It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the European Union is so quiet about this ? Warning: GRAPHIC

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

I totally agree! If you are not a vegetarian, you should not be protesting! I also wanted to say that it disgusts me how many people are so ready to defend animals when they are slaughtered for food and clothing, but indeed support the slaughtering of human babies in thier mothers womb and call it prochoice!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'll keep eating my $6 a package humanely slaughtered bacon from whole foods and will continue to criticize idiots that slaughter defenseless whales.

That lady is an idiot. Of course they aren't endangered now. But that's exactly how species become endangered, especially dolphins.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Looks like Norwegian to me, Danes don't hunt Whales as much as the Norwegians do. Besides the biggest Whale killer nation in the world is Japan, who even kills humans to be able to make a kill on a whale. ( Sea Shepard Captain Case)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

As for me i do eat meat.
Plenty of it too.

The only difference being that it comes from rural areas of my island, from properly taken care of animals, free to wander around in nature, and fully looked after. Their death is short with absence of agony, perception or even pain.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

Hmm.........

So you lull the animals into a false sense of security, take care of them, convince them they are free.....then BAM, a quick death? Am I understanding this correctly?

You have lost your right to continue this thread

What's next people? Are we going to go after sharks and other predators? I know, let's gather up all of the tigers, lions, etc. and force them to become vegetarians!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclearman

I totally agree! If you are not a vegetarian, you should not be protesting! I also wanted to say that it disgusts me how many people are so ready to defend animals when they are slaughtered for food and clothing, but indeed support the slaughtering of human babies in thier mothers womb and call it prochoice!!!

What an idiot

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
They killed only what they could eat and left nature unspoiled.

No they didn't, they would stampede herds of Buffalo off the end of a cliff; not exactly a precise way of getting "just what you need".

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Didnt bother reading all the posts...

What right does everyone here have to whinge and say that these people are sick and blah, blah, blah?

Why do u insist on places your values and morales on people that are following a tradition that has been going on for hundreds of years?

Its a practice that has been occurring for hundreds of years so the people can survive the winter months back in the day before mcdonalds and home delivery pizza.

Some people on people on here complain about globalization, big companies and the NWO (who are for globalization) and by you saying this is wrong and they shouldn't do it because it doesn't fit in with your values and they should be like me(or us) is in a form globalization.

Your whinging and complaining about 100's of whales being killed for food. do you know where your meat you eat (if u eat meat) comes from everyday? or is it ok to kill a domesticated animal for food? I find it completely hypocritical if u eat meat and u complain about this clip!

/end rant

Anyway, i dont hunt/fish, in fact i hate trophy hunting, i have no issue with hunting for food. That clip was even hard to watch.

But please, before you get on your soap box and complain. Think about it!

*pretty drunk, so apologies with spelling/gramma and happy flaming*

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I will admit that I am against treating any form of life so atrociously without good reason,the video and pics are very disturbing.............

But.....we really don't treat each other any differently,the only difference is that we don't cannibalise one another literally,we do it financially after physically and mentally destroying one another.

Even if you are a vegetarian,you support this kind of behaviour by supporting the system that allows these things to happen.

Think more deeply,dive off of your pedestal instead of just looking down on these atrocities from above.

You are not above it,it does effect you even if you are not doing these things yourself.

Don't be offended,just think more deeply.

We are all responsible for these atrocious acts by our unwillingness to act to stop them,all of them.

This is called 'speciesism',it is very near racism or any other kind of prejudice,where the rights and feelings of another person or species is not taken into consideration.

Unplug.

It is only about money,and money and greed are the real problem with everything that happens in this world.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Lull people into a false sense of security,then allow the system they rely upon,because of their own stupidity and laziness,to collapse,or as they say 're-adjust'...........

What the fk is the difference.

We need to work on ourselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Agreed!

Tuna is good!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Get a grip people. This is obviously a cultural thing. They have probably been doing this for hundreds of years. From the looks of things this is probably a fishing community, one that has probably survived for along time and was probably even founded there because of the rich fishing resources.

I dont think they are just wasting all these animals for fun, they are probably processing and selling them.

Before you all stop hugging your trees and petting the animals to attack me remember that we are all predatory, meat-eating animals. Yes thats right folks we are cold blooded killing machines which is why we hunt, have wars and fight eachother for dominance. Time to come to terms with it. The reason why we are so soft and fat nowadays is all these damn processed foods and prescription medications.

If you think this is cruelty maybe you better ask yourself during your next BBQ where all those hamburger patties you ate came from.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I know this is bad... but this is almost like int he US whereas the US Hunt Deers. But the only difference is that they hunt wales. Vice Versa.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
These creatures are such innocents. They must know there's blood surrounding them, they must feel fear. Being intelligent I think they know what's coming.

Any animal being killed for food deserves a swift end. Here it's anything but.

It simply can't be defended. And I'm a meat eater. And yes, the EU should condemn it.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

Exactly, many major older cities around the planet exist only because it was convenient to live there because of how conveniently close to a source of food it was located.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by New Lanark Boy

I love how worked up people get about these atrocities to animals and the "lets condemn it" attitude but yet when this happens to people on a large scale there is nothing but silence.

We are either led to believe that killing people in another country is ok or people will say "well somebody should do something about that" and then they dont do anything at all. Unless it is happening to us nobody seems to care. BUt god forbid the poor defenceless animals should be harmed right?

War hawks and senators
They sit tight, so trite
Never their sons will know
What it's like to fight
But soldiers are dead
And children have bled
And the silence is numb
What have we become?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
Insane slaughter! This is the 21st Century, not the 11th!

true but has anything REALLY changed? ofc it hasn't mankind is still as sadistic and cruel as they were back then , thats progress!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by awdbawl
You know whats sad, I live in norway and I saw a flyer for an ice cream truck that comes around here.. they dont serve soft serve ice cream...no but what they do sell is whale meat! I have the ad I scanned it. You know it sickens me, that whales are on the verge of extinction and IGNORANT EUROPEANS are still doing this poo for a buck. We, americans do more to save the world than any other nation, I'm sure. We get backlash from every country about being stupid and fat, but when Denmark depletes the ocean of whales and causes mass extinction, its another day.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by awdbawl]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

This is how real stupid american. What about millions iraq and Afgans refugees? what about nuclear weapons ? If America want to save the world,WHY not give up nuclear weapons??

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

George, the wheels of change grind slowly. You posted this and brought it to the attention of others. We debate the various aspects and at some point the cultural change will come for these Danes and hopefully not when all is lost for the whales. We raise livestock for food and we hunt animals and harvest fish for food. I'm certain the argument from these people is along these lines. That there are cultural aspects of their hunt is not surprising and should not be looked down upon. We might find it foreign, we might find it cruel but it is human. Not everyone has the same worldview. What's frustrating is that these people are close enough to our own worldview in so many other aspects of life. Any international pressure should focus on the plight of the whale species as there is little to argue there.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
IMO if you eat meat of any kind you have no right to protest agains this.
Why is it ok to slaughter cows, chickens, pigs etc., but not whales?

By eating meat you are supportive of animal slaughter (and i say this as a meat eater).

Do you think the Native Americans hated the Buffalo?

You can eat meat and respect nature, by keeping things in balance.
You can respect the animal kingdom and still hunt in it.
Most of the indigenous peoples of the world have done so for quite some time.
"Civilized" man was the wasteful and cruel one.

What you claim is like saying if you eat veggies you condone horrific slave labor.
If you use a computer, you support toxic sweatshops.

I agree that this is cruel and seemingly inhumane, but don't paint all "omnivores" with that brush unless you are positive your hands aren't even slightly dirty by such an extension.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Guys, whales and dolphins are good eating. Sometimes we need to remember we are top of the food chain around here, and the benefit of that is we get to eat what we want.

I'd eat my neighbor's new kitten in front of her if it would get her to shut up about how cute it is.

Seriously though, I have had both whale and dolphoin.....ah...er....several times (couldn't make up my mind if I liked them or not, lol). But they are not to my tastes (perhaps they were cooked poorly, I don't know) so I say lets go out of our way to save the gay baby whales (and dolphins)

Anyone here ever been to a slaughterhouse before? If not, then don't complain about these poor fish...ah..er..I mean mammals. Cow, chicken, whale, dolphin......the way we treat all of them is sickening, but the way we treat each other is even worse. After watching the news and seeing how humans treat other humans you want to throw up a red flag over this? It seems perfectly natural for a human to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join