It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran opposition defies ayatollah, schedules protests on Saturday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That video was appalling. However, it is justified to show the escalation over there and how serious it has become. I salute the Iranian people and maybe this is best thing to happen in he middle east. Personally I believe the Iranian people are behind this all on their own without the aid of foreign powers, and for that; more power to them.

I think the clerics are blaming the US and UK to see if that old drawn out rhetoric would calm the people into the virulent anti-west slogans but as you can see their last ditch efforts aren't working. It's a snowball slowly becoming an avalanche and the regime is clutching at straws. Their behavior is showing the signs of concern on their parts. One day the Ayatollah says that they will entertain the thought of a new election and the next it's back to death to west and it's all their fault. I think we are beginning to see an end to the theocracy in Iran.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
hi again..

sorry on my posting again....

Im so pissed on how they are beating and killing women!!!!!!!!

khamenei and his dirty scum killers!!!!

I cant see much hope for dialog/lets have lunch and bury the hatchet with khamenei/ahmadinjad after this...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
apeasement is futile now,,,,,

this is murder/assaninating what their doing......

the situation is not good,,,many will die.....

Im mad!!!

this is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to get upset....

amy

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

Yes, that was one thing about this that caught my attention, how it seems women are being especially singled out.

They have been saying that women are fueling this in a big way, they seem to be the most oppressed, more so than the men. They still publicly stone women there! I think the women have much more to lose if this fails and more to gain if it succeeds.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
hi again..

sorry on my posting again....

Im so pissed on how they are beating and killing women!!!!!!!!

khamenei and his dirty scum killers!!!!

I cant see much hope for dialog/lets have lunch and bury the hatchet with khamenei/ahmadinjad after this...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
apeasement is futile now,,,,,

this is murder/assaninating what their doing......

the situation is not good,,,many will die.....

Im mad!!!

this is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to get upset....

amy

You are right and I am as pissed as you. As I said earlier, it is snowball becoming an avalanche. The regime is on their last legs and it is only going to go downhill for the regime if they keep using these barbarous tactics. They better get their act together or the people will have the regime packing their bags in no time. If the murders continue these protest will spread like wild fire across the country.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

History does repeat itself.
Police force Iran protest off streets

"This is like [the revolution in] 1979," said one older man on the streets yesterday. "But it's more dangerous. People had money in 1979 to escape and to get by for months. Now they don't."

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Jakes51

History does repeat itself.
Police force Iran protest off streets

"This is like [the revolution in] 1979," said one older man on the streets yesterday. "But it's more dangerous. People had money in 1979 to escape and to get by for months. Now they don't."

That's an interesting quote that you have shared. I just find it interesting all the parallels in history. Its as though humans are destined to make the same mistakes for ever. We never really learn from our past indiscretions and that is why the study of history is so important. However, I think people tend to turn a blind eye to our past rather than seeing it for what it is and learning from it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I'm watching CNN now, and for some reason some video taken today is being released for TV, how?

Anyway, a lot of footage showing very young women who have been beaten and seriously injured, being carried away.

They are beating and murdering young women?!?! What cowards. They obviously find women very threatening over there.

I hear they are calling this the lipstick revolution, because of these brave women.
If Islam is to be reformed the women will have to put their foot down,

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I saw this video on CNN.com and it really dissturbed me.

And it says there that her father was beside her when that happened. What a horrible thing to happen!

I trully hope that something good can come out from all of this. And i wish i could do something to help then, but the only thing we can do right now is pray.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well I've been thinking about this woman all day and I just can't get her face out of my head. I guess there's nothing we can really do to help other than make people aware, so I composed an email and sent it to my friends and family. Anyone that's so inclined feel free to copy it send it along.

Subject: Don't ignore this one

Watch this video with the sound up loud, the anguish in these peoples voices is unmistakable in any language. I hope it makes you sick. This poor woman was murdered fighting for the freedoms we all take for granted. The people of Iran are just like us, don't let their fanatical leaders convince you otherwise.

www.youtube.com...

If this touched you in any way pass it along to your friends and family. If it didn't affect you, ignore it and go back to enjoying the life better men than you or I died to make possible.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I saw on news the crowds shouting death to the dictator.

Hmm, he was put in power in 1989 and will hold the dictatorship until death.

Perhaps the people of Iran are tired of a religious dictator running their country.

Perhaps they want a say and perhaps they don't want their country constantly trying to in-site war in the region.

Off topic:
If the US does nothing, some idiot will say we are bad for not helping Iranians.
If the US does help the Iranians, some idiot will say we are bad for interfering.

So, what a country to do???

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

So, what a country to do???

We need to focus not on what people will say, but on what actual effects our actions have.

US intervention, overt or covert, is likely to cause more deaths and weaken the hand of the reformers.

We need to sit this one out and stick to offering moral support.

As for Kissinger's comments, well it's exactly his kind of interventionist nonsense that left us with a repressive theocracy in Iran in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Would setting your Twitter location to Tehran really help to mess up the murdering cowards crack down tonight? I don't know, but tonight I set my Twitter location to Tehran, Iran, hoping maybe if enough people follow suit, maybe it could slow down the gov's tracking of real Iranians on Twitter.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Outrage! Obama Cuts Funding to Democracy Protesters In Iran!

Newsmax has learned that the Obama administration also has zeroed out funding for pro-democracy programs inside Iran from the State Department budget for fiscal 2010, just as protests in Iran are ramping up.

Funding for pro-democracy programs began in 2004, when Congress earmarked $1.5 million of the State Department budget for “educational, humanitarian, and non-governmental organizations and individuals inside Iran to support the advancement of democracy and human rights in Iran.”

The funding ramped up dramatically two years later, when Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice requested $75 million for pro-democracy programs. More than half of the $66.1 million Congress finally appropriated went to expand U.S. government-funded Persian language broadcasting services at Voice of America and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

But no money has been earmarked for such programs in the administration’s fiscal 2010 foreign operations budget request. Congressional sources told Newsmax they doubted that a Democrat-controlled Congress would add it when the budget comes before a committee next week.

Controversy has surrounded the programs from the start, with pro-regime lobbying groups, such as the National Iranian-American Council urging the State Department to cancel the funding.

I wonder how Iranians in America who protested today feel about this.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

[edit on 113030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So now there are tanks coming in....

And with that, this thread should probably be closed as we have gone from simple opposition defying ayatollah to a day which has changed the destiny of Iran forever...

Tanks Roll Into Tehran

EDIT: There has been no proof of actual tanks yet... but that thread has taken precedence over this one.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by Ownification

How is it obvious? You have proof?

Iran accuses Canada of interfering with Iranian internal affairs, what does Canada have to say in response?

"And we will not. We will continue to promote democracy. We will continue to challenge Iran on human rights."

www.cbc.ca...

Canada says we won't. Get it? Ofcurse you believe what ever your government says right, where is the proof. Remember when Taliban asked America for proof that Osama Bin Laden was behind the 9/11 attacks guess what America replied in response? It is insufficient. Where's the proof. Where was the proof when America went to Iraq. Remember those pictures America showed you, yeah those ones, you were the ones who believed it. Where is the proof, that is a very good question, but seriously now. Canada saying we won't stop interfering is not enough of a proof?

America doesn't realize? Said who? You?

You need to provide proof before spouting off and telling Americans what they should and should not be doing.

Americans still don't realize, why do I say that? Well because your government has been continuously trying to undermine the government of Iran ever since the American puppet Shah was removed. Remember? Ohh no I have amnesia. In serious notes let us look at some evidence:

A Pakistani tribal militant group responsible for a series of deadly guerrilla raids inside Iran has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials since 2005, U.S. and Pakistani intelligence sources tell ABC News.

blogs.abcnews.com...

But that is the past, Obama is here to change everything. RIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHHT. Remember when Bush said he came to change everything, have you ever compared Bush speech with Obama speeches? They both ran their presidential campaign based on change. Still don't see change. Still see drones bombing Pakistani villages and killing innocent people in the process. But ofcurse where is the proof.

OK now let us look at the elections in Iran. All Western media and the Arab media has claimed that it was a rigged election, but where is the proof? The western media has continuously been claiming that since the opposition lost votes in places where they had support before is a proof of vote rigging. That is good enough of a proof for you right. Forgetting about the fact that Ahmadinajad lost votes in some areas where he had previously strong support. WOW the opposition must be vote rigging.

Why does Iran and I accuse the west of interfering?
Let us start from here:

The authorities have branded the protesters as "terrorists" and rioters. Tehran's police commander Azizullah Rajabzadeh warned police would "confront all gatherings and unrest with all its strength," the official IRNA news agency reported.

Can these violent protest be labeled as an act of terrorism? For America to support these individuals in any way is called interfering, that includes giving them the access to wide communication.

The US government took the unusual step of asking Twitter to delay a planned maintenance outage because of its use as a communications tool by Iranians following their disputed election, according to a senior official......

But it also seemed to run counter to President Barack Obama's public efforts not to appear to be meddling in Iran's internal affairs.

news.yahoo.com...

That is called interfering. You are giving these individuals who will probably start violent protest and riots a way of communication, if that is not interfering then what is?

Remember Jundallah? Well they were one of the first to start violence in the pre-elections. Guess who they are supported by, yeah you guessed it right, America.

Hours earlier, the Al Qaeda-linked group Jundallah, which draws support from Iran's ethnic Baluch minority, claimed responsibility for bombing the mosque on a Shi'ite religious holiday in a phone call to the Al-Arabiya satellite news channel.

www.boston.com...

All you individuals who didn't like what I posted read this and bring me your proof that America is not meddling and supporting terrorists against the government of Iran.

It is ridiculous to think that after almost 40 years of American hostility towards Iran, they will suddenly stop because they have a black president. Keep dreaming on the land of the free, the home of the slave.

[edit on 123030p://30b6 by Ownification]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join