It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong radio signal at 1420 MHZR eminating from a location off of the planet!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk
I might add that if the government was trying to cover up extra-terrestrials, wouldn't they say that it's one of their things that is making this frequency transmission?

I mean, it'd be pretty easy for them to say "uhh yeah it's this one special radio transmitter we have... we just can't tell you where it is ... or what it's for."

*shrug*

On the other hand, if it was the government trying to cover up one of their things, then I guess the response would be "Duh, I dunno." I still think the origin is somewhere on the planet.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
hey guys...

It's been about 14 hours and "Perseus" still hasn't written back.... Which is really no problem because he may simply not have checked his email since then... or he just doesn't write back to strangers.

as for the explanation posted above... does that explain the reported intensity of the 'signal'?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Getting desperate for new info.. Quite excited, yet baffled by the complete media blackout in the UK. Haven't heard of it anywhere except ATS.
Lets hope Perseus replies..

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams and minimi, did you not read what I posted ?????

Read my post again and look REAL close. You will notice DA568 (A large cluster of new born stars, mostly radiating thermal energy) happens to be located in the Arm of Perseus - The constellation of the valiant greek warrior.

Look at your "poster" - Perseus- who is posting information about this "signal". While its not a hoax, it is simply thermal radiant energy coming from a basically unknown and forgotten object called DA568.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Notice how this news comes out around the same time we have this new virus spreading through out the internet?

It's got me wondering.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There have been alot of viruses coming out on the internet for a long time... i doubt the two are connected

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Guys,

Haven't read the whole thread yet, got querstions popping in my head too fast! pffffffft Is the signal still being recorded so that it can be reviewed at certain times? For instance, if there were another event that happened at say 1200 GMT today, could you go back and tell me if the signal peaked at that time?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There have been alot of viruses coming out on the internet for a long time... i doubt the two are connected

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yeah has ANYONE else listened directly to this signal? i wanna hear from them.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

Read my post again and look REAL close. You will notice DA586 (A large cluster of new born stars, mostly radiating thermal energy) happens to be located in the Arm of Perseus - The constellation of the valiant greek warrior.

Look at your "poster" - Perseus- who is posting information about this "signal". While its not a hoax, it is simply thermal radiant energy coming from a basically unknown and forgotten object called DA586.

Now since we don't have any information about the location in the sky of this signal, you can't just assume that because his name is perseus he is automatically detecting this signal from DA586.

To me, the signal that everyone has been downloading if that is indeed the signal that this perseus fellow has detected and recorded, sounds clearly Modulated, that is, it sounds as if it contains some encoding for some form of data transfer.

I don't think that we should be jumping to conclusions until we get more information.

-Durandal

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It may have happened before...

Explanation: No one knows for sure what caused this signal. There is a slight possibility that it just might originate from an extraterrestrial intelligence.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

Read my post again and look REAL close. You will notice DA586 (A large cluster of new born stars, mostly radiating thermal energy) happens to be located in the Arm of Perseus - The constellation of the valiant greek warrior.

Look at your "poster" - Perseus- who is posting information about this "signal". While its not a hoax, it is simply thermal radiant energy coming from a basically unknown and forgotten object called DA586.

I think we need to look into this first before we go on with this dicussio. Once this is eliminated thats one less thing the feds can blame it on

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
from www.astron.nl...

Global Transmission System experiment at 1428 MHz

"Transmitting from Space: the Global Transmission Services Experiment" is the title of an article by Mr. Jens D. Schiemann in the ESA/MSM "On station" Newsletter (Number 5, March 2001) explaining the Global Transmission Service (GTS) Experiment Payload to be installed on the International Space Station, ISS. This system is intended for time service and it is planned that it will emit (space-to-Earth) using the frequencies 400.1 MHz and 1428 MHz. The system started test-operations mid-February 2002 and is now ready for full operation.

According to the ITU Radio Regulations, the band around 400.1 MHz is allocated to the international time service. The band 1427-1429 MHz, however, does no allow any use by the GTS system, as it contains no allocation to any radio communication service for space-to-Earth transmissions.

The bandwidth of the transmissions at 1428 MHz by the GTS system is 1 MHz. This could imply that the GTS system will generate unwanted emission into the band 1400-1427 MHz, one of the most important bands for radio astronomy (not to mention for ESA's own SMOS satellite), into which all emissions are explicitly prohibited by Footnote 5.340 of the ITU-R Radio Regulations.

ESA responded that it had brought the issue of the Global Transmission experiment to the attention of the Russian Space Authorities, who assigned to the experimenter the frequency of 1428 MHz, for further discussions `to avoid violation of existing treaties'.

This is an old article, and I've read that the space station was having trouble with the GTS transmissions, but they fixed something on it last month and I believe it is now operational. Unless this "Perseus" guy can say where the signal is originating, then I think it's the GTS signal.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The bandwidth of the transmissions at 1428 MHz by the GTS system is 1 MHz. This could imply that the GTS system will generate unwanted emission into the band 1400-1427 MHz, one of the most important bands for radio astronomy (not to mention for ESA's own SMOS satellite), into which all emissions are explicitly prohibited by Footnote 5.340 of the ITU-R Radio Regulations.

Posted by Worshipthemoon

the GTS is operating on 1428 with a 1 (one) Mhz Bandwidth that means it can bounce between 1427-1428 and 1429 ie 1 Mhz. OR a total of a 2 Mhz spread.

The signal is at 1420.64xxxxx to 1420.68xxxxx no where close to the GTS signal.

So your comment of This could imply that the GTS system will generate unwanted emission into the band 1400-1427 MHz, Is incorrect.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trance

I have and when you slow it down it clearly sounds modulated to me. Have you listened to it yet? If you haven't download it from Pisky's post on page one of this thread I believe it's linked directly on another post in this thread as well.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Energy wave posted this link

Explanation: No one knows for sure what caused this signal. There is a slight possibility that it just might originate from an extraterrestrial intelligence.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

And I ran it through Windows XP Media player just for fun and set the visual to Musical Colors: Ice Crystals and low and behold there are two distinct signals. One of which is almost positively a data signal because of the gaps the second signal the first on the left is a constant stream.

Funny how the movie 'contact' had the same method of transmission for the first contact.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Getting desperate for new info.. Quite excited, yet baffled by the complete media blackout in the UK. Haven't heard of it anywhere except ATS.
Lets hope Perseus replies..

apologies; I didn't bother reading whole thread properly

Now I havei agree, that is a highly feasable explanation

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD

I have and when you slow it down it clearly sounds modulated to me. ...

Hi KillerD/ Trance/ all!

I must admit I totally misunderstood the original quote:

"yeah has ANYONE else listened directly to this signal? i wanna hear from them"

I *thought* this meant had there been an "independent" radio observation of this anomalous signal in real time, rather than actually listening to the sound file that was downloaded.

It would certainly be extremely useful if there was collaboarative evidence of someone else (preferably miles away from Perseus) who captured the signal, as this might eliminate the possibility that the original signal was due to local "interference"?

I guess we still have to wait for any updates and - hopefully - details about receiving equipment, antennae used, whether these were steerable, what portion of the sky they were "pointed" at, etc.

Let's hope we hear something soon (no pun intended!)

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hello Genya, all!

yes i meant for someone outside the radius of Perseus , prolly thats why we arent hearing from any outside sources becuz there isnt anyone else comming forward with this same info other then from a message board.

i am still waiting myself but each day that passes an no word seems another closer to saying it was something on Perseus's end.

keep a open mind!

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hi KillerD/ Trance/ all!

I must admit I totally misunderstood the original quote:

I *thought* this meant had there been an "independent" radio observation of this anomalous signal in real time, rather than actually listening to the sound file that was downloaded.

Genya, I was the one that mis-understood. Sorry

Carry-on

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by KillerD]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join