It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing With Denial of the NWO, the Coming Economic Collapse and the Second American Revolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Denial means “unconscious suppression of painful or embarrassing feelings" first attested 1914 in A.A. Brill's translation of Freud's "Psychopathology of Everyday Life"; popularized in the 1980s by the phrase ‘in denial’.” Online Etymology Dictionary

Some of the facts that should be plain that clearly show that revolution and economic collapse are coming:

1. 15% of all subprime mortgages were foreclosed in May with foreclosure rates climbing. Alan M. White of the Valparaiso Law School.

2. The Federal Reserve needs to “borrow up to $3.25 trillion in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30″. Bloomberg

3. China has agreed to buy only 200 billion of Treasury T Bills (sold to finance the debt) total next year, while the oil exporting nations and the rest of the world have agreed to buy 300 billion total. This leaves over 2 trillion dollars that domestic investors will have to buy to float the deficit of the fiscal year that starts September 30th. Congressional Budget Office (After private investors had their private investments taken by the Government and the Unions in the Chrysler and General Motors deal, the experts say that the vast majority of the T Bills will not be sold, meaning the Government will have to print the money monetizing the debt)

4. Dozens of US cities (Like Flint Michigan) may have to bulldozed entire neighborhoods “as part of drastic “shrink to survive” proposals being considered by the Obama administration to tackle economic decline in the nation’s cities.” London Telegraph

5. Democrats in Congress hid a $100 billion bail out of the world’s credit system by the International Monetary Fund, tucking it into the war supplemental intended for operations in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq, according to lawmakers’ aides quoted in a Reuters report.

6. “I will tell you what the problem is,” Collin Peterson (Democratic Chairman of the Agriculture Committee) told the New York Times, “they give three times more money than the next biggest group. It’s huge the amount of money they put into politics. The banks run the place (US Congress).”

7. “And the banks — hard to believe in a time when we’re facing a banking crisis that many of the banks created — are still the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. And they frankly own the place,” Democratic Senator Dick Durbin

8. “After yesterday’s widespread announcement of a “new world order” by the world’s media, “The world is a step closer to a global currency, backed by a global central bank, running monetary policy for all humanity.” Ambrose Evans-Pritchard of London Telegraph

9. “Toxic Asset Plan Will Leave The Same Amount Of Toxic Assets In The System, But With the Taxpayers Now Liable For Most Of The Losses” Financial Times

10. “The U.S. government and the Federal Reserve have spent, lent or committed $12.8 trillion, an amount that approaches the value of everything produced in the country last year, to stem the longest recession since the 1930s.” This is three times the actual Bush deficit in spending in the first 100 days of President Obama’s Presidency. Bloomberg

11. “Health-care overhaul legislation being drafted by House Democrats will include $600 billion in tax increases and $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel said.” June 12, Bloomberg

12. Across the country growing numbers of tax payers are stating that they will not pay anymore taxes. Promising to not file and just to refuse to pay, growing numbers of US tax payers have said enough is enough; "We Are Not ATMS!"

13. The Tea Party movement continues to grow, as the anger of the American people over government waste; The Tea Party Movement Grows & The Tea Party Movement Grows 2

Oblivious to the mounting evidence that the economy of the United States is continuing its slide into a depression and to the growing anger of the American people at their Governments head long rush into fascism (fascism: "Third Way" in economic policy, which they believed superior to both the rampant individualism of unrestrained capitalism and the severe control of state communism. This was to be achieved by a form of government control over business and labor called "the corporate state" by Mussolini, Wikipedia), a large percentage of American’s electorate appear to be in varying stages of severity of psychotic denial; the worst stages of which include a knee jerk defensive attack mechanism that strikes out at any who point out what is now obvious to all but those so afflicted with this psychosis.

The psychology of this type of denial is best defined as “A refusal to accept or believe something, such as a doctrine or belief” or “an unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.” As is plain, this type of denial is evidenced by numerous posters on ATS itself; blind attacks on any that suggest all is not well or that the end times as portrayed by the Bible are happening before our eyes.

According to Kübler-Ross, the psychological stages of denial include 1. Denial, 2. Anger, 3. Bargaining, 4. Depression, 5. Acceptance. Now of course the severity of each of the stages are effected by the sufferer’s associations, family influences, types of media exposure and spiritual insight, but the condition itself is obvious and treatable for some with reasoned confrontation with the facts. The key is to not allow yourself to become angry with people at different stages of enlightenment in the truth such as when some accused those in the 9/11 truth movement of being anti-Jewish.

At the center of all psychological denial is a hidden agenda. That agenda is usually not completely conscious--meaning that the denier has not thought through the issues surrounding his denial; and may not even be aware of what his motivation is in asserting something is true when it isn't; or false when it isn't…
Dr. Sanity

As can be seen the objective must be one of helping those in denial think through the issues, while also uncovering the true motivation for their denial. This requires large amounts of patience, as a denier is prone to verbally attack those that present the facts they are attempting to deny.

The hidden agenda or underlying motivation behind the denial is very frequently related to the potential adverse consequences that could ensue if the denial was eliminated and reality acknowledged. That is where the unacceptable feelings, needs, and thoughts come in. The denier (or part of him) has made an unconscious decision that awareness of certain feelings, needs, or thoughts is more threatening to his sense of self than the act of denial.
Dr. Sanity

This is a very important point as when the moment arrives for each individual that ‘self preservation’ (of family, economic welfare or freedom) is the issue, they will be most open to logical argument; intervening with the facts at this moment will be the most productive. Evidence to the fact that all Americans are facing soon catastrophic personal loss is becoming plainer with each passing day.

You have two choices at this point. You can engage the denier in rational argument in the hopes of breaking through their denial; or you can work around them and let them suffer the consequences of their denial. The second strategy may be the best in some cases, but is obviously more difficult if your own fate is tied to theirs.
Dr. Sanity

This is the choice that each of us will soon face. It is for this reason that we must have a plan of action to intervene when the opportune moment arrives in the lives of deniers we know and deal with; we must have answers and facts to attack each argument the denier has to continue in their psychosis. Any other ideas?

[edit on 6/15/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Good thread, good post. S&F for you, sir.

America is built on denial, perhaps more than any other nation. This is the dark side of the "American dream." People came to the US from all over the world in rickety little boats or crossing the border at great risk, which means they were big dreamers...risk takers who were willing to double down. This creates a culture of optimism at its best, but such optimism can also manifest as DENIAL in its shadowside form.

Thus, I believe that the culture of the "American Dream" and rampant, manic (almost insane at times) optimism also entails more RAW DENIAL.

Another point...to give up the status quo belief and embrace the "fringe" takes a lot of work, because there is a lot of garbage out on the fringe as well as truth. It takes time and effort to sort through the "alternative news world," to decide what is true and what isn't. Most people barely have the time and intellectual watttage to process the headlines from the "straight news," never mind the kind of patient, esoteric blog-combing ATS types are into. So we are always going to be a minority, in a sense, and the masses will always have some degree of delusion.

When things get bad enough, however, people WILL stand up. Who was it who said the civilized world is only two missed meals away from raw anarchy?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Even in school, teachers might or might not admit to a "New World Order". But to be realistic about it, they will also acknowledge that such people know they might or might not be necessary.

Why 80% of the resources go to so few people, is anyone's guess. Corruption in countries that should be providing for their people is my guess. Instead of using the poverty to gain wealth from wealthy countries.
But it's all a matter of perspective.

Denial of an American Revolution may be for good reason. I do not believe that 'the people' have any wish to rise up for freedom, what so ever. They voted for Obama, and really want the changes he is out to accomplish. Distribution of American wealth to other countries is one of those.

Honestly, there are bad people in the US, and the media will do whatever they can to make sure they associate those bad people to any 'tea party-lovin' 'freedom movement'. Yes, they look bad.

I dunno if anyone is really in denial of anything going on. Most people just do not care, so leave it to others to decide for them. Those really in power know this, and they will accomplish changes that they see as necessary, because of it.

Freedom is not going away, it is just changing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Honestly I really don't see anything else we can do. The human mind is a very complex thing that we have yet to understand.

The only thing we really can do is hope they get the message. Most people won't change until the are "living the lie" so to speak. The reason why I say it like that is because they think its a lie that all the doom and gloom is just fear mongering.

Another aspect we have to watch out for though is people that are way too involved in conspiracy world. They pose a threat too.

I see lots and lots of people talking about the inevitable SHTF scenario and are actually hoping for it to happen yesterday. I don't think people fully understand what conditions are going to be like. There really is noway to prepare mentally for what is going to happen. The only people that I think that somewhat know what things are going to be like are people that managed to escape very oppressive regimes, people in the most dangerous ghettos, and the troops that have been in combat.

I think really the question is how do you have a rational argument with somebody when your pretty much telling them everything they know is a lie. I really don't know what else to add really, because none of us have ever been in a situation like this.

Those previous things that I mentioned could compare too it, but in the coming situation there is nowhere to run. How do you tell people that everything they think they know is a lie and on top of it all there is nowhere for you to go too.

Although I find this a necessary topic. So its a great thread! If I have misunderstood what you are trying to accomplish with this thread let me know.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

Therein we have the clash: “changing freedom”. To remake American freedom is an assault on the US Constitution, which makes no provision for ‘change’. This indeed is contributing to the growing anger at government take over’s through bail outs of the private sector.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I was aware of the one world monetary prophecy since the 70's but couldnt picture an actual scenario until now.And the speed and scope of the meltdown is staggering!I imagine the other prophecies will soon follow...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

No, you are right on topic. And I am one of those who believes SHTF is happening real soon; a soldier who has seen this exact slide into hell before. Thank you for your post.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's really funny, every now and then you see an article in the mainstream press to the effect of "How could this crisis have happened? What were we all thinking? How come nobody noticed this before it was too late?"

Such articles make me want to throttle the writer and shout "THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of us saw this coming, but YOU zombies in the press chose to paint us all as lunatics for years on end!"

When we have a more dramatic break, you will see the same sort of soul searching, but it will be even more comical.

I think there will be an "Orwell moment" when suddenly everything does a 180-degree turn. I call it an "Orwell moment" because Orwell described it best: in "Animal Farm," the chant of the sheep changed from "4 legs good, 2 legs bad" to "4 legs good, 2 legs better" in a single day. In "1984," Oceania suddenly changed enemies from Eastasia to Eurasia. Suddenly "Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia and has never been at war with Eastasia."

The "revolutionary change" in our own society will be almost as dramatic. This is because everybody knows, deep down, that things aren't right, but their conscious minds aren't ready to accept it yet. It needs to percolate and knock around their subconsciousness for awhile. Then, when the time is right, a critical mass will seem to emerge from nowhere and millions will "wake up" to the new system (whatever that will be) seemingly automatically...4 legs good, 2 legs better!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think the main reason for this denial is, as you stated, the fear of not only people thinking you're crazy, but publicly outing you as such - even going so far as violently denying you.

I believe that deep down we all know what's up. We know there was more to 9-11 than the media fed us, but the consequences of accepting that fact are gut-wrenching, and subsequently open the door for a plethora of uttely scary and unacceptable truths. This is the rabbit hole many speak of. It sucks you in and there's no escape. When you find yourself in this 'hole' you desperately look for others that see what you see, or perhaps could offer up indisputable 'truth' that this isn't really happening at all. Sadly, the deniers that surround us have no evidence supporting their claims that all's well other than their belief that Evil is something in a book or a movie...that Good always wins...and that no one in power would dare hurt our children, let alone lie to them.

I find myself in the same predicament where I am constantly restraining myself from ranting to loved ones about the NWO, what's coming, what's been happening just because I care what they think of me. It's quickly coming to the point where I can be no longer complacent on these issues, and that everyone I know needs to know what I know and how I feel.

The reality we live in is undeniable. It's not getting better while we turn our heads, in fact it exponentially gets worse as the PTB tighten their grips on our lives, and our futures.

It's obvious. It's blatant. And we can't afford to ignore it. To do so is a sickness. It is a psychological disorder. We're not crazy just because we've awoken to the bigger picture...to choose to remain asleep while the world falls apart around us is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

Here's a video I put together summing up last April, the announcement of the NWO, and where I'm afraid we're headed as a global community:

[edit on 15/6/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
They voted for Obama, and really want the changes he is out to accomplish. Distribution of American wealth to other countries is one of those.

Freedom is not going away, it is just changing.

These two parts of your post make it appear to me that you equate taking away from people the freedom to defend what they worked for, then taking said substance and giving it away to strangers in what amounts to a government sanctioned theft, with true 'freedom', albeit of a 'changed' nature.

Have I misunderstood your meaning?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Excellent post, as you highlight the rabbit hole I have felt myself in for years. Lack of action to wake up our loved ones and friends now is to turn our backs on them. Thank you for your post.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What do you all see as the outcome of all this turmoil?

A) NWO/lockdown scenario: more gvt conrol than ever, or possible engineered dieoff of billions ("depopulation agenda" scenario)

or

B) A citizen tax revolt and/or actual armed revolt/protest resulting in a new system that is ultimately more DECENTRALIZED and involves less gvt control, fewer taxes and services, etc/

???

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I see your option 'B' as the more likely outcome, but getting there is going to be a bloody mess, as those in power never give it up easily.

That's how they take control in the first place, by attempting to "out-ruthless" their victims.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Dealing in the circles I deal in, armed revolution is a forgone conclusion for one important reason, the oath we took to defend and support the Constitution and Bill of Rights from all enemies, both foreign and DOMESTIC. We have our duty, and we have our honor; an enemy is an enemy, period.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
Denial means “unconscious suppression of painful or embarrassing feelings"

Sorry.

NWO is really not what you think it is ...

It is a long waited and overdue replacement for the "good" old Capitalism and nobody really knows exactly what that is.

What you think you see as NWO is actually Capitalism dying, chrashing under it's own weight, digging it's very own grave

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

No, I am sorry for you as ‘capitalism’ is no less than the economic expression of individualism and true freedom to succeed or fail based on your own efforts or lack thereof. As I am sorry for any supporter of the NWO as I know of numerous well trained and VERY upset veterans who will come looking for those responsible for starting the hell that is coming; there will come a reckoning and there will be no where to hide.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

The only difference between Marxism and corporatist fascism is one of semantics. In corporatist, fascist states, you have a power partnership between private corporations and government run by the same group of elitists. In Marxist states, you have a power partnership between corporations created and operated by the government, which are sometimes associated with certain "ministries," and the main body of the government itself, both again run by the same group of elitists. The final outcome is the same in both cases - a system of feudality. Marxism should be distinguished from communism and socialism, both of which technically involve the "dictatorship of the proletariat," meaning the rule of the working class. True communism and socialism are never the forms of government that are actually used anywhere in the world. The forms of government that other countries call communism or socialism are really just Marxism at their core, which involves the dictatorship of a ruling class, and which is sometimes referred to as the "dictatorship of the bourgeoisie."

True communism and socialism always fail because hard work and varying degrees of effort and skill are not adequately and proportionately rewarded, which leads to mediocrity and inefficiency. The system implodes on itself because people have fallen natures as described in the Bible. Because their lot in life cannot be improved beyond that of all the other slaves to the bourgeoisie-run state, the people of the proletariat fall back to doing the absolute minimum to get by, plunging the state's economy into a situation characterized by inefficiency, corruption and incompetence which send it down the road to Zimbabwe. In order for true communism or socialism to work, everyone must be perfectly altruistic in nature, which is completely and totally impossible. In fact, the precise opposite is true. Few, if any, can truly claim to have a thoroughly altruistic nature. Marxism and corporatist fascism fail because they are inherently unfair, creating power and privileges for monumentally undeserving overlords who think they know what it best for the rest of us. Unlike corporatist fascism, however, which is usually based on some form of capitalism and private enterprise, Marxism has the added disadvantage of an economy that is run on communistic principals which lead to near zero incentive to excel at anything, plunging the economy into a state of lethargy and poverty. All political systems, save the one our Forefathers gifted us with, are in the end nothing but glorified forms of dictatorship, that place wealth and power in the hands of a few.

By contrast, our republican form of government coupled with a capitalist economy succeeds because it is based on two Biblical principals. The first principle is that you ought to reap what you sow. This is the opposite of moral hazard, such as where banks reap bailouts at public expense when they have sowed the destruction of the entire financial system in an orgy of fraud. The second principle is that men have been given free will by their Creator to make decisions for good or for ill. This is the opposite of a dictatorship where your decisions are made for you by Big Brother.

In true communism and socialism, everyone is treated equally regardless of skill and effort, a sure loser because people by their nature will not tolerate such nonsense unless it is forced down their throats by the Marxist dictators and ruling class who are treated more equally than their suppressed subjects. Our form of government, when run correctly instead of being transformed into a corporatist, fascist state, creates an open market of ideas and the freedom to choose any of those ideas as each person sees fit. Since not all ideas can be implemented, we have what are supposed to be wise, honest representatives who are elected to help choose which ideas should be adopted based on a majority rule, which the people agree to support and abide by as part of their social contract with our government, that social contract being our Constitution and Bill of Rights. This creates efficiency when you have honest government, as mostly good ideas are adopted by honest, hard-working public servants. Contrast this with having a dictator's tunnel vision, based only on self interest, shoved up the public's collective derrieres. Currently, we can think of many colorful adjectives to describe our corrupt government, but honesty is not one of them, unless of course you were searching for an antonym.

Link

Capitalism bred and nurtured the great innovations and technologies of last century. Period.

[edit on 15/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It's going to be option B. Don't believe me look at Iran.

People say why hasn't America revolted and yada yada yada, and the truth of the matter is when the American revolt comes you're going to see citizens with Artillery that just about matchs what the oppressors are going to have.

If you pay attention to the news that comes from the MSM and alternate media here in America you should be able to tell that the politicians are shook. They see what is going on in Iran right now, and they know its just a matter of time before that looks like a day in the park.

Not that it is going to change anything, because they are too far lost in their own fantasy world and disconnected with reality.

The problem that people are going to run into is that people are going to be unable to choose sides and they are going to get dragged into it. The denial goes both ways, with the citizens and with the people in government.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Things that are getting confused:

1. The ideas of "globalism" and a "new world order" are not one sided. 5thElement alluded to this. There is a peaceful "new world order" meme out there and it was actually the original concept. It is indeed the collapse of CORPORATISM (not Capitalism!) and on that note:

2. Capitalism is not Corporatism. The Current World Order is actually an abhoration of Adam Smith's original idea (which he did not expressly call "capitalism", he only uses this word once in his popular 'Wealth of Nations', if anything it was more the formation of the field of 'economics'). Adam Smith's belief was that (and i'm paraphrasing) "men have the right to exercise their enterprise in a free and fair market". This doesn't mean an unrestricted market. Walmart and AOL-Time Warner do not create a "free and fair" environment.

3. Armed conflict should ALWAYS be considered a last resort. This is called "radical democracy", which is pure democracy i.e; mob rule. It's not pretty, it's not free, and it is riddeled with atrocities. Our government, as corrupt as it is, is actually closer to the mark with a "republic". The challenge is creating a well balanced government free of corruption, something we are not doing very well with right now. We need something like a "separation of business and state". Anyway, rioting and attacking police officers and breaking buildings only plays into the hands of those who want to create division and draw the mass into a gunfight. The passionate drawing of arms when it is not necessary is what leads to prolonged, bloody war and is directly behind the terrorist policies of many Middle Eastern groups.

4. There ARE peaceful and economic movements towards a better "new world order", some of them even exist within governments of various countries. People need to be reading, learning, and advocating these measures rather than cleaning their guns and waiting for the upcoming great war where more humans will mow themselves down needlessly, much to the delight of those who breed chaos.

5. There is no path to peace. Peace IS the path.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by AntonioDMastro]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

These two parts of your post make it appear to me that you equate taking away from people the freedom to defend what they worked for, then taking said substance and giving it away to strangers in what amounts to a government sanctioned theft, with true 'freedom', albeit of a 'changed' nature.

Have I misunderstood your meaning?

You haven't misunderstood me at all. Things are simply changing. Imagine if you could live during a time of freedom from debt, but also freedom from oppression. Freedom to raise a family in peace without having to fear your kids going hungry, like in many places in the world.
Not to say this IS what is coming....

But no, changing the meaning of freedom is not what I am implying at all. I think Americans are using their true 'power' in a wrong way, maybe... And this is going to hurt, when you are as voiceless as those starving Africans that you all seem to think you are more deserving of 'freedom' and resources, than.

To all Americans, it will be a real culture shock when you realize your voice really is as meaningful as anyone in any oppressed country. Deal with it, or.... I have no idea what will happen to us all, because of the few that simply had to 'go down fighting'. I am fearful for us all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join