It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep disturbances and the 'time monks'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that all of the above is not really of any importance. Think of it as fireworks on the road to awakening. Others will have different experiences. Some will feature aliens, some angels, some Kundalini like surges up their spines, etc, etc. The main thing is the message of love. It is all that matters. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
After reading this thread I had to sign up and relay my own feelings about this enlightenment/awakening.

I think it started for me in 2005. I started when I chose a career as an EMT. I saw all the ugliness associated with that career choice and thought to myself 'why are people even in this field if they don't want to HELP others?' I was so sickened by what I saw that I quit 6 months shy of my Associates Degree. I felt it was literally killing my soul.

I then decided to study Massage Therapy. I moved to another city to attend this school and from the moment I moved there I felt negative energies in this town. Living there caused my anxiety to worsen to the point where I never drove, I always had my boyfriend drive. I remember waking up for 2 weeks with Anxiety attacks so bad that I would be crying on the way to school. My teacher helped me with my anxiety by using means of meditation and herbal remedies that helped alot at the time. Even though living there was hell for me, I will not regret attending Massage school. There I learned about Eastern medicine and also about the Chakras and the art of healing. We also learned how to emit positive energies, meditate, etc. This class was what started my research into most of the topics here on ATS!

While taking this Eastern healing course I had my first OBE. I was so freaked out by it that I didn't tell anyone about it, and when I DID it was simply brushed off as "just a dream". But I know it wasn't. I have also had past experiences of Sleep Paralysis.

I have always had anxiety but I feel like it has been heightened in the last couple of months. Some days I will be really ill and nauseated, and the smell of chicken will make me sick to the point where I reconsider eating meat. I had a point in time a few months ago where I would wake up every hour on the hour and go right back to sleep. I too feel as if I'm waiting for something to happen, that something is EXPECTED to happen but what? I can't talk to anyone about this kind of stuff because I too am labeled as being "crazy" for having these thoughts. I am not sleeping well at all, I will be up for 18+ hours and only get 4 hours of sleep BUT I feel fine. When I wake up i also feel like I didn't sleep at all, like my mind is racing from the SECOND I wake up.

I was once approached by someone who said I didn't come from this Earth after talking to them for only a few minutes, and this was about a month ago. Stuck me as odd. I also have been an empath all my life and I am very in tune to people's emotions/thoughts/feelings without even talking to them. I can pick it up by simply observing them.

As of late, I've just had this feeling that I don't really care too much about money, why do we need it? Why does the world revolve around it? I sometimes wish we could go back to living simplier times.

This is my first post so sorry if i didn't go about it the right way, but I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and glad to find out that I'm not the only one this is happening to.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
some people think this is normal sleep distrubances not just natural ones you lot could be drinking to much caffiene smoking or everything

i personally have these sleep disturbances were i feel aware even though im fast asleep it feels like so much energy is trying to communicate with me or something its weird lol

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One night, this was a few years ago, after going through a bout of anxiety and paranoia regarding the state of the world and what I could do about it - I'd been hammering away as part of the "911 truth movement" since the spring of 2002 (I just KNEW something stunk to high heave there), and I'd been praying hard - when I laid down for sleep, I got all these twitchings all over my body, and I imagined that maybe I was being "operated on" by higher beings or something, and this was going on continuously as I fell asleep and I think it went on for most of the night while I slept. On awakening, my whole body felt like rubber or something, it was really odd, but not so bad, and the first thing that occured to me is that something HAD been working on me all night, and had turned me into "Love" itself. I even said aloud "I am love", and then I got freaked out and got a little angry, saying, as if to God, the angels, whatever, whoever, "I can't live as love in this world, it's just not possible, I can't do this!" Too bad I didn't just go with the flow...

Now, from meditating, I've come to understand that this was a massive energy flow running through my entire chakra nadi channel system, but it still had something to do with my prayers, and the battle I was attempting to wage relative to the evils of the evil empire.

I know I'm not crazy, the things that I've experienced, since about late 1996, these have been valid spiritual experiences and not psychosis, and now? Through much study and contemplation, I've been able to integrate it all, and am just fine, but I suspect I'm more powerful than I realize, because the spirit of the universe basically moved into me and undertook a complete rennovation, alternation and addition! At one level, this is what I wanted and what I had been praying for, indirectly, aking for the light to come on in, and on another, I felt like it went too far, and that it might have "violated" me in some way, as if it could have been a bad spirit, but I don't think so now, looking back in hindsight. God - spirit will go to ANY lengths to complete the project, once started.. there are no half measures. He (they) whatever, whoever, will not stop short until the great work is complete - they won't leave a building under construction half finished, so be careful what you pray for!

"He gives and takes away"

[edit on 17-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So I think that maybe some people, especially those designed to be more tuned to the spirit, given all the conditioning we get from this false social construct we are squeezed into, are having a struggle because of nothing more or less than resistence. The spirit is wanting to shift them to the next level in a transformative way and they are consciously and unconsciously resisting it. The one person mentioned that when they did a little self talk before bed and said to themselves, ok, I can do this, I can handle this, let it be ok - slept like a baby that nignt!

Let it be ok, with non-attachment, non-judgement and non-resistence.

That was my problem. What happened to me was for a reason and it was a good thing, but it was so foriegn to my regular experience, that I had to reject it as being somehow "wrong". That said, some of these shifts can be very powerful and somewhat overwhelming if not disturbing, and some of us may have a lot of ego stuff going on as well about how new age or enlightened we are, as if we've arrived, when the very thing we need is what's been trying to get our attention, but because it's outside of what we think we already know or who we think we already are, it is resisted.

Lose the resistence, and there'll be no more disturbance since whatever it is will then be integrated. That's my advice and two cents..

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have really weird sleep habits,I am nocturnal for the most part, don't get tired until sun is rising.Sometimes I will be up for 24 hours or a little longer,and than go to sleep in the late evening that day and crash for like 10 hours.I rarely remember having dreams. If I do have them it has a surreal quality to it and is lucid or it is conveying information. I wake up and I'm ok Tired but awake.I get around 4 hours a night.Not including the occasional sleep marathons.

I often get suicidal thoughts because I want out of here,I know this planet is not my home, it feels like a jail.I have felt this way for years.. Also I see reality is really two realities overlapping each other.
I think existing in a juxtiposition of two separate and incompatible realities and being aware and consious is very hard on people not of here. I think this anticipation feeling has to do with the separation of these two realities.

I dunno why, I just don't like life here, I feel trapped. I am discomfited by this body,my mind,I seek to go back to my source.This world seems so wrong to me.It hurts to see the rampant cruelty and senslessness.Text 4Text bold

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by underground panther in th

Please hang in there. You're obviously here for a reason, and if what I've seen is true, there's a longgggg line to get here. It's an honour to be here in this sphere we call Earth, you're just having a hard time seeing that in the space you're in right now.

Reach out. Send me a U2U. Call a friend or family member, get into human to human contact, and join us in meditation by participating in this thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Start slow though, so it's a good experience for you.

I don't know you, but we share this same ground, so for what it's worth, I love you. Don't go. You're needed here, just haven't discovered the reason yet.. and remember, YOU asked to be born here, it was your choice to come here, so it would make no sense to leave prematurely..

Rob

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by underground panther in th
I have really weird sleep habits,I am nocturnal for the most part, don't get tired until sun is rising.Sometimes I will be up for 24 hours or a little longer,and than go to sleep in the late evening that day and crash for like 10 hours.I rarely remember having dreams. If I do have them it has a surreal quality to it and is lucid or it is conveying information. I wake up and I'm ok Tired but awake.I get around 4 hours a night.Not including the occasional sleep marathons.

I often get suicidal thoughts because I want out of here,I know this planet is not my home, it feels like a jail.I have felt this way for years.. Also I see reality is really two realities overlapping each other.
I think existing in a juxtiposition of two separate and incompatible realities and being aware and consious is very hard on people not of here. I think this anticipation feeling has to do with the separation of these two realities.

I dunno why, I just don't like life here, I feel trapped. I am discomfited by this body,my mind,I seek to go back to my source.This world seems so wrong to me.It hurts to see the rampant cruelty and senslessness.Text 4Text bold

... and from the look of it, you also dont know how to use the 'bold' text option...lol, nah, Im just kidding you,

However, I am sorry you are so uncomfortable with being here... I totally emphasis with you... though I have learned to accept it as there must be a reason that Im forced to endure it....

and when I say this, of course I dont mean the trees, the animals, and the amazing beauty of this world...

... I mean the mindset, the system, and the narrow, closed minded, asleep at the wheel people who out-number me...,

Edit add, as Omega says, u2 if you need to talk... and and, -- there are also good things you know., you can manage it , just stay strong, dont let it get the better of you,, for there is a better,

[edit on

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

Last night in particular left me with a strange feeling of 'crossing over' into another type of conciousness.

Yes, do this all the time, and when I finally got my head around the fact that we are simultaneously existing in many dimensions at the same time! -- my next question was.... yes, but how many??

Not necessarily a bad thing but the tone of my dream was dark. A party with young girls (3) was going on and they were doing weird dances in which their limbs moved as human limbs cannot. One of the girls broke away to go play the piano and some of the adults present started to panic. When the girl began playing the piano, she was singing a song that developed into a type of chant (best way to describe it I guess). A person appeared next to her at the piano and she smashed this persons hand with a paper-weight, sufficiently mangling it. At that moment the "person" turned around, seemed to shrivel with age before my (dream) eyes, then some spirit (or conciousness) animated itself within the young girl at the piano, who started to distort and laugh in a maniacal fashion. The vibe was utterly disturbing (obviously). I wish I could explain this properly. The thing with dreams is that they make perfect sense until we try to express them in our 'normal' reality.

after reading this, I also knew it was one of 'those' dreams... I had one where I was sitting there watching these two beings in the process of cutting my leg off with a blow-torch,.. needless to say I was keen to get out of 'that' dream...

I shared this because I want to get a feel of what everyone else is experiencing as this progresses. Also, I am eager to find the common denominators between us.

I am currently working on trying to stay coherent as I access parts of 'myself' in altered states of consciousness, (during meditation) ..but but, , I have not the faintest idea what the blazes I am interacting in... its way way beyond the means of putting it into words...

If I am getting closer to understanding, then it is moving at a hairs breadth ... but even so, I am happy with that, its progress, and I cannot complain..

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Every day, something new and amazing comes to light in this thread. The common experiences among us, etc. I love it
! Now that we have enough affirmation from eachother to determine that we are not crazy, I think we should definitely move forward with a probing experiment (to get further information on what we are actually experiencing and what the purpose is).
I reached out to a TWZ expert (here on ATS) for info on upcoming peak dates because I thought it could play a helpful role in some of us 'tapping into' the universe. I realize that sounds extremely flakey but I cannot think of another way to describe it. Other thought experiments have been performed on ATS with intriguing results. I think our aims are reasonable enough that we should get some good stuff via mass meditation and energy projection. After all, we are simply looking for answers and guidance, pure information, etc.

On a different subject, I noted what OmegaPoint was saying about resistance and it's very true. From early childhood, I experienced OOBE's, visions and various other phenomena with ease. In adulthood, it get's infinitely more difficult to roll with these things (at least for me). I spent a great much time trying to block it all out and just 'be normal'. I guess the time has come for everyone with the inherent 'knowing' to be awakened. I am the first one to admit it's not at all easy to let go of the reality we're accustomed to. It's frightening to see the fragility of what we've always believed to be true. The anxiety and variety of other disturbances go hand in hand with this whole thing...and that can really suck at times!

The vital thing is that no one is alone in this and no matter how discombobulated we feel, it's all going to happen anyway so we can help eachother to make the best of it. Something is transitioning in this world and even people in denial are feeling the effects in their own small ways. Eventually, I believe everyone is going to be experiencing a manifestation of the coming changes (whatever they may be). I just hope we don't have to die before we wake (but that's a personal issue)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have had sleep disturbances my entire life, almost always a night-owl from birth, doing my best work late at night.
As an adult, I've usually not had a problem falling asleep unless there was a major stress in my life. Staying asleep is another thing. Always waking up at least 5-6 times a night, with at least one wake up phase where I'm unable to fall back asleep.
In December all that stopped. I suddenly, for no reason, started falling asleep as usual and staying asleep through the night. Typically, my natural wake-up time is 6:30 am no matter how tired I am. Now, I could sleep until noon and have a very hard time waking up in the morning. After decades of only 4-6 broken hours of sleep, I was very content with this new development.
Now I'm wondering what's really up!
I've got a close friend going through the same thing. For the first time in his life he doesn't have to take sleeping pills, and somedays he could sleep all day after going to sleep at 9pm.

I've also been going through the "no interest in work" thing that some of you have mentioned. This has been going on for 2 years now. It just seems like I've got more important things to do.

I've always been the type to eat whatever I want, and that has always been typically fruits/vegetables, though I do eat meat. I refused to eat meat until I was about 7 years old, or drink milk. I just couldn't tolerate the texture of it. Now, it is simply that my body craves natural vitamin rich foods almost all of the time instead of in general.
I am seeing that I don't eat as much as I usually do.

I think a lot of people feel that "something" is about to happen.

A lot of people are waking up finally and are completely frightened by it and just keep trying to crawl back under their rock. There's a lot of "I know, but...I just can't talk about it...this isn't something I can deal with right now...I always thougth these things, but it just can't be real...I like the way my life is and don't want to get distracted by these things..."

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new ALTA report to see if there are any updates on the 'sleep phenomena'. Unfortunately, even though I paid for the damn report on HPH, I have to wait because my paypal acct is linked to my checking which takes a few days to clear payments
. I presume I will not receive the report until that time. In any case, I will post any applicable info I come across, as we are not allowed to post the actual data from the ALTA's.

I am checking this thread all the time, eager to here your testimonials....keep up the great info sharing!

xoxo

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975 I just hope we don't have to die before we wake

very true, a good way of putting it..,

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I usually fall asleep around 3 or 4 in the morning, and get up about 7 or 8. I cannot fall asleep because I have too much going on in my mind. As for the sense of urgency, or anxiousness that we have been feeling...I've had that feeling for about 2 and a half years. I actually have developed a bit of a fear...not quite a phobia...just an unsettling feeling towards the sky. The phrase "something wicked this way comes," often pops into my head when it happens...so I have to go inside before I have a panic attack. The past few years I have also had some things happen to me that have changed me. I am more interested in the universe and becoming a more rounded individual all together. And then there was my unsettling experience which I do NOT want to talk about. It's why I'm on here. I'm looking for answers. Anyway, I understand what you mean.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww

I actually have developed a bit of a fear...not quite a phobia...just an unsettling feeling towards the sky.

Okay, that is too weird! That's been my newest 'freak out' thing. All I can say is that I feel 'unsettled ' or disturbed when I'm looking at the sky. I used to love to just zone out and look at the clouds and all that......not so much these days
. I even have to avert my eyes because I just start to feel off. I wasn't even going to mention that aspect of it because I thought maybe it was part of the generalized anxiety I'm feeling....but it's pretty damn specific so I can't ignore it. It seems to bug me most when I'm driving. It almost appears to be unnatural, the way it looks, the backdrop against the world........ugh.....this is truly creepy.

Again, this makes me revert back to what was mentioned in the ALTA 1309. They indicated that the 'sleep disturbances' and mass anxiety would be of an ET nature. Does this have something to do with feeling unease with the sky now?????? The plot thickens!

Edit to add: Another thing about the 'sky disturbance' is that when I do look at it for any length of time, I almost expect to see something. Then I freak out and don't want to look at it anymore......... we're all going f***** crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Try the meditation stuff, the "remedy" already provided to resolve these things. In truth, the whole universe resonates to the frequency of love and good will. These things are from within, as a resistence to the all in all or the collective consciousness. Project love and good will all around, and that is what will be reflected back, and then the sky will be your friend.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

You know I always respect what you're saying Omega, but personally I don't have all the time I need to meditate, get in touch with the universe and get a good grasp on all of this. It's just not working that way for me. It's a problem undoubtedly.

In a sense, I'm almost hesitant to open my mind too much these days.........I'm worried about what the hell else might try to creep in! I'm being absolutely serious too. I've expressed my feelings in that it's not all happy, happy, joy, joy the way it's coming to me. Not at all. It's disturbing and tremendously disconcerting at times. It's very much like teetering on the edge of reality....and I think I have mentioned before that I do not want to cross a line I cannot return from. I need the small bits of sanity I have left. I never much cared for psychotropics, and that is what it feels like to me sometimes. The last few months have been extremely trying for me and I don't want to risk my fragile state. Although I am happy to report I'm experiencing a few nights of reasonable rest here and there...and I am getting some reprieve from the anxiety attacks, albeit not nearly enough.

As always, I appreciate the torch of hope but sometimes it just seems far fetched.
I will certainly keep trying and my mind is as open as it can be right now. BTW, could you send some sun my way. This weather is not helping my mental state one iota! Thx xoxox

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I understand, but I just happen to know that as a sensitive person, your difficulty is that your threshold level is too low, and your fear and concerns are inhibiting your capacity to integrate at higher levels of awareness. It's entirely up to you, but if I were you, I would want to figure out hot to transcend it, to be free. There's nothing wrong with the universe or creation, but there's something wrong with the programming we've recieved from birth, which is out of alignment with the reality as it really is, and this incongruity is at the heart of your anxiety imho. Therefore, the problem or the incongruity is within you, within us, within our false, outmoded map of reality. So we are at cause in our suffering and our disquieted discontent. You are more powerful by many many orders of magnitude than you realize, and much more resiliant. This CAN be overcome. We are not victims of the creation. It was made FOR us, out of love, but there is a flaw, and that flaw is deep within - why not try to surface it and heal it in the light of increasing awareness?

I can't say any more, other than that it's better to face it now, head on, than wait, and have to go through the dark night of the soul and possibly lose one's sanity or really fall out of balance - that's no fun at all, I've been there.

Early childhood trauma also plays a role in this, so there are issues sometimes around guilt and shame and of hatred, anger, and the need to forgive in the face of terrible injustices. Super sensitive, low threshold people are almost always victims of extreme childhood trauma of one kind or another.

There IS great joy, on the other side of suffering, willingly embraced and faced head on...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Well damn Omega, you did hit that one on the head.
I'm extremely impressed with your insight! You know, maybe I will do some soul work this weekend. I had another extremely tough night (last night). The nightmares are getting worse and more frequent and I have to start getting this in check. I know it's a manifestation that I can work with (but sometimes I just don't want to)
. For everyone one easy day I have, I get 8 where I feel as if I'm going to just bust out of my skin.

If it's okay, I may call on you for assistance. I do not think my old methods are necessarily going to be effective for where I need to get myself to. If I can get one day without rain to put my herbs in the garden, that will help me get into a better state for delving into this! If the sun comes out today I am going to walk right out of my office......

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Think of fear as an ant and love as an elephant. Let the big one love the little one away. The ant cannot win against the elephant.

The energies and light coming in now are rooting out old hurts and feelings. In meditation shower them with focus and love. Let the light in those dark areas and love your self for who you are! You are part of a whole, the whole is being uplifted, in shining the light into the darkness, you remove it, thus raising your vibration to match earths new vibration.

Earth's frequency used to be around 7.5 Hz, I've read lately that it is at 12 Hz now. That is a giant jump!

Use it to your advantage and don't get lulled into believing anything different than you are a god and master of your destiny.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by blujay]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join