It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO spotted near Saturn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This isn't a "possible" UFO, it is a UFO. It's an object in flight that you cannot identify. Some people get the perception that every UFO has to have ET's in it in order to be classified as a UFO.

Great find though, star and flag for you.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The interesting thing is that the brightest object clearly move like the others pointed by Scooby, but we need to wait the calibration to speculate to what object is.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thought we did this already

Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?www.abovetopsecret.com...

bout half way into the thread

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well here's another interesting object. The details are in my thread here....

Alien Spaceship(?) Shooting Plasma-Like Jets Near Saturn!!

And now here's an animation of that object (lower down in the frame) produced by internos in that thread..

So for those who think it's just a star, look again! This one's a smasher!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hmm.. It is clearly something. Maybe a UFO, or maybe a weather phenom. I dunno, but it is interesting

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here's another animation which shows the "jet" to be an optical effect which occurs when a moon enters and leaves the frame.

From this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, that's what you feel! As far as I and many others are concerned, it does NOT look like an optical effect! However, the jury is still out on this one!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Hey Mike,

Is there a way we can do a play by play on that one, slow it down, frame by frame.

FlAG ThE MuThA.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

Thats very very interesting. Is the object a confirmed star? How can a star suddenly vanish from view like that? Very strange

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

all that bright stuff going on and yet Cassini can still see the stars. I guess the space around Saturn is not as dark as it is near the moon.

Unless of course those little spots are ice particles from the thruster jet

[edit on 18-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

considering there are DOZENS of straight lines appearing in single frames, this is in all likelihood just the camera catching tons of fast moving objects on a long exposure. sure, they could be anything, but remember this is saturn we're talking about. there are a whole lot of objects in orbit. notice the rings?

very unconvinced of anything out of the ordinary here.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
all that bright stuff going on and yet Cassini can still see the stars. I guess the space around Saturn is not as dark as it is near the moon.

huh?
space is not dark near the moon, but so much light reflects off the surface it will drown out the stars during daylight. saturn is quite a bit farther away and the camera is not facing Saturn or perpendicular to it. i wouldn't expect the stars to be drowned out at all in this shot.

its much the same reason that you cannot see the stars during the day on earth. there is so much light coming from the sun that the light from stars is completely overwhelmed. also the same reason you can hardly see the stars from the city. (go somewhere like the top of a mountain in the wilderness and prepare to be amazed at how beautiful the night sky truly is if you haven't already - i saw the sky at the top of mt pichincha in ecuador and it was *STUNNING*).

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's nothing to do with day and night. Only planets with a dense atmosphere exhibit daytime/nightime differences. On the airless moon, the sky on the sunny side of the body is just as black as it is on the 'night' side. The sun will oviously affect your ability to see if it's shining into your eyes, but if you shade the sun with your hand, it's as black as night in the sky.

WG3

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
space is not dark near the moon,

Really?

Well I still say this sure looks like a tether satellite to me...

Original

from Mike's Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Phage

Unless of course those little spots are ice particles from the thruster jet

I was thinking that same thing. Why can we see the stars? Hmm? I thought you weren't supposed to be able to see stars from a camera in space Mr. Nasa! HMM! HMM!

On a personal note, I think phage is right..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They are long exposures though, because of that some starlight is visible. This is an interesting series of images, but like Mike said, the jury is still out.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Any closer or higher resolution pictures of the 'tether'? I would be anxious to see it, your theory is intriguing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
They are long exposures though, because of that some starlight is visible. This is an interesting series of images, but like Mike said, the jury is still out.

Really? Long exposures that leave the stars round?

On my planet this is what long exposures of stars look like;

All the same length

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c895060ae19c.jpg[/atsimg]
Caption Leo (and Saturn) Star Trail
Credit by Dave Pearson

www.redbubble.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't think the surface of Cassini is rotating at the same rate as the surface of your planet.

The exposure times of the images taken by Cassini vary quite a bit but are generally not "snapshots". Actually, Cassini is capable of tracking objects, here's what happens to the stars when a close, fast moving object is being tracked.
Iapetus

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So do you agree that the exposures are at least moderate in length?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join