It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Masons are not Illuminati!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I have a problem with muslims...

I have no problem with Muslims who want to be Masons. It means that they respect my views and I respect theirs. Masonry teaches us that all men are brothers under the eye of God.

On a side note, I have no problem with Muslims in general as long as they practice the same morality as I mentioned above.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Brother, I respect your opinion.

I cannot and will not sit in lodge with them. My own personal thing. I do not trust them as far as i can throw'em. The one's around dallas are like the ones i see on tv. If I had a good experience with them, maybe.

Havent had one yet. Were it not for moderators, I would give my FULL opinion of them.

I have no problem with any other religion (aside from the freaks such as church of satan and so forth).

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Damn that's quite a rant! Don't bottle it up or you may explode Brother. Some people though just won't get it. Some will spend their entire life denouncing us and contributing nothing to their community.

reply to post by Blundo

And what is this bad you speak of?

reply to post by wiredamerican

They technically shouldn't be asking you. Those Brothers should know better.

reply to post by colt122

And please, due tell, what group are we within? And if you KNOW that we have bad intentions then you must have EVIDENCE. Please provide.

reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Mint, I'm curious. I thought they closed off the hotel when the Bilderberg met? Who are these masonic links?

reply to post by amfirst

Actually only the Misraim goes up to the 90s. Unless you know of some mysterious degree the rest of don't.

reply to post by senrak

You are indeed involved. I'm a part of the Lodge of Research in Idaho.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

Degrees don't equal rank or authority. The two rites are just extensions of the Master Mason degree, not higher. He does have an impressive list of degrees (in reality he could have posted just the main body, but decided to break it out).

I went the other way, York Rite, first, but I also am a 1st generation Mason and didn't have something like that to carry me to the Scottish Rite. I have been thinking about joining the Order of the Eastern Star. Well, mostly there is a young lady who has been asking me to join

Most Muslims are not bad and are pretty peaceful. My former roommate was from Pakistan and the one before him was from Turkey. The Pakistani was also my "lil bro" in the Kappa Sigma fraternity.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Degrees don't equal rank or authority. The two rites are just extensions of the Master Mason degree, not higher. He does have an impressive list of degrees (in reality he could have posted just the main body, but decided to break it out).

You are exactly right about that, Brother! When the question "what degree are you?" came out, I started to type out the title of every degree of every Rite and group I belong to (just to make a point) Non-members typically don't understand the structure or hierarchy of our fraternity, but the tend to think they do for some reason. I was speaking to the Gr. Archivist of the S.R. last evening on another matter and I made the comment that since the Scottish Rite has names for every one of the degrees, I wish to h*** we'd never gotten the habit of referring to our degrees by number...outsiders just can't figure it out.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
lol nevermind... I kinda just wanted to know exactly what that guys problem with muslims is... but who cares...

I personally don't like muslims, but I don't like ANYONE OF ANY RELIGION.

But I especially don't like people who are racist (if thats what in fact this boils down to, you don't like muslims just because most of them are brown).

But don't ever bother responding, because I'm sure it'll be something that won't make sense to me. Because I wasnt raised to be prejudice or hateful!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

"""I went the other way, York Rite, first, but I also am a 1st generation Mason and didn't have something like that to carry me to the Scottish Rite. I have been thinking about joining the Order of the Eastern Star. Well, mostly there is a young lady who has been asking me to join . """'

Dude, you think OUR work was hard! Those ladies will put you through your paces and then some! The brother that taught me my work had just joined after his wife became Worthy Matron I believe.

Imagine your grandmother teaching you to make a pie and checking the thickness of the crust with a dial caliper!!

They are sweet. They are just very particular when a man comes in. Rightfully so. They have their mysteries and we ours.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by senrak

That's one thing I like about the York Rite - no numbers attached to the degrees and orders.

Yeah, I'm expecting no mercy from the ladies, but I expect that I will have fun nonetheless. I'm curious to join as the current Worthy Matron is in her late 20s.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

90 degrees? I know of some (shall we say) very metaphysical brothers that have published. Not just Albert Pike either. They are STILL only 33 degree.

The Scottish Rite of Masonry has 33 degrees, with the 33rd of course being the highest. The Egyptian Rite of Mitzraim had 90 degrees, and the Oriental Rite of Memphis had 97 degrees. The guy who posted that stuff about "90 degrees" above seems to have confused the Scottish Rite with the Rite of Mitzraim.

I cannot and will not sit in lodge with them.

So if a brother of the Islamic faith visited your Lodge, you would leave?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

90 degrees? I know of some (shall we say) very metaphysical brothers that have published. Not just Albert Pike either. They are STILL only 33 degree.

The Scottish Rite of Masonry has 33 degrees, with the 33rd of course being the highest. The Egyptian Rite of Mitzraim had 90 degrees, and the Oriental Rite of Memphis had 97 degrees. The guy who posted that stuff about "90 degrees" above seems to have confused the Scottish Rite with the Rite of Mitzraim.

I cannot and will not sit in lodge with them.

So if a brother of the Islamic faith visited your Lodge, you would leave?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Masonic Light]

OOPS> hit reply too quick.

I would use the situation to see what makes them tick. I have had dealings with muslims in the past and found them less than friendly at best.
The ones that were "friendly" didnt seem genuine...like they were hiding something.

I didnt like them before 911 and bloody well didnt after. I judge a group of people by their actions.

Beheadings of all kinds,
stoning of women (especially when they were the one victimized,
women being property more than human,
sharia law in general,

the cancer-like infestation that their culture is doing over here and other places in the west.

Michiganistan, Richardson (here in the dallas area), parts of England, the Northlands (Scandinavia-Germania) where the police will not go for example.

Their culture and ours are incompatible. Maybe after they have their own "reformation" maybe they will have a chance.

Until they become humans, I will have no dealings with them that are not necessary.

I said before, I have no problem with any other religion or path.
Only theirs and I dont include those "converted" at sword point (Iranians and Iraqi were Chaldeans before the muslim scourge was inflicted). I see hope for them. Its too bad we are so spread out (like Rome) too help them out.

Any of them that reform to a different way, I will be the first to offer my hand.

I will stop now before this becomes to much of a rant. Besides this is getting way off topic.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by felonius]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I cannot and will not sit in lodge with them. My own personal thing.

Then you are missing the prime tenet of Freemasonry, that of Brotherly Love. If a man chooses to sit in lodge with you then you must assume he respects you as much as you should respect him. This act alone warrants your consideration as he has sworn to treat you the same way he expects to be treated himself. If more men practiced this crucial aspect of Masonry the world would be a much more tolerant place.

I have sat in lodge with men of all races and religions and I am proud to call each of them Brother.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Well, what you've described as a fault is something that many religions have, and in some cases, do still practice.
And not just Islam, aside from various fundie group, I can state for certain I've talked with folks who would jump in if someone decided to redo the Salem trials.

You have to judge people on a case by case basis. Otherwise that paintbrush you have will just keep getting bigger and bigger.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

When you said qabalah i thought you ment the Kabbalah, which leads me to my next question do you allow members who's religion centers around the Kabbalah to join???

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Felonius: The fact that you generalise so negatively about Muslims indicates to me that it has been some time since you truly listened to the words in the various charges delivered in your lodge at every meeting.

Maybe you know them by rote, maybe you think you understand the intent behind them, but I would strongly suggest that you revisit this knowledge and question yourself as to whether you are possessed of "upright intentions".

I'm disappointed to observe this kind of contempt from a Mason who professes Brotherly Love.

If you truly think that all, or a majority, of Muslim men are engaged in misogyny and decapitation, then I fear you are lost to blindness and prejudice.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Roark]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I guess my main problem with the masons is Albert Pike because he says to embrace Lucifer the Lightbearer, now i know he refers to a star when he says lucifer, but anyway you wanna break it down lucifer is satan, and any person telling me to embrace satan is not someone i'd really wanna be around or that persons cult, gang, club, ect ect ect.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
I guess my main problem with the masons is Albert Pike because he says to embrace Lucifer the Lightbearer...

Can you direct me to that quote? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
I guess my main problem with the masons is Albert Pike because he says to embrace Lucifer the Lightbearer

No, he didn't. He said that the word "Lucifer" *means* "light bearer", which was an accurate statement.

now i know he refers to a star when he says lucifer, but anyway you wanna break it down lucifer is satan

This statement is contradictory. First you say the word refers to a star, but then say it refers to Satan.

In reality, the equating of "Lucifer" with satan is a modern confusion, and not one that Pike shared.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've heard (read) of the Albert Pike/Lucifer connection before but when I brought it up to masons here on ATS they said it was up to Pike who he chose to worship or follow. Ted Bundy was catholic but that doesn't make all catholics serial killers. . .
Now we're saying that Lucifer doesn't mean, or have, satanic overtones? Well, I'm sorry but it does and I believe that Pike knew this when he made his statement, but like I said before, it doesn;t by any means show that all masons are devil worshippers. It was Pikes personal choice and not one (I hope) that all masons follow.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I feel your frustration felonius...

I believe you. Masons, and others, are a distraction.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I've heard (read) of the Albert Pike/Lucifer connection before but when I brought it up to masons here on ATS they said it was up to Pike who he chose to worship or follow.

But Pike never said anything about "worshiping or following Lucifer".

Now we're saying that Lucifer doesn't mean, or have, satanic overtones?

It does, but only to those who are uneducated in history and theology.

Well, I'm sorry but it does and I believe that Pike knew this when he made his statement

Pike was aware of the modern twisting of the meaning of "Lucifer", and rightfully rejected it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join