It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Obama to show a hint of steel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Time for Obama to show a hint of steel

Mr Obama said in Cairo it was not for America to decide which countries should have nuclear weapons. But he has also warned against a Middle East nuclear arms race.

Mr Obama is adopting the strategy of reaching out to the Islamic world while maintaining the threat of sanctions against Iran. Russia is playing a game of its own and may support America but only in exchange for a freeze on the US antimissile system in eastern Europe. The Obama approach has begun to shift the debate.

We have had the warm words. Now is the time for Mr Obama to show there is steel inside his velvet glove.

I remember last week listening to a radio talk show where a military officer called and argues that the there is no discussion that will stop a fanatical religious state from ridding the infidel, so let them get hold of a nuke.

They would love to saddle up an intercontinental missile and ride it into oblivion to the west.

I wonder what sense it makes to allow these volital powers to aquire WMD's.

There is always a reason for policy and action. Will Obama let Iran and others become nuclear?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

He is our fearless leader. And so what after that? He is brave, fearless.

I need a brain transplant.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you fight them, the fight back. Revenge, jihad, redemption, etc.

If you talk/negotiate with them, they still want to fight.

There is no winning in this manner.

Maybe combine the two? Naaaaaa, i doubt that would work

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hopefully he'll be like JFK. He held his ground during the Cuban Missle Crisis. He never backed down, yet he tried to do the right things for the country by being nice. He had a Velvet Glove of Steel. I hope Obama does too. We need a man who can fix things for the better and not do what the last president did, I mean he is, but he is still trying to change things. But we havent seen if he has balls or not. Like it was said only time will tell. I hope he isnt a pu$$y, cause then were Fu(ked.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Disturbing video on Israeli youths responding to Obama's Cairo speech.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

That video is definitive proof of why we need to cut Israel loose and let them fend for themselves.

I look forward to the day they are on their knees, begging for the U.S. to come save them.

new topics

top topics

join