It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is happening in the forests of Africa.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
well if you buy into the whole ascension theory that comes with 2012 maybe as we ascend to the next level of consciousness so to does every other living thing on this planet. that might explain why these primate are showing signs of evolution. maybe its their turn to run the planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
This is ludicrous. This is just another attempt to substantiate evolution over the truth of God creating the universe. Chimps are amongst the most trainable animals on earth and the whole world knows that the CIA or some United States organization looking to instill a popular religious thought could easily (and most likely did) just train the chimps to do this and then take them to a jungle somewhere and video tape them doing what they were trained to do. I have seen better parlor tricks from Chriss Angel than this. This isn't even a good trick, to bad some are already blindly falling for such a blatant hoax. The reason why you can't see it outside of the U.S. is because the rest of the world has not been dumbed down and only a dumbed down population is going to fall for this. This is just unconscionable to exploit peoples beliefs like this.

Oh dear, it really is unfortunate that you feel this way. Just because something disagrees with your religious ideas it must be a plot by the Central Intelligence Agency? Honestly is that actually a more logical assumption for you than the thought that your specific views on evolution may need to be re-examined?

I saw the piece and yes, it may have been slightly sensationalistic, but the premise is incredibly interesting, and worthy of far more study! Thinking about such things scientifically is the single best way to prevent the ideological hijacking of this for any agenda.

Phenomium, for you as well a hard scientific eye would probably be the best idea in my opinion. By seeing the facts, blind undeniable material facts, you can make more informed decisions about your beliefs and faith. Remember, faith in any given religion is an active decision one has to make, as is atheism or agnosticism too, but you owe it to yourself for it to be an informed decision!

There are branches of Christianity that do not have any problem with evolution, and I have heard a great many arguments for such thinking. Catholics and the Anglican Church both have a great deal of theological writings on such. Perhaps you'd be inclined to take a look.

It really is rather tragic that you would rather create a conspiracy out of thin air instead of marveling at the wonders of nature and how much we are learning.

To the OP, brilliant post, well done! I enjoyed it immensely and it's got my mind turning quite a bit as well. Also thank you to the other posters on this thread, all of you have raised some very good points and questions.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Not that I mean to underestimate the intelligence of earth life..

However, this thread was started just last week.

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

The "real" ark of the covenant was supposed to be unveiled in Ethiopia last Friday but it never happened (probably a hoax anyway, but still noteworthy since the topic is Africa).

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
This is ludicrous. This is just another attempt to substantiate evolution over the truth of God creating the universe.

This is where the chimps messed up and the whole show went down hill the first time around......when the concept of RELIGION was introduced.

And we never did quite fully recover.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
this is new ? japanese snow monkeys have hot tubs

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
This is where the chimps messed up and the whole show went down hill the first time around......when the concept of RELIGION was introduced.

And we never did quite fully recover.

That was the 20th Century.

You must be new here.

Dick Cheney is Satan.

US admin, CIA, Israel, Mossad - control everything

Alex Jones is the Great Prophet

people can't live without religions

they invent new ones

M

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The evolution escalator begins!! hope they do a better job than we did.

I wonder if we are due for a growth spurt?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
this is nothing new, apes are
intelligent creatures and can learn
new tricks very easily

this does not mean they are evolving

one thing puzzles me:

if evolution theory is correct,
why are still monkeys around?

they didn't evolve for millions of years...

it is yet another proof that there is something wrong
with the theory of evolution (darwinist style) and that
someone or something (aliens or whatever) intervene
and changed the ape DNA to evolve into human as it is now

otherwise this planet would be still filled with apes
that are learning new tricks with sticks

funny thing to me is how darwinists (and scientists in general)
react just like religious people when someone
questions with reason their theories and dogmas

and they call themselves 'open minded'

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

The managers of Gulag's islands tell us that the swimmers, crawlers, walkers and fliers spent their lives working in order to eat.

These managers are broadcasting their news too soon. The varied beings haven't all been exterminated yet. You, reader, have only to mingle with them, or just watch them from a distance, to see that their waking lives are filled with dances, games and feasts. Even the hunt, the stalking and feigning and leaping, is not what we call Work, but what we call Fun. The only beings who work are the inmates of Gulag's islands, the zeks.

The zek's ancestors did less work than a corporation owner. They didn't know what work was. They lived in a condition J.J. Rousseau called "the state of nature." Rousseau's term should be brought back into common use. It grates on the nerves of those who, in R. Vaneigem's words, carry cadavers in their mouths. It makes the armor visible. Say "the state of nature" and you'll see the cadavers peer out.

Insist that "freedom" and "the state of nature" are synonyms, and the cadavers will try to bite you. The tame, the domesticated, try to monopolize the word freedom; they'd like to apply it to their own condition. They apply the word "wild" to the free. But it is another public secret that the tame, the domesticated, occasionally become wild but are never free so long as they remain in their pens.

Even the common dictionary keeps this secret only half hidden. It begins by saying that free means citizen! But then it says, "Free: a) not determined by anything beyond its own nature or being; b) determined by the choice of actor or by his wishes..."

The secret is out. Birds are free until people cage them. The Biosphere, Mother Earth herself, is free when she moistens herself, when she sprawls in the sun and lets her skin erupt with varicolored hair teeming with crawlers and fliers. She is not determined by anything beyond her own nature or being until another sphere of equal magnitude crashes into her, or until a cadaverous beast cuts into her skin and rends her bowels.

Against History, Against Leviathan!--Fredy Perlman

[edit on 29-6-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
WoW, ..... these little guys are almost smart enough to be forced into slavery. I'll have to keep an eye on em.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
ONE HOUR?

Oh, man.

I really don't have the time to wait for it to load, then watch.

Ack. From what u guys are posting it sounds really good though.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
No big deal.Now if they could change a flat tire or make a pizza id be impressed.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

they didn't evolve for millions of years...

it is yet another proof that there is something wrong
with the theory of evolution (darwinist style) and that
someone or something (aliens or whatever) intervene
and changed the ape DNA to evolve into human as it is now

otherwise this planet would be still filled with apes
that are learning new tricks with sticks

funny thing to me is how darwinists (and scientists in general)
react just like religious people when someone
questions with reason their theories and dogmas

and they call themselves 'open minded'

No, I don't think so.

I'm a scientist and if a new theory comes along that disproves evolution, I will gladly accept it. But so far, none has. Religion and creationism has ALREADY been disproved. It does not make the scientific community "close-minded".

You misconstrue what "evolution" entails. Evolution does not mean a progression of species from one to another over time - it is a combination of natural selection and mutation. You think that evolution means over time, ALL monkeys will become HUMANS.

The process of evolution is not straight-forward, and consists of the following:

1) An orangutan or ape is in very poor circumstances. For example, the trees are being eradicated, and they're living in very warm, humid conditions that are getting worse, due to a combination of geographic factors research is working on now. They require a supine form of walking, on two legs, in order to speed up the hunt for prey and to get to their fruit and food quickly, since they lack the trees to swing from. They need to get less body covering - hair - if not they will die of serious overheating.

2) The ability for a primate to use his feet to cling onto the branches and trees starts to diminish. He/it doesn't need to use them as much.

3) Mutation occurs. The feet, instead of being curved, is now flattened out, much like the soles we have on OUR feet today. And since these soles allow the primates to RUN fast instead of SWING fast - again, the trees are vanishing - these primates with the soles will naturally outrun those without and will thus get a lion's share of the fruit and insects and little animals and whatnot.

4) The primates WITHOUT soles will die out.

5) The process continues, develops further until WE come to who we are, with the ability to communicate. Those who cannot die off.

6) But ELSEWHERE, there is no need for monkeys in, say, Borneo, to learn to talk and run. Why should they? The trees are aplenty, the swinging is good, and the food is fantastic.

WHO says aliens interfered?

Again, that is a THEORY at best until proof can be obtained which says that panspermia and alien intervention resulted in spikes in the evolution chart.

But Creationism is far beyond that. It is a religious theory that cannot and will never be proved, because of the abstract concept of a God Creating lifeforms out of nothing at all.

If you can prove to me Creation did INDEED happen (and don't go to your Bible for the proof) scientifically then I will say, YES, The Big Bang Theory is not real and God indeed created the universe as we know it.

Whereas religious conservatives say "No, I REFUSE to believe in ANYTHING ELSE other than God Creating the universe! The Bible said it - it has to be true! The scientists behave like us, anyway, since they adamantly refuse to believe in a God!"

The fact is that, and you know it too, that Creation is just NOT possible in any scientific field.

It's not a matter of being "open-minded" or "close-minded" it's being rational and logical.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by KarlG]

[edit on 29-6-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

the hundreds of species that encompases " monkies " include a broad spectrum of species that that each adapted [ read EVOLVED ] to be the best suited to a particular environmental niche [ that encompases everything from climate to diet and even wether the species has a prehensile , or indeed any tail and weather its arboreal , ground dwelling or uses both envirnments ]

the reason monkies still exist - is because the environmental niches they have addapted tooccupy still exist - its that simple

and thats what evolutionary theory predicts

the [problem is not a flaw in evolutionary theory - but rather your ignorance of it - or you acceptance of a flawed view of evolutionary theory that is commonly espoused by creationist believers

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
ONE HOUR?

Oh, man.

Ack. From what u guys are posting it sounds really good though.

While not the same as watching the show, I have found the link to the shows transcript... It is hosted on the PBS web site so those outside the US may not have access... sorry not my doing
Transcript Ape Genius w/research credits at bottom of page

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
soon they'll start wearing iron helmets and run in groups, and then they'll post topics about us...

no, seriously, that makes you think about evolution as a whole. Given that the chimps are DNA-related to us, their abilities were probably accelerated by the presence of human technology. They may be the next civilization on Earth, once we're gone...who knows?

thanks for the video, OP

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
ONE HOUR?

Oh, man.

How much time are you gonna spend in traffic or queued in a line up today, dude?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmmm looks like a couple of monkeys acting like a couple of monkeys to me i could be wrong!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Totally killer, and not limited to chimps. I posted the following a ways back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems the Orangs may be mimicking, but it is still remarkable IMHO...

Some VERY smart creatures.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Totally killer, and not limited to chimps. I posted the following a ways back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems the Orangs may be mimicking, but it is still remarkable IMHO...

Some VERY smart creatures.

Very cool maybe we need a new thread on animals exhibiting very human like behaviours... who knows they may be taking over sooner than we'd like

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join