It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the European Union is so quiet about this ? Warning: GRAPHIC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is Sick,

However, the Dolphins are free, until this point, and it IS an very ancient custom, that has no profit as such with it, the whole animal is eaten.

Do you like chicken?

How about these ones farmed for your supermarket being beaten by metal rods?

Like Beef, ever seen a real branding being done on the beef you eat in the USA today?

Did you know you eat cancerous and Puss filled meat?

Its legal to happen in the USA?

How about skinned alive in the USA cows, with no aneasthetic?

All of this happens and more, come and meet your meat:

So a Big Mac is OK, but if you see photos of blood people get annoyed?

This one Thing gets me annoyed the hypocripsy,

OVER 99.99% OF MEAT PRODUCTION AND KILLING IS WAY MORE CRUEL THAN THOSE PHOTO'S YOU SHOW.

NO pain killers here, want to see real cruelty?

Ever seen an animal go insane due to how they are kept?

Watch below:

It's all wrong so anyone who complains about's a long tradition where all the animals are 100% free range, killed the same as factory food like the dolphins should take a long hard look in the mirror, their plate next time they eat, and their addictions and choices.

Yep stop the couple of hundred dolphins a year being killed, but also the hundred of MILLIONS housed, treated and kept inhumanely in the entire world then slaughtered insometmes less humane ways than the dolphins.

Elf

A 20yr Vegetarian.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Relax Georgie boy..this craps in syndication since the 70's at least! (the crying over dead whales aspect).

Want to make a difference? Go to Denmark and kick one of those guys in the nuts, state your business and hope for ecological change.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I have plenty of Danes comming over here for holidays.
They are otherwise fine people!

I fear your suggestion is not the solution......

This therad can be part of it though.

How big?

Depends on ATS members, management and moderators...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

Because any meat I kill to eat "never knows what hit it." I don't take a knife or hook and wallow around out in salt water with the animal, hacking at it until it dies from shock and drowning.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's a minor point but Faroe Islands are not part of the EU.
It's a Danish autonomous province with a singular status.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I can see it now, humanity going to Hell and never coming out from there.

This is not just how corporations abuse animals, before that happens, someone has to "prepare" humans to do such horrible things "to put food on the table".

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Good to know.

This means that we are ALL responsible.

NOT JUST the EU .....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This kinda of BS makes me sick, coming of age ritual? Give me a break!

I wish we could equip the whales with lasers on their heads, like to see those Danes when they try to spike a whale and get their face burned off by a laser.

Not trying to make light of the situation...just saying, those defenseless animals need someone to stand up for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Not surprising since we can't even treat people with the respect they deserve. It stems from a lack of care for fellow humans. I'm not too saddened by this though, humans have suffered far more.

Concerning meat for food, I'm far less concerned about how they're treated compared to what they put in the meat as far as chemicals. I'd much rather eat an abused organic chicken than a five star hotel chicken that is fed and injected with some crap a chemist cooked up in his lab, which happens to be in an underground lair....surrounded by genetically modified carnivorous rabbits.

What scares me though, is that people are more concerned about the suffering of cute, fuzzy animals, and humans that are suffering can go to hell. It seems like the attitude of some people, I find them possessing the brain on par or slightly below that of a cow.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Thats why i came around with this thread...

Please endorse it for a change to be made...

NO ATS point hunting.

Just a little effort to save the Planet and felow Earthlings.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
OMG.......are you *SNIP* serious? If there is one thing I cannot handle, it is the needless slaughter of precious creatures. How is this acceptable? I'd honestly rather see humans being slaughtered! And everyone wonders why man is poison to this planet. Case and point.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Because any meat I kill to eat "never knows what hit it." I don't take a knife or hook and wallow around out in salt water with the animal, hacking at it until it dies from shock and drowning.

Killing an animal is killing an animal. It doesnt matter if it's a bullet to the head or a knife to the throat.

Also i somehow doubt that you go out into the woods and kill your own dinner.
You most likely buy your dinner in supermarkets like the rest of us, and if you want to know how the supermaket delicious chikkinz end up there i suggest you take a look at MischeviousElf's post.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So i guess you wouldn't mind dying in pain distress and agony...

Right?

I just don't get it...

Are you so far removed from reality?

Is everything plastic to you?

Do you watch so much TV as to consider everything fake?

Is your user name an irony Mr GoodFella?

Do you know anything about animal rights at all?

[edit on 23/6/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

You are completely missing the point.
If you are shocked and appaled by animals getting their heads bashed in, chopped of, living in cages, bound by chains, being branded without any kind of pain relief, fed antibiotics for accelerated growth etc., and you have decided to stop supporting that by not buying and eating their meat, then good foor you, and i commend you for it.
But if you still go to supermarkets to buy that same meat for your dinner, you should stfu.

That's all i'm saying.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by GoodFella]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by GoodFella]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
IMO if you eat meat of any kind you have no right to protest agains this.
Why is it ok to slaughter cows, chickens, pigs etc., but not whales?

By eating meat you are supportive of animal slaughter (and i say this as a meat eater).

I completely agree with you.

Coming from a meat-eating LOVER.

The only humane way to kill is with the victims consent...you think that happens with all of the meat in the world? No.

I will take a hit to my emotional side to be able to eat meat...while that video was a bit disgusting - I have NO right to argue it. It is their culture, I eat meat, it is not my business.

Some of you need to see reality. Death is death, and humans cause it to many animals. It will forever be a part of life.

Who are we (Americans) to judge the values of the Danish.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
[not exactly related to the slaughtering of dolphins, but still]

I eat meat and I'm aware of how it's produced.

It may be sad but humans have done this for thousands years, just on a smaller scale in the past, and despite what vegans and vegetarians may say, meat is needed too for a balanced diet.
The only concern I have with industrial meat production is that it's very polluting in many ways. To reduce pollution, but also unnecessary suffering of the animals, we really should reduce meat consumption - not to zero, because that's unreasonable - but to a fair amount.

Now the problems are "only" defining what a "fair amount" is and finding a way to encourage a reduction (again, not elimination) of meat consumption without ruining the economy of millions of people.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
well if thier eating the meat,sounds like sooner or later there will be payback from the Merc. if thier not eating it,they should be made to.
thier only other choice? face a good ole style Led Zeppelin machine
gunning.

click on full screen and give it some vol for effect.
and click when door closes. sorry about the Q.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

OK... Will it be up to the greatness of being Greek to do that then?

NO

You fall in the trap set smartly for you....
Don't be a victim of the conspiracy set around you, wanting you to OBEY. You are supposed to be free. Free means i have to look beyond the boundaries distinguishing between our countries.

We feel the same, we have same emotional fluctuations etc.
So do dolphins for the best part along with plenty other Earthlings.

Its up to all of us to judge ourselves and head the best viable way, both moraly and with respect to nature.

If you have missed it i suggest watching HOME.

Any search should yield it as a top result right now.
Because search engines don eat meat although American mostly...

As for me i do eat meat.
Plenty of it too.

The only difference being that it comes from rural areas of my island, from properly taken care of animals, free to wander around in nature, and fully looked after. Their death is short with absence of agony, perception or even pain.

So there you have it. I am part of a sustainable cycle that respects nature and earthlings. Yes i am a meat eater and probably will keep being one.

That doesn't make me a monster. Its within natural reason.

The massacre depicted in this thread is beyond it.

Do i have your hand of help with my cause now?

[edit on 23/6/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I am soory. I do not understand what is wrong here?

They are killing the animals and consuming the meat.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Kind of hypocritical ...

This is nothing compared to what we do in the states.....

Besides, as long as they eat them, I could care less.

To me, it looks like a handsome bounty of food, that could feed those families for weeks! perhaps helpfull to their local economy...

just because there's blood, doesn't make it any different than the thousands of tons of meet wrapped in plastic in our stores....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join