It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians sue for right to burn gay teen novel

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by UltraAgentGirl

Yeah and isn't it interesting you choose the debunked pro gay studies that NO ONE in Science using the scientific method agrees with. You are promoting bunk junk science but I expected as much from you.

I'd like to see this statement qualified.

So you think homosexuality is a product of nurture?

Sorry I have since left the link to the narth website.

I believe what the science indicates. That anyone can be gay just by entertaining thoughts of it the brain can excite the same synapse's I know men who were straight that became gay and some that have done that and went back to straight again.

Is this genetically heterosexual men engaged in homosexual sex or is this the product of social mor'es and a public medias campaign to make anything acceptable regardless of the shortened lifespan gays have and regardless of the STD's, regardless of the increased propensity for drug abuse and depression. I think their is a connection to this and a consequence for all the choices we make good and bad. The gay lifestyle is not all that glamorous and they aren't all that tolerant themselves. They never ever consider their own behavior could be in anyway at the central part of all they claim and all they blame for their station in life and the world. NOO that never occurs to them.

We have seen heterosexuals who would have never believed they could ever get interested in gay sex but when they have no other outlet the brain finds a way with its maleability and platicity to change its orientation. I beleive Gays KNOW this and is why they have such an agenda to lower ages of concent laws in every state and why they want to indoctrinate students with their sexual fetish regardless it has nothing to do with reproduction but done behind the guise of teaching tolerance when THAT kind of thing is no ones business to begin with.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Jez, can you at least link it? Your posts are dishearteningly long.

ha ha I'm sorry about that, Ok, to put it simply, of course I am not for book burning. I think the only reason they wanted to do that is becauise the librarian got them so angry calling the attempt to censorship when that was not anywhere near what those parents wanted. All they wanted is to have the book placed in an age appropriate area. When she refused and made a damn blog about it mocking them as Christians trying to force their morality down everyones throats, they got pissed off and made a statment more along the lines of "You want to bitch about us trying to censorship the library? HERE is how we act when we do that!"

just so the librarian would know the difference and not be so damn presumptuous. You know, all she had to do is say she would have taken care of it. They were older from a more modest generation that most likely would have been fine with that and never saw it again.

Because she was a militant lesbian and one of the complainers worked for the Christian Civil Liberties union, she held all these angry vitriolic ideas I have seen thrown at me here by the same people sharing the same ideological views. All the while, I have had to restrain MYSELF as to not showing the difference of what I am really like when I am being less than tolerant.

Does that help?

[edit on 6/17/2009 by UltraAgentGirl]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Well I used to believe similarly, but then I did some investigation and stopped reading christian websites and learnt a few things.

1: There is nothing unnatural about homosexuality as it's common in nature and well documented in all apes.

2: Sexuality is neurological. Brain scans of gay men show similar behaviour to strait women when given a stimulus.

3: Gender non-conformity in boys is the strongest predictor of homosexuality in later life suggesting that homosexuality develops very early with other traits.

4: The number of older brothers a boy has, the greater the probability he'll turn out gay regardless if he is raised with his older brothers or not.

The investigations into the nature of human sexuality over the last handful of decades show some strong trends. Since FTW!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Sure. Both parties are scum.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by The All Seeing I

I feel so bad for these children..they are but innocent mouthpieces for their parents. I can only imagine the embarrassment they must endure before the dogma actually takes hold of their minds..kind of a vicious cycle.

Just in case you haven't seen the documentary or anyone else here... Jesus Camp puts this molding of young minds in proper perspective.

Here are some highlights from the film:

You can view the whole doc on dailymotion

Just in case you have forgotton; John Wayne Gasey sodomised and murdered at least 33 boys, are all gays like that? All Christians arent like this morbidly obese woman, who should be asking God to control her gluttony instead of preaching to innocents. And in case you haven't heard, the most chosen profession for high ranking illuminati officials as a front, is ministering the "gospel" in cult forms of Christianity.

wolves in sheeps clothing...ring any bells????

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

1: There is nothing unnatural about homosexuality as it's common in nature and well documented in all apes.

Hey apes eat their own feces too but you won't get me to say it's natural so bon a petite! Apes RAPE other apes too,,

IS THAT "NATURAL" also? Does it make it perfectly natural to rape others using your line of argument?

yeah,, uh huh

2: Sexuality is neurological. Brain scans of gay men show similar behaviour to strait women when given a stimulus.

I have already posted links that destroy this idea and make much more sense when you read the data

3: Gender non-conformity in boys is the strongest predictor of homosexuality in later life suggesting that homosexuality develops very early with other traits.

That may be true I have a brother that used to play with dolls, have tea parties, all that, but today he drives a big ole pick up is married and aint gay so it is meaningless

4: The number of older brothers a boy has, the greater the probability he'll turn out gay regardless if he is raised with his older brothers or not.

Again NOT true this is a very flawed study and easily debunked by links I have already provided. NOTHING science has can show unequivocally such factors are true much less a fact

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
reply to post by Imago Dei

Originally posted by Imago Dei

The heathen have an interesting track record for demonizing Christ and Christianity, particularly with the propesterous lie that Christ and satan are one in the same

s, and the Christians have an even more interesting track record for rewriting history. It is well known that the words of the Bible are not what they started out as. It's a documented fact that what we see today as the New Testament was heavily edited at the Council of Nicaea, ordered by the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great in order to resolve the differences between the many religious factions and make Christianity the state religion. It was in Nicaea where books were burned and the text and meaning of the Gospel was edited and altered. There is also, for instance, a very strong case for the fact that last part of the Gospel of Mark was fraudently added to the Bible centuries after the original writing.

Some links that I've found (there are so many):
www.bible-researcher.com...
www.seedofabraham.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Christians today really haven't the right to be throwing stones or judging anyone. The religion has a very bad track record for persucution and deception. If only we could ask the likes of Joan of Arc or Galileo Galilei or the millions of others who died under the hand of the Church what they thought of this great religion.

Burning books is just another of a long line of misdeeds the Church is doing in the name of Christ. I can only hope that Christ Himself will one day look at what's been done in his name and forgive them all.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Neo__]

This is a post I made in a another thread on Lucifer and doesnt give the opportunituy to show what it was in response to, why have you cut and pasted into this thread if I might ask??

I take it that you think taking things out of context makes it truth do you? Well it doesn't.

The council of Nicea, means diddley squat to me by the way, the god of this world creates councils and false fronts all over the show to make things appear credible, which is why there are such things as conspiracy forums for well informed people who know and realise these things.

And the biggest conspiracy of them all is about discrediting the Holy Bible, which only proves to show one thing, It is the truth and satan hates every word of it. Stay on topic if you dont mind.

Moving on...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You claim it'sto biased or to a gay-agenda but the very apparent anti-homosexuality agenda merely attacking this apparent sound stuff from it's own bias is more likely. Science has a bs-detection mechanism called peer review.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Sure. Both parties are scum.

Oh I wouldnt say that, people are very sophisticated instruments, seething cauldrons of emotions and various consequences of poor choices, humble beginings factors of all kinds but as one has already mentioned here. you can stand outside with anyone of them in the middle of a sunny afternoon

and the sun is gonna shine on both of you

Here I thought finally I had someone with a modicum of civility I could engage in a more mature level of discussion.

how disappointing you are the same as those demanding equalness and tolerance and discarding all as "scum"

pity

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You claim it'sto biased or to a gay-agenda but the very apparent anti-homosexuality agenda merely attacking this apparent sound stuff from it's own bias is more likely. Science has a bs-detection mechanism called peer review.

I know quite a bit about peer reviews umm just when was the last time you read anyone of those in your biased research and ,, please share with me the steps given using the scientific method they used and the results falsifying or validating their experiments.

I know the politics that go on in science and the lengths depts of science in every university go to to fudge data to keep grant funding.

It ain't no failsafe and your mentioning it doesn't impress me

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm borderline nihilist. I've met a lot of nasty people over the years. I've adopted the saying "People are scum until proven otherwise." I'm never disappointed.

Both parties in this were fairly out of order. The book didn't need to be moved, and the librarian didn't need to make a blog. People who needlessly kick up a crap storm fall under the scum category.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91639a6d7188.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm borderline nihilist. I've met a lot of nasty people over the years. I've adopted the saying "People are scum until proven otherwise." I'm never disappointed.

Both parties in this were fairly out of order. The book didn't need to be moved, and the librarian didn't need to make a blog. People who needlessly kick up a crap storm fall under the scum category.

Yeah,, I guess we are similar in one regard, kind of ironic too since you are a nihilist and all but I believe all are sinners and guilty as sin being the scum of the earth and needing a savior. I just don't write em off as not worthy of a measure of respect and ill turn the other cheek but after that, you get from me what you dish . Just without all the expletives lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I can probably agree with this. The book doesn't offend me but it did them and I'm just angry at the association made here about Christians in general. The OP makes many threads using this very tactic and I sure hope he gets over his angst.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

"If operating at peak efficiency means not understanding that this is a setup for attention then you're doing a stellar job.

The whole thing smacks of a left-wing conspiracy - to me it sounds like a left-wing pro-gay rights group put these "old people" up to filing this ridiculous lawsuit just to spark outrage and garner attention."

Okay, so I didn't see to deep into it like you. I always thought the Lon Mabon's of the world were really closet homosexuals, like that one military father on American Beauty. I would like to see your evidence. I, like you, just said what I said without any evidence, but you retorted and admonished my claim with your own said saying; so please, pony up and demonstrate this left-wing conspiracy for me.

plucky

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Some generalisations of Christianity - particularly American Christianity, the more typically fundamentalist Christianity, can be spot on. Most won't consider the possibility that they are wrong. That's pretty arrogant.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

Originally posted by UltraAgentGirl
Isn't like you all didn't act like I expected unsaved people to act.

Bye oh and

Jesus loves you

Look, do you even understand how offensive this statement can be to a athiest. I know you mean it in good manner, but to someone who simply does not believe what you believe, and quite frankly never will, you are talking down too, insulting, and demeaning me, and poeple like me, by insinuating I need to be saved. I do not and never will tell you to give up your faith because you are misguided, despite my personal opinion that believes you are.

I have no problems with those of any faith including yourself, but why should I respect you when you are being insulting whether you know it or not. Let christians and gays do whatever they want, just don't expect me to take part in it or be forced into it.

Thats the part you of faith can't come to grips with. I have read your book and found it wanting. That is my right. So why this eternal battle to make us athiests believe in the lord. Notice I said lord and not god, there's a huge differnece. So stop thinking we are misguided lost souls and show us some respect for once as HUMANS who simply live our lives different than yours.

Umm Christians believe unbelievers need to be saved it's a major part of the religion you say you respect and state you have no problem with? And you just said believers are misguided and then insist on them not saying the same about you? Very peculiar dont you think? Stop saying you dont have a problem with it when clearly you do unless of course this is part of athiesm in which case if it is by all means carry on.

You say you read the book, you may have forgotten the part that said only God via the Holy Spirit can lead you to believe, another human being can not make you believe in God.

However, and you wont like this one little bit, God created us with an inbuilt desire to know Him, it is part of our make up as human beings. So IMO, atheism is an illigitimate religion as only a fool can say there is no God.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Some generalisations of Christianity - particularly American Christianity, the more typically fundamentalist Christianity, can be spot on. Most won't consider the possibility that they are wrong. That's pretty arrogant.

whats pretty arrogant was making this thread to keep a stereotype while assuming all those involved are Christians when that is simply not known.

I have heard as much about nilhilists being arrogant but am still here making my own assesments on my own experience with this particular one (you) and so far am intrigued but that is only because I am not allowing pre-conceived notions to overtake my objectivity.

If only the OP would be so "progressive"

hee hee

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

O come on! EVERY thread that has something to do with religion EVER is like that. There is no sense being all so high and mighty.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imago Dei
Just in case you have forgotton; John Wayne Gasey sodomised and murdered at least 33 boys, are all gays like that? All Christians arent like this morbidly obese woman...

A bizarre yet interesting way of putting it.

In think the most significant difference here is that hundreds of parents are eagerly sending their kids to the jesus-freak camp... directly and indirectly supporting this camp director's sole life's ambition/devotion to twisting the minds and hearts of children to abandon critical thinking and embrace ignorance.

Gasey on the other hand had an agenda which if was made public would have him perched up on pitch forks in his own front yard... with house ablaze.

The jesus-freak camp represents a by far larger pool of people who are of like mind, then let's say a monster like Gacey... which on such a dark scale of comparison is a good thing.

Now if we were to be less dramatic/irrational/extreme and more reasonable/realistic ...we should be putting the jesus-freak-camp on an even toe comparison to... let's say... a science-camp... now the jesus-freak-camp director/teacher/preacher looks like a monster.

So in sum, the proof that there are more christians like those who run these jesus-freak-camps is clearly evident. (This is in part why i posted the documentary.)

These camps are incubators for growing and spreading their mental virus into the future. These children are tomorrow's Christian soldiers... to compare this to the relationship between gays and the extreme rarity of a pedophile psychopathic killer like Gacey is a pathetically sad attempt at derailing/detouring a rational discussion about a worthwhile topic. All of these other attempts to connect pedophiles with homosexuality is just a milder version of this shamefully distorting tactic.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Dupe

[edit on 17-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join