It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Military Recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Juston, I just wanted to thank you for doing your part in keeping our nation safe. You may serve a master we don't agree with, perhaps one you yourself don't agree with. But you also serve the country you love.

You have my sincere gratitude, brother.

"Your a man with a smile, who took a pride in a job well done"

For those who found nothing to attack but your "scary" album cover.. Just consider the source and move on.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

lets see here... when i enlisted, i was promised E-3 out of boot camp! i even got the required 4 people to enlist with me during my DEP program, ran

What ??????????????? Am I reading you correctly here dude, you need to get 4 other people to enlist with you, in order for you to get in/get something better ?

Please tell me that I misunderstand that.

If not, then oh boy that is the lowest of the low, the reason my hair curled when I read it? That is exactly how these con merchants operated---

Amway
Quixtar
Alticor
ACN
USANA
Tiscali
Kirby

And hundreds more, including many religious groups and xtian sects.

The name of the game ? Recruit/Introduce/Sponsor/Save, other gullible people by promising them the earth for getting others to come along and join too.
If they get other people then the rewards are greater, if they don't then they are less likely to succeed in their endeavor.

Yes indeed people, It would appear that Jesus was the first Network Marketer and if I'm not misunderstanding then the military are using the same recruitment tactic that has enslaved and ruined many a poor soul.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

WX4caster. I have a few Navy folks in my family. They have done and learned more in 2 years than you have in 6. Perhaps it is something you lack that keeps you from progressing. Heck, my little brother has been in the coast guard for 2 years and is already a member of the boarding crew.

Maybe someone saw your potentiel and decided to train you on folding sheets and chasing turds?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

This is ridiculous. There is not one company in the entire world that can run without a continuous supply of customers and workers. I get discounts all the time for "recruiting people" -- they're called REFERRALS!

Everyone complaining about "they said I had to sign up 4 more" then here's a word you probably don't know:

NO

Nobody holds a gun to your head and says "bring me four more or else...". Give me a break.

Let me guess, you gave everyone's email address to some guy in Nigeria -- along with your bank account, ss#, thousands of dollars -- in order to claim your lottery prize?!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Everybody needs to also remember that, like every other business in the world, the longer you stick with it -- the better it is.

Just like working in the mail room of a company and ending up, 15 years later, in the corner office -- you have to stick with it.

The early years are the toughest for a reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be invited on a short ride on a navy cruiser. The capt. Gave us civillians an enlisted sailor as a guide and host.

The host was in his mid twenties and had been in the navy 16 months. He joined to pay for college. He said being in the navy "was like being on vacation and at work at the same time."

I was so impresses with the crew as they brought that 10,000 ton ship into dock. I wish I had not been so blindly anti military when I was 18.

God bless the navy and good job to the men and women recruiters.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.
I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";
But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,
The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.
Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep Is cheaper than them uniforms,
an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.
We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind, There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.
You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face.
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!
-- Rudyard Kipling

I posted this in another thread, but I thought all should see it. There have been cowards in all places throughout time. And by the grace of God, there have been heros as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
I had to chime in here.
My husband of 11 years enlisted in the Air Force. Served in Desert Storm. After he served they paid for his college education AND paid him not to work until it was completed. He raised 2 babies without the mother while attending school and although he didn't have to he also worked at FedEx in the hub.
Today he not only has his BA, but his engineering degree (PE) and his Masters in Business. He makes a 6 figure income working only the standard 40 hr week.

The military assisted in our decent lifestyle today.

Almost makes all those dead Iraqis and Afghanis worth it, eh? I'm so happy you're a 6 figure income family as the rest of the world goes to hell. Maybe if you are willing to do a few more blood sacrifices you can hit 7 figures.

I have no hatred towards you, or anyone else in this thread, but for the love of god realise what you're doing, what you're contributing to. Are the material gains worth it? Are you people that shallow and unthinking? Don't you know what is going on in the world today? That the military are just tools for elitist powerbrokers that despise not only the people the military kill but the military themselves? Don't you know that the military won't be defending anyone if this all goes bottoms up, because they will be the first to be genocided, with soft kill weapons?

This is not fairytail america, land of patriots enlisting to defend the free, this is harsh reality america, land of missguided people under economic pressure and enlisting to prop up the global cleptocracy.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding

Almost makes all those dead Iraqis and Afghanis worth it, eh? I'm so happy you're a 6 figure income family as the rest of the world goes to hell. Maybe if you are willing to do a few more blood sacrifices you can hit 7 figures.

I mean no disrespect by what I am about to say, so please don't be offended.

But what exactly do you think the answer is? To dismantle our entire military? To live in a country that has nobody willing to defend it? To have the soldiers say: "No, we won't fight in Iraq because we don't think it's worth it..."?

That's crazy. In order to have a successful military, and it has be successful lest you want to be answering to Castro, Chavez, or Ahmadinejad, they have to take orders and complete the mission - whether they believe in it or not. If you allowed soldiers to decide when or if they wanted to fight, it would hardly be effective.

To think that if the U.S. dismanteled its military everybody would just leave us alone and we would all live in peace is naive at best.

I wish for a world that required no military, no guns, no fighting, period. But alas, that is not the world we live in.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The solution is to think outside the box. Your post was inside the box.

With the internet the people of the world are in direct contact with each other. With time they will realise nobody in the general population of the planet wants to invade anyone else. With time they will realise that it's all psychopathic manipulation from the powerstructure, TPTB. With time people will indeed realise the solution is to either tear the institutions down or, a solution which I favour is to let them fall under the weight of their own ineptitude, in a peacefull revolution, in a social evolution.

Naive? But what if I'm right?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I recall very well the LIES my Air force recruiter used to entice me into the service at the age of 17. It was the time of the Tet offensive and they wanted lots of warm bodies for the Vietnam scam.

I was about 15 lb.s overweight and the recruiter said that I would immediately, upon arrival at Lackland AFB, be taken to a hospital unit and NOT put into an actual class until the weight was gone...about 2 weeks. He said they would put me on a diet and with LIGHT excercise I would join a regular class very soon.

Well, when the bus stopped and we all got off, I told the Sgt. there that I was in the MEDREMP ( medical remedial ) program and was supposed to go to the hospital. The Sgt. threw his ugly bald head back and laughed out loud!! He screamed, at all of us:

" Pay attention, all of you; YOUR RECRUITER LIED TO YOU!!! I don't care what the recruiter said, now get in line"! Then he turned to me and said: " I will send you to the hospital alright, with a broken neck....GET IN LINE and SHUT UP about recruiters!!"

I decided right then that my contract was illegal, based on lies, and determined to get out as fast as possible. No way would I support an outfit that was run by liars. I ended up with a full honorable discharge for medical reasons, after a couple of Senators acted on my behalf. My father, who was a high ranking police official, had also been told the same lies and confirmed my account.

In other words, I had witnesses of merit who would testify that the entire basis for recruiting me, and others, was to lie and lie and get warm bodies as fast as possible. The Air force found me more trouble than it was worth and they were willing to back off and give me full papers to get rid of me.

Once I found out that LIARS seem to be very comfy as recruiters I lost faith in the system. Sure, some recruiters don't lie; but how many will use patriotic mumbo jumbo as a way to get people?

Telling a kid today that he or she will ' protect' us from the horrible terrorists is the standard line, and a total lie. When the real terrorists are in charge, like Dick Cheney and his cabal, using kids as cannon fodder for imperial conquest is sick.

How many kids would throw their lives away if you said: " Hey kid, we want you to go to foreign lands and kill the people there, because we want their resources and because of politics...you can torture, murder and do basically anything you want over there because the Neocon bosses make vast fortunes from the wars they create".

How many would you get then, Mr. Recruiter? Telling the truth would shut down the grist mill of human bodies sacrificed for the military/industrial cabal, and you would have to get a job that doesn't send the innocent to their deaths under false pretences.

The big shots kill the economy, thus giving them vast numbers of poor and desperate people of color to send to the grinder. No wonder they meet their goals!! Either risk jail by turning to crime, when there are no jobs to be had, or join the service!1 What a chioce!!

I think that EVERY recruiter should be audio and videotaped every time they talk to a possible recruit, and if what was said in ANY WAY differs from what happens later, the contract would be null and void. Maybe THAT would tend to keep the truth at least somewhat on the table.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
the problem with some of this stuff is that Juston is saying things like "Have I ever lied to you?" etc and he's speaking only from HIS personal experience. He says in his opening post that he's a recruiter for a major city. So when he says that his 'quotas come to him' it's very misleading because sure maybe in a big city he doesn't need to lie and cheat as much to get his quota because there's plenty of sheep in the flock but 90% of other recruiters elsewhere DO use cheating, lying, and plain underhanded tactics. I know because I've had several recruiters attempt to get me and I'm very intelligent, I could see right through them how desperately they attempted to 'sweeten the deal' - telling me things like how smart I am and how I will instantly get pay grade raises and upgrades of all sorts due to my intelligence or my college credits or a plethora of other reasons.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Rich,
I saw the exact same thing happen to many of my fellow recruits. I got lucky in that my recruiter did not lie to me, worked with me the entire way until I got what I wanted, and even came to my graduation.

However I was the only lucky one in my bootcamp class... the Company Commanders said the same thing... "I don't care what your recruiters told you...."

And there were a LOT of ticked off recruits in that company...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh my God people! I know this is ATS, but have some F#@$ respect. Juston, thank you for your service. It's an important job and if I could go back 12 years or so I would’ve had absolutely joined the service.

So he needs to take his "propaganda somewhere else?"
What F'n propaganda? He's asking if anyone has any questions for him and is clearing up common conspiracy freak website misconceptions of the military.

HE HAS A SKULL IN HIS AVATAR!?!?!?!

OMGZ!! That means he's one of the Bildaberg Neo-con Planet eating Ezekiel Bush Sr. Ass monsters! He's out to get us and bring down the website! The Skull represents PAIN!!

Seriously?

Some of you take this THAT seriously? Jesus the guy likes Slayer so what. I have Eugene Tombs as my avatar. It doesn’t mean I like under an escalator and eat people’s livers.

Juston-
Thank you for what you do and if I have any questions I’ll be sure and ask

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I am a Counterintelligence Agent serving in the US Army and have been for over 7 years and I'd like to say thanks for posting this.

It is not often we get others on here willing to stand up and say something to dispute what a lot of these paranoid fools are spouting out of their ignorant mouths about not only the military as a whole - but specific parts of it as well.

Bravo to you and star and flag as well.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

LMFAO!!!!!

A lot of the kids on this site probably have no clue who Eugene Tooms is - but kudos on the reference.

Where do you think I got my screen name?

"You didn't really think that'd fool anyone did you? Mf Luder? Come on."

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A lot of people on here know NOTHING about the military or how it works all they know is stuff they read on these conspiracy websites... and some of it is true, some of it is half truths, and some of is just rediculous... but a lot of people on these sites buy into ALL this stuff.

Also the way some of you talk about soldiers it makes me SICK to my stomach. I had a brother that died in iraq and 2 friends and when people say that kidna stuff i feel as if they are #ting on my brother and friends. its disgusting. dont speak if you dont know what you are talking about and all your info is from conspiracy sites and you dont even know any real soldiers (im into conspiracies and stuff too, but i dont buy into all of it like some of you, and im not paranoid as hell).

jeas

[edit on 20-6-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know you can look at this from the other side of the coin.Tell me of one organization,company,...gonvernment,local,state or fed..the church and all religious branches that do not have there own personal agenda.Now with that said not every one is going to agree with this?The military is a must have with out it we would be vulnerable to every country in the world.Now we dont allways agree with political leader or presidents that are not very popular...but for the ones in the military they may not agree with it either...but they made a oath and there word and will fufill it . Selflessness....not just about one individual...Just say a poor kid from Baltimore growing up in a rough environment joins one of the branches.He will gain a multitude virtues... and 9 times out to 10 will be successful in life.....ALL Great Things are Simple,and Maybe Expressed in Single Words:Freedom,Justice,Honor,Mercy,Hope. Sir Winston Churchill

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusBorba
What's really shamefull about all this is that they still try to defend the american military institution like it's a necessary one.

Yeah ok let's just forget the last 60 years of torture and genocide in the name of freedom and democracy sponsored by your military in the Central and South America, the SoA is responsible for that. IThe School was "closed" in 2000, just changed names of course. The irony is that the same torture techs used here are being used in Iraqui prisons, just a coincedence of course.
Let's forget Vietnam and the 3 million vietnamese that died there, because of a false flag attack, and the fact that you had to fight communism and all that bs, now the new buggyman is terrorism.

The mere fact that you people prey on the confused and troubled adolescents (most of them are) and recruit these teenagers to be a part of such a rotten and evil institution make you as guilty as the bankers and corporations who profit from this chaos.

I read all the posts and the same insane defenses for genocide and psychopatic behavior never fail to show up, you know the "you should never bash the soldiers" #, if you "choose" to join and be part of the problem be prepared to receive criticism and not just congratulations on a "job" well done. Don't let the patriotic bull# cloud your reasoning.

Like Krystie said, the strawman arguments (the beating next door #ty one), are a pathetic attempt to turn this discussion around and never adress the true issue, you know, the one that everybody involved in this, from the recruiters to the ones firing guns at iraq are a part of the engine of death and destruction being used to secure the interests of the big corporations profitting from war and resources exploration in third world countries, money and power is what this is about.

And don't come with the bull# that the teens can think for themselves and all that, just watch a movie called "The Wave" (the 1982 or the new german one called "Die Welle", based on a real experiment btw in your country), to see how malleable and easy to manipulate a teenager mind is, espeacilly one that is hopeless and have no clue about his future. Someone here already said this, there are towns in the US for farming soldiers, usually the ones with more economic and social problems. Since the big corporations need the army they create these situations.

An army for self defense is perfectly acceptable, but that is not what you have, you have one bloated monster to maintain the status quo of the elite around the world (and not just the american elite).

[edit on 19-6-2009 by JesusBorba]

[edit on 19-6-2009 by JesusBorba]

Without the military the states would be destroyed ultra fast.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I just added you to my friends.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Unfortunately a lot of people who would call themselves "intelligent" here will probably come and post about what they think is right and wrong about the war over there and a load of other crap generated from their political beliefs and the "news" they get at home on their sofas.

I was over there twice and lost good friends.

If you need someone to talk to - shoot me a message.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join