It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76da1c0131b8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e0aa78ae209.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c6407cbb76e.jpg[/atsimg]

Interesting.

Apparently, its always been known where it is ?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Neither do I, but I wonder if there's anyway we could get congress to watch?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
www.zenit.org...

G-8'S RELIGIOUS LEADERS LOOK AT UNDERLYING "POWER"

Parallel Summit Considers Different Dimension of Same Problems

ROME, JUNE 16, 2009 (Zenit.org).- Leading up to the Group of Eight meeting next month in Italy, religious leaders from the eight nations have started their own summit to consider religious dimensions of the same problems to be considered by the G-8.

The July 8-10 G-8 meeting will be held in L'Aquila, Italy. The religious leaders started their own fourth conference today in Rome; it is becoming customary to hold a parallel religious summit to the G-8 meeting.

The more than 80 religious leaders aim to produce a summary document and proposals to present to the host country and the political assembly.

His Beatitude Abuna Paulos, patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, was to inaugurate the event. Other participants include Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, president of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue; Andrea Riccardi, founder of the Sant'Egidio Community; His Beatitude Aram I, catholicos of Cilicia of the Armenians; the former chief rabbi of the Israeli defense forces, Mordechai Piron; the grand mufti of Sarajevo, Mustafa Ceric; and the president of the Japanese lay Buddhist movement Risshō Kōsei Kai, Nichiko Niwano.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

[edit on 6/18/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
well...if its real, im not too surprised its in ethiopia.

but i doubt it is authentic.

and how could you even know?
i guess you could do scientific testing on it, but that i dont know if testing will be allowed to be done on it for a while

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It has been speculated for years that it has been in this little church in ethiopia. The history channel did a documentary about it a few years ago.

The easiest way to see if its real is if the 10 commandments is in it. After all the convenant is where it was held in.

No commandents, then no convenant.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I believe the real one is supposed to be incredibly bright. Or it holds some light of some kind. Because the "Keepes" go blind.

I've seen a documentary on that about the blindness - I'm looking for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I got my doubts on this , really i have, this is a late aprils fools joke,

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

and how could you even know?

Let some poor sod try and touch it.

If it's the real they'll do a little internal combustion dance and *poof* be gone...

EDIT: You can watch the whole 41 minute video here

[edit on 18-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well I suppose they could have removed the tablets. In which case you may just have a box. But it doesn't seem like that.

It doesn't make sense to call it an "arc" if it's just a box.

An arc and an arch "spans space" and can support weight.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
well...even if it has stone tablets with the commandments on it, the only way to make sure that those werent forged would be with testing, which still may not be allowed at first if at all

and if you need someone to touch it, i volunteer. i have always wanted to get instantly vaporized or whatever.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Or maybe through on of those pin-hole things you view an eclipse with. ;-)

Doesn't radioactivity cause eye problems?

Very interested in this one!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

here's mention of the blindness. But I'm still looking for the one where you meet the Keeper and yes, he's gone blind. But he's very happy about it. He says it's a privilege to be able to look upon God, and he's not surprised he went blind.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

here's mention of the blindness. But I'm still looking for the one where you meet the Keeper and yes, he's gone blind. But he's very happy about it. He says it's a privilege to be able to look upon God, and he's not surprised he went blind.

i thought looking upon god killed you

(unless he shows you his backside)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I wonder if they plan to unveil on the Summer Solstice?

It's about the right date - it sounds like.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow. I cannot believe this.
I was way into the Ark of the Covenant after seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark, and did some research, and it sounded like the priest didn't want anyone ever seeing it for some reason, he said he was the only one who could... makes you wonder what made him change his mind?

I don't think anyone would want to watch it unveiled on TV Indiana Jones probably scared too many people.

Oh it would be pretty easy to tell if it's authentic. There are drawings (yes Indiana Jones actually had it partially right), dimensions, and material descriptions written in the bible. Plus they could easily carbon date it and tell if it is the original by seeing if it's as old as Ramses II from ancient Egypt (he is supposedly the pharaoh the bible speaks of). I don't think the replica's were made until a few centuries after they had the ark. Plus it is supposed to have some power...

Is this source credible?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Explosions. Heads melting.

Time for Panic-Sex?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If it is the real one, well its just as good as Aliens coming down and say "Hey whats up peoples." I would seriously [*SNIP*] myself. Its crazy, but still the only way I think it could be real is if it had the Commandments in it. But its pretty damn earth shattering, I mean every was talking about all these things happening this year, could this be one of them? And if it is found to be real, there will be a $HIT ton of wars over it, I can guarantee that it would happen, all the fanaticals will be all over that thing. But hey then we can really crush the muslims at that point

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sounds like a really big revelation of an historic artifact. Funny how this doesn't make the news. Really funny.... I have to say I get more interesting news on this site than I ever got on TV or printed matter.

Of course, some of the ATS stuff is bull****, but there's a lot of great stuff, like this. S & F!! Thanks to the OP!

Note: the real Ark has three things inside:

1. The unbroken tablets of stone of the Ten Commandments
2. The jar containing some of the manna from heaven that was eaten by the Hebrews when traveling through the wilderness for 40 years after leaving Egypt with Moses.
3. The rod of Aaron that was dead, then overnight budded and produced almonds in the court of the Pharaoh.

These three symbols in the Ark were testimonies of Jesus to come. The Ark was made of acacia wood, a tree that lives only about 30 years. The wood symbolized the human body of Christ. The Ark was lined with gold, and covered with gold outside. These symbolized the eternal pure untarnished nature of God. Jesus was man and God. Inside, the unbroken tablets of the law symbolized Christ not breaking the laws. Remember, the broken tablets were a result of Moses throwing them at the Hebrews. Man breaks the law, Jesus (God) does not. The manna represents Jesus as the word of God coming down from heaven (Jesus was born in Bethlehem, which means House of Bread) and He said "I am that manna..". The rod of Aaron represents the resurrection of Jesus Christ. What was living became dead, then was given life again and bore fruit. If these items are not in the Ark, it is not the real Ark or it has been violated by mankind.

I, for one, don't want it tested. Science made mistakes testing the shroud of Turin, and told the world it was fake. They were wrong, and it's been proven to be real since then. Heard about it? Probably not. First press gets the people the information, later corrections seem to never make it to the people.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
reply to post by jd140

An arc and an arch "spans space" and can support weight.

i think ark in this sense doesnt mean that

The Hebrew word aron is used in the Bible to refer to any type of ark, chest or coffer, for any purpose

ARK = ARON which in hebrew i believe means synagogue

i think Ark of the Covenant = אָרוֹן הָבְרִית‎ = Ārōn Hāb’rīt or synagogue of the covenant

anyways nice find ill be keeping an eye out for this story

[edit on 18-6-2009 by constantwonder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join