It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the European Union is so quiet about this ? Warning: GRAPHIC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You aren't a man unless you kill something that is ready and willing to kill you back.

This is just absolutely ludicrous, This video is so barbaric and unnecessary that it makes me want to puke.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is not news. The Japanese have been slaughtering dolphins for quite some time now.

Why? to see the meat advertised as Whale meat...no idea why...

And such and such...

It's savage and it serves no purpose to massacre these brilliant and very intelligent species.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
we all need to die and i'm happy to die as long as we all die. we don't deserve to be here when this # happens.
the forces of the universe cant allow this so come on forces get it done kill us all before we kill everthing else.

peace to all was my goodbye note but somehow feels silly saying it now.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The meat from the mass slaughter is not sold, rather divided among the community where it has been part of their diet for over 1,000 years.

Considering this is a tradition that spans back more than a thousand years, and, the meat does not go to waste?

Quit blubbering over some dead fish (ok whales) and get real.

Each and every one of you is wearing SOMETHING from a dead animal so get off the hypocrisy and leave other cultures alone.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'd honestly rather see humans being slaughtered! And everyone wonders why man is poison to this planet.

Another of the many reasons mankind needs to be completely annihilated

we all need to die and i'm happy to die as long as we all die.

You just got to laugh don’t you.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwannaseethisshipgodown
we all need to die and i'm happy to die as long as we all die. we don't deserve to be here when this # happens.
the forces of the universe cant allow this so come on forces get it done kill us all before we kill everthing else.

peace to all was my goodbye note but somehow feels silly saying it now.

or not. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Everything eats everything and that's the way it is. I guarantee those whales didn't get that big ordering salad, they just made the mistake of running into something that would eat them. How free are you feeling now Willie?

The only problem here is that we're looking at how nasty and bloody it is but I bet it's just as bad at any Tyson or Armor processing plant - chickens go in, nuggets come out, with a cute little save the Penguin "Happy Feet" toy on the back end.

You never hear anyone chanting save the Tuna do you? Then you have the token liberal Dolphin who prefers to hang with the Tuna and accidentally gets caught in the net - Oh sure, the ditz crowd will cry for flipper then but Charlie tuna can get bent, talk about favoritism...

Cow is mans real best friend, we get milk and plenty of great meat - pigs are a close second.

PETA will never do anything, PETA sucks, PETA is the place where rich people store their stupid daughter while their smarter one runs the family business. If PETA really cared for animals don't you think they would have done something about the donkey show by now? Having some nasty Mexican hooker do, you know what, to the poor donkey. It's bad enough being an animal whose name rhymes with glass but do you need to go through life with crabs too? And speaking of crabs where is PETA on that one...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
You just got to laugh don’t you.

Yes, you do out of one side of your mouth and weep out of the other because this sort of "conversation" has debased the lion's share of interesting debates to varying degrees.

Welcome to the world of food on a large scale. We kill multitudes of small animals just harvesting grain, so even you vegetarians are murderers.

If any that are outraged are truly sincere, then fine, let's talk. We can have a productive conversation.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
IMO if you eat meat of any kind you have no right to protest agains this.
Why is it ok to slaughter cows, chickens, pigs etc., but not whales?

By eating meat you are supportive of animal slaughter (and i say this as a meat eater).

Very good point.

I'm a vegetarian myself, and though I have eaten fish before, I'm trying to avoid it as well now and instead just eat family farm raised milk products (or eggs) occasionally.

Not to downplay the horror of this massacre, but dolphins are not always innocent, friendly mammals:

Dolphins are playful and intelligent as well as being one of the most social creatures in the sea. It is now being discovered that Dolphins are also brutal killers, killing baby porpoises as well as their own young.

Having grown up swimming with the Dolphins and witnessing their playful behavior and antics firsthand, this new evidence that has been compiled by marine scientists that shows that they are also capable of brutal attacks both on innocent fellow marine mammals and, on its own kind, is quite disturbing.

The Dolphin Murders

Why this behavior? Hopefully dolphins didn't learn this from us...

(also, I didn't read this entire thread so if someone already posted the article link, my apologies)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I wonder if they make boots, jackets and other products from the skins. I don't know if they realize that whales and dolphins have high levels of mercury.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I feel bad for these people, they will face this pain at their time.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
coming of age? all it proves is how fxxxed they really are,the planet would be better off without these type of people,why don't they have a coming of age session were they pass the knife around and cut each others throats,see if thats fun.sorry about that,it turns my gut,the things man does to animals in his arrogance,theirs no need to kill animals,no,not even for food.its a myth that we are carnivores.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In my opinion, is not OK to kill for ANY reason species that are in danger. Not even if it is a tradition. Chickens, pigs etc will never be in danger since we breed them. I'm mostly a meat eater my self but i would never eat whales or dolphins as i would never eat apes (for relationship reasons
)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is horrible. Are these dolphins stranded? And if so, why are they killing them and not helping them out to see.

And on a lighter note, Donkey Kong music FTW.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
except the gluttonous use of fossil fuels, the horrible carbon emissions, the clearances of rain forests for the sake of a cheap burger and the ridiculously low level of recycling......other than that, savin' the world dude.

what exactly do americans do, as a nation?

What the hell are you talking about?... It is South America, Asia and even European countries who partake mostly on the "clearances of rainforest", which btw have nothing to do with burgers, but shows how ignorant you are.

The U.S. was the first country to pass a law in early of middle 2008 banning the import into the U.S. of illegal wood from rainforests.

And about "carbon emissions"....please deny some ignorance. This is a CARBON based planet, and all lifeforms need CARBON...

It is a fact that the forest grow bigger and greener, as well as the oceans with more atmospheric CO2...

People who have greenhouses use the increase in atmospheric CO2 to produce more yields in their greenhouses. They can raise it from 500 ppm to about 1,500 ppm. The higher the atmospheric CO2 in a greenhouse the more green biomass, and more harvest the greenhouse produces...

People have to even put atmospheric CO2 in their greenhouses in the middle because many can't keep up with the increase in yields they get with the higher CO2 levels...

The Earth is the same way, and there is no proof whatsoever that CO2 produces the alarming warming claimed by the Global Warming crowd.

In fact, in case you haven't noticed, for the past 3 years we have been having the coldest, and longest winters for decades, and in some countries for 100 years...

This winter has been long, and the Spring was short. Not to mention being cooler in the northern regions...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As for what is shown in this thread. Yes, it is horrible. Dolphins are the smarter mammals. Their brain is larger than that of humans, but they are more humane than most humans which is why they are so trusting to the point of saving human lives.

Dolphins just don't apply their brains for mathematics, or science, but their brains are larger than the human brain.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
FFS - they hunt pilot whales , not dolphins .

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
FFS - they hunt pilot whales , not dolphins .

There were several dolphins in there too.
Keep watching the video and you will see.

Even then, the massacre of pilot whales, and dolphins is not right.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I just can't bear to watch that. I understand it may be a living for these people...but I also believe ethics are lacking....It's a good thing I'm not in Denmark.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That is gut wrenching, the sea was dark red with blood. And these creatures are docile, why don't they try taking on some bull sharks, #ing cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join