It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Unemployed?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You might be better off leaving out jobs you were not at for long...if they ask about a long term time of unemployement, you could just say you had a sick mother or something

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
GOOD NEWS! You can take me off this list because I got a job! I just got the call back. I am now a McPloyee WOOHOO!!!!!

This has been the longest stint of unemployment I have EVER had and it is finally over even if the job is flipping burgers... It is a freaking job!

AMEN!

I am so very happy to read that for you! Congratulations and don't take that "little" job for granted.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Congratulations to you as well!

I have read every single post in this thread and I'm really pulling for everyone that's having a hard time. Good luck to us all.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

There is my list from before, but doubt you will do much curb painting
around there.

You can make some money fixing fence line as a starter til you
can save up for a truck and some tools.

Some farmers and ranchers have problems will wild dogs and
coyotes killing their livestock, etc etc. If you don't mind killing
these animals they often pay per head on them.

A wounded rabbit tape is almost irresistible to them.

A Ruger 10/22 and you are in business.

In the country you might learn how to weld and offer to make pipe fence.

Get in touch will any of the oil field ppl and track down any casing pipe
that will not pass pressure test or tuboscope x-ray testing.

They sell it below scrap rates if you come pick it up so they they
don't have to pay to load it and truck it.

Sucker rod might be harder to come by, but you may find some.

You start putting up pipe fence for high dollar horse owners and
paint it with aircraft paint, you are in business forever.

Those ppl love their million dollar ponies.

Also if you can work a backhoe, tractor, or bulldozer there is money
in that too.

Repairing private roads, building ponds, removing stumps, etc etc.

Leave some cards at the local mills.

You got to think of what problems the locals have to deal with.

Leave a flyer at the local churches if they will let you.

Leave a flyer at the local mills if they will let you.

Leave a flyer at the local grocery stores if they will let you.

Get an one liner ad in the local phone book.

Again, it won't be easy, but work is there, you may make some
enemies though if you undercut locals.

Good Luck !

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yes for a month. I have a large skillset. The few jobs posted i never get any response

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Spartak_FL

I had over 250 resumes out and got two call backs. One got hired and the job fell through because the truck burned to the ground and then the one I just got. I hope this one does not go the way of the last one!!LOL Don't give up.Keep knocking on doors and calling your friends. You never know where the next good job comes from!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
thanks i am not knocking on any doors tho

Indeed.com is an awesome resources for all jobs in your area. Its a meta-search engine

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm not unemployed - yet. The company I work for was bought out from another company and has pretty much let everyone go except for a select few of us that work in accounting tying up some loose ends. I was told that my last day here will be September 1st. There will be no call-backs. The present company headquarters is located in Seattle and I'm in central Illinois. So no relocation.
There is a catch in this. In order to receive my severence pay (equal to one month's salary), I cannot leave the company until my very last day. So job searching is proving a little hard because if I find something, they want me NOW - they aren't going to wait another month and a half. So here is hoping that I find something at the right time after I am laid off.

grr

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I am not unemployed, it's just that I am used to working 2, 3, and 4 jobs simultaneously.

So, my cell phone has been shut off, due to non-payment.

So, my cable/cable-internet has been shut off, due to non-payment.

So, my electricity has been shut off, due to non-payment.

So, my rent is 16 days late, and due to non-payment, I am dumping my stuff into storage and going to be living out of my car within the next week or so.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

That is okay, while I was working a lot more, between downtime, I found time to invesitgate the entire system of corruption of the Federal Reserve, and just now posted the thread above today, while checking my e-mails at the public library.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

I worked for a company called Racal NCS years ago that offered 13% matching on a company pension and 13% on 401K but then again they went out of business years later. Now I make more money but no matching for 401k but thats ok because 401k is a scam anyway and the damn bankers cleaned mine out already. So just because You doubt He is working a job with two pension plans doesn't make him a liar its just jobs like that are rare...

Another point I work in the offshore industry as a marine surveyor and my job has a high turn over rate. The reason it has a high turn over rate is well I have been away from my family for 11 weeks now with one week to go. I usually spend 9 months a year offshore and 3 months with my family. So just because it has a high turn over rate doesn't mean the management sucks it might mean that the job is a lot harder than Your run of the mill 40 hour a week job. I know for a fact that that is the case sometimes because my management is totally awesome but then again I perform the way that is expected so I get treated great.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Being a Christian, Jew, Communist, Republican, Democrat, Asian, American, Mexican, German, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Ethiopian, Japanese, whatever, will NEVER change who a person really is.

That man didn't make his decision from the word of god, but on his own.

Now, it is your life and you need to pick it up. It is okay to cry and remember the bad times, but moving on is something we all have to do.

I have made some very wrong decisions in my life, that have hurt family, friends, peers, and myself.

Take the bad and make it good. That is a power all humans must find within themselves. MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER. No one else will do that for you. NO. ONE. You get to choose.

Yes I agree I once had a girl tell Me that God told Her that She would be my wife. I heard someone tell me a year later they seen Her getting it on with a guy in the Taco Bell parking lot... So as far as I am concerned that was Her opinion and I didn't share it. Now I have a family and other than being gone 9 months a year due to work I am really happy because I understand that families take lots of sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I work in the offshore oil industry. At the beginning of the year I had no work for 3.5 months. I was extremely worried to say the least and some of my bills were paid late trying to juggle the loss in income. I finally went back to work and haven't seen my house in almost three months. I don't really want to go home because I don't know when my last check will come in. The dems totally screwed the offshore oil industry because they told the oil companies that there will be no new construction. So these people are now laid off because of the government which really sucks. I am kind of blessed because I am still working on removing old platforms but when that work is done I'll probably have to go to some crap hole like africa just to feed my family. So I could be next on the chopping block and its not a good thought. My GF has finally seen the light though and is finally saving money instead of blowing it so hopefully I'll have a pretty good nest egg in about 2 years.

I was talking to a friend out here the other day and He gave me a great idea. He said He paid a man 2100 dollars to spray styrofoam inside his attic for insulation. I don't think it would take a lot of money to start a business like this up and it might be a good idea for someone needing money especially when the dems pass the cap and trade taxes. He told me after it was done his attic is 8 degrees hotter than his house where as mine is like 30 degrees. So this right there is awesome because it will save home owners a fortune in the long run and isn't a expensive upgrade to save energy.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I am not unemployed, it's just that I am used to working 2, 3, and 4 jobs simultaneously.

So, my cell phone has been shut off, due to non-payment.

So, my cable/cable-internet has been shut off, due to non-payment.

So, my electricity has been shut off, due to non-payment.

So, my rent is 16 days late, and due to non-payment, I am dumping my stuff into storage and going to be living out of my car within the next week or so.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

That is okay, while I was working a lot more, between downtime, I found time to invesitgate the entire system of corruption of the Federal Reserve, and just now posted the thread above today, while checking my e-mails at the public library.

so you have one job but it's not enough to pay rent........are you going to try to save money and then find some cheaper place on craig's list or something in a few weeks

usually you can find someone splitting rent somewhere for around 350$ a month if that helps.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

AND

reply to post by Ex_MislTech

You asked what did I do previously. Before this was a manager of a Fudgery store. Just google it or look for videos on the net. The Fudgery is an international corporation that is small but growing. They make fudge and sing and dance while they do it. The job also involves high pressure sales techniques to get people to buy more fudge than they really wanted too. Mind you the Fudge was priced at 7 dollars a slice, Buy three get one free by more and I'll give you more free. LOL... It was a great job...but their were issues...

My district manager would not be honest with me, denied me profit bonuses when I as the book keeper knew how much money we earned. Their were a laundry list of issues but those main two... A lack of honesty and denying me my bonus when I knew how much I had earned. If I am gonna work 70-75 hours a week often with no day off then I will not be screwed.

Ace the company owner thinks alot of Kim my District... I thought alot of her too...but she seems to promise more than what she was willing to deliver on quite often.. and that deception BS was just way to much for me to accept.

Before that I worked a firework stand for one season.

Before that I worked at Fox den Pizza for a little while as shift manager.

Before that I worked at Mg building materials... I started off in the warehouse there...I talked the boss into letting me write their radio ads for awhile... eventually got promoted to salesman.

Before that I ran my own Massage Therapy shop from an indoor flea market. I have a technical degree in Swedish massage therapy and sport massage. IT was great for a time...then the flea market brought in a LOUD mariachi band...If you know anything about massage then you know that environment was not conducive to massage.... I like to listen Tejano Music not feel it. Sigh.

And so I have been around the block and done alot.

We moved to this small town to avoid the cities. If everything goes fine and nothing goes wrong with the world then we shall be just fine.... and if hyper inflation comes and the cities implode and civil war comes we will be just fine.

Not having a job for awhile sucked but I do have a job now. 40 hours a week and not a minute more. Sometimes I work off the clock... but then again I always have. I see someone working then I am inclined to lend a hand. If you pay me for it I will stick around and lend two hands. Do my best to help build something, know what I mean.

MacDondalds is actually seriously easy work... Push a button. That is the majority of the job. Your burgers are not even flipped. I put a patty on the grill push a button and this top piece comes down and cooks your burger from both sides. All the BEEPs at MickyDs means something is done cooking or reheating. .... Mostly I'd say my job now consists of microwaving and frying. It is seriously easy. The harder aspects are dealing with the dozen shift managers each one with the authority to tell you to do something differently than the previous one Sooo Yeah the human interaction can be...challenging but nothing I can't deal with. At the end of the day I am not in charge of anything and I like it that way now. Being the responsible leader is for the birds LOL. The pay will cover all of my bills and the work is light.

And I am no longer unemployed WOOHOO!

[edit on 19-7-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

I think you should have continued reading the thread before posting, that usually clears up many late post misconceptions

ps
Titorite:
hows the job going for you, I jut talked to my Corp IT department, and I am to go back to work in August as a new management system is to be rolled out and i am to test it for them.......YIPEEEE

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
lost 2 homes, and a business...sound like i got hit?

its all good though...i learned a lot of lessons and im only 24...

im already making more money than i was when i was in the military...

still have to declare bankrupcy though...any bankrupcy attorneys up in here?...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join