It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDE similarities-Beyond the tunnel and light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So for a while now I have been studying NDE and am finding the similarities go WAY past a tunnel and a light.

I have found some great videos of people talking about their experiences and would love for others to add videos here so we can all have a broad band to study.

My mother had a NDE last yr and we made videos and posted them at ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Similarities that I found that gave me chills were some of the below.

This one the woman says she doesnt know how she ever forgot certain things, that there are no sins and that there were some things she was told she would not remember.

Something this next woman talks of is 'having a choice to come back' which also is familiar to what I have heard others say.

The man that did the previous interviews has had a NDE himself which provoked him to study NDE's. He states how he reviewed his life and felt the feelings that he caused others to feel during his own life, such as hurt to others. I think he is doing a great thing by interviewing and bringing forward others stories.

The next video the man describes how a figure what he took to of been Jesus said to him..."we have been waiting for you"...which is also something my mother experienced. The oneness that the woman talks about seems to be the same feeling many people have as well.

This next one shows how this man felt that he was the one judging his own experiences...and my mothers said the same things to me...she judge herself with a divine eye. He also says it was like it took some time to dissolve the 'human' attachment while merging with this 'spirit' like state.

This next lady says she was loved and accepted for who and what she was!

There are MANY experiences out there...I hope more join this thread and bring what they find as reasons to believe that there are similarities in NDE that bring a new thought about spirituality and love.

Peace to all
LV

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
NDE experiences are something I've thought about off and on for quite some time now.
I don't know what to think. You see, I've died (kinda) for roughly 2 1/2 minutes on the operating table and nothing happened.

Which tells me that it was either the drugs in my system or that I haven't done anything noteworthy.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Thanks for sharing....it is ironic that no experience can prove anything as absolute. But I still remain open minded and hopeful. The study of the human mind is interesting in itself. Some people have scary experiences also and I dont know what to make of those.

I think it is also possible that people DO experience something but just loose all memory of it. My mother commented several times 'how did I ever forget this knowledge' and she also said the beings told her there was much she would see but not remember.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks so much for giving us this to ponder over. And thank your Mom, also. What a lovely woman.

Have you noticed a change in her since this happened? Has her experience changed you?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

My ideas were already somewhat changing before her experience. Things like the possibility of reincarnation and not a need for being 'saved' but yet awakened to our true self. She was very strict lined Christian and she is now more open minded but not as much as I am. She has some issues now with the OT that she followed for so long. Her ideas of a 'hell' place has changed and of reincarnation also (for the most part that its at least possible for some).

But in short, yes it defiantly changed both of our perspectives about alot of things. I now see importance within all beliefs and cultures.

More then anything I think it opened our minds!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I thought this one was cool. It takes quotes from what NDE have said and puts them in a slide show.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here is a link that lists several NDE's that are from other lands. The similarities are amazing in that their cultures or belief dont play a huge part in their experience like some think they will.

www.nderf.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Love is the answer-which brings forgiveness

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have experienced a very profound NDE in nov 2004.

I dont talk much about it, however to say it changed my life considerably is an understatement in the extreme.

Experiencing like many others my own self or conscience judging as such, my own actions and also seeing all my thoughts words and actions as interelated into everything, every thought etc as from the third person point of veiw or the person thinking about ad infinitum, as in how it changed their mood and behaviour to others in ripples on a pond, fractals dont touch it lol...

However... besides this which I know to be true, from experiences afterwards I have to add something to....

Many of the NDE crowd myself included have to be carefull to not think we have the complete picture and are really aware of everything...

The interelated nature, and connected nature of the universe that is if I hurt you, I hurt myslef to, and that the only reality is NOW and UNCONDITIONAL Love... anything besides this which seems very varied like we are forgiven, nothing matters etc is very very dangerous, it seems to be at that moment initially.

However also balance must be restored, and we are forgiven as it is not something "External" to us that judges, that is the trick of the ego that caused us upset or do bad things originally "Us" "Them" "I" am more important than "You/Them".

One thing became very clear to me as mentioned above we are all one, all part of the same... so of course the whole as such or "God" etc forgives us does not judge, the universe does not self harm or have guilt... but the driving factor for our individual ego, or "I" that cause us to do those things, and say them initially... does not operate on that wavelength... the individual subconscious of this or you or I part of all...

So do WE forgive OURSELVES?

Are we enlightened enough to move onto the next level without paying dues for those things we have said and done that hurt others soo much?

And in my research to see what whas unique about my experience and cross cultural and historical etc... well jesus, buddha, Krishna, The wombles lol whatever that part of it seems to be a projection of our minds.... just like a seperate "I" and a seperate "saviour"

So as to if we forgive oursleves, and everything is hunky dory in earth time 1 yr for that aspect of the universe after death, as apposed to 30 mins then back incarnate.... well Maybe ask a starving kid in Africa or a disabled person, and ponder reincarnation?

Love to all.

Elf

[edit on 15-6-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thanks for adding and sharing Elf. I have read many of your posts but I think this is the first chat I have been able to share with ya...so Hello ( I have enjoyed many of your posts!)

I think you are right. Forgiveness is so powerful but so hard for many still. I went through a time where I was going through cultures, individuals, nations as a whole...and forgiving. Forgive because-somewhere, someway-there are not knowing what they do and they are a 'you'. Be the bigger person and love back when someone wants to urge you to join the conflict. The hard part is wondering if this needs to be done on a global scale to get anywhere with true progress. I know many new age teaches not to worry too much about balance....good and bad both serve a purpose. Even though I understand the yin and yang serves a purpose, I find it odd advice from some of the new age thoughts that either which way one chooses, positive path or negative path-is OK. I think it does matter how we choose to live because the effect of our actions affects our other selves, possibly setting them back in ways we cant see now.

And I agree....no experience should ever make one feel they have all the answers. My mother and I tried to be very careful sharing her experience because we never ever want to give the impression we see her vision as 'truth' or 'absolute'. But to see the similarities with others NDE gives a chill and a comfort in a small way saying....there are keys and there are many doors....dont be afraid to be open and explore as long as love is your base in how you live. I think love being the base of the core protects the spirit self from the ego self who so likes to intervene and can mislead. I dont see the ego as a separate entity like a devil....but it is our very own personal adversary....a temptation of the flesh...and I think life is about controlling that and learning from that.

I think a great thing is happening along side all of the doom and gloom in the world....which is a awakening on a wide scale of people starting to trust their intuitions more and hearing that inner self. I wish I could hop to the future a few hundred years and see how this spiritual evolving leads the people.

I ramble and often repeat myself-but I just love sharing thoughts! I claim no rights or wrongs....just thoughts! I am beginning to think just thoughts is the best thing one can get instead of chasing 'absolutes'.

My best
LV

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I thought this vid was very interesting...

My best to all
LV

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Another...beyond the tunnel....

And another...

edit on 25-10-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

We are eternal entities - all unified, a single unfathomable being - boundless, and indefinite. The true essence of our existence is Love. There is no outside source, you are the source; you are the Creator in all aspects. You have existed before your incarnation and will exist after indefinitely.

Remembering takes the realization that you have forgotten something; the problem is most do not believe they have forgotten anything at all.
edit on 25-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Why do you suppose that people have negative experience in some near death experiences. I did notice one thing this afternoon while watching some of the negative experiences that was different then the positive experiences.....it was that in the more negative experiences...they did experience an outside source (or seemingly) judging them.

Do you believe in singularity...as in infinity ONE...a One Spirit that is within all life/souls/being?

It seems to me...we are but a phase...of something bigger. That all life is a phase/expression of a ONE. Your welcome to give me further thoughts to think about for it is something Im pondering deeply as of late.

Thank you for sharing always
LV

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

From my perspective, which is very deep into these concepts, we are all the Creator experiencing itself in a state of timelessness, or an eternal present. The Creator is Infinity, for Infinity to experience itself it must do so in finite continuums or many-ness. Due to the infinite probabilities this experience is indefinite.

The deeper truth is that the essence of the Creator is Love, it is the pure motion of all that exists.

Infinity cannot be anything other than because it is all, boundlessness does not counter part with another boundlessness this cancels out the concept.

Life incarnations are chosen by each of us down to the parents that we have, there is a grand plan that is not seen while in these incarnations because to see this grand plan would take away the realness of the experience. The forgetting is the effect of incarnating, this forgetting is permeable it can be pierced by those who:

1. Wake-up and realize they have forgotten something.

2. Look within themselves for the answers that have been there the whole time.

This forgetting is necessary for were there no potential for misunderstanding there would be no experience.

There is not an entity controlling you between lives and appointing you to certain experiences, you are appointing yourself.

As for the bad experiences, there could be a multitude of reasonings - but each path always leads back to the light into unity. The outside source judging them may possibly be themselves. Healing may take place in a state of confusion, in the inner-planes. The usual suspect of confusion is sudden death and fear.

It should be noted that once a person wakes up, the seeker cannot go back to sleep.

And In my opinion, the only thing that matters in life is those moments that revolve around Love. No judgement, no wrong doings, but simply those moments of sincere Love... Those moments of kindness; like holding the door l open for an elderly, not to look like you're a good person but out of the goodness of your heart.
edit on 25-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've been following this NDE stuff for some time now - my father went Code Blue (died) twice during a stay at the hospital a few years back. He told a story similar to many I've heard before, and he seemed quite sincere on what he experienced. Saw a dead relative before a tunnel of light, relative spoke to him and told him it wasn't time, he woke up.

Judging from the fact that my father has been a complete bastard his entire life, it really makes me wonder if NDEs are in fact real experiences, and if they are real how someone like my father can come back with such a great experience. If it is real, apparently sinning doesn't factor in that greatly on how you go down.

Huzzah.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
for my own ease of mind.... 2 NDEs, #1 in labor day holiday 1972, #2 on 6 May 1997

i 'know' that NDEs in this visible universe portion of the multi-verse
actually has another 'you' actually 'die' in another mult-iverse life.

the other "you's" give up their life energy/soul to meld with the remaining multi-verse
personifications of 'you'...and thats the tunnel we become aware of in our NDE

the tunnel ... it's more of a dimensional wormhole than any other description

its cut & dry M-theory/ Quantum sub-atomic physics...no hocus-pocus mystery religion involved

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Or the plot to "The One".

Seriously though, great movie. Jet Li rocks the house.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
NDE experiences are something I've thought about off and on for quite some time now.
I don't know what to think. You see, I've died (kinda) for roughly 2 1/2 minutes on the operating table and nothing happened.

Which tells me that it was either the drugs in my system or that I haven't done anything noteworthy.

That's very interesting because I'd really like to hear some more stories like yours, NDE where nothing happens, where you just lose consciousness and that's it.

It seems to me like the NDE stories are really biased, and it seems like most people assume that NDE means that you had "divine" experiences. The statistics show that there's FAR more cases of NDE where the individual didn't experience anything fancy yet there aren't that many people describing those experiences. I'd really like to see the whole picture and not just the infinite love, the tunnel, the deceased relatives magically appearing before you side.

So if any of you know a site with stories of NDEs where people describe dying without any divine stuff involved please tell me.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

How do you know you didn't have an NDE and you just simply do not remember because it was decided (by you) that you don't for a better cause?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join