It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting during the Istanbul New Age And UFO Conference - 06/14/2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

I'm not "screaming" balloon.....

I'm "discussing" balloon.

Is that alright with you?

Or would you prefer I just say "yup, dang gosh it's a alien..."

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Why couldn't the wind be stronger or weaker at different heights in this instance?

That is not at all unusual.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

About their sizes -- you know what? These sightings are happening in Turkey. Iraq borders Turkey to the southeast. Iraq is the country where ancient Sumeria was located in. And what borders Turkey to the southwest & northeast? The Mediterranean and Black Seas; the seas where Atlantis has long been speculated to have sunk in. Both ancient Sumeria and Atlantis are cities that have been consistently linked to extraterrestrials (Reptilians/Annunaki). I'm not saying that these are definitely the infamous "Annunaki" we're seeing, but it would sure make sense if they were considering they were supposedly GIANTS.

Sancta simplicitas!
Look at who is calling me an idiot. At least you managed to do some copy and paste job all by yourself without being helped. Bravo!!!

You seem to know the occupants by name don’t you? May I ask you why someone like you with no signs of civilisation is looking for extraterrestrial ones?

I would have liked to explain you the video digitising stuff and how it could be uploaded but it's much too tedious wasting my time with someone who obviously isn't able to comprehend.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoenthusiast

Originally posted by necati

Originally posted by free_spirit

And yet some people scream balloon. It's funny.

And also the “smart” ones argue all of them witnesses must be dumb fools. Well dear
smart ones, those witnesses WERE THERE and you were not, that makes the difference.
Strange the pelicanists didn't come forward saying it was a bird. Yes it's funny.

Hmmm, no, the funny thing is that someone screams UFO!!! and others join in.
That's a very common phenomenon. That's why masses are dangerous. This is a crowd which is predetermined to see certain things in a certain way after having left a UFO conference, I think.

As far as the smart ones are concerned, it unfortunately is a fact that they are a minority, else we would live in a paradise on earth.

I think the UFO seen in the first clip of the video you posted above -- the small, bright, whitish object moving on a fixed path through the clouds -- could be the same UFO that was seen in the footage captured by Yalcin Yalman last year over the ocean, seen here from 0:26 to 1:08.

Just curious, but how did you make this jump here at the end...what led you to believe that this is the same craft filmed with the occupants?

For the record, I share your enthusiasm to believe...and that makes me skeptical for what I feel are the right reasons...but craft filmed by this guy with the occupants has been dissected ad nauseum in another thread, and in spite of this report...nothing conclusive can be drawn from it. It would be wonderful if it were real, and I'd like nothing more than to claim it as such, but...still we wait.

My own personal criteria for strong (not irrefutable) proof would include mult witnesses in mult. locations of same craft or type of craft. Ive been slammed on this one, but it is the criteria I focused on, not necessarily the UFO itself - check this out if you haven't, I think youll see where I'm coming from:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

And yet some people scream balloon. It's funny.

And also the “smart” ones argue all of them witnesses must be dumb fools. Well dear
smart ones, those witnesses WERE THERE and you were not, that makes the difference.
Strange the pelicanists didn't come forward saying it was a bird. Yes it's funny.

Hmmm, no, the funny thing is that someone screams UFO!!! and others join in.
That's a very common phenomenon. That's why masses are dangerous. This is a crowd which is predetermined to see certain things in a certain way after having left a UFO conference, I think.

As far as the smart ones are concerned, it unfortunately is a fact that they are a minority, else we would live in a paradise on earth.

Someone screams UFO and others join in? Well necati you just proved you don't know
anything about multiple witness UFO sightings wich have been around for years but
of course you don't know what this is all about therefore statement disqualified.

That's what masses are dangerous? Really? This sounds more like a paranoia wich
indicates again you don't know anything about multiple witness sightings. Dangerous
in wich way? Is it a threat to your life? Then I realize you stay away from masses all
the time fearing for your safety right? Maybe you live isolated in a cave or something.
Seriously if masses are dangerous for you then it's clear you have a very funny
criteria. Statement discarded due to a lack of judgement.

This is a crowd which is predetermined to see certain things? I didn't know you were a
long distance psychologist necati profiling every individual present at that place even
that you were not there. I suggest you open your eyes and watch again the footage
several times, there was an actual object in the sky moving fast, it was not an illusion
or as you surprisingly suggest a mass hysteria but of course you are the smart one and
all of them are the dumb fools.

A word of advice: Be careful with reckless statements, try to learn something about
multiple witness UFO sightings there are scores of cases and reports on the Internet
and also take care of that paranoia regarding the masses, it's not good for your
judgement.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by free_spirit]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Some reckless quotes:

Theories of crowd psychology
Classical theories

The main idea of Sigmund Freud's crowd behaviour theory is that people who are in a crowd act differently towards people from those who are thinking individually. The minds of the group would merge to form a way of thinking. Each member's enthusiasm would be increased as a result, and one becomes less aware of the true nature of one's actions.
Herd behaviour in human societies.

Psychological and economic research has identified herd behaviour in humans to explain the phenomena of large numbers of people acting in the same way at the same time.

The British surgeon Wilfred Trotter popularized the "herd behaviour" phrase in his book, Instincts of the Herd in Peace and War (1914). In The Theory of the Leisure Class, Thorstein Veblen explained economic behaviour in terms of social influences such as "emulation," where some members of a group mimic other members of higher status.

Bandwagon effect, also known as "cromo effect" and closely related to opportunism, is the observation that people often do and believe things because many other people do and believe the same things. The effect is often called herd instinct. People tend to follow the crowd without examining the merits of a particular thing. The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.

For further reading: WIKIPEDIA

You might as well like to take a look at the chapters dealing with masses.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Sancta simplicitas!
Look at who is calling me an idiot. At least you managed to do some copy and paste job all by yourself without being helped. Bravo!!!

Bravo to you too -- you just discovered my alias screenname! Your memory serves you well, necati; too bad you couldn't remember how to spell digitizing properly. I mean, you might be a colossal idiot on the surface, but at least your memory hasn't been affected from all the times your mother dropped you on your head as a baby.

As for the post; I reserve the right to use existing content that I've written in the past, no matter which screenname I wrote it with. It came from my head, and that's all that really matters. I don't see a problem with it, and you shouldn't either.

The clear, specific details of a face are quite visible in the first image of the occupant, and I've proved this with a poll I conducted a few days ago -- 9 out of 10 people recognized the details immediately. You deny acknowledging that there's a face because of three possible reasons: 1) you're too afraid to do so, 2) you're not paying enough attention to to the image, or 3) you're adhering to the imposed rules about digitizing & pixelation that have you convinced it can't be true, and that your eyes are playing tricks on you, even though I've already explained that the reason it's visible is because the image I used to make the enhancements had already been zoomed in and enhaced from the actual source footage at the Sirius UFO Research Center with state of the art equiptment & software. This is the image in the top right-hand corner of one of the pictures I posted on the first page. You however, insist on using footage that has been uploaded to the internet (Youtube) in order to make enhancements and analyze -- footage that ISN'T the original source footage and has had it's resolution and quality reduced -- and then claiming that it's impossible to see any details because it's too blurry. Well, no sh*t, sherlock!

I urge you to print out the picture and conduct a similar poll as I did with people living in your area -- go around and ask them if they could see the face. Trust me, your idiotness is going to become apparent to you once you do this. The face exists and is visible, plain & simple. The real question is whether this face was digitally edited in by Haktan Akdogan. If it was, then Haktan Akdogan is a fraud and this whole incident is a hoax.

In the meantime, you should change your name from necati to necrotic. It's a lot more fitting and will serve to remind me that your brain is dead.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ufoenthusiast]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele

Just curious, but how did you make this jump here at the end...what led you to believe that this is the same craft filmed with the occupants?

For the record, I share your enthusiasm to believe...and that makes me skeptical for what I feel are the right reasons...but craft filmed by this guy with the occupants has been dissected ad nauseum in another thread, and in spite of this report...nothing conclusive can be drawn from it. It would be wonderful if it were real, and I'd like nothing more than to claim it as such, but...still we wait.

My own personal criteria for strong (not irrefutable) proof would include mult witnesses in mult. locations of same craft or type of craft. Ive been slammed on this one, but it is the criteria I focused on, not necessarily the UFO itself - check this out if you haven't, I think youll see where I'm coming from:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well Cole, first & formost: did you see the 2008 video that Yalcin Yalman shot (I posted it before)? Fast forward to 00:26 and watch closely. After about 20 seconds of filming the object over the sea, it disappears. Then, he zooms out and messes up the shot as he moves around. When he does this you can clearly see the buildings and trees surrounding him -- proof that he wasn't in some fancy studio. When he regains his composure and begins to zoom back in at 1:04, you can see the object again very faintly moving westwardly out of the shot. Try reducing the light in your room if you can't see it.

He says "it's moving slowly" at the very beginning of the video. Although it isn't conclusive proof that he wasn't filming a model, this phrase alone tells me that he had already identified the object and knew that it was the one he had been filming in the past. He didn't say "hmm, what might that be? Whatever it is, it's moving slowly!" No, he said "it's moving slowly" bluntly, as if he was confident that he had identified the original UFO.

The UFO in the newest footage from last week, I thought, looked & behaved similarly -- it was bright, whitish, moved on a fixed course through the clouds over the ocean, etc. It just struck me as the same object and might very well be, but ofcourse, I can't really prove that it was for sure.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ufoenthusiast]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by necati

@2:25 they really are UFO chasing,excitable lot.

A bunch of UFO believers with cameras waiting to take pictures of anything in the sky incase they are seeing a UFO.

@3:58 the light anomaly seems to be falling and doesn't look proper against the tree branch more like the falling motion of a feather,after zooming back he doesn't walk around the tree to get more footage he seems uninterested,not knowing what is spoken it's Italian is it?

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoenthusiast

You however, insist on using footage that has been uploaded to the internet (Youtube) in order to make enhancements and analyze -- footage that ISN'T the original source footage and has had it's resolution and quality reduced -- and then claiming that it's impossible to see any details because it's too blurry. Well, no sh*t, sherlock!

I don’t know where you got that from. So far I haven’t used any screenshots or whatsoever. Don’t know what you’re talking about. I explicitly asked for the original footage (uncut) which was promised to be made available publicly.

free_spirit seems to have the videos on DVD, too. There are a lot of free file hosters where such material could be uploaded to.

QUOTE (free_spirtit):

“I just gave my reasons to internos regarding the difference in the images, yes I have a copy of the May 2009 videos on DVD transfered from the original camera. That is why I give credits courtesy of Mr. Yalcin Yalman and Mr. Haktan Akdogan.....”

I’m not sure who made those “enhancements” to show us the alien occupants, it’s quite confusing. Was it you ufoenthusiast/cmazzgatti, free_spirtit or all of you?
Some forum members on the Kumburgaz sightings thread already had a hard time trying to explain you why the “focusing” isn’t a legitimate way of “enhancing” images. They tried in vain.

I can understand that you are pissed because someone brought up your lies.
You know what? I pity you. You must have a real problem with your identities. I don’t know the reason for your inferiority complex which makes you bark at everything you can’t understand and smells ‘smart’ or 'intelligent'.
I already gave you more attention than you deserved.
Go on barking poor boy! The only thing you can do is attacking and offending people.

PS: It’s not important but even if I made a mistake spelling “digitising” correctly, which btw I didn’t (it’s UK-English) and that makes you believe that I’m an idiot, it reveals something about you not me.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by necati]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is another ‘mass sighting’ of an UFO on 08/06/2006 in Rize which might shed some light on the credibility, seriousness and qualities of Haktan Akdoğan as a UFO researcher and his credibility.

He also states that small creatures were seen by 6-7 inhabitants in the woods in the near vicinity the night before.

May I suggest multiple balloons tight together or am I trying to be smarter than the crowd of 15 to 20 people (according to the commentary). Listen to their excitement. It’s hilarious.
Should you fail to recognise him, he is the guy who can be seen on the left on this image:

The Video:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Your suggestion is just an assumption (a guess). If you didn't have to guess, the video wouldn't have been an attraction, because the identity of the object would've been readily known. But alas, the object has left you (and me; and everyone who's seen it) stumped & bewildered. Put simply, the object remains unidentifed. With that said, why in the everliving name of [SNIP] would you think that the sighting affects Haktan's credibility in any way? Because he said there were 6-7 inhabitants in the woods the night before? Can you prove that this didn't happen? No, you can't. He can't prove that it happened either though. However, he can prove that there was a strange object that nobody has been able to properly identify over the woods to this day, so the idea of "6-7 inhabitants" being spotted in the woods doesn't seem all too far-fetched now, does it?

I think the footage is very interesting, particularly because similar objects have been filmed over Mexico several times in the past. One thing you should do is check the wind conditions for that day, as you did with last week's sighting, because if it was windy, then according to your logic, these "balloons" should also be grazing through the air on a fixed course at high speeds.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ufoenthusiast]

Mod Edit: Removed big quote and censor circumvention.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Is this a new story on the conference, or have you seen it yet?

www.eurasianet.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Yes Jim, it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoenthusiast

That one is a plain as day.

It's a bunch of balloons.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Quote in Eurasia Insight (via Jim's link) regarding the Istanbul UFO conference:

"Reyhan Karaca, a singer who represented Turkey at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1991, told Turkish newspapers this May how a "prawn-colored" alien had plucked her from her bed one night and had taken her on a whistle-stop tour of Earth."

That's terrific....that really helps the credibility of this whole UFO thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
Quote in Eurasia Insight (via Jim's link) regarding the Istanbul UFO conference:

"Reyhan Karaca, a singer who represented Turkey at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1991, told Turkish newspapers this May how a "prawn-colored" alien had plucked her from her bed one night and had taken her on a whistle-stop tour of Earth."

That's terrific....that really helps the credibility of this whole UFO thing.

Why would that be? Maybe it actually happened. People do get abducted, you know. Betty and Barney Hill, Travis Walton to name a few.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

My point is that I don't think it matters if the claim about the "prawn coloured alien" is true or if it is a fabrication - either way the media could have a field day using that example & that wording to ridicule the conference.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Fair enough. I must admit I had a light chuckle myself when I read it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join