Originally posted by AntonioDMastro
Things that are getting confused:
1. The ideas of "globalism" and a "new world order" are not one sided. 5thElement alluded to this. There is a peaceful "new world order" meme out there and it was actually the original concept. It is indeed the collapse of CORPORATISM (not Capitalism!) and on that note:
2. Capitalism is not Corporatism. The Current World Order is actually an abhoration of Adam Smith's original idea (which he did not expressly call "capitalism", he only uses this word once in his popular 'Wealth of Nations', if anything it was more the formation of the field of 'economics'). Adam Smith's belief was that (and i'm paraphrasing) "men have the right to exercise their enterprise in a free and fair market". This doesn't mean an unrestricted market. Walmart and AOL-Time Warner do not create a "free and fair" environment.
3. Armed conflict should ALWAYS be considered a last resort. This is called "radical democracy", which is pure democracy i.e; mob rule. It's not pretty, it's not free, and it is riddeled with atrocities. Our government, as corrupt as it is, is actually closer to the mark with a "republic". The challenge is creating a well balanced government free of corruption, something we are not doing very well with right now. We need something like a "separation of business and state". Anyway, rioting and attacking police officers and breaking buildings only plays into the hands of those who want to create division and draw the mass into a gunfight. The passionate drawing of arms when it is not necessary is what leads to prolonged, bloody war and is directly behind the terrorist policies of many Middle Eastern groups.
4. There ARE peaceful and economic movements towards a better "new world order", some of them even exist within governments of various countries. People need to be reading, learning, and advocating these measures rather than cleaning their guns and waiting for the upcoming great war where more humans will mow themselves down needlessly, much to the delight of those who breed chaos.
5. There is no path to peace. Peace IS the path.
[edit on 15-6-2009 by AntonioDMastro]
I definitely hope that this is the case lol.