It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran opposition defies ayatollah, schedules protests on Saturday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hunka that's pretty disturbing, you may want to pull that video. I'm not sure but that may be in some sort of violation of ATS T&C..
My heart goes out to the people.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
CNN Now reporting that they received a fax stating that they are officially barred from Iran... it is illegal for them to be in country...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Hunka that's pretty disturbing, you may want to pull that video. I'm not sure but that may be in some sort of violation of ATS T&C..

It may be.... I just saw the same thing on CNN...

I dunno.... I think people need to know that it has escalated seriously...

Thanks though Slayer... you advice is always appreciated...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh I totally agree the world needs to know the truth.

Over all this is a good thing no matter the outcome. If the Iranians over throw the government that will be a step in the right direction. If TPTB stay in power and things finally calm down there will be a shift in policy now that they realize just how fragile their hold on power really is.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That video was horrible to watch but I agree people need to see what's going on. I saw it on CNN also, all they showed was her legs everything else was blurred out, seeing her face adds that extra shock that's imo necessary to get Joe public to actually give a s### about people half a world away. All the people screaming and crying in the background as she was dying just adds to the tragedy.

My heart goes out to all those people in Iran fighting for their freedom.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by bigern]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Why are you encouraging censorship? I don't get it. You'd like to censor a revolution?

It is very disturbing but we need to know the truth. They are a government of cowards killing young women and this video is revealing that to the world!

Seeing that video makes me want to get over there and help them.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yeah, please don't remove the video. This is important history unfolding. Luckily we have YouTube, etc.

I can't believe someone is suggesting you should remove it, unless ATS allows minors to access it's site (I don't know). But thank god YouTube isn't trying to censor a revolution.

Now the world can see just what those people are dealing with, murdering cowards. A sniper takes down a young beautiful woman. They're afraid of women!

The Iranian government/clergy has been cracking down and censoring enough we don't need to censor anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
hi..

this is horrible!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know if iranian citizens have ak47's???

the protestors dont stand a chance againt guns/tanks/choppers/militia thugs....!!!

this is gonna be finished real fast and im starting to loose hope.....

dam!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I realize now why they shot that girl instead of the middle aged man who was next to her. They did it for the effect it would have on the protesters. I'll tell you seeing that video has really has an effect on me.

We're seeing the effect of true evil in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Oh I totally agree the world needs to know the truth.

Over all this is a good thing no matter the outcome. If the Iranians over throw the government that will be a step in the right direction. If TPTB stay in power and things finally calm down there will be a shift in policy now that they realize just how fragile their hold on power really is.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I can understand why your initial reaction was to suggest removing the video, it is horrific. My gut said that too. (Or maybe you were just pointing out the ATS rules). I personally have never seen anyone die like that, on video or in real life.

But as disturbing as it is it's very important for people to see (adults). I know we all agree.

That one video changed my perception of what's happening there, and it's very revealing on many levels.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

It is obviouse that America is interfering in Iranian internal matters and trying hard to create violence because violence creates hate and hate is the medium America needs for its successful foreign policy.

Aren't you the same guy who posted elsewhere that Osama bin Laden could not be proven to be behind 9/11 ?

We're talking about the same bin Laden who publicly claimed credit for 9/11 right ?

I'd sure like to experience this altered state of reality that you live in. Tell me where you live does water run uphill too ?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm watching CNN now, and for some reason some video taken today is being released for TV, how?

Anyway, a lot of footage showing very young women who have been beaten and seriously injured, being carried away.

They are beating and murdering young women?!?! What cowards. They obviously find women very threatening over there.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Very strong video my friend!
a beautiful young women in her best years, murdered by some fanatic idiots!

Well! all this violence against the women and the people of Iran is utterly disgusting.

Man! I feel terrible! what can we do to help & support them?

This make me sad!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I hate the fact that on this site it is against the rule's to post video's like that!

Its abit stupid to have the motto as deny ignorance and then straight up censor what is happening right now!

My heart goes out to iran and i wish i was with them at this time!

Fcking sickening they can take out a girl like that, Take note people this type of stuff is coming to western cities soon

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It is painful to watch, but it's a good reminder that this is not a game, people are sacrificing their lives right now to rid themselves of a totalitarian regime.

That young lady took the risk of confronting armed thugs with nothing but her voice, and she laid down her life in the service of her people.

Hopefully her name and her courage will be remembered.

I suspect her sacrifice has already helped change Iran's history.

[edit on 6/20/09 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'd rather see the disturbing truth than live in a world wadded by cotton wool from Hollywood.

Poor girl. These Basij are just thugs like the Hitler Youth of the 1930s.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Typically it is against YouTube's TOS as well, but they recognize a worthy exception when they see it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

If I gave the impression that it should pulled in order to hide the truth. Then I apologize. I was attempting to give a heads up so that Hunka would not possibly violate ATS rules is all. I'm a supporter of getting the truth out. Sometimes the truth is grissly.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Typically it is against YouTube's TOS as well, but they recognize a worthy exception when they see it.

Could you imagine how in the dark we would be if on top of the Iranian govs censorship and blocking news media we (the US) also censored all of this info and images as well?

Thank god we have some freedom left in our media, internet and social media are godsends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join