It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRNA: Iran's Ahmadinejad wins presidential election with majority of votes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

IRNA: IranIRNA: Iran's Ahmadinejad wins presidential election

news.xinhuanet.com

TEHRAN, June 13 (Xinhua) -- Iranian incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has won the 10th presidential election with the majority of votes, the official IRNA news agency reported on Saturday.

By getting more than 75 percent of votes in the rural areas of the country, Ahmadinejad determinately wins the election, the IRNA said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Either everyone is jumping the gun or it is true. I am sure that if this is the results there will be plenty of scandal tied to the election. The race was thought to be alot closer than what they said in this article, so foul play may become and issue.

I hope for the sake of stability in the Middle East that this election goes without a problem.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To add to the story rumors of voting fraud have already been surfacing. As to the validity of those claims only time will tell.

ATS Thread: Iran Election: First Evidence of possible cheating

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Yes! All hail the iranian free mason..

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Take it for what its worth, but I was watching Fox and they had a guy on there who talked about how easy it is to commit voter fraud in Iran. I can't remember the details on it though.

Of course it could be a case of someone being a sore loser, but I wouldn't discount it simply because he is generally not liked in the western world.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes, phew, that was a close one!

Congratulations Ahmadenijad!!!

Hey, at least we know what he's thinking.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If this is true,im surprised! i knew it would be a close one...but i didn't think he would win! anyhoo yay for Iran.Huge turnout from all walks of life and he won,good for him.Hope he tackles Irans main issues in his term..most iranians are worried about the economy and high unemployment rate,hopefully he gets to work! he did raise the employment rate in his time but its still wasn't good enough i think.Many villages/farmers were happy though as he provided electricity and water to them...hope this time he achieves more.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

So the nut case stays in office.

Maybe we will see WW3 after all.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

As far as i know the nutcase has not invaded two countries nor threatened to invade another...the crazy mofo!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Congratulations to Ahmadinejad, he's one of the few more straightforward and honest governors in the world, even if he is not the 'supreme' leader.

Iran's economic troubles, I suspect is made worse by the embargoes against the country, and not the leader itself.

Neo-Cons may want Ahmadinejad to stay in power so they have an excuse to attack Iran, as the claim is, but once Iran is attacked, its curtains for the attackers as well so...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I agree and his election and "voters fraud" would not be as corrupted as the Bush 2004 win.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Actually he is way crazier. He has said he wants to destroy two countries that could turn his country into glass at the flick of a switch. That is crazy like going up to Mike Tyson in his heyday and saying something bad about his mother. It would be suicide.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Show me where he said that and i'll give you a cookie.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
it is interesting to see that its true our news media is manipulated..as for cnn this morning they where only showing the opposition..i lieterally tought Ahmadejadin would loose...anyone noticed this?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Does this get me a half a cookie?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If it is true it is against the usa wishes, as they would have had a big hand trying to get him out. Israel and usa would be in iran trying to cause problems and getting people to vote for someone else.

Most elections are like america they just make up the results, why do you think iran is different. In america it was proved that ron paul was conned.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

No cookie for you sadly

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ahh cmon.. I am hungry. He chanted "Destroy Israel" is that not the same thing?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

If there is truely a conspiracy to start WWW3 then no, the US would want him in office. If there is no conspiracy then yes the US would want him out.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Now the conflict starts. Stories now are being posted of a now contested election.

AP News source: Iran's Ahmadinejad, rival both claim election win

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's interior ministry said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took nearly 70 percent of the early votes counted, but his pro-reform rival countered that he was the clear victor and warned of possible fraud in the election. The dispute rose up even before polls closed early Saturday, heightening tensions across the capital where emotions have been running at a fever pitch. Mir Hossein Mousavi, the reformist candidate, suggested he might challenge the results.

Looks like this might get a little messy before the dust settles.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join