It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Unemployed?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

thanks heatburger. another interesting option . cool.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Interesting.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Apollumi]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've been unemployed for a week and since then I been putting in countless resumes to places I worked at in high school. I spent the last two years working in welding shops making a decent wage. Just before I was laid off I put in a transfer request form to go work in a camp up in Fort Mac and no this not a labour camp

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Me, almost 6 months now. I live in LA and both the governor and mayor seem to be doing everything they can to make the situation worse.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Me, almost 6 months now. I live in LA and both the governor and mayor seem to be doing everything they can to make the situation worse.

What do you mean? I do not keep up much with that part of the country- except for my vacation time

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Been out of work since April of 2007. Can only find short term part time and have over two hundred resumes out and two head hunter agencies and not one single interview! I guess I've picked the wrong job skills over the years. Having worked for 45 years at many different professions it irks me that my age is one of the bad qualifiers for employment. Being over qualified sucks!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
After six months and applying at every place in town and a few near surrounding towns I am going on my second interview for a job.

McDondalds.

I never thought I would be so happy about the opportunity to go work for them.

It is as I said back on page one. I would scrub portajohns with a toothbrush if it meant steady work. Say a prayer for me yall.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
how's this for a twist, where we currently live the UE rate is just around 10.6. We are about to move due to a job transfer to an area with a 13.5.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
GOOD NEWS! You can take me off this list because I got a job! I just got the call back. I am now a McPloyee WOOHOO!!!!!

This has been the longest stint of unemployment I have EVER had and it is finally over even if the job is flipping burgers... It is a freaking job!

AMEN!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
GOOD NEWS! You can take me off this list because I got a job! I just got the call back. I am now a McPloyee WOOHOO!!!!!

This has been the longest stint of unemployment I have EVER had and it is finally over even if the job is flipping burgers... It is a freaking job!

AMEN!

Star for you my man!

While working it might suck, the pay and time off will make your life x10 better...

Nice to know you got hired. Even if it is just a job flipping burgers, I give you more respect than probably about half the country.

Why?

While you are happy that you have a job, some are so ungrateful and moan all the time about theirs.

People think work includes 4 hour breaks on a 5 hour shift.

I forgot if you already said. but what did you previously do - that is if you do not care to share.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

AMEN!

Congradulations

I am very happy for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have been unemployed off and on since what happened a year ago today that led to my losing my steady job.

I worked with this man whom I thought was my best friend and my boyfriend. I thought I had found a dad for my daughter as well. I remember he had bought her a birthday card and he looked into my eyes and told me he had never had a daughter before and seemed happy. I thought so at the time anyway.

Then a few weeks later at work he was telling me that he had found favor with God and that this woman he had met on the internet dating site three weeks ago was the one for him and that God told him while he was at church the day before. I felt stunned, like I had been kicked in the stomach, and I involuntarily started crying as I sat there just staring at him, speechless. He enjoyed seeing me crying, smiling and gloating over me. He asked me "why are you crying?" and I'm still trying to compose myself. I just managed to get out "I am not feeling well" and he was grinning big time and asked me "why are you lying?" Then he sat down across from me and called her right in front of me and ignored me. He did this in front of everybody, in a crowded breakroom at Wal-mart. I was devastated and still stunned, but I gathered my things and left.

I just wanted to go home so bad. I ended up in the bathroom, just crying. I called my mom and told her what happened. I was really not with it at that point. I wanted to go home.

I ended up quitting. After I calmed down, I wanted to take it back, but management would not let me. I have had trouble getting a permanent job ever since. Today has been really depressing for me. Anniversary of very bad day. Worst day of my life.

I went on job interviews over the next month or two and it was so bad I would just keep crying. I would hear something that would remind me of him, and would cry.

We had Bible study for about five/six months. I would read something in the Bible that reminded me of him and would bawl. I ended up not reading the Bible anymore. It hurt too bad.

He went around telling people after he dumped me that I was crazy, that the entire relationship had been plutonic, and that I was making it all up. I had to keep looking at emails he sent me to remind me that I didn't imagine the whole thing. He had told me so many things. I now think he did it on purpose to get some sick kick out of hurting a woman. I keep remembering how he enjoyed making me cry that day. Why would someone want to do that to someone else? I just do not understand.

I ended up going back to college to finish my master's degree. I just need one class and a thesis. I've been trying to give myself time to heal. He had been such a part of my life that I shared everything with him. For a long time something would happen and I'd instinctively think to tell him, but then I'd remember we weren't speaking anymore and what happened. It's been really hard.

The few jobs I did work at since what happened, something would remind me of him and I'd start crying. I had thought we might get married even. Knowing that he did all of that for a gag, and that the most wonderful time of my life was a sick lie, has been really hard for me to cope with. I had never even fallen in love before.

Now when a Christian talks around me and starts saying things he did, I cringe and expect them to hurt me. I am a Christian now having trouble talking to other Christians. The word of God sometimes brings me intense pain because I just remember him when Christians talk about God now. I have been so messed up by the experience that I do not even know who I am anymore or even what I want to do with my life. I go to Christians for advice and they quote scripture and it hurts me instead of comforts me. I go to non-Christians for advice and they say stuff against Christianity and that hurts too, because I still believe in Jesus. I just don't trust many Christians right now. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel alone and empty.

I hope everyone the best in finding employment.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Congrats, and great outlook as well.

I'll hopefully be back at work in a month. As per my contract.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have a good job in real estate development, but a few months ago several of us got cut down to a 4 day work week. I have a couple of big projects that will be wrapped up by the end of the summer and at that point I expect to be laid off. I am trying hard to find another job before this happens, but the state I live in is an economic dead zone. I have two kids in college, so I can't afford to be unemployed for very long.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I really don't understand it...I mean the job market is open as heck there are at least 50 new jobs a day being put up on several sites; all the ones I am experienced in, I have put in for, still no call backs. Even my SO who has a job is having trouble getting his paycheck because his boss isn't getting the money he's supposed to get. How do you hire someone to do a job and then not pay them is beyond me. And not getting a call back at all when all these places post that they're hiring and I have been in the field for 15 to 20 yrs(retail) or 5plus years (house cleaning/commercial cleaning) And they say they want experience, so why do they not contact you when you apply? This comiong from somebody who had six jobs in the three years, (Yeah And I left those jobs for personal reasons); I have lived down here. Some of them in feilds I never had any experience in. Something is definately amiss. Although I'm at a loss as to what that is exactly. Or maybe I am deemed unreliable for leaving those jobs? But, there was good reason. However I guess if they say you quit it don't fair well for them when they call your previous employer? I also know someone who is working two jobs But they have left their prior job several times. I don't know I really don't.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i am currently employed but working few hours...

i had hours cut back to zip in another job that i worked (sports related gym for kids) and then the business closed down in the last week

i work as a personal trainer in a very wealthy area........this time of year they all head up to NY.....ok not all but 80% plus at the club i work at

should the stock market crap out in the fall (like i think it may) i think the personal training market will find the rug pulled out from under it in SFL ....as many more people may just say enough is enough? most are old and wealthy but they will cut back...and you maybe surpised how many people actually have this job in the area.

I have been a bit lazy this summer in regards to finding more work....i dunno if i could.......i have been trying to get my friends to tell me how they made 100,000's (NO LIE) on google AD words...over past 18 months....but they won't share the "trick" they say they use to literally make silly money on it......

one old women that i do train at her house is a sweet heart and told me she will get me an interview when her son and grandson open a new business this fall......the son was on the forbes richest american's list...and the Grandson is about to be named VP at a major bank (no joke)....i got intrested in finance for no apparent reason two years ago and i speak to the women about it often.....but i seriously think it would be a miracle to get hired by her grandson/son.....but hey it's worth a shot.....she says the Grandson will be leaving the bank soon (he's sick of it) and her son is coming out of retirement to help him start it up and do something that they can still do somewhat respectable work in the field of finance....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Dood, I have read your posts, you have a brain.

Start your own business, just go over what you can do, or what
you think you can learn and look around at what other ppl are
making money at doing.

Networking is crucial, and if you are well know and respected
by a large number of ppl get the word out thru them first.

Incorporate for $50, load up quicken, and get a book keeper
that ppl in your area respect.

My brother bills $40 an hour doing lawn work and landscaping for
rich ppl in a small upper class town just outside the city.

My cousin does tree work and makes about the same.

One of my uncles does shade tree mechanic work.

I know a kid that rides around on a bike with cans of spray paint
and a template and paints house numbers on ppls curbs.

My friend went and tossed newspapers on top of a part time job
til he landed a good job.

Another friend posted odd jobs handyman work on craigslist and
now its damn near a full time job for him.

A former co-worker who did server support for Dell is now doing
satellite TV installs as a independent contractor, and the local
cable co. is running ads looking for ppl as well.

You can dig up some work man, you just may have 2 -3 part time
gigs til you get a full time one.

The good thing about part time gigs is if one flops the other keep
your head above water.

You might try being a local ebay reseller for ppl that are not
computer savvy.

Every county seat should also have a non-competitive jobs list
that you can sign up for as well.

Good Luck !

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I'd work something at least part time, maybe even your
own part time business just for summer like lawn care.

Start out with ppl you know, and tell them it is for college,
that usually gets a few ppl to want to help you thru college.

Play that sympathy card, lol.

Then do a damn good job, and do 10% more than they expect.

Once the neighbor see the yard next to theirs looking good
they may hire you to theirs, and that is just about how my
brother's lawn care business got started and he brings in
over 60k a year net now.

Thou your assessment of college being the key to a brighter
future is likely dead on if in the right field.

Focus on something in government that takes money from
the working class, that seems to get trillions these days.

LOL

Good Luck !

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Being a Christian, Jew, Communist, Republican, Democrat, Asian, American, Mexican, German, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Ethiopian, Japanese, whatever, will NEVER change who a person really is.

That man didn't make his decision from the word of god, but on his own.

Now, it is your life and you need to pick it up. It is okay to cry and remember the bad times, but moving on is something we all have to do.

I have made some very wrong decisions in my life, that have hurt family, friends, peers, and myself.

Take the bad and make it good. That is a power all humans must find within themselves. MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER. No one else will do that for you. NO. ONE. You get to choose.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can't believe this. After 15 months of no options for a job, I get hired TODAY !!
An old acquaintance called me last night to come see him and he hired me in 5 minutes. I'm doing the happy dance every ten minutes!!!
!!!
I start Monday morning!!!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join