It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Military Recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

touche touche

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack
I think you misinterpreted my comment. I was addressing the previous poster equating the PA to the Iraq war which is an incorrect assertion. Those are two totally separate events and have nothing to do with each other. I have never condoned the PA and as Chelton Heston put it "you will have to pry my gun from my cold dead hands"

Well, not totally separated since i believe they are both 911 consequences, but i get your point and apologize for jumping to conclusions in my post, sorry.

When military targets tend to be obvious choices, crazy whack jobs tend to relocate and civilians become shields.

And the other crazy whack job go ahead and bomb an entire block killing dozens of inocents just to destroy one possible target. The CIA was doing this in Afghanistan, bribing people to pinpoint possible Al Qaeda hideouts, didn't work, less than 10% were valid targets and innocents died (just google the CIA drone wars).

And that is wrong how? As I said, the military has created several applications that have nothing to do with combat that is used in everyday life today. In respect, many of their inventions have taken us out of the stone age and into the techno age.

Where would Hot Pockets be today without NASA?

I have nothing against progress, i just think these researches should be done with something other than war in mind. How long did this tech remain with the military before it was released to public? how long was this progress hidden because research for this was war driven?

I believe it's just the tip of the iceberg in hidden tech in the hands of the U.S. or U.K. military, they release the crap they don't use anymore or the crap they see as not worthy in a war situation.

I just think it's the wrong road to take, the internet was created as a telecommunication to survive nuclear war back in the cold war era, not with the objective to revolutionize communications.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
even though i am left of center, i realize the tough job you are assigned to carry out. i think people should understand that your orders come down from a civilian government, and not generated solely from the chiefs-of-staffs of the various services. there are more people on the left that take pride in your service, then i think your led to believe. as with any political discussion, the loudest and most hyperbolic, are the ones that recieve the majority of the attention. i'm glad the military is meeting its quotas, i only wish it wasn't partly due to the economic downturn. "support the troops" shouldn't simply be a magnetic ribbon bumber sticker, it should be support in every area of a military persons career. thanks for your service.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I just want to agree with juston that not all recruiters lie. most recruits are the ones who lie. when i signed up to join the military and i still am in, i lied to get in. it took me from 2002 t0 2007 to get in. so i had to go to another state to enlist. most people that join the military for what ever branch they join do it for the experience not just to kill people or travel the world. every one i know joined because most people in the world will never be able to do what we do or be trained the way we are.

me my self i have never killed anyone or want to but if i have to i will. that is the purpose of our military is to protect those who can not protect themselves.

no mater if im in the military or not i will always stand up for those who are in trouble or invade our soils. for those of you who have a problem with the military and the way its run yes its true its all political but you dont realise while your taking your hot showers and living in your house and warm bed were "the soilders" are out on the fire line taking rounds, no showers and living in hell untill were relived by another unit. so when someone is trying to clairify sompthing you should listen because the ones who wont talk never will and the ones who do eventualy end up in a pine box.

we joined to serve our country. most recruiters now of days dont even come looking for us we find them. thats how i joined. everyone in my family has served in all branches and went to the verry top. so if anyone is to blame go to washington dc and talk to them. they hide everything. the people behind the seens like me and the recruiters and other military brothers want to be heard but when we talk nobody listens.

maby you should really take the time to pull your heads our your butts, clean your ears and take a look at the real world we are all living in it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

you are a liar. you say that you do not force people in the military. so what was viet nam. people had to go there and do not tell me they were not forced. liar , liar in a war situation you get drafted. now dont tell me that is not being forced. also, you cannot tell me that you do not have a quota system. if you only got few people enlisted you yourself would not look good and then you would get sent to some crappy post later.you are a representative of the armed forces , you cannot tell me that this is not true either. you would lie your aaa off to get what you wanted. Oh, and by the way. when you talk about the schooling in the military is equivelent to college is a lie also. if this were true why is it , when you get out it is not considered so and you have to take the classes, trainning again anyways. so in other words you get trainning and that is it, it cannot be used nowhere else. so why go in the military and waste time and your life when all you need is colledge and a degree or bachelorate. i can run circles around you. why dont you explain to the people why military people get considered first in a job situation. is it because they served their country, or is it because the govt gives companies kickbacks to do so for insentive to hire them. tell the truth now. and since you are so good at telling the truth, you must be a liar, because you are in the military and you do what your higher ups tell you. wether to lie , bend the truth, or truth. so never say the truth sir, just say that is how it is done now. im not wasting any more of my time on you .

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

To juston the recruiter,

This guy pudgeego is a complete moron. Ummm first of all the reason we had the draft was because of the rising conflict of communism in asia after wwll and the reason we have recruiters is because we no longer have the draft you tard it is now the selective service you choose togo but so that we don't have a weak military they hire recruiters to keep up our troops with wiling brave men that want to go. If ya don't sign the selective service card at the dmv you can get fined 250,000 dollars cause your a wimp and lose out on certain federal benefits like student aid so you would be able to get that bachelors degree. Also if you even knew anything about the military everyon is on a "need to know basis" even if you have a top secret clearence so you don't know all the governments evil plans. You can love your country and serve and hate the government pencil pushers. Also the training you get in the military does go towards college for some jobs. If your infantry than ummm I don't thinks there's college credits for shooting people but if your an electrician like I am then I think some of the basic algebra and english and basic courses do go towards it also the navy has tuition assistance which is basically college in the navy for free and you can earn up to a masters degree as many times as you want as long as your serving and that's not to mention the G.I Bill you get to use for up to 15 years after you get out and if you don't use it you can give it to your kids. I think that pretty awesome you can send your kids to school free. Most of the people that are ex military and get the jobs first probably get the job first because they have a higher degree than your bachelors or associates, have real world experiance training and are all around morally a better aand less grouchy and more oh the important word disceplined than you so next time why don't you research alittle better

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pudgeego
you are a liar. you say that you do not force people in the military. so what was viet nam. people had to go there and do not tell me they were not forced.

That's called a "draft", something we haven't had in quite a while. Look it up and get back to me.

liar , liar in a war situation you get drafted. now dont tell me that is not being forced.

We have an all volunteer military at this time. Did you do any research before you posted?

also, you cannot tell me that you do not have a quota system. if you only got few people enlisted you yourself would not look good and then you would get sent to some crappy post later.you are a representative of the armed forces ,you cannot tell me that this is not true either. you would lie your aaa off to get what you wanted.

He explained this in his previous posts. And if a recruiter lies, he gets nailed by command.

Oh, and by the way. when you talk about the schooling in the military is equivelent to college is a lie also. if this were true why is it , when you get out it is not considered so and you have to take the classes, trainning again anyways. so in other words you get trainning and that is it, it cannot be used nowhere else.so why go in the military and waste time and your life when all you need is colledge and a degree or bachelorate.

Really? All mine counted towards college.

i can run circles around you.

I seriously don't think you mean the physical activity called "running". I already know I can PT you into the ground.

why dont you explain to the people why military people get considered first in a job situation. is it because they served their country, or is it because the govt gives companies kickbacks to do so for insentive to hire them.

Because military personnel usually have a buttload of schoolling and training. See my above statements concerning college.

tell the truth now. and since you are so good at telling the truth, you must be a liar, because you are in the military and you do what your higher ups tell you. wether to lie , bend the truth, or truth. so never say the truth sir, just say that is how it is done now. im not wasting any more of my time on you .

And I bet he's crying real tears over that, too.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
ATTENTION Please...

The name calling Stops Now....

We can all post in a mature manner without resorting to calling each other names..

Any further such posts will be warned..

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

www.alternet.org...:_desperate_army_recruits_neo-nazis/?page=entire

this article may beg to differ

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Military recruiters do have goals to meet but there's higher ranking officers who run the recruiting facilities. They aren't going to let someone who's doing a good job, but not meeting goal, be shipped off to some subpar assignment.. I don't recall who said that but now your spreading more nonsense.

Like anyplace the military can't be perfect at recruiting 100% truthfull and moral soldiers. That's impossible. The vast majority however do represent an intelligent and professional unit. It would be very hard for me to imagine a recruiter flat out lying about things to get someone enlisted. They may call you everyday to keep the process moving. They may be a little pushy and saleman like from time to time. ( Depending on who you get. ) To say they lie to the public to meet quota is truly spreading ingorance and only hurts Americas security by spreading such lies.

The military is not for everyone and often times the people that enter a recruiting office won't end up enlisting unless it's something they have genuinly chosen. I don't know too many active duty or retired soldiers that would say they were forced into it by their recruiter. Actually I don't know any..

It's also commonplace for people to think once you sign something in the recruiters office your life is signed away.. This also couldn't be further from the truth. You can even go as far as swearing in and still get out without hassle.

This is a good thread and I appreciate the OPs attempt to deny the ignorance on this subject.

Star and flag!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas87
reply to post by pudgeego

To juston the recruiter,

This guy pudgeego is a complete moron. Ummm first of all the reason we had the draft was because of the rising conflict of communism in asia after wwll and the reason we have recruiters is because we no longer have the draft you tard it is now the selective service you choose togo but so that we don't have a weak military they hire recruiters to keep up our troops with wiling brave men that want to go. If ya don't sign the selective service card at the dmv you can get fined 250,000 dollars cause your a wimp and lose out on certain federal benefits like student aid so you would be able to get that bachelors degree. Also if you even knew anything about the military everyon is on a "need to know basis" even if you have a top secret clearence so you don't know all the governments evil plans. You can love your country and serve and hate the government pencil pushers. Also the training you get in the military does go towards college for some jobs. If your infantry than ummm I don't thinks there's college credits for shooting people but if your an electrician like I am then I think some of the basic algebra and english and basic courses do go towards it also the navy has tuition assistance which is basically college in the navy for free and you can earn up to a masters degree as many times as you want as long as your serving and that's not to mention the G.I Bill you get to use for up to 15 years after you get out and if you don't use it you can give it to your kids. I think that pretty awesome you can send your kids to school free. Most of the people that are ex military and get the jobs first probably get the job first because they have a higher degree than your bachelors or associates, have real world experiance training and are all around morally a better aand less grouchy and more oh the important word disceplined than you so next time why don't you research alittle better

Thank you for addressing this....well...you put it correctly! pudgeego has no idea what he/she is talking about and probably avoid conversations they have no clue about!

Eidt: BTW, 5 stars for that responce!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Bearack]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas87
Also if you even knew anything about the military everyon is on a "need to know basis" even if you have a top secret clearence so you don't know all the governments evil plans. You can love your country and serve and hate the government pencil pushers.

Why do you guys keep saying things like that?
If you are a part of the military war machine, you are as guilty as the grunt shooting at the front lines, it's like saying that there are different types of terrorists in Hamas, the paper pusher and the exploding man, one is just a politician and the other is blowing up israeli kids.
It's called guilty by association, and no matter how you sugar coat it with high salaries and education after the service is done, it's still rotten business.

Originally posted by injunfeller
reply to post by Juston

www.alternet.org...:_desperate_army_recruits_neo-nazis/?page=entire

this article may beg to differ

Thanks for this eye opening article.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by JesusBorba]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusBorba
Why do you guys keep saying things like that?
If you are a part of the military war machine, you are as guilty as the grunt shooting at the front lines, it's like saying that there are different types of terrorists in Hamas, the paper pusher and the exploding man, one is just a politician and the other is blowing up israeli kids.
It's called guilty by association, and no matter how you sugar coat it with high salaries and education after the service is done, it's still rotten business.

Why do we say that? Because we know that there's a difference between the two!! Most of the military will never really engage the enemy but they are there to support the guys doing the shooting. They may not think it, but it's a very important job. Paperpusher, hashslinger, they all do their part.

But you can have fun trying to bust some clerk or a cook for "war crimes" because he was doing his job. That ain't gonna fly.

I don't think killing people is a job of the military either. It's more like one of the perks.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Why do we say that? Because we know that there's a difference between the two!! Most of the military will never really engage the enemy but they are there to support the guys doing the shooting. They may not think it, but it's a very important job. Paperpusher, hashslinger, they all do their part.

Really? you know what Hyprocrisy is? because that's what i see when i look at your post, you preach that there is a diference between being in the front lines and suplying or aiding the ones that are there, and yet you said it yourself that their job is important to the grunts. In the end you are part of the same machine, and that is not a good goal you are trying to achieve.

But you can have fun trying to bust some clerk or a cook for "war crimes" because he was doing his job. That ain't gonna fly.

Of course the guy in the kitchen is not doing the shooting, and nobody said anything about busting clerks or cooks for war crimes, pathetic attempt to ridiculize the issue. I just think these people can find better jobs and not try to justify their participation in this genocide with unaccountability.

I don't think killing people is a job of the military either. It's more like one of the perks.

I really hope you are kidding here, even if you are go look at some iraqui children with their arms blown off, try to think of someone you know, your nephew or son maybe, and empatize with the people over there.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

(From previous pages) Hey Army CI guy, thanks. I did not know that just only Secret, was a much much longer status than I had surmised, even before it could be available through FOIA. When you said (something like) that you were'nt sure what levels I was talking about, well, I think (I think) I can (--safely?--) say that, I saw ufo stuff. I do not have stories to tell like Clifford Stone and Bob Lazar, about aliens and spaceships, however. I would NOT recomend that anyone join the military, to find out about ufos. I did not join for that reason. But it's too scary and stressfull. Not worth it. (At least for me).

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I would join the military.. To turn back against our corrupt government. Find the Bilderberg group, arrest the Oil garchs, etc. If it's to crush the NWO I would join.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Really? you know what Hyprocrisy is? because that's what i see when i look at your post, you preach that there is a diference between being in the front lines and suplying or aiding the ones that are there, and yet you said it yourself that their job is important to the grunts. In the end you are part of the same machine, and that is not a good goal you are trying to achieve.

Well, once again, you're obvious lack of knowledge of the military is showing. The military is one big team supporting each other, but there is a difference between a medic or clerk and an infantryman or a tanker.

You do know the Geneva Conventions protects some just for that reason (Clergy, medics). If there wasn't a difference between the two, then why would that be?

Of course the guy in the kitchen is not doing the shooting, and nobody said anything about busting clerks or cooks for war crimes, pathetic attempt to ridiculize the issue. I just think these people can find better jobs and not try to justify their participation in this genocide with unaccountability.

But you just said that there's no difference!! So, if a division is being busted for a war crime, I guess they all should be punished, right? According to you, they are all war criminals!! Punish them all!!!

And if the US military was conducting genocide as you claim, we're doing a piss poor job at it. An Army usually doesn't supply medical aid to a group of people they are trying to kill off. Quick tip: Research pays off.

I really hope you are kidding here, even if you are go look at some iraqui children with their arms blown off, try to think of someone you know, your nephew or son maybe, and empatize with the people over there.

Oh, you mean that kid that was wounded by an insurgent's bomb in a marketplace crowded with civilians? Oh, no, killing that insurgent is a perk.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
I would join the military.. To turn back against our corrupt government. Find the Bilderberg group, arrest the Oil garchs, etc. If it's to crush the NWO I would join.

You do not need to join the military for that. You can slay more windmills as a civilian, Don.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
You know what is funny....

You come here speaking of miscommunication.... but your avatar shows a skeletal body with symbols arranged in a pentagram....

You represent yourself in one way.. but show yourself in another. In the future, maybe you should consider your advertisements a little better.

Who exactly do YOU thing you are trying to persuade?

[edit on 19-6-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

Good point Twi,

Masons here do the same thing, have all kind of cult or nefarious icons as avatars then try to convince thread after thread what nice guys masons are LOL, the irony is just too much. Kinda makes you want to think thrice about what people say and what they actually mean. Not to mention hard to take seriously.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Having read through several pages of this, I find myself laughing. You can't honestly say that as a recruiter, you have never 'left out a tid-bit of information'. purposely 'mislead' a prospective recruit, 'bent' the truth just a little, etc., etc..

I think all people from all walks of life will at sometime or another exagerate with a little white lie sooner or later. You may not have believed it at the time, but I'm sure it's happened.

Some recruiters go to great lengths to fill their quotas. My son just graduated high school this past month. Earlier this year, a group of recruiters came to the school and everyone was urged to go listen to their presentation. All you had to do was sign in. Bad move!

(Most people don't know that our Military has full access too all students' personal information that attend any educational institution that receives Federal Aid.)

Having said that, we started getting phone calls the VERY NEXT DAY. One Marine recruiter was told my son was not interested. The SAME recruiter has called 2-3 times EVERY week since graduation, and WILL NOT TAKE A HINT. He called TWICE today. I advised him that he was harrassing us, and that if he called ONE MORE TIME, I was going to his Commander with a complaint. We'll see how that goes in the morning.

So how do we stop you guys from persuing our children? It's almost scary to tell you the truth.....creepy, pedo kinda scary.

Good topic though!

Quick note I forgot to write. My Father was a USAF recruiter for years. I remember the tactics they used to go through to get people in the door. That was the 70's though. Hopefully it's changed by now.

Thanks

[edit on 23-6-2009 by SlinkyDFW]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join