It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing With Denial of the NWO, the Coming Economic Collapse and the Second American Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AntonioDMastro

I disagree with your second to the last point. We should be doing both. Trying to change things peacefully, but getting ready for when it goes down.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

[edit on 15/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I started a topic a few days ago (which didn't get too much play) speculating if we'd ever see a "reign of terror" like in the French Revolution, or the Red Terror under Stalin, Pol Pot's emptying of the cities, etc.

In many cases where there is armed revolution, society seems to go through this kind of dark stage at some point...you have the initial destruction of the old order, followed by a period of giddy hope where the best seems to have triumphed after all. Then the jostling for power in the vaccuum created by the absense of the old order sets in. You get infighting, factionalism, fanaticism, and atmosphere of extreme paranoia that erupts in savage, feverish episodes like those above...a kind of which-hunt scenario where everybody is denouncing everyone else and the guillitine swings sickeningly dawn to dusk. In the first US Revolution we thankfully managed to avoid taht sort of thing...wonder if we'd be so lucky the second time around?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "meme", and what do you do with it?
I run into new concepts every day, and as my dear old dad used to say, the only thing that ends education is death.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Capitalism bred and nurtured the great innovations and technologies of last century. Period.

Your point ?

Is the Capitalism a Final Stage, the best we humans can do ?

Debt of $77 zillions we own (yes, WE, you, me and everyone else) does speak for itself, indeed

If there is something better than Capitalism to come what makes you think that it will not be capable of nurturing the same ?

Was "teaching" me of "evils" of Communism and Marxism (which I never mentioned in my post) and "perfection" of Biblical principals necessary ?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

en.wikipedia.org...

In short: it's the evolution of an idea. Those that are most appealing to people get preserved and shared and they grow into larger and larger concepts and become more recognized. It's the same concept behind viral videos.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well the first American Revolution we already had a government set up and in place. So yes it was a revolution, but it was more of a kick the red coats out we run this now type of thing.

That is the only thing I'm worried about, believe me I don't want this to go down, but the way things are now one wrong move could be the spark that sets off the powder keg.

We are heading towards a French Style Revolution, no order just chaos if its a multiple front war then America will cease to exist it will break down into separate countries, unless a very strong principled charismatic leader emerges with the right ideas.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Yes you are right. I was actually thinking that exact sentence while writing the post but didn't successfuly work it in properly. Anyway, to clarify, my point was to wait until that moment, when you are actually being attacked, to become violent. In other words, to shun populist calls to arms when we still have many better, more secure options to pursue. The powers that be are frightened of the masses, and will respond violently to aggressive oppositon. Their soldiers will also be more capable of justifying their actions when a threat is posed. Peaceful opposition can buy you more time instead of rushing into armed conflict, especially when your adversary is so well armed.

So in short, I'm not advocating non-resistance. I'm advocating peaceful resistance until violent resistance is ABSOLUTELY necessary. But yes, you should be prepared to defend yourself with force if need be.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland

You haven't misunderstood me at all. Things are simply changing. Imagine if you could live during a time of freedom from debt, but also freedom from oppression. Freedom to raise a family in peace without having to fear your kids going hungry, like in many places in the world.
Not to say this IS what is coming....

I may be confused. I DO live free from debt. It's a simple formula, really - just don't borrow, and no debt is incurred. Freedom from oppression is another matter, but it's going to get worse before we make it better, which is sort of what the OP was about. Freedom to live in peace won't happen until this group stops trying to jerk that group around, and force them into things they don't want. They should have an "opt out" plan if they wish to keep forcing draconian measures, the most recent of which that I'm aware of is this infernal "national health care" scheme. I just saw on the news today where Dodd and Grassley (one on each "side", how convenient) were rather insistent on making it mandatory on individuals. I don't want to participate in it, and in fact won't. I take care of my own health, thanks.

But no, changing the meaning of freedom is not what I am implying at all. I think Americans are using their true 'power' in a wrong way, maybe... And this is going to hurt, when you are as voiceless as those starving Africans that you all seem to think you are more deserving of 'freedom' and resources, than.

Those "starving africans" have the same shot at freedom as any of us. They just need to apply it. It's not a matter of one being more 'deserving' of freedom than another. Look at the resources Africa has. It may even be that they have a BETTER shot at freedom than 'us', but they have to apply their power first.

To all Americans, it will be a real culture shock when you realize your voice really is as meaningful as anyone in any oppressed country. Deal with it, or.... I have no idea what will happen to us all, because of the few that simply had to 'go down fighting'. I am fearful for us all.

I agree, it WILL be a real culture shock. I think we may disagree on WHO will get the shock, though. I am one of those who will most assuredly 'go down fighting', because I too am fearful for us all, and I happen to realize that there ARE things worth dying for. I will go down fighting because I refuse to live in a world where everything I work for is taken away and given to strangers, I refuse to live in a world where individuality is stifled to such an extent. That isn't 'justice', and thinking so is a delusion.

As a full-grown man, I'm perfectly capable of figuring out who needs my help, I don't need a government to decide for me, and coerce me into compliance.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I agree, yet we would have to have a totally different approach compared to any revolution before us because TPTB would have already studied the conflicts completely from all angles including psychological and strategic. They would be prepared for anything related to our history and obviously some potential scenarios. So, we would have to invent new ways of thinking to transcend their thoughts and Ideas/Scenarios because all they do is study history right? Maybe some educated guesses? Apparently they can't see far into the future? Or is everything larger than we think?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Thank you. I've learned a new concept today. I'll have to study up on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

We are heading towards a French Style Revolution, no order just chaos if its a multiple front war then America will cease to exist it will break down into separate countries, unless a very strong principled charismatic leader emerges with the right ideas.

Makes sense, unfortunately. A great many of the American people are tenacious and stronger than often given credit for, but there is flab and softness, too. A combination of a few razor-sharp wolves amongst acres of sheep gone to fat could make for some rather grim scenaria.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Everything is WAY larger than most people think. Ultimately, this whole conflict doesn't even really matter. I mean, different agents will go into motion and different paths will be chosen as different groups and individuals viey(sp?) for power and survival, but in the end it's just history as usual and none of it is cosmically important, just humanly important. That is the great irony, that most people don't really understand what matters in their world. There's a whole other paradigm shift occuring simultaneously to current events, in fact I believe current events are a product of this shift, but what the outcome will be is hard to predict. It actually may be impossibile to predict, literally.

Fractals.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Pre-mature armed resistance would prove fatal and catastrophic to the interest of the masses:

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

The government is well aware of the national unrest and they are overestimating it specifically to avoid the error of underestimating.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

What do you see this other paradigm shift as being?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Integration with technology. Depends how all that goes down.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Technology, like fire, is a wonderful slave, and a fearful master. I prefer to make use of it if available, but to never come to rely overmuch on it, as it's still in a pretty unreliable state. I've yet to meet a technology that couldn't be defeated, most usually because SOMEONE has come to rely on it all too much.

But yes, I can see how technology itself, as well as an unreasonable reliance on it, are both affecting current events.

Matter of fact, there are a LOT of people around where I live currently who have never known anything else.

I feel for 'em when it crashes.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

That it will.

It all depends on what happens really, like I said if its a multiple front war, also the outcome of this Iran thing is going be a big kicker to what happens. I feel we will see a mass awakening natural instincts kick in and the overwhelming realization that if we don't band together life as we know it will cease to exist. That is the scenario I see playing out.

As for the people saying technology and "ray guns" okay that's fine won't take long for people to figure out how to defeat it.

People have no idea whats coming. I don't want revolution or civil war or whatever you want to call it. People have no idea.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

That's sort of what I mean...except that this change is inevitable.

There's tons of info on it out there, most under "The Singularity". But basically it's going to happen anyway, and if we start fighting, the direction it'll take it's pretty clear.

Glimmer of hope lies in technology such as the internet. TPTB would LOVE to control the internet, and they are constantly trying, but it is like a bacteria that is growing beyond their control. If people were to focus their energy on exapanding this and similar technology as well as legislation protecting its use...well then things start to look a little different.

More hope comes from the fact that, especially with the current situation, even those who ride the line from being part of the controlling part and the subject-masses (ex: the upper-middle class) may facilitate this change by expanding and financing new enterprises in this sector.

It all depends if "people" realize where they have power and where they don't and work to take advantage of their strengths.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I started a topic a few days ago (which didn't get too much play) speculating if we'd ever see a "reign of terror" like in the French Revolution, or the Red Terror under Stalin, Pol Pot's emptying of the cities, etc.

In many cases where there is armed revolution, society seems to go through this kind of dark stage at some point...you have the initial destruction of the old order, followed by a period of giddy hope where the best seems to have triumphed after all. Then the jostling for power in the vaccuum created by the absense of the old order sets in. You get infighting, factionalism, fanaticism, and atmosphere of extreme paranoia that erupts in savage, feverish episodes like those above...a kind of which-hunt scenario where everybody is denouncing everyone else and the guillitine swings sickeningly dawn to dusk. In the first US Revolution we thankfully managed to avoid taht sort of thing...wonder if we'd be so lucky the second time around?

there was no red terror under Stalin , the Red terror was under Trotsky in the russian civil war of 1917-1922 , which lead to deaths of upto 30 million .

I started a topic a few days ago (which didn't get too much play) speculating if we'd ever see a "reign of terror" like in the French Revolution,, Pol Pot's emptying of the cities, etc.

I will say yes, and its going to be much worser than that . as whenever illuminatists or their more modern incarnations like Trotskyites/Bilderburges , hijack the nation , they like illuminists will commit mass genocides .

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

You're going to be annihilated if your doomsday scenario pans out

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join