It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic says something big is going down!!! Moon Bomb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Didn't they bomb the moon in the science fiction novel The Time Machine? That was the end of civilization when the main character traveled forward into the future a bit. Before he got killed, he got back into the machine and traveled forward another 6 million years or something.

Anyways... just saying. That was a popular book and was made into a movie so if this is a hoax he probably got it from that.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Given a fact that China, Japan and USA crashes probes onto the moon. Considering the current World economic problems do to the fiat dollar, a possible explanation is that Nasa is telling the truth. They are looking for water particles. For the reason of locating a base of operations to exctract the diamonds and minerals from the meteors that have struck the moon and are largely intact.
The first to the moon gets the best mining rights. No hit and miss. You must succeed in the first location for a base due to costs involved.
Wouldn't the instruments pick up traces of minerals as well?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is nothing new.

Spacecraft in orbit around another body are almost routinely crashed into the surface of the body -- that way they can control the location of where it will inevitably go down (a spacecraft will eventually run out of fuel and won't be able to be controlled later). Also, a lot of science can be learned by investigating the plume of debris kicked up by such a crash (e.g., to see what the moon is made of).

The U.S. did a similar thing in 2006 with the SMART-1 spacecraft. After its useful life ended, the spacecraft was deliberately crashed into the moon. The Japanese and Chinese both deliberately crashed their orbiters into the Moon recently, and India launched a probe from their Lunar Orbiter specifically designed to crash into the Moon.

It's not a big deal to the Moon (although it's important to science)

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by OhZone

I think a few people are making that very same point and I'm wondering about it myself. Why all the sudden interest in the moon. Yes there is definitely something going on that they don't want us to know about.

NASA has been planning the Constellation Program (Manned trips to the Moon, then later mars) for some time now. NASA is designing and building the spaceships and rockets that will take humans to the Moon within 10 years. The "sudden" interest in the moon is to find scientifically interesting landing sites and exploration sites for when we do get there.

People have complained that NASA should go back to the Moon, but then when they do plan Moon missions, people wonder why NASA is suddenly interested in it.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by OhZone

I think a few people are making that very same point and I'm wondering about it myself. Why all the sudden interest in the moon. Yes there is definitely something going on that they don't want us to know about.

Mining HE3 for the thermonuclear engine "They" think they got to work. One shuttle's worth will be enough HE3 fuel to power the entire US for a year. 4 shuttle trips can power the entire world for 1 year. There's 100,000 years of HE3 fuel the Sun has deposited on the surface of this and other moons without any atmosphere for billions of years.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is a race for the minerals and more directly the Helium 3 that is abundant on the surface of the moon. They talked about this some time ago. This is to be the new space race.....to get to the best mining locations on the moon.... as some others have already said. No big "Moon Bomb".

RACE TO THE MOON FOR NUCLEAR FUEL

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When I read this the first thing that flashed across my mind was the webbot project. They talked about shtf starting this summer and a global costal event happening sometime this year. Well if there was ever a logical reason as to why that would happen this would be it; messing up the moon. The moon runs all our waves and tides (as I'm sure you all already know) so who knows, maybe this will produce worldwide tidal waves. Or maybe nothing.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

post by kosmicjack

I guess I'm left wondering under what authority or right NASA has to do such a thing?

You are a moderator?

Seriously? You just asked a question which to me, is completely ignorant, one that if we all believed in the logic behind it, would have us all still in the stone age. I expect better from Mods.

What Authority? What Right?

Are you suggesting that NASA shouldn't be in space, shouldn't launch satellites? Shouldn't explore? Shouldn't learn about our universe and the bodies that inhabit it?

Or do you mean they should ask you for permission whenever you misunderstand a mission, mission objective or procedure?
I'll assume it's the latter and your lack of understanding about this mission is contributing to your improper rights challenge.

If they were going to cause a lunar shift,. send chuck of debris to earth or some other mission that would endanger human lives or livelihood I'd be with you, but just a cursory glance at the mission and the science behind it should ease any "fears" anyone could possibly have.

Before anyone goes all bat crazy on me, this "bomb" cannot "throw the moon out of orbit" or cause "catastrophe" or anything of the like. This is akin to people in the past saying going the speed of sound would be impossible (or then saying we'd all die).. or the LHC will create a black hole that swallows the earth.. it's all junk science practiced by self taught (no book) physicists..

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I don't know one person who thinks this is a good idea or a coherent plan.

I know plenty, and most of them don't hang around forums like ATS where the collective knowledge of actual real life stuff runs near nill. I also wouldn't expect you to know any as it seems like ATS is rife with reactionaries who don't bother to learn anything before sprouting the latest doomsday scenario. So you saying "I don't know one person who thinks this is a good idea" doesn't really say much at all, except that .. maybe it is a good idea.

I apologize if this sounds like an "attack" against you as it really isn't, but honestly, these Moon and NASA discussions are chock full of ignorance and as a mod, you should be helping, not hindering.

I will spare you all the mission parameters, procedures, physics and the REALITY of this and other missions because it is all available on the NASA website (which apparently none of you ever actually take the time to visit) but let's at least get some things straight here about NASA , moon missions and psychics:

NASA:
1. NASA isn't "bombing" the moon. (not in the hyperbolic manner in which it is portrayed)
2. The planned procedure is cheaper(financial) and easier (logistic) than landing a rover to check for water.
3. NASA's done this kind of thing before on comets.
4. Exploration is built into our DNA.

Moon Missions:
1. Just need to visit NASA:
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Moon missions aren't "new", there isn't some new rush to cover something up with explosions. Japan's mission is completely different and the "timing" is like anything else.. why do we have three "ant" or "insert" based kiddie movies or 2 "comet strikes the earth" movies come out at the same time?

Psychics:
1. No Psychic has ever predicted anything worth more than 5 circus tickets.
2. No Psychic does it for free, at some level they are getting paid for their services by someone.
(just check eBay)
3. Psychics are LIARS, every one of them.

I challenge one of them to tell me what object is next to my LCD monitor at work.
I challenge one of them to tell me what my favorite movie is.
I challenge one of them to tell me what famous celebrity will die next.
I challenge one of them to tell me where the next bombing will occur, how, and the casualties.
I challenge one of them to tell me what the exact weather will be like exactly next Sunday.

4. Psychics are LIARS, every one of them.

Did I mention:
5. Psychics are LIARS, every one of them.

The logic put forth on this board is utterly shocking. Some of you have cyclic reasoning skills based on flawed assumptions and a clear lack of scientific standards and procedures and just plain everyday physics.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Whilst I agree with some of things you've just written, I don't agree with the way you've written them. Fairly rude...dude

For a scientific individual, you haven't researched the 'evidence' of the thread before publishing your conclusions. Several members have made posts that support the science behind LCROSS and criticise or mock the stupidity of the OP's article link.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
You are a moderator?

What Authority? What Right?

Are you suggesting that NASA shouldn't be in space, shouldn't launch satellites? Shouldn't explore? Shouldn't learn about our universe and the bodies that inhabit it?

Or do you mean they should ask you for permission whenever you misunderstand a mission, mission objective or procedure?
I'll assume it's the latter and your lack of understanding about this mission is contributing to your improper rights challenge.

If they were going to cause a lunar shift,. send chuck of debris to earth or some other mission that would endanger human lives or livelihood I'd be with you, but just a cursory glance at the mission and the science behind it should ease any "fears" anyone could possibly have.

Before anyone goes all bat crazy on me, this "bomb" cannot "throw the moon out of orbit" or cause "catastrophe" or anything of the like. This is akin to people in the past saying going the speed of sound would be impossible (or then saying we'd all die).. or the LHC will create a black hole that swallows the earth.. it's all junk science practiced by self taught (no book) physicists..

Psychics:
1. No Psychic has ever predicted anything worth more than 5 circus tickets.
2. No Psychic does it for free, at some level they are getting paid for their services by someone.
(just check eBay)
3. Psychics are LIARS, every one of them.

I challenge one of them to tell me what object is next to my LCD monitor at work.
I challenge one of them to tell me what my favorite movie is.
I challenge one of them to tell me what famous celebrity will die next.
I challenge one of them to tell me where the next bombing will occur, how, and the casualties.

dont give us logical explaination, just fear mongering ones... this is ats after all. anything highly improbable will do, or super far-fetched and nonsensical. keep your smarts to yourself [/sarcasm]

qft btw.

quoted for truth..

[edit on 24-6-2009 by deadlysponge]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The other night I saw a TV movie named IMPACT about the Moon quite scary.

We must remember that the Moon may not be exactly what we think it is so................the Grey's aren't going to let anything disasterous happen after all they are here and within the Moon/Mars.

Get the SCOPES out,...... I'll be in Vegas on the 9th keeping the ecomomy going

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by xxpigxx
And what interest is it if there is water up there?

They hope someday to build a base on the Moon. If water is already there they won't have to transport it. Water is VERY heavy so it would save a fortune if they could simply process water that may reside in the craters of the moon.

I have a hard time believing this - how do you think the astronauts drink water on the space shuttles?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm one of the ones who thinks the moon is an artificial satellite. This belief makes me wonder how on earth any entities 'up there' would even allow something like this to be followed through on.

Should be highly interesting to see what transpires. Maybe NASA is trying to 'out' something or someone up there.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
that's not a prediction... nasa announced they would bomb the moon weeks ago. shocking as it may be this is old news.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

Well, I see you got a star, not sure why, but since no one has answered this question:

I have a hard time believing this - how do you think the astronauts drink water on the space shuttles?

A little Internet research would provide the details, and sometimes it's fun to learn on your own, but anyway, here's a short answer:

They take it with them!!

Shocking, huh? Yup. But, that's only part of the answer, though. What they bring up is used for drinking...potable water. It's heavy, but they bring enough because the missions last for less than two weeks, at most.

There is a by-product of the APUs (auxiliary power units) ...it's H2O formed after the reaction of two chemicals that make electricity. ALSO, they recycle urine, decontaminate it, and combine with APU water to be used for washing, etc.

SO, there you have it. Shuttle mission, not long. Permanent Moon base? Needs to be self-sustaining for a long, long time.

See?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm a "psychic" and I say "Nothing big is going to go down on the moon!!"

This is all paranoia.

Its a probe made to create a dust cloud to be studied for traces of water, nothing more.

I have read all the threads on this mission, checked the links, and am quite satisfied that its a science experiment with no dark secrets or cover-ups.

But maybe I am a blind sheeple....

Doubt it though

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Oh paleeez... You're going to have to do a lot better than that if you want us to believe that stuff you just posted.

Deny ignorance

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

I don't have to prove anything. I'm not out to prove myself either. I've posted enough on this site to where people can go back and review anything I have said.

Being psychic does not mean one knows everything. It just means that you are more in touch with yourself than the average joe.

Everyone is psychic to some extent.

But, don't believe me, I don't care either way.

I just know when something is BS.

The moon is not going to crack open, we are not bombing some alien thingy on the moon and this is just a simple science experiment.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I'm just giving you a hard time. I've been playing the debunkers, debunker on this thread, and throwing around grade school lingo is the best I can do lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

Not a problem LOL

Sceptics are a very importaint part of ATS, debunking is vital.

Thats why I love this site as much as I do, the BS gets sniffed out.
I am not a very good debunker, I just have a heavy interest in the paranormal,space, and current events.

In the words of Art Bell "It's ok to have an open mind, just not so open as to have your brains fall out"

I keep an open mind, but have to call it as I see it when I get a whiff of something foul.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

not even remotely interested in what some charlatan has to say.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join