It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Japanese Carrying $134 Bil Worth Of U.S. Bonds Detained in Italy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

I'll take your word on it. Thanks.

Believe it or not, where I live, Canada, there were $2 bills.

Semantic note, they were fakes not forgeries.

Any idea how they planned to spend them?
Mike

It was a long time ago and it happened in Orlando when I was down there going to University. I can't find the article online just remember it from the papers.

I know I've been living full time in Canada for years now, I still have some $2 can bills, crisp and saved. I don't like the weight of the toonies. They also keep setting off the airport scanners, if you forget to take them out of your pocket. I've been here long enought that I get confused when I go to the US looking at all the money being green.

Good point Fake because there is no real $2 bill.

I think they got caught when they tried to spend them. Which actually could be a good point. If you make a fake (ie a $2 bill) bill but never try and pass it off as "legit" have you committed a crime or is the crime because they tried to use them?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

It was a long time ago and it happened in Orlando when I was down there going to University. I can't find the article online just remember it from the papers.

I know I've been living full time in Canada for years now, I still have some $2 can bills, crisp and saved. I don't like the weight of the toonies. They also keep setting off the airport scanners, if you forget to take them out of your pocket. I've been here long enought that I get confused when I go to the US looking at all the money being green.

Good point Fake because there is no real $2 bill.

I think they got caught when they tried to spend them. Which actually could be a good point. If you make a fake (ie a $2 bill) bill but never try and pass it off as "legit" have you committed a crime or is the crime because they tried to use them?

I asked a criminal lawyer buddy of mine about printing fake currency. He wasn't clear but note courts can convict you based on intent. So I'd imagine if you can show you print things up for fun, not profit, and there is no victim, it's not a crime.

Word is the Canadian penny and nickel will be taken out of circulation soon.

Little known fact, Canadian silver dollars, half dollars, and quarters up to 1962, were pure silver. The US silver dollar has a copper core, unless they are very old.

Mike

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
More sharp thinking from IStockAnalyst

I will say this here and now, I truly used to believe that there are much more important things to focus on rather than griping and complaining about the plunge protection team (PPT) and their machinations as equities or bonds were gunned in the opposite direction to your stance but now I am not so sure.

The reason for this is that we do now know that noted administration official have acknowledged the Presidents working group on financial markets (PPT), that the Fed is openly intervening in the bond market via purchases (quantitative easing), and for some strange reason late day gunning of the SPY's has become commonplace at critical technical junctures.

Go given this shameless intervention and meddling in markets (did I mention AIG, TARP, PIPP, TALF) am I to believe that another government, the Japanese, would never attempt to covertly or clandestinely dump something like U.S. treasuries?

Forget the idiocy or lack of sophistication in their attempt to do it, for that's exactly what they want you to focus on. These 2 with the "fakes" could easily have been the lambs sent to slaughter as the real mules got by. Crazy huh. Dope smugglers do it all the time

Doesn't a rancher in the Amazon take his cattle upstream, then taking the sickest of his herd and walk the sacrificial one downstream to cross the river thereby occupying the piranha while the herd crosses safely?

I am putting aside everything else I am pondering right now regarding this issue and ask you this; tell me what the hell is going on here because from where I sit, some out there think we (myself included) are either too stupid or too medicated to think for ourselves and notice what is going on.
www.istockanalyst.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Japanese nationals have been released-fact
They have been cited as Japanese Finance Ministry Employees-not confirmed
The Japanese Minister of the Interior has resigned-fact
The Bearer Bonds have been cited as real-I believe fact
Who the hell would try to forge 134.5 billion dollars worth of US Notes
FACT the US TARF OR TARP had 134.5 billion dollars of purchases to complete a necessary purchase stated 4 days prior to the arrest of these 2
FACT the Main Stream Media is so silent it is deafening
FACT NYTimes this morning 6-26-09 spouted the same drivel of no information again and same fracking fabricated obfuscations as previous bull#

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

The Japanese nationals have been released-fact
They have been cited as Japanese Finance Ministry Employees-not confirmed

No confirmation of names or nationalities.

The Japanese Minister of the Interior has resigned-fact

No indication of connection.

The Bearer Bonds have been cited as real-I believe fact

More often as fakes. No one has demonstrated bonds of this nature and denomination size ever existed.

Who the hell would try to forge 134.5 billion dollars worth of US Notes

No claim of forgery anywhere.

FACT the US TARF OR TARP had 134.5 billion dollars of purchases to complete a necessary purchase stated 4 days prior to the arrest of these 2

No indication of any connection

FACT the Main Stream Media is so silent it is deafening
FACT NYTimes this morning 6-26-09 spouted the same drivel of no information again and same fracking fabricated obfuscations as previous bull#

This is being treated as any story where confirmed information is unavailable

Incomplete and erroneous information from the source supplemented by speculations all around

Lots of guesses - few facts

Mike

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This comes from South Korea, so take it with a grain of salt.

Fake U.S. Bonds 'Manufactured in N.Korea'

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
This comes from South Korea, so take it with a grain of salt.

Fake U.S. Bonds 'Manufactured in N.Korea'

It appears North Korea is printing counterfeit U.S. bonds. An Italian newspaper reports a recent mysterious case involving US$134.5 billion worth of counterfeit bonds has a North Korea connection. Earlier this month two Japanese nationals were caught in Italy allegedly trying to smuggle the bonds into Switzerland.

Il Messaggero says the fake bonds may have been manufactured in North Korea since the two men are North Korean agents and are believed to have been seeking to purchase weapons.

Admittedly speculative, who knows if it's true. Maybe.

Does fit in with North Korean primitiveness and it's known they have sent ships directly to Italy with personnel.

If true, accounts would be set up trying to use the bonds to leverage huge lines of credit. Unlikely to pass banking diligence, but probably though to be worth a shot.

One reason the US wanted this story ignored was not to give rogue governments any new ideas.

Mike

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Some other ppl have a different take on that over at market ticker.

But at this point it is hard to tell who is lying, and why they are lying,
but any way you slice it, it looks very bad.

2 men released along with "fake" bonds ???

So who knows at this point.

Except....and this is very telling....

I find it incomprehensible that the Italian government released these two if they were actually caught in a massive counterfeiting operation with $134 billion in fake US Securities.

I find it equally incomprehensible that there was not an immediate indictment out of a US Prosecutor coming from such an event and a demand for extradition back to the United States.

And further, I find it equally incomprehensible that if the securities are in fact real, and Treasury is lying, that Italy would not impose the fine.

Only the latter scenario, however, covers what apparently has happened - the two "couriers", whoever they are, have been released and, according to some accounts, they took the allegedly "fake" instruments with them, and there has been no US indictment issued for counterfeiting the instruments.

Uh, can we have some truth here folks, because none of what is being reported adds up and my BS detector is ringing off the hook.

==============================

I'll take this a step further and say that fallout from this in the not
too distant future is the likely trigger event for the predicted
banking holiday in 120 - 180 days.

www.marketwatch.com...

Yes, I do not have hard proof, but my BS detector is sure going off.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Has anyone heard any updates on this? The silence is DEAFENING!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I had to bump this..
This needs to be heard about..
WTF is going on!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Either way, real or fake bonds, I guess 2 pairs of cement shoes are being casted now.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Every one here posting is great .S&F to OP.... This thread is akin to a really good whodunit. There hasn't been any resolve and we will probably never know the who???? I used to read Christopher Story's articles and will miss them much . If we use his cast of players then we might be able to imagine just WTH is going on . Still even if we knew what the heck could we do

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Nice bump. Astute reasoning what can we do? We only have one real option, abandon fiat currency, aquire food, life sustaining items, survival knowledge, precious metals.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Dorfl
company/private person that somehow got their hands on this. Are there any ex-dictators that could have taken this out of their till?

That's a lot of cabbage.

134 Billion? that's a country not an individual.

Adding a link that is still available with story concerning 2 Japanese and 134 billion in "bonds".

www.japantoday.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

Slayer you have an opinion on the current happenings?

Alan Greenspan now implicated in $134.5 billion bond scandal
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Watch out for news on this story on wikileaks

This italian website which, despite appearances, is considered very reputable and well informed, yesterday anticipated that the cables leaked by weakileaks will contain information on the seizure of these 134 Billion US bonds by italian authorities at chiasso...

www.dagospia.com...
edit on 29-11-2010 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Nice first post

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
reply to post by mmiichael

I seem to recall $2 bills in the US too though I haven't seen one for awhile. They were always rare but perfectly legal as far as i can remember.

They are legal but were regarded as unlucky, or sinful. Last time I saw them was in Cuba in the 80s, when the greenback was in use more so than today.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86

This italian website which, despite appearances, is considered very reputable and well informed, yesterday anticipated that the cables leaked by weakileaks will contain information on the seizure of these 134 Billion US bonds by italian authorities at chiasso...

www.dagospia.com...
edit on 29-11-2010 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, I was wondering about this recently. The story died a death very quickly didn't it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by monica86

yes I remember that story.
I do hope we come to some closure
on that ordeal. I don't ever remember
a follow-up story done of that either.
I wonder if 2 suits showed up and
flashed a badge and took them
away in a black sedan ???
hmmmm

edit to add:
50 yrs old? hmmmmm
Sounds a lil like either

Yakuza

or

White Dragon

the article doesn't say whether they had
lots of tattoos does it ??? dang-it
edit on 11/30/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bomping this one.

Were these guys TEPCO employees or did they have any patents or IP based deals with any Mafia or TEPCO subsidiaries?

Oh man I gotta go watch that "Catch Me If You Can" movie again, this is some crazy arse shaznatt. Remember how in that movie they finally go to the mobster-sounding guys who tell him the checks are printed on such and such machine and how much it weighs, etc, etc and finally they track the dude to France?

Hmm, a billion buys a lot of cladding, for ones soul and also other structures.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join