It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World exclusive: NASA Finds Missing Moon Landing Tapes : Update

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

World exclusive: NASA Finds Missing Moon Landing Tapes

www.express.co.uk

ECSTATIC space officials at Nasa could be about to unveil one of their most stunning discoveries for 40 years — new and amazingly clear footage of the first moon landing.

The release of the new images next month could be one of the most talked about events of the summer.

The television images the world has been used to seeing of the historic moment when Neil Armstrong descended down a ladder onto the moon’s surface in 1969 is grainy, blurry and dark.

The following scenes, in which the astronauts move around the lunar lander, are so murky it is difficult to make out exactly what is
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.statesman.com

[edit on 7/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This seems to be somewhat convenient, tapes supposed to be lost were found in a Perth AU storage facility..

Just in time for the upcoming 40th anniversary celebration planned for July?

These tapes, according to the article, are supposed to end the conspiracy theories surrounding the moon landing in 69...

I think it will cause more, not the least being the fortunate timing of the tapes findings...

We shall see.

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
watch them find some UFOs or ET evidence on those tapes... i have a hunch .. just my two cents...

PEACE LOVE ENLIGHTENMENT

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow! Great find JacKatMtn! There is sure to be all sorts of conspiracy surrounding these tapes! The ATS programmers better get started making a new Moon Landing Footage Forum, b/c this will be HUGE! I'm going to go put a new layer on my tinfoil hat and pop some popcorn to get ready to spend countless hours analyzing the new videos. I might even watch the video where Buzz Aldrin punches that dude who claims the moon landing was a fake, just to get into the mood.

The release of the new images next month

I wan't them NOW!!

Impatiently waiting
-E-

[edit on 28-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Of course this is terrific, unexpected news, but really, how on earth did they lose the tapes in the first place?

The skeptic in me will wait until I actually see the footage to believe this ridiculous saga.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

While it would be great if the tapes have been found and NASA is able to show them, don't get too excited by this one article..

It does appear that the author has made some assumptions from the inquiries to NASA, and also remember that there is a possibility that the tapes could be unusable..

My concerns are the timing...

Celebrating the moon landing anniversary with the lost footage would be huge coincidence would it not?

Who knows? it could just be a publicity stunt... we just have to be patient and see how it develops

ed:sp

[edit on 6/28/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Although they faked a lot of the footage or intentional made it look like crap for"national security" purposes, it has always been a hunch that the moon landing did happen and they might of went up to explore the ruins or check out the monolith that were rumored to be up there. I am sure there was a purpose to the mission other than the space race. I would bet we have cameras that live stream footage from the moons surface from that mission functioning today. Of course there are no facts to back up my lucid imagination, lol, but you never know.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oh my God !

This is amazing! Awsome!

This will bring the moon landing conspiracies to a whole new level.

But how in the world could someone misplace something as important as these tapes!
The timing does seem a bit suspicious, but stranger coincidences have been known to happen. I shall reserve my judgement until more info comes through.

I can't wait to see it. I bet the ATS traffic will explode on that day

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'll bet we never get to see the footage on film from the original tapes.

What NASA will feed us is remastered, cleaned up digitally, sanitized BS.

And the record of one of the crowning achievements of mankind is LOST!

that would be like misplacing the Declaration of Independence.

gimmie a break.........

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Are they the same tapes that Zorgon posted about last year? IIRC they were found in an closed-down Macdonalds at an Aussie USAFB...There's a thread about them somewhere...

Edit...whoops...my mistake...wrong tapes....Zorgon's thread was Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found In an Abandoned McDonalds

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
cant wait till see this film...should be good for a laugh.... i wonder if they will be using the same film studio or will it be all cgi...im thinking of a cross between buzz aldrin and super mario .....lol

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Are these the tapes that where found in a closed McDonalds ?

If so, NASA didn't "find" anything! NASA discarded them and THANK GOD the right person came across them and kept them preserved!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Great find JacKatMtn.I've been working on this project I do hope that they are found,I hope this article is not old news as this happen 3years ago were they thought they had found them in a Perth university which was later found to be not so.Tommorrow I'm chatting with someone from the Honey suckle creek so I'll find out oneway all the other.
The problem has always been the fact that they were supposed to be shipped back to NASA Goddard Space flight center Greeenbelt Maryland.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/404133c18369.jpg[/atsimg]

The following scenes, in which the astronauts move around the lunar lander, are so murky it is difficult to make out exactly what is going on, causing conspiracy theorists to claim the entire Apollo 11 mission was an elaborate fraud..........
Instead, a poor quality copy made from a 16mm** camera pointing at a heavily compressed image on a black and white TV screen has been the only record of the event.

16mm** it was a 8mm camera not a 16mm as stated!
See the footage in question here:

Source:

(click to open player in new window)

Zelong.

[edit on 28/6/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

From the sourced article:

However, recently scientists looking for other data stumbled across a number of Nasa tapes in a storage facility in Perth, Australia.

Does that mean they aren't the McDonalds tapes? I don't know, it says that they were recorded at the Parkes Observatory...

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the tapes and their possible existence can chime in..

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how they can simply misplace a bunch of video footage from one of the most amazing, expensive and important events in human achievement.
It's not like misplacing the TV remote.

Smells fishier than a brothel to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
not to worry. something always slips through the censors.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My understanding is that they found a 100 or so instrument data tapes in Perth three years ago.

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

Sounds like the TV tape was in that pile, and NASA have been keeping it quiet so they can use it for the 40th anniversary.

The Express newspaper appears to have sniffed out the story ahead of the transmission of the original images.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by ommadawn]

[edit on 28-6-2009 by ommadawn]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Darn it....

Tapes found 3 years ago link -

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The old low quality footage was just grainy enough to be credible as genuine moon footage with what they could do with 60's props and effects. Now, with digital technology advanced enough to create a backdrop, surroundings and effects realistic enough to withstand extremely close scrutiny, a better quality appears, just in time for a 40 year anniversary as if by fantastic coincidence.

If it wasn't for NASA's antics I probably wouldn't have given the moon landings a second thought. NASA seems to have a way of generating more conspiracy theories than their data would seem to be able to generate at first glance.

It almost has me wondering whether NASA profits from us doubting, wondering and arguing.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Originally posted by bismarcksea

From the sourced article:

However, recently scientists looking for other data stumbled across a number of Nasa tapes in a storage facility in Perth, Australia.

Does that mean they aren't the McDonalds tapes? I don't know, it says that they were recorded at the Parkes Observatory...

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the tapes and their possible existence can chime in..

These tapes their referring to are not the McMoon Tapes (Denis Wingo) now called,(LOIRP)Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project.

Source:Honeysuckle Creek
The search for the Apollo 11 TV tapes The Apollo 11 Moonwalk in July 1969 was the climax of the Apollo Program with the largest television audience in history watching Mankind’s first steps on the Moon. Surprisingly, the best quality TV was never seen outside the tracking stations. The pictures seen by the world were degraded by the time they reached Houston. The highest quality TV was recorded on telemetry tapes at the three tracking stations which received the signal – Goldstone, Honeysuckle Creek and Parkes. These tapes have never been replayed, but if they can be found and digitally processed, they could produce stunningly clear TV – much better than was seen in Houston or on the worldwide broadcast. The original tapes may be stored – and forgotten about – at a NASA facility somewhere.
Read more here....

Here's a .PDF www.honeysucklecreek.net...

I hope this isn't old news.

I will be chatting with Colin Mackellar(Honeysuckle Creek ) tomorrow so I'll will get back to you on this tomorrow night AUS time.

This is Great news.

Zelong.

[edit on 28/6/09 by Zelong]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join