It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Possible UFO spotted near Saturn

page: 3
18
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08
 

Moderately, yes. That is why a few bright stars are visible. Even with a relatively long exposure time the orbital motion of Cassini would not necessarily produce streaking. Here is an image of one of Saturn's moons in eclipse. It has an exposure time of more than 8 minutes. Note the number of stars but the small amount of streaking.


Here is another image with a much shorter exposure time. Note that no stars are visible.





posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Okay, that is what I was thinking, but I am no expert in imaging or optics,lol. I do know internos stated the images were of a longer exposure. In the animated picture you showed on the last page (the one that you showed attempting to show the 'streak' as an optical effect) I noticed a bright light in the center, it seemed to have parabolic direction to it so I figured it was a particle under the influence of Saturn's gravity. Either that or another optical effect from the movement of Cassini. Although I still am anxious to see some more pictures on the anomaly, specifically ones that show (if they exist) a wider view of the object over the two picture span.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hello OP.... i've viewed the video and read some of the replies and i have to agree that this looks like a shooting star although it is great footage! Could be wrong and it may be what you are hoping it is....



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Really? Long exposures that leave the stars round?

On my planet this is what long exposures of stars look like;

All the same length




thats a multiple hour exposure. the footage looks like long exposure in the magnitude of seconds catching meteorites / orbital debris (like the debris that makes up saturn's rings)

and regarding this the "tether satellite orbiting saturn", what are you smoking? the tether was a man made satellite, you should know that very well. why would you assume there is one orbiting saturn? what *possible* purpose would it have? you realize how expensive putting a satellite in orbit costs? its quite obviously *not* a similar satellite.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale
 


Disregarding your childish remarks "what are you smoking?", I guess you haven't heard of the secret space program or the USA's ultra black projects. The rabbit hole possibly goes much deeper than you think my friend.



For further study.....www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by JScytale
 


Disregarding your childish remarks "what are you smoking?", I guess you haven't heard of the secret space program or the USA's ultra black projects. The rabbit hole possibly goes much deeper than you think my friend.



For further study.....www.abovetopsecret.com...


right. what could they possibly achieve by putting a satellite of similar make as the STS-75 tether satellite in orbit around saturn? it had a very specific purpose.

oh, and regarding your link, you believed that? i can tell you one thing, and thats people with extremely high level clearance *wont* tell you straight up secret information. at best they will drop hints with a wink. to get that high up you pass through such rigorous background checks and psychological testing - to even know anything, they have to be completely sure your personality type does not lend itself to letting ANYTHING slip.

for reference, a relative of mine was a colonel who served in the vietnam war and was later in his life entrusted to running a base where nuclear warheads were stored. he had extremely high level security clearance, and once even admitted that yes, the US has black projects that you just wont hear about, period. he would usually laugh when people speculated as to what he meant, and honestly he never said a word besides "yeah we had some secrets" and "russia wouldn't have won the cold war, they had no idea what kinds of tricks we had up our sleeves". this was a blood relative who told war stories with no qualms.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by JScytale]



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale
 


I am not going to derail the thread by debating this with you, but I will say this: Just because some people don not speak out does not mean none will. Some people trust others enough to disclose, or they really do not care anymore because honestly it is all hear-say, so who would believe you? Some things, these whistleblowers will not disclose however, you usually get a "no comment" when asking certain touchy things, or threats of leaving. You have to understand that unless evidence is presented the government does not care what anyone says after they no longer work for them, I mean prove it right? To conclude, do not assume that because someone you knew would not talk means that no one will.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by JScytale
 


I am not going to derail the thread by debating this with you, but I will say this: Just because some people don not speak out does not mean none will. Some people trust others enough to disclose, or they really do not care anymore because honestly it is all hear-say, so who would believe you? Some things, these whistleblowers will not disclose however, you usually get a "no comment" when asking certain touchy things, or threats of leaving. You have to understand that unless evidence is presented the government does not care what anyone says after they no longer work for them, I mean prove it right? To conclude, do not assume that because someone you knew would not talk means that no one will.


no my point is, these are people who they already know are unlikely to let anything slip by accident; extremely unlikely to consider anybody an exception, including family; loyal to the US to the point of borderline blind loyalty; take national security very seriously; and thoroughly understand the risks of even rumours of such projects leaking out. I used the example of my uncle because he was a blood relative, I have known dozens of people with extremely high security clearance (military family, and my father works for the government).

The problem is, there are easily a good 2-300 impostors for the 1 or 2 genuine whistle blowers who actually knew anything. If you had known people who worked very high up in the military and understood military culture, that would be very easy to understand.

They don't even talk about these things to each other in private. Its something you hear once, process, and it never leaves your lips again.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
and regarding this the "tether satellite orbiting saturn", what are you smoking? the tether was a man made satellite, you should know that very well. why would you assume there is one orbiting saturn? what *possible* purpose would it have? you realize how expensive putting a satellite in orbit costs? its quite obviously *not* a similar satellite.


Hmmm well Matyas has some papers regarding a tether satellite in Jupiter's vicinity. Can you imaging the power output that could have?

But you seem to forget that I am fully aware of the secret space program
so why would I not think there is one around Saturn especially when it looks like one.

Is it one? No idea

OH and what do YOU mean "the tether was a man made satellite" There are many tethers some still in Earth orbit. I think the NAVY one is still up... some amateur astronomers caught it in 2005... but not sure if its still there

You really ought to study some more you know... you might be able to stay with it more.

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.” - Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Hmmm well Matyas has some papers regarding a tether satellite in Jupiter's vicinity. Can you imaging the power output that could have?



right, but the nature of the tether satellite is only capable of powering itself or something directly hooked up to it. what could possibly need that kind of power orbiting jupiter? it just seems extremely far-fetched and unlikely to me. not to mention, solar power is more than enough to power a highly advanced electronics suite in jupiter orbit.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale it had a very specific purpose.


Yes it does and that purpose would be EXTREMELY useful near Saturn. As the purpose of a tether is to generate power to maintain orbit so they don't need to ship tons of rocket fuel up there.

That would make a tether highly economical and useful.

So while MAY not be a tether... if it was it would certainly make sense


Navy tether... just ignore the "critter" of the starboard





[edit on 18-6-2009 by zorgon]



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its obvious what we are looking at here.
Weather balloon.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by JScytale it had a very specific purpose.


Yes it does and that purpose would be EXTREMELY useful near Saturn. As the purpose of a tether is to generate power to maintain orbit so they don't need to ship tons of rocket fuel up there.

That would make a tether highly economical and useful.

So while MAY not be a tether... if it was it would certainly make sense


Navy tether... just ignore the "critter" of the starboard

[edit on 18-6-2009 by zorgon]


well, any sort of power to maintain an orbit would require liquid or solid fuel, not something you can generate in space. the only form of propulsion that can run purely off of electricity is an ion engine, which is an *extremely* weak thrust that can run essentially permanently. its not enough to correct an orbit, but in a near-zero g environment (well outside the solar system) it could run with no forces counteracting it and over the course of years and years approach light speed.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale
 


That is true if you honestly think the ion engines we are shown are the best we have. There in lays the problem, you think that we are shown everything we have, or if not that what is secret is nothing that far advanced. Others and myself believe the exact opposite of that. So it is my contention that in addition to many other unknown (only theoretical in public view) propulsion methods such as ,ZPE, quantum tunneling, EM based drives, Tachyon drives, and more, we likely have some pretty strong ion engines as well.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by JScytale
 


That is true if you honestly think the ion engines we are shown are the best we have. There in lays the problem, you think that we are shown everything we have, or if not that what is secret is nothing that far advanced. Others and myself believe the exact opposite of that. So it is my contention that in addition to many other unknown (only theoretical in public view) propulsion methods such as ,ZPE, quantum tunneling, EM based drives, Tachyon drives, and more, we likely have some pretty strong ion engines as well.


well thats the thing, accelerating ions isnt ever going to provide enormous amounts of thrust. it would have to be a completely different technology - and designing a strong propulsion system using electricity instead of physical fuel isn't something military scientists could pull ahead of academic scientists in a matter of decades to make. thats centuries away.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale
 


On topic now, what is your theory on the object? An optical illusion? I honestly have none, I think it is one of those things that is impossible to know for sure. It is kinda like a probability distribution,lol, it could be one thing but it could be something else.



posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08
 


considering the original photo? since its not the only "line" in the frame i think its several moving objcts (not stars, things like small meteors) caught in a longer-than-normal exposure.



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
It just seems extremely far-fetched and unlikely to me.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than can be dreamt of in your philosophy
Shakespeare


In other words, there's stuff going on out there about which we know zilch! So for Chrissake, don't bring in logic here. You nor I nor 99.999% of ordinary mortals don't know WTF is going on in those super secret organizations and perhaps never will! Are you aware that the prez of the US of A does not have Cosmic Top Secret clearance? And that's 21 levels above Eyes Only Top Secret!

How do I know this? Well, that's Top Secret!! So think again before trashing out of hand what zorgon said about tethered satellites around Saturn.

Cheers!



posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by JScytale
It just seems extremely far-fetched and unlikely to me.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than can be dreamt of in your philosophy
Shakespeare


In other words, there's stuff going on out there about which we know zilch! So for Chrissake, don't bring in logic here. You nor I nor 99.999% of ordinary mortals don't know WTF is going on in those super secret organizations and perhaps never will! Are you aware that the prez of the US of A does not have Cosmic Top Secret clearance? And that's 21 levels above Eyes Only Top Secret!

How do I know this? Well, that's Top Secret!! So think again before trashing out of hand what zorgon said about tethered satellites around Saturn.

Cheers!



Of course we don't know much about the universe, we *just* started seeing deep into it as a species and we are still discovering things that prove our previous notions wrong. But that is *MORE* reason to use logic at all times. And your comment about 99.9999%? Its 100%. I promise even if there are people with full access to alien technology, they still have absolutely no idea as to the real nature of the universe.

My point is - there is no conceivable reason to put a satellite of that kind into saturn orbit, and the whole argument is "that looks kind of like a satellite that was in earth orbit! omg it must be the same one!". No reason to be there + extremely flimsy argument = extraordinarily unlikely. Next.



posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale


thats a multiple hour exposure. the footage looks like long exposure in the magnitude of seconds catching meteorites / orbital debris (like the debris that makes up saturn's rings)


that can be a long exposure between 63 different exposure settings, from 5 milliseconds to 20 minutes.For each different target, or even for the same target but caught under different conditions, scientists can choose between 63 different settings, each one implies a certain configuration, which many details about i ignore, JPL could say more.

I consider what we see in the OP not very ordinary in Cassini's images, but of course to be proven wrong would be, as always it should be, a step forward: perhaps it's some effect already known by someone who observes constantly these images.
Some effects are very strange, like the one of a very bright body transiting throught the field of sight (Saturn's Moon Rhea Also May Have Rings) leaving some impressive jet like strike.
See Mikesingh's paceship(?) Shooting Plasma-Like Jets Near Saturn!!


that thread says MUCH about how many strange (and VERY spectacular) things you can find in Cassini's images


But what we see in the OP is this one:


The dots marked are the bodies present in the whole sequence:
I've used three colors in order to make them easier to be tracked down:

in the sequence in the op, the light in question is very bright, so bright that it was, maybe if not likely, the target of the sequence of shots: what we need is the images once they will be captioned, but the event, in my humble opinion has some bizarre looking.


...


What would you use to monitor some stuff that you have lost around Saturn? I would use Cassini if it'd be possible[/]: the tethered satellite wasn't designed to transmit data once having broken and flown away, so you might be interested in finding one just in case you have lost one

www.satobs.org...

And not sure they would ever see it again, lol.




top topics



 
18
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join