Denial means “unconscious suppression of painful or embarrassing feelings" first attested 1914 in A.A. Brill's translation of Freud's
"Psychopathology of Everyday Life"; popularized in the 1980s by the phrase ‘in denial’.” Online Etymology Dictionary
Some of the facts that should be plain that clearly show that revolution and economic collapse are coming:
1. 15% of all subprime mortgages were foreclosed in May with foreclosure rates climbing. Alan M. White of the Valparaiso Law School.
2. The Federal Reserve needs to “borrow up to $3.25 trillion in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30″. Bloomberg
3. China has agreed to buy only 200 billion of Treasury T Bills (sold to finance the debt) total next year, while the oil exporting nations and the
rest of the world have agreed to buy 300 billion total. This leaves over 2 trillion dollars that domestic investors will have to buy to float the
deficit of the fiscal year that starts September 30th. Congressional Budget Office (After private investors had their private investments taken by the
Government and the Unions in the Chrysler and General Motors deal, the experts say that the vast majority of the T Bills will not be sold, meaning the
Government will have to print the money monetizing the debt)
4. Dozens of US cities (Like Flint Michigan) may have to bulldozed entire neighborhoods “as part of drastic “shrink to survive” proposals being
considered by the Obama administration to tackle economic decline in the nation’s cities.” London Telegraph
5. Democrats in Congress hid a $100 billion bail out of the world’s credit system by the International Monetary Fund, tucking it into the war
supplemental intended for operations in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq, according to lawmakers’ aides quoted in a Reuters report.
6. “I will tell you what the problem is,” Collin Peterson (Democratic Chairman of the Agriculture Committee) told the New York Times, “they give
three times more money than the next biggest group. It’s huge the amount of money they put into politics. The banks run the place (US
7. “And the banks — hard to believe in a time when we’re facing a banking crisis that many of the banks created — are still the most powerful
lobby on Capitol Hill. And they frankly own the place,” Democratic Senator Dick Durbin
8. “After yesterday’s widespread announcement of a “new world order” by the world’s media, “The world is a step closer to a global
currency, backed by a global central bank, running monetary policy for all humanity.” Ambrose Evans-Pritchard of London Telegraph
9. “Toxic Asset Plan Will Leave The Same Amount Of Toxic Assets In The System, But With the Taxpayers Now Liable For Most Of The Losses” Financial
10. “The U.S. government and the Federal Reserve have spent, lent or committed $12.8 trillion, an amount that approaches the value of everything
produced in the country last year, to stem the longest recession since the 1930s.” This is three times the actual Bush deficit in spending in the
first 100 days of President Obama’s Presidency. Bloomberg
11. “Health-care overhaul legislation being drafted by House Democrats will include $600 billion in tax increases and $400 billion in cuts to
Medicare and Medicaid, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel said.” June 12, Bloomberg
12. Across the country growing numbers of tax payers are stating that they will not pay anymore taxes. Promising to not file and just to refuse to
pay, growing numbers of US tax payers have said enough is enough; "We Are Not ATMS!"
13. The Tea Party movement continues to grow, as the anger of the American people over government waste;
The Tea Party Movement Grows
The Tea Party Movement Grows 2
Oblivious to the mounting evidence that the economy of the United States is continuing its slide into a depression and to the growing anger of the
American people at their Governments head long rush into fascism (fascism: "Third Way" in economic policy, which they believed superior to both the
rampant individualism of unrestrained capitalism and the severe control of state communism. This was to be achieved by a form of government control
over business and labor called "the corporate state" by Mussolini, Wikipedia), a large percentage of American’s electorate appear to be in varying
stages of severity of psychotic denial; the worst stages of which include a knee jerk defensive attack mechanism that strikes out at any who point out
what is now obvious to all but those so afflicted with this psychosis.
The psychology of this type of denial is best defined as “A refusal to accept or believe something, such as a doctrine or belief” or “an
unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.” As is plain, this type of denial is
evidenced by numerous posters on ATS itself; blind attacks on any that suggest all is not well or that the end times as portrayed by the Bible are
happening before our eyes.
According to Kübler-Ross, the psychological stages of denial include 1. Denial, 2. Anger, 3. Bargaining, 4. Depression, 5. Acceptance. Now of course
the severity of each of the stages are effected by the sufferer’s associations, family influences, types of media exposure and spiritual insight,
but the condition itself is obvious and treatable for some with reasoned confrontation with the facts. The key is to not allow yourself to become
angry with people at different stages of enlightenment in the truth such as when some accused those in the 9/11 truth movement of being anti-Jewish.
At the center of all psychological denial is a hidden agenda. That agenda is usually not completely conscious--meaning that the denier has not
thought through the issues surrounding his denial; and may not even be aware of what his motivation is in asserting something is true when it isn't;
or false when it isn't…
As can be seen the objective must be one of helping those in denial think through the issues, while also uncovering the true motivation for their
denial. This requires large amounts of patience, as a denier is prone to verbally attack those that present the facts they are attempting to deny.
The hidden agenda or underlying motivation behind the denial is very frequently related to the potential adverse consequences that could ensue
if the denial was eliminated and reality acknowledged. That is where the unacceptable feelings, needs, and thoughts come in. The denier (or part of
him) has made an unconscious decision that awareness of certain feelings, needs, or thoughts is more threatening to his sense of self than the act of
This is a very important point as when the moment arrives for each individual that ‘self preservation’ (of family, economic welfare or freedom) is
the issue, they will be most open to logical argument; intervening with the facts at this moment will be the most productive. Evidence to the fact
that all Americans are facing soon catastrophic personal loss is becoming plainer with each passing day.
You have two choices at this point. You can engage the denier in rational argument in the hopes of breaking through their denial; or you can
work around them and let them suffer the consequences of their denial. The second strategy may be the best in some cases, but is obviously more
difficult if your own fate is tied to theirs.
This is the choice that each of us will soon face. It is for this reason that we must have a plan of action to intervene when the opportune moment
arrives in the lives of deniers we know and deal with; we must have answers and facts to attack each argument the denier has to continue in their
psychosis. Any other ideas?
[edit on 6/15/2009 by SGTChas]