It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can matter actually exist? Nope!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

While you have made some good points the rest are bordering on gibberish.

so does that mean you are a hypercritical person?

You see I do not understand how someone who makes bordering on gibberish can make good points?

please enlighten me oh mighty one...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Physical is unimportant it is simply an imprisonment of the you the being that exists.

Reason? Because the Universal Conciousness asks, and the reflection of the answer is the question back to the Universal Conciousness, the question reflecting back being you.

What created the Universal Conciousness, the physical plane of reality, and how come it created the Universal Conciousness to Ask "Why", that is the part you must understand to escape the binding of your existence to physical existence.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hypocrisy is the act of pretending that one has beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities or standards that they do not actually have; this is usually done in order to mask their actual motives or feelings; falseness.

The term hypocrite is widely misused. Many persons state that hypocrisy is the action of 'not practising what you preach'. It is easy to see the resemblance, and completely understandable why there has been widespread confusion. However, this, like many others, is an incorrect definition.

Please read the following Hypocrisy and you will see I'm not being hypocritical

Not as smart as you think pal...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

yes i was born on earth.. untill he died and i took his place

Oh Symmetric,

Please enough already.....Here there and everywhere lol on ATS, and not you, you are omnipresent WE ALL are, but your EGO strength is not the part of you that is....it is the wall the divider my friend...stop feeding it

KK a bit of history on me....

Nov 28th 2004 Intensive care and emergency surgery, x3 times clinically dead, rushed to theater for x2 life saving operations, coma for over a week later, last rites, when brought back last time all freinds and family told...

20% chance of making it, "will never walk talk or be normal agin if he pulls through" " say your goodbies" " he carried a donar card".....

Walked out of Hospital unaided for christmass eve at home, returned just once in spring 05 to have a cosmetic procedure to cover all the drilling, sawing, hacking and such like they had to do and replace a lot of bone, with lots and lots of metal, purely for safety reasons.

Yep I was born on the earth.... Yep I had NDE etc and it changed my life, but I am HUMBLED by it, luckily I didnt get Traumatic Stress events... a strong spiritual and meditation practise before and afterwards and full recovery helped me there.

I sense you may have some issues still to do with that day/time of your life you have not come to terms with and are abusing the gift of life given to you not cherishing it in yourself and OTHERS to.

I received knowledge to, certain experiences, perspectives but but I dont know all the answers and just want to be kind more than I was before... maybe look at this Thread?

Here

Back on this topic then,

Where has then "He" gone to that the "NEW" you has taken over?

As you strongly state nothing can be destroyed as such... so wher is he now? and wher did you come from?

You tie yourself up in fanciful logical paradox's that have an endless rabbit hole flavor to disguise the fact that you have no real answers anyhow.

Out of love I have said that to smite your ego and not you as such.

Elf.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish

So, lastly is what George Berkley called his Master Argument. This idea is attempted to show no object can ever exist outside of the mind, and to even think so is inconceivable. Try and think of an object unconceived. Did you do it yet? Nope! Because soon as you try you have conceived of it!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

I've spent many, many years thinking on this subject, and studying people have thought as we [Xtinguish and I] do. Here's the situation that answers this for me.

Say I don't know a certain thing: some information or idea.

I ask a friend the answer, but he/she doesn't know.

A few days later, someone whom I've never met comes to me with the answer to my question, stating my friend had said I was wondering.

Because the answer is two steps removed from my own mind, it posits that it was not my own mind that made it up. I can verify that my friend knows this person, I can verify I never knew the answer, and I can now verify I know the answer by means of a two-step-removed party.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

First off I want your signature.

Second, it would seem symmetricavenger simply speaks the truth of the picture as a whole, who cares what happened or who he is, he speaks(even though in an unorganized matter) of truth to an extent.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

You're welcome to my signature

There are a lot of levels of truth. I will never take one single person's ideals as the whole truth specially because truth to one may not be truth to another.

I haven't said anything positive or negative toward symmetricavenger. Much of what I read of his (?) seems accurate (although dramatic and egotistical for someone who claims as he does). I've known two "walk ins" in my life (besides symm) and I feel for them - hard life to live.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Not as smart as you think pal...

LOL

says it all really....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

thanks for the story... i only went to bed

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Can matter actually exist? Nope!

is the topic

I find it so interesting and the total lack of understanding...

first of all MATTER is what is a PHYSICAL OBJECT... if you are telling me matter is not real just because you lackunderstanding then get a grip..

second of all, do not come at me with this universal mind bull crap...

its like you have any clue what is going on

so sure of you own self are you? look at your planet? do you think you have any idea what so ever what is going on?

silly.. and very arrogant.

matter is a description of a physical part of life you know your BODY?

this topic reminds me of Jupiter exploded be hind the sun? DID IT? no it didnt

get a clue...

and for you my friend I do not need to be smart "PAL" for smartness is a requirement of ignorance

enjoy being smart wont help PAL were your going

like that posh car you drive PAL

[edit on 26-6-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

While you have made some good points the rest are bordering on gibberish.

so does that mean you are a hypercritical person?

You see I do not understand how someone who makes bordering on gibberish can make good points?

please enlighten me oh mighty one...

Read IT...

How can i make good points but yet talk bullx at the same time?

i would be happy if you just asked what it is you do not understand other than insult me

or do you not understand what you are saying? gibberish?

In english .. and i am

Than means you are talking CRAP?

get it?

i hope so...

but the fact remains YOU are a mixture of MATTER and Energy as i stated in my very first post on this thread

Why use a word that you learned?

oh boy.... that is like the sky is not blue.. well we know its not blue do we not?

why? PERCEPTION

Matter is the same..but sadley IT MAKES YOU WORK...

sometimes i think i am dealing with .. like it matters..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

Originally posted by Xtinguish

So, lastly is what George Berkley called his Master Argument. This idea is attempted to show no object can ever exist outside of the mind, and to even think so is inconceivable. Try and think of an object unconceived. Did you do it yet? Nope! Because soon as you try you have conceived of it!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

I've spent many, many years thinking on this subject, and studying people have thought as we [Xtinguish and I] do. Here's the situation that answers this for me.

Say I don't know a certain thing: some information or idea.

I ask a friend the answer, but he/she doesn't know.

A few days later, someone whom I've never met comes to me with the answer to my question, stating my friend had said I was wondering.

Because the answer is two steps removed from my own mind, it posits that it was not my own mind that made it up. I can verify that my friend knows this person, I can verify I never knew the answer, and I can now verify I know the answer by means of a two-step-removed party.

Ok, BUT...

How did the person who told you the answer find it? Then how did the person who told that person find it? Do this until you get to the original person who discovered this particular answer; how did this person get this particular answer? Where did the idea come from?

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i]reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Read IT...

I think you should read IT, here:

While you have made some good points the rest are bordering on gibberish

You don't have to be entirely correct or entirely incorrect you know? Have you never heard the term "partially correct?"

and for you my friend I do not need to be smart "PAL" for smartness is a requirement of ignorance

You just called me friend but didn't like me calling you pal? You do know they both mean the same don't you?

i would be happy if you just asked what it is you do not understand other than insult me

Well isn't that what you have been doing?

silly.. and very arrogant.

I couldn't agree more, you have been silly and VERY arrogant.

[edit on 26/6/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

forget your games

what is matter?

please tell me?..

simple question... now provide the answer or will you use my words to make you smarter than you think you are.

Oh wait sorry i mean, no such thing as matter right? even tho the very world is the reason for you to debate this in the first place

misconceptions and stupidity are one of the same thing

Lets test your theory shall we?

leave your body

see how that works out for you

can you? NO you cant why?

MATTER...

now please stop with the "can matter actually exist stuff...."

the word in of it self proves it

like aliens and god

WORDS learn them

i know you are very adapt at being forth coming but you know sometimes...

people are smarter than YOU

is that what grates you? im sure it does judging by your posts

have a nice day

or night

or universe or whatever trip you are on

oh and by the way the world is flat... just look down at your feet

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hmm the concept itself reminds me heavily of gnostic texts, where yaldabaoth creates a small universe being inside a larger one, still not having total knowledge about the higher part. His universe would be ours as in our material and material perceived world while in facts is only a mere reflection on a verge of a larger multiverse.

I have poundered on the concept for quite some time now. Somehow I find the very idea "right". And since we perceive only 5% of electromagentic spectrum...

What I wonder nonetheless, what would the world look like if anyone knew/posessed the knoledge that they are in control of their lives/world/universe, that thought creates events/matter itself (which I think is what really takes place).

Would the world look like a best place or most likely be like hell?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by krzyspmac

your looking at it

Nice to meet you

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

The truth is to find it within yourself, YOU ARE THE TRUTH.

Look into, not outwards, that's the test that "It" has created, The physical manifestation is a playground full of traps.

Don't play in the playground keep to yourself. "The truth with set you free".

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"It isn't like matter simply vibrates in and out of reality when someone comes along to perceive it. That is just plain absurd! "

Actually, no. It makes perfect sense. Imagine you are dreaming that you are having dinner with a friend at their home. The conversation, turning to astronomy, you step outside to view the stars.
In a dream, when you step outside does the dining room you just left still exist?
In a dream, did the stars exist before you stepped outside to view them?
When you look at the sun in a dream, do you really believe you are orbiting it? Do you actually think there is any type of movement through space occurring?
In a dream, would the number of stars, galaxies, etc you viewed determine the statistical probability of life on another planet orbiting one of those points of light?
In a dream would the results obtained performing an experiment based on the known laws of physics produce a result dependent on those laws or would the result be dependent on nothing other than what your mind decided to create at that moment?
One would assume that this chain of thought leads to a dead end as it would become impossible to determine anything. If the results of an experiment are not based on scientific principles but rather on the whims of the mind, what would be the point of attempting any type of research?
But to keep things interesting, extend the hypothetical to include the fact that while you are dreaming you are part of a 'collective dream' produced by a 'collective consciousness'. Now testable theories and questions can be put forth.
What result would a particular experiment produce if the researchers were divided evenly between beliefs in two different probable results? Wasn't there a particular experiment in the field of particle physics which produced different results dependent on whether it was performed by American or English researchers?
If reality is no more than minds interacting in a collective illusion then how would altering minds/belief systems effect that illusion/perceived reality?
Does this explain why, when vast numbers of believers gather, phenomena contrary to known physical laws occur to be labeled as 'miracles'?
If a dozen people were placed in a deep hypnotic state and left in a room they believed contained a great deal of food, would they lose weight, gain weight, or simply maintain their weight if no actual food was provided?
Does anything other than consciousness need to exist to produce the world as we know it? Can reality be altered by manipulating the belief systems of large groups of people? Is science, by it's constant denial of the possibility of magic, limiting our societies potential?
Are the laws of physics no more than the default settings in an illusion operating according to the measure of belief contained within the collective for certain rules/ideas?
If nothing more than consciousness is required to produce reality as we now experience it why does science suddenly think Occam's Razor may not be such a bright idea after all?
Are we in the Matrix and should our proper business be learning to access and rewrite the source code?
Do all the conspiracies, Illuminati, NWO, neocons, involving groups attempting to seize financial or political power or whatever, discussed on this site, pale when compared to a plot by others to take control of movies, television, news services etc, to manipulate the belief systems of large groups of people not to take control of the world, but to seize control of reality itself? Now that would be the mother of all conspiracies. No?
I yam so confused

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

To be honest I can't really be bothered engaging in your silly games, if you want to think your above the "rest of us" and believe you've come back to "inform" us then I shall let you believe that without argument.

I'll give you a tip though, your self inflated ego won't get you very far in life and the insane ramblings you post will most definately not.

If you would speak intelligently and actually listen to other peoples opinions then maybe I would have a chance, but you seem hell bent on believing your own deluded perspective answers.

Oh and believe me, if you was as intelligent as you portray/proclaim to be then I'm pretty sure your answers/replies would be structured as such.

You can have one more chance, if you can present your opinion/knowledge reasonably then I'll debate, if not then I'll cya later!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join