It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second American Revolution Has Begun! Then What?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sorry Sarge for my delay, been seeing some country and been gone for a while.

When I read your suggestion that the proverbial fight may be on within a year, I get a visceral reaction. Right in the gut. I hope we have longer than that, but within a year wouldn't surprise me.

What many don't understand is that we don't always control the events around us. In fact, we don't really CONTROL diddly squat. Events occur, and we must ensure that we are most prepared to react most flexibly.

I know what the fighting would entail. I know. Thus the visceral reaction that I get when I think about what appears to be forced upon us all.

To consider picking up a weapon again, either for offensive defense, or defensive offense, is to bring back the sounds, odors, noises, and pains already known. The sheer sense of loss alone is a matter of dread.

For those who have experienced it multiple times in the past, any upcoming fight is nothing to embrace, rather, one must empty himself of all sense of value and thus potential loss.

Only when empty can one perform the monstrous that fighting of the mortal kind requires. Only when I resigned myself to a certain death was I able to throw myself into the task of the moment.

Many who post on threads like this belittle those who would fight, calling them armchair commando's and such. Yet it is those who are at least willing to fight that raises the ante for the other side.

My daddy told me once that the most feared thing on earth - is a man who knows he's in the right - because he'll keep coming - and is a fierce and terrible foe who will not be denied.

Patriots - will not be denied.

Patriots will not start this next mess. Patriots did not start whittling away at the Constitution. Patriots will not actually light the fire that is to come.

But Patriots will come out of the woodwork, from the mountains, from the valleys, from the flatlands, from the badlands, and from every corner of the nation once the battle has been joined.

The greatest mistake the British made was in threatening those in the mountains after they took control of the flatlands. Those boys came from far and near, and never has a more fierce, determined group of men been united in one single purpose. The safety, security, and freedom of their loved ones.

Sarge, I hope you're wrong. I hope we have more than a year.

Lest I have to resort to my old, sinful, disgusting, uncivilized ways. Would liked to have lived out my days in peace, but if I'm not allowed to, then God help me. And may he have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't.

We'll have to stress patience, planning, thinking above all, and hope that we make fewer mistakes than our opponents.

Fortunately, the country is full of idiots, slugs, cattle, and retards.

That would increase the odds for a cool thinking, planning, rational man with skills.

Remember that one does not have to control every square mile of territory - only the bridges and key intersections. Think - weigh stations!

You will likely not be allowed past such roadblocks and you'll certainly not be able to take weapons past these points.

Think.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I read this entire thread.
I have one firearm and less than a box of twenty bullets.
What would be my most wise course of action right now?
By the way the firearm is a .30-06 bolt action FN Mauser.

I disagree with stockpiling food, unless you are going to stay and defend the food at the cost of what?

Shoot a deer, cat, dog, or cow, eat your and your familys fill and move on leaving the rest for forrraging people.

Seems there would be plenty of nice weapons lying beside deceased persons in the streets.

Interesting post and discussion.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Excellent and well written response; the reason I so value your input. Perhaps I am partial to Vietnam Veterans because of my hero, or it is because I never fought in a true ‘war’ in which Veterans of the conflict you fought in and the Gulf have; my experience being counter insurgency, training and rescue, none of which equal a ‘war’.

As pointed out, no combat veteran relishes combat, and certainly not the combat of a Revolution. There is nothing glorious in bullet riddled rotting bodies, or in the horror of their survivors who soon wish they were dead; however, the stench of a rotting human soul, slowly dying as the light of individuality, self worth and hope is snuffed out by the certainty of a life in chains is far worse a fate then a quick death. Rather to live free and die quickly then to slowly rot in servitude; I have my oath and this I will keep.

Think is all I have done since I was a general’s enlisted aide and listened to him and several European general officers discuss how long it would take the USA to be willing to surrender its sovereignty to the Trilateral Global Government and the steps it would take to bring such about. Why, exactly do you think I write the threads I do? At the time I was so young and idealistic that ‘hearing’ I did not hear. Now, after Iran Contra I remember them laughing that all would be accomplished by 2010; I remember their gleeful suggestions at what must be done that have happened through the years almost as suggested.

Brother I plan to be far up in those hills before the roadblock check points are up, but may God have mercy on the ones who do try to disarm me; they will find out just how well I was trained. Yes, because I am in the right, I am a free man defending his family, and I am an American fighting man who swore to defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights from all enemies both foreign and domestic; I will keep coming, I will bring hell with me and I will prevail.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Buy an M1 Garand and plenty of 8 round clips - highly accurate, a round you know, but in a weapon that is an excellent defensive firearm as well as for hunting. Tankers version would be best.

THEN GET OUT AND AWAY FRON ANY CITY!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
M1 Garand .30-06.
I think I know where I can acquire one of those.

So does the current military or UN force use .30-06 ammunition in any of their weapons?

Probably not.

What about an M14 in .308
as the M60 uses this round
and so does the Model 700 sniper rifle.

I trust that the majority 90+% of US
armed service forces will be in support
of the American Constitution,
but what about the ABC
government agencies???
Maybe 65% of their staff and
employees will side with American Constitution.

P.S. where is a good website to network with like minded individuals?
edited for P.S.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by fmcanarney]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
I read this entire thread.
I have one firearm and less than a box of twenty bullets.
What would be my most wise course of action right now?
By the way the firearm is a .30-06 bolt action FN Mauser.

I disagree with stockpiling food, unless you are going to stay and defend the food at the cost of what?

Shoot a deer, cat, dog, or cow, eat your and your familys fill and move on leaving the rest for forrraging people.

Seems there would be plenty of nice weapons lying beside deceased persons in the streets.

Interesting post and discussion.

I would interject one thought for you. The people that have stocked and stored are not likely to take kindly to scavengers or opportunists. Butchering live stock of any kind that doesn't belong to you,could potentially be a death sentance. Make allies not enemies

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

fm, I would ask you rethink some of this. Food and especially water is critical. You can have the baddest weapons in the world, but you must have lots of water, and you wouldn't believe the amount of food a single man eats in a single year.

I have thought and considered the many possibilities, and the one that I keep coming back to as most likely is not a nuclear bomb, or asteroid, alien invasion, or a major nation invading the US. It's an event that kicks off anarchy, especially in our major cities.

Some would be foolish enough to suggest that they would take immediate advantage and go on the offensive to replace the government. No, no, no.

What would happen is that if our cities, with significant populations were thrown into a state of chaos or anarchy, think for a moment the implications: no one would show up for work.

That would mean no one selling groceries. No pharmacies. No McDonalds. No seafood stores. No building supplies.

In time, no water supplies. No electricity.

Nothing would be moving.

From Katrina, we can get a glimpse of the chaos. Certain no-gooders would be looting everything in sight. But once that's gone, serious gangs would be taking what they want.

Eventually door to door.

Those in bedroom communities outside the major municipalities would fare better than those in big cities. Assuming they stockpiled food and water.

But eventually, predators of the two-legged kind would come. Armed predators with no more moral center than a pack of dogs.

Another lesson we saw after Katrina. Some neighborhoods armed up and blockaded their neighborhoods from anyone wishing to enter or even pass through.

It was most effective and kept out the riff-raff. After all, most of these predators want easy prey, and will turn from a well prepared, well-armed site. Cost/benefit.

While there is certainly wild game in our forests, that game is going to quickly be as spooky as can be, and more difficult to obtain, as there will likely be many more hunters for the same game.

Plus, farmers and landowners are going to be protecting that which is theirs.

The first thirty days will be critical. I would estimate that as much as a third of our population would be gone. Of those who are surviving after 30 days, likely half of those will also be dead before the year's end.

Remember, there will be no medicines or healthcare. Millions of diabetics will be dead within a month. Those who depend on other medicines for their well-being will likewise not make it.

More dead than can be buried.

Now if a man is canny, he may prepare to at least last out the first 30 days, and prepare for that possibility.

If he's brilliant, he'll prepare for that first 12 months with absolutely zero outside support.

And to be able to defend his against those who would be certain to come.

Keep in mind, the predators will be greatly and quickly thinned out as well. Too many folks that won't allow such foolishness for long.

Neighborhoods and small communities will band together to restore law and order. As this continues, you'll seen entire counties restored, and finally States.

The battles that will be fought will be local battles. Good guys against bad guys. All battles will be local battles, just as local communities are the basis of our entire nation.

So I would ask you to rethink preparing. A means of storing water or obtaining water without electricity will be mandatory.

To be welcome at a HOBO stew, you have to bring something to throw into the pot.

Food will be necessary as well, just like sanitation will be critical.

The less you move around that first 30 days, the less chance of encountering desperate folks who just may decide to take you on for the hell of it.

Make them come to you, and then if they do, make them pay.

After all, that's the American Way!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You have practice with the 30-06 and thus have some idea of its ballistics. The Garand is probably one of the toughest most dependable battle rifles ever designed – and every redneck will have 30-06 bullets for trade. The stripper clip of the Garand is inexpensive and not able to fail, unlike banana clips. You can get a competition Garand from Springfield Armory that will drive nails at 600 yards for the same money that you can get a run of the mill M1A1 (Civilian version of the M14) and the 11 clips (20 rds or 7 at 30 rds) for a combat load of ammo.

However, the M1A1 National Match Rifle IS the most accurate SEMI AUTO battle rifle you can get. With Federal National Match rounds, you can hold less than a minute of angle of accuracy on a battlefield zero and 1.5 minutes out to 1000 yards as the 7.62x51mm NATO (.308) is the most accurate cartridge out there.

Unless you can hit a man sized target 10 out of ten shots at 600 yards in the 10 ring with iron sights, stick with the Garand as that is all the rifle you need. Especially if you have never humped around 210 to 220 rounds of ammo in clips with a rifle that is NOT light; add a scope, gear and supplies and you will quickly see why they call soldiers “grunts”.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good point about not moving around for the first thirty days.

I live on ten secluded acres with a mile long driveway that would be easy to render unable to travel into.

There are deer and a stream nearby, so looks like I need beans rice flower salt and cornmeal.

The stream is potable water as me and my four children drink out of it at times.

So you overheard some generals discussing this how many years ago?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
M1 Garand .30-06.
I think I know where I can acquire one of those.

So does the current military or UN force use .30-06 ammunition in any of their weapons?

Probably not.

What about an M14 in .308
as the M60 uses this round
and so does the Model 700 sniper rifle.

I trust that the majority 90+% of US
armed service forces will be in support
of the American Constitution,
but what about the ABC
government agencies???
Maybe 65% of their staff and
employees will side with American Constitution.

P.S. where is a good website to network with like minded individuals?
edited for P.S.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by fmcanarney]

Not sure, but I don't think .308 is in the inventory any more, except maybe in some Guard or Reserve units, and probably some snipers.

I think active duty has replaced the M60 with the M249 SAW.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno, the .308 is what our medium machineguns use, like the M240B. It's the same round our squad designated shooters use in their M-14's.

If the military wasn't using so damned much 7.62 (.308), then I could get my hands on some pretty cheap.

Israel is hoarding 7.62, the US military is hoarding 7.62, and millions of Americans are hoarding 7.62 (.308).

A very popular, very effective, extremely efficient round. In fact, as far as efficiency, I think it is unequaled, although we need someone like ZindoDoone to bring us all up to speed. He's a hell of an authority on shooting since he's a competition shooter in several types of competition.

The 5.56? May have to shoot the turd two or three times.

The 7.62 (308?) One will do it.

The 7.62 (308) - because shooting twice is just silly.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

M26 Sniper Rifle (M1A1 National match with 7lb pull, glass bedded floated barrel, titanium firing pin, Redfield 3x9 Accu-Trac M40 Sniper Scope, national match Stainless Steel barrel. National match trigger assembly, national match front sight and non-hooded rear sight assembly, and national match flash suppressor/stabilizer.) is still the standard for professionals sir.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge, do you really, really think that the PTB would use UN troops for secondary purposes on the ground here in the US?

I mean, this would be the catalyst that would push over the top even the biggest of wussies!

It would be a death sentence not only to the blue helmets, but those who invited them!

One thing about it though . . . those nice, baby-blue helmets really do stand out against a number of backgrounds . . .

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

London in 1984, what is mind blowing is how they thought an economic fall with the end of the dollar would be exactly what was needed.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There are 4 Battalions on the ground as we speak of German/Italian/French and whatever troops. NOT conjecture, NOT delusions, but fact. Why do you think I suggested one more mission for an old soldier? Do you think I would not rather be fishing on the Greenbier?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

You've gotta be [*snip*] me! Foreign troops? On the ground here? Now?

Now I understand why you asked.

As long as they train here, I don't have a problem. They ever move beyond a training condition, then I have a real problem.

Oh, I've got another few missions in me, I suppose. Have to force myself to rely more on smarts than legs. I could have saved myself a whole lot of running if I'd spent a bit more on thinking!

Each time my lungs started burning, I'd ask myself, "what in hell were you THINKING?"

Let's hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I understand MUCH I cannot talk about as per my past. Some here know where I come from and the old enemies I have struggled with - as concerns the agency traitors - yet they know my honor. We fight not for acclaim nor reward, we fight for Duty and Honor. Join the struggle Old Soldier.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

And when has one soldier ever turned another soldier down?

Habit. Mine are so ingrained, I don't even try to change them anymore!

My gut instinct tells me that the Guard is the key in this potential event. States. States will be the key, and no military force will willingly fire on their brothers.

Never.

A few Southern states, and things will rapidly change. Others, especially in parts of the Midwest will likely join right in. Large segments of formerly northern territories too.

A lot of good men in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky, West Virginia, and so on.

Just a few states with the backing of the State Guard, supported by the militia, and with only a few States, you have a force as great in number as our Federal military.

Damn, Sarge.

You just gave me a whole new set of equations to deal with! And I'm really liking the preliminary calculations!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

How much and what you stockpile all depends on your situations and plans. I plan to be very mobile so having more than 1k rounds is just pointless I think.

I have many buddies who are very big in the reach out and touch someone at long distances.

'IF' I were to hypothetically own any weapons I however would have my eotech and backup iron sights on my AR-15 dialed in at 100 yards. I would have a 16 inch barrel so it's still very accurate at 150 - 200 yards but short enough you can be maneuverable. Anyone wearing a blue hat will be easy to see at a distance with a sniper scope but I am much more worried about those enemies that will not be wearing a uniform or a sign that says "here I am." I think my situation will end up in a bit more CQCB and I want my full field of vision. I'll let me friends with their sniper rifles handle the other situations.

Not to mention .223 / 5.56 will be on any dead body of any NATO military should it ever come to that point.

I would have a Springfield XDM 9mm for a side weapon if I go mobile. Many will say they like bigger caliber for "stopping power", however the XDM 9 holds 19+1 bullets and if they are close enough to where my iron sights and my laser would be dialed in then a well placed 9mm will kill someone just as any other caliber and I would have more ammo to do it with. Again not to mention 9mm will be all over the dead bodies.

If the # does not hit the fan I would have a Smith & Wesson .38 special for my home defense against break-ins. As reliable as many high quality semi-automatics are; if someone is in my house I do not want to take the 1 in 100.000 chance that the bullet jams. I read some good advice on ATS a while back... if I pull the trigger on my hypothetical revolver and the bullet does not fire then all I have to do is pull the trigger again. I will not have to clear a jam.

Again this is all hypothetical as I do not own any weapons and do not like guns what so ever.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by dooper

There are 4 Battalions on the ground as we speak of German/Italian/French and whatever troops. NOT conjecture, NOT delusions, but fact. Why do you think I suggested one more mission for an old soldier? Do you think I would not rather be fishing on the Greenbier?

I'm acquainted with an Australian who was "attached" to a German GSG9 unit that was based near Louisville (for a "training" exercise) a few years ago as well. Not sure if anything of that nature is going on there now, but it might be worth checking out.

He has since become an American, and for some odd reason has no more love for the UN. He was one of my sergeants a few years back, And I've since lost track of him, but I'm guessing he's still in the area.

Evidently this "readiness" has been going on for a while.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join