It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator: (SC Governor)Sanford drops SLED detail and is MIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is a strange article too..

Posted: 10:29 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby
The car is believed to be the one Sanford used to leave town.

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) – The black Chevy Suburban believed to have been used by South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford to leave town has been found in the parking lot of Columbia Metropolitan Airport.

CNN was alerted to its location by a law enforcement official.

Sanford is expected to return to Columbia tomorrow after a mysterious six-day absence. His office has said the governor, a possible 2012 presidential candidate, has been hiking the Appalachian Trail to clear his head after a tough legislative session.

The SUV is outfitted with blue police lights and two-way radio. Inside the vehicle: A baseball cap, running shoes, sunscreen, a pair of shorts, a canvas bag and a sleeping bag.

A parking permit for the school attended by Sanford’s children is visible on the windshield.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Strange that he would go hiking and yet leave camping stuff in the car.
His car was also found at the Airport.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
He probably caught a plane from Argentina to Paraguay to check out the Bush family ranch down there.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i saw one of those hbo specials on urban sex and they had one in buenos aires and that place a hotbed of gay and transexual hookers. This trip is extremely suspicious for someone in a high position of power but maybe he just needed to get away and blow off some steam.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a link to the thread involving a 09/11 videographer that is currently making waves in Brazil with his claims! Don't know if they are connected, but it seems strange that the governor would drop all his detail, give misdirection as to his real location, and then wind up in Brazil near this guy?!?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

in Argentina talking to Kurt Sonnenfeld?

9/11 FEMA videographer at Ground Zero goes public

[edit on 24-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

why dont you get your story straight before you post ? your fired!

it's Argentina!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't understand why this is a big deal. Well I do, but in a conventional sense. Sanford is detested by Republicans for the most part because he isn't a lackey for special interests or the PTB. He constantly takes his stand and votes no on things he knows to be either wrong or stupid. I live in NC and I'm jealous that SC has such an awesome governor. Someone who typifies the true American spirit of resistance.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Interesting twist to the story:

COLUMBIA, S.C. - During a Wednesday news conference at his office in Columbia, Gov. Mark Sanford admitted to having an extra-marital affair — information that surfaced after his recent, secret trip to Argentina.

He said the relationship began with friendship, but "about a year ago, it sparked into something more than that."

Sanford also announced that he was resigning as chairman of the Republican Governors' Association.

Gov. Sanford admits to extra-marital affair

Edited after fully reading the article. This has absolutely disgusted me. The quote I entered above is the ONLY mention of the extra-marital affair. The rest of the article is about his supposed trup to Argentina. MSM Shock journalism. Sickening.

[edit on 6-24-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is there not one freakin' politician anywhere is this country that can keep his pants on??

I wish someone would figure out just how much it has cost the taxpayers for all of the affairs that have gone on in this country in the last twenty years.

It's sad and pathetic.

PS - But as a side note, I do find it suspicious that the Republicans have been dropping like flies lately -- and all very prominent, possible run for presidency Republicans. I bet we'll find there's a mole in the Democratic party, most likely on Obama's team, rooting everyone out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join