It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO spotted near Saturn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was talking with Internos about this very strange event caught by Cassini. He seems to agree that it's a nice find by Lunar Explorer Italia. What do you think about?
It's a sequence of photos that seems to show a very bright object with a strange behavior: at the frame N00055562 something unexpected happens:
the object vanishes leaving a strike behind itself.

The first and the last frames:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/274a7e9e2c724f6d.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the entire video sequence (pump down the volume!!).

And this is the sequence of the Cassini's photos. Is important to note that the images are all RAW, not yet calibrated. I think that the space near Saturn is a really strange place.

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

• saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Credits:
    www.lunexit.it...

Enjoy and thank for your attention!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ImShrike]

• posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ImShrike

This is a very interesting find by Lunexit: definately not a meteor nor a moon nor whatever might come to mind as possible exlpanation: if confirmed by the calibrated images, this would be the best ufo ever spotted by Cassini

Great find, thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
    link   
    Is it just me or does anyone else hate long video introductions?

In my opinion, I can not see the difference between that and a typical star releasing a lot of gas.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
    Is it just me or does anyone else hate long video introductions?

In my opinion, I can not see the difference between that and a typical star releasing a lot of gas.

The difference is that stars don't move

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
    after this frame the bright object just vanishes, that's why this is an interesting find.

[edit on 17/6/2009 by internos]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
    link   
    reply to post by internos

Are these pictures or videos? I am under the impression that these were photos? Could this note be a meteor or some illuminated space debris?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    link   
    Stray cosmic ray or some kind of particle striking the imaging grid? Just a thought. There are some other "comet-like" marks some of the other images. Is there a typical shape something like a stray high-energy particle that might make on the chip?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jkrog08

They are RAW images by Cassini; what is interesting is that at a certain moment, an object that was in sight vanishes apparently leaving a strike behind itself. These are all long exposure shots, but what we see was determined by the object's movement, i can say this for sure

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
    link   
    Hard to say what this could be, I hope it's a UFO lol but we don't know might never know in our lifetime

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
    link   
    This is definately interesting.
    It wouldn't be the first strange thing found by Saturn. Wouldn't it have to be pretty huge to make a mark like that in the sky though? A few hundred km or so? I supposed that depends on the distance.
    I think it's something at least worth looking at.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
    link   

As a firm believer in UFO's myself, this video just doesn't convince me.

As you can see it is just a frame by frame video, to me the part where it is shown to have moved is just the tail of it becoming "shooting star".

This can be proved because of the intense gas build up shown by the flaring of the star during the video. Scientifically, it is nothing more then a flaring star.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
    link   
    You might be interested in this guy

www.rileymartin.com...

for the most part I think he is full of BS but I wouldn't be surprised if its rooted in a grain of truth. He says he was abducted as a child and in one of his books he published that the rings of saturn make music, this is before nasa announced they had recorded the humming that the rings make. He has pictures of the cassini mission that he says show pictures of the mother ship he was taken to. He talked about this in a published book long before the pictures were taken.

He is a greedy SOB to me though and beyond his original story he will embellish to make a buck.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
    link   
    Okay, I see the oddity now, I wonder if it is possible that Cassini simply moved and gave the impression of the object streaking away? If not then I do not know, an orb shooting off at lightspeed?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Scooby Doo

The problem with Cassini images is that their quality is extremely limited: for many reasons, scientific observations can't be made just taking a look at some photo from Cassini: they are more or less just a bunch of white pixels over a black background. Don't forget that we also need to wait at least one year before the photos in question will be calibrated
    after calibration, all image artifacts will be removed, but i'm convinced that what we see is a UFO according what we know about it so far.
    But i wouldn't dismiss what we see vanishing in frame N00055562 as a flaring star: i'm also not sure about how many chances you have to catch one on camera

Maybe an UFO is more ordinary

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
    link   
    If you look at any one of the images link to be the OP. It shows dozen of lines in the background.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b83d9ef78a1.png[/atsimg]

If you look at the very last NASA image linked to by the op, it shows the exact same type of line, just closer up.

So again, in my opinion, it is nothing more then a star. Though, I would really love to stumble upon a UFO.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
    Okay, I see the oddity now, I wonder if it is possible that Cassini simply moved and gave the impression of the object streaking away? If not then I do not know, an orb shooting off at lightspeed?

No: you can check by yourself: mark some surrounding stars and check throught the frames in order to see if the background is static:
    and it IS, you can see the same stars in the background
    Ignore YT video, just check the raw images: what we see in the frames in question could have been a relatively small object or a star, I honestly don't know. But this find is very interesting, something that happens rarely on cassini images.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Scooby Doo

That's a correct observation: Cassini has an intermediate focus, at the time the photos in question were taken, its focus was on Saturn's rings
    So all the strikes we see are the event caught on some seconds exposure
    BUt this is very different from what happens in the frames mentioned in the OP

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
    link   

I have no reason to check for myself, I trust your judgement my friend.

Well this is certainly interesting to say the least, do you have any ideas on what this is or could be?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
    link   
    Flag and Star

Its really interesting :O

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:58 PM
    link   
    It's a streetlight.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
    link   
    Very interesting pic's, maybe its that damn tether nasa lost (jk). I think some good possibilities have been raised already. Maybe is some kind of space dwelling extremophile...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join