It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have known of this story for a long time and often wondered if it were true. It is very intriguing to say the least that there is the possibility the ark of the covenant still exists. I have seen a few stories done on this and i am of mixed feelings about it.

Some say the ark was not made of solid gold but rather of wood overlayed in gold as this would have been the most common materials available to the jews of that time. A item made of wood most certainly would not have survived the centuries. Of course if you are to believe the magical properties the ark holds as having the ability to level cities and mountains and such then who knows i suppose it could survive anything.

If the ark truly was taken by Menelek to ethiopia and has been there all this time then i agree that Israel is going to want it back. It has long been held as a theory that one of the signs of the end times will be the rebuilding of the Temple and the return of the ark to it.

Keep in mind the ark was never allowed to be looked upon but by certain people and even the area it was kept in was not allowed to be entered by gentiles. No it will most certainly NOT be allowed to be tested by anyone except someone from the jewish community in israel who can qualify it as authentic. It wont go through a media circus and be paraded around on TV. It was and will be kept hidden and away from prying eyes.

I doubt you will hear anymore on this seriously except what people have been hearing forever and thats more theories and speculations based upon the shroud of mystery always surrounding it. I do agree with something i read online called the sign and the seal where the author states that it is odd that the ark just came up missing without so much as a song or lamentation from the jewish people in writting as to its dissapearance. That is extremely odd to me and i had never before thought of it this way. The jews have tons of stories concerning their history such as their captivity in babylon and the destruction of jerusalem at the hands of invaders etc etc yet there is nothing more ever written about the greatest religious artifact to them they ever had. Thats really odd.

Seems to me to be a conspiracy here somewhere lol

[edit on 18-6-2009 by fizzy1]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89

Oh it would be pretty easy to tell if it's authentic. There are drawings (yes Indiana Jones actually had it right), dimensions, and material descriptions written in the bible. Plus they could easily carbon date it and tell if it is the original by seeing if it's as old as Ramses II from ancient Egypt (he is supposedly the pharaoh the bible speaks of). I don't think the replica's were made until a few centuries after they had the ark. Plus it is supposed to have some power...

so its authentic if the dimensions match the ones given in the most sold book in the world? lol

(not trying to be a jerk
)

and i agree with carbon dating and other testing to prove it, but as i said before getting the ability to test is what im doubting. also people may just disregard the outcome like many do with the results of the shroud of turin.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

so its authentic if the dimensions match the ones given in the most sold book in the world? lol

(not trying to be a jerk
)

and i agree with carbon dating and other testing to prove it, but as i said before getting the ability to test is what im doubting. also people may just disregard the outcome like many do with the results of the shroud of turin.

Truth is there would probobly be jewish mystics who would certify it as real or not real and it would not be solely based upon descriptions from the bible. The Torah was around long before the bible. I doubt they are going to go to the nearest motel and crack open a king jame bible and go YEP this is the Ark it says so right here.

The most learned and trusted jewish scholars would be used as well as if it really does have any power then it will be known and dont forget that the REAL ark of the covenant for the jews is gods power on earth and as such God is not removed from this equation. If it happens that it really does come about then it will be his will. Those who do not believe in the Jewish god will like always disregard anything dealing with him or his people.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It certainly is odd that they chose to show this at these times we live on.

Somewhat inside tells me it is not for a good reason at all. And I am not religious. I rather believe it is linked to ancient technology.

Why disclose it NOW of all times?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Yeah I agree it would probably be a Jewish scholar going through the details from the Old Testament, Torah, whichever. My guess is if they really are unveiling it they will have to go through choosing a respected Scholar and Scientist to determine authenticity and then the political mess with Israel. Prior to unveiling it of course, then they will have to have hired guards and Lord knows how people will react to this.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
First off, I call shenannigans on the story.

reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Carbon dating won't do much good if there's no organic material to test. If it's a solid gold or something, carbon dating would be worthless. Perhaps the wooden shafts used to carry it, if they're still around, but I doubt it. Of course, that would only prove that the poles are that old... not the container itself or it's contents. Perhaps something like U-Pb zircon dating, though I'm not really familiar with that dating method and it might not apply.

Whatever the case - I hope they do present something, and offer it up to scrutiny. Either it'll be revealed as a fraud or a replica - with many lulz to follow from the religious community... or it'll fry someone's face off. Either way, it should be a good time. If it does shoot lightning and magic death rays - I say we hook that bastard up to a generator and use it to help solve the energy crisis with divine energy.

Also... lol... it supposedly contain the tablets with the 10 commandments on them, and it shoots fire and death at anyone who touches/looks at/opens it. That's the hardcore OT god for ya right there. The ultimate "pain box".

Ohh! Ohh! Here's a fantas... er.. conspiracy theory for you guys. The entire Abrahamic religion is false. The Ark is really Pandora's Box - into which one of it's original and most powerful evils was sealed by it's other occupant.. hope... Jesus Christ. The whole Jewish/Christian/Islamic trinity is just a sham to mischaracterize "Hope" and re-open Pandora's Box... letting the pain and blinding light and fire a wrathful OT god/demon out among the world once again as he was in old days of sanctified genocide, rape, slavery, incest, oppression, and genital mutilation.

THATS the reason he doesn't appear to exist! He's evil and has been trapped in a box for the last 2,000 years!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

Why disclose it NOW of all times?

Because Church attendance is falling sharply and they don't really have the whole "Shroud of Turin" thing going for them anymore as evidence to give the impression that it's not all just made up?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Serioulsy if thats the real Ark, well its suposed to be have a radiation around it allso, and i dont see ppl drop dead around there? so im more for that its a joke,

well ive never been interested in the religion so i know only what has been said about it, but i doubt thats the real thing

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
the ark doesnt need to be a mystery. Lets put two and two together.

We have energy capacitance through geometry, remember tesla? Well if Pi is encoded and the right metals are used, And it is stored in a place with high electrostatic discharges, it would resonate a capacitating charge. Now the pyramids are similar as well in this regard.

dont cross the streams egan.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If the arc is found then it will be the most significant find of our generation. Please update with new information

Thank you for posting!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

and how could you even know?

Let some poor sod try and touch it.

If it's the real they'll do a little internal combustion dance and *poof* be gone...

EDIT: You can watch the whole 41 minute video here

[edit on 18-6-2009 by silo13]

That's the stuff right there!!! Just let someone other than a Levite priest touch it and you will know if it is for real....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There was a programme on UK tv a while ago that claimed the Ark of the Covenant was a DRUM, used to bring the people together , used as a focal point, there apparently had been many arks , as the drum wore out and was replaced.

Still a cool concept though. having a focal point for the people to believe in, bit like the ark of the covenant we have today , its called TV.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The bible seems to indicate that the Ark was designed to hold a powerful artifact called the Tetragrammaton - which the Jews will tell you simply means the four letter name of God. I think it more likely that the Tetragrammaton is in fact an alien artifact.

While the Ark itself may be revealed - I doubt the alien artifact inside will still be there. It supposedly allowed communication with 'the Most High' (the boss of the Gods) - and also could be used to divide water and other nifty applications.

If the Ark is revealed and the artifact IS inside - then we are likely to make contact with those who crafted mankind 'from the dust of the Earth'.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Rome - The Orthodox Patriarch, Abuno Paulos, wants to reveal the millennial
secret, and in an exclusive interview with Adnkronos said, "The time is
ripe to tell the truth." A museum for the sacred symbol will be built in
Axum.

This was said in an exclusive interview with Adnkronos, visible on the web
site _www.adnkronos.com_ (www.adnkronos.com...) , by the Patriarch of
the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, Abuna Paulos, in Italy for a "G8 of
religions," who tomorrow will meet for the first time with Pope Benedict XVI, to
whom, "if he asks," continued the Patriarch, "I will tell all of the entire
situation regarding the Ark of the Covenant."

www.adnkronos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

......but only if he asks....lol

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
also people may just disregard the outcome like many do with the results of the shroud of turin.

Turns out the Shroud of Turin is authentic. The father of Carbon dating even testified that the results were wrong. He ought to know. Looks like we have the true image of Jesus Christ after all. Now, on to the Ark of the Covenant, and maybe the Ark of Noah, too, soon if we keep losing all the snow on the mountaintops.... Who knows? Maybe we are in the end times....as the Bible says it is a time for the "restoration of all things."

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
The bible seems to indicate that the Ark was designed to hold a powerful artifact called the Tetragrammaton - which the Jews will tell you simply means the four letter name of God. I think it more likely that the Tetragrammaton is in fact an alien artifact.
[edit on 18-6-2009 by Amagnon]

The Ark contained three things: the unbroken copy of the ten commandments tablets, the jar of manna, and the rod of Aaron (see earlier post). Nothing more. The voice of God was supposed to come from between the wings of the statues over the mercy seat of the ark. The wings stretched over the backs of the statues and nearly touched over the mercy seat. Wouldn't that look nice in beaten gold, feathers and such? With some of the best goldsmiths of Egypt building the ark, it has to be impressive...

The Ark was said to part the Jordan River when carried by the Levite priests. I suppose a true test would be to take it to a river and see if it parts. Have some TV crews there, too, please. However, I would not think it wise to "test" God. It doesn't make him very happy....look for serious consequences. In the Old Testament, 50,000 people died when the Ark was opened by an enemy that captured it. I suppose, in today's world, proportionately, millions should die for violating it's sanctity....don't you think? That being said, the Ark was a symbol of Jesus to come, and now that is has played it's role, it is merely an artifact.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

I can't read the article in the link.. but looking at what was said,

...the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia, Abuna Paulos, in Italy for a "G8 of religions," who tomorrow will meet for the first time with Pope Benedict XVI, to whom, "if he asks," continued the Patriarch, "I will tell all of the entire
situation regarding the Ark of the Covenant."

All it says is he will tell of the entire situation rgarding the Ark, not show or display it.

The recent documentary on the Ark went to that church in Ethiopia and spoke to the Patriarch who also confirmed the Ark was there - but would not allow anyone to see it. So I think they fobbed it off as a low possibility.

Can anyone translate that article? I can't find anywhere that talks about "displaying" or "showing" the Ark. Only confirming by mouth that it's there.

Which I can do as well. Cos the Ark is in my lounge at home. I use it to put my feet up when I watch, "Eastenders"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It'd be cool to find out what real cherubim look like as known in Moses' day. It didn't look like they were present on top of the fake replicas. I wonder how accurate they were when they 'duplicated' the original. That is, if they actually have the original.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My gut feeling is that when it is time for the Ark to be revealed, GOD will do it.....not some monk from Ethiopia.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join