It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Chihuahua tasered, shot dead by police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Okay...sorry but i cannot stop laughing.....

I am only wondering why he never called for a SWAT team.

Me too. finally a good use for the taser!! I hate those little genetically disformed squirls. And I am a real nature lover, but those things are a mistake. A SQUAT team would also be good. ;-)

I once read a newsarticle in my country where a critter like that in a fit ate the face off on old woman (she died afterwards).

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Pjotr]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I guess in your state been out off duty is OK to shot at will, but my neighbor across the street lost his job as a cop last summer when the neighbor from across from his house's pit bulls (two of them) ran into is house and he used his service revolver and shot at them, he didn't even kill them just grazed one of them with a bullet, we all supported his actions in the neighborhood as the dogs were dangerous and been breed for fighting.

Still he lost his job.

The man you talk about in your post, obviously have mental problems if he does that to an animal he will do that to another human being.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What was it? A Giant Chihuahua? Chihuahua/Doberman mix? Jeez.

17 bites on his hands? What the heck was he trying to do anyway. He could have taken the puppy out with his baton in one fell swoop.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
First off, I would ask for proof that these officers in fact tased the dog - tasing brings grown men to their knees. Kind of hard to swallow that it wouldn't do the same, or worse, to a 5 lb dog.

Second, I would ask for the incident report on the jogger's complaint - IF in fact there was a jogger to begin with.

Third, I would request the medical report, or photographic proof, or SOME proof of that many bites on the idiot's hand.

Fourth, I would file a lawsuit so fast it would make that cop's badge spin. IF the dog bit someone then you speak with the dog's guardian - NOT the dog. I would be demanding to know why Animal Control was not called for a DOG BITING incident.

All the idiots had to do was to leave a card on the door or gate asking the property owner to contact the police department. Was the dog outside or inside ? If he was inside, I'd file another lawsuit. If it were a felony, and a bigger freakin' dog, then yeah, I'd buy the urgency defense - but if the dog bit the cop's hand that many times (which I highly doubt) then an investigation should be initiated into what could be wrong with that cop's reflexes that when a dog snaps/bites once, why force the issue and keep trying to contain the dog. Call Animal Control if you can't contain a dog - and stick to casing out the doughnut shops.

A lawsuit needs to be filed since that cop was acting outside of his scope of training. He/she is NOT an animal control officer and that is where the lawsuit comes in -

What did they need to "contain" the dog for in the first place? The dog wasn't going to be arrested so there was no need to "contain" him. A chihuahua will snap at most strangers since they, rightfully so, don't trust people other than their owners.

This has wrong written all over it. I'm sick of cops gunning down people's pets and expecting to toss out that "I felt threatened" BS line just to cover their asses.

Bully mentality cops need to understand that dogs don't bow down to them like a human will. And if a dog doesn't jump when the cop says jump, that is NO reason, nor excuse, to draw down on one and take his life.

I hope the idiot makes it into the abuser database at PetAbuse.Com God help any doughnut shop hopper that ever causes my dog injury or death.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What ever happened to a good old punch in the nose and a swift kick. That would have stopped the dog.

I'm not advocating violence toward dogs but MY GOD! Taser and shoot it!?

I'm sorry but I have lost all faith in police officers. There are good ones, there are bad ones but the bad ones are making all of them look bad.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Laugh now but it's not just chihuahuas/small dogs they do this to - lest we forget the horrific incident where the big bad cop thought the family in the vehicle were wanted people so they pulled them over. The family had their dog in the car and during the stop the dog got out of the car, the owner was begging the cop not to shoot his dog, and boom, he shot him anyhow. Right in front of the family.

Video

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Aren't all cops issued needle proof gloves? I still cant imagine why he would put out his hands so many times.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
More than likely the cop tried to get the dog, the dog responded with a sharp snap/bite and ticked the cop off.

And thus, there went the dog's life because the cop was mad.

He needs to be fired from his job for not being able to use his thought process adequately in a situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is just horrible! At first I laughed when I saw the title. Who tases a Chihuahua?! What are cops just allowed to tase anything now a days? Didnt I just read a cop tased a 72yr old lady?! Now they not only tased BUT shot a dog three times! This is just sad and it makes me angry. These cops lately in the news just seem to over use their authority. Havent they ever heard of animal control? AC would have come and they would have grabbed the dog with no problems...It's a Chihuahua for heavens sake!! That poor family, first they are at a funeral and then they come home to their dog being murdered by the police. Why were they on the porch?? Why didnt this cop put a blanket over the dog or anything else like that??! My cat which was bigger than this dog got out and freaked! She attacked me and my neighbor.. All I did was put a shirt over here, while her teeth were sunk into my arm, and hold her in a tight ball and when she got inside she was fine in 5mins. I am pretty sure cops are trained to deal with animals and what to do when they are confronted with one. Heck the postman gets this training so you would think cops do too!! The dog was obviously scared of them or felt threatened. There was NO reason IMO to shoot or even tase this dog. Also how did a taser not take it down?

[edit on 6/10/2009 by mblahnikluver] while looking more online about this I found Jack the little dog's picture. Why would two cops be afraid of something that weighs about 5lbs.??
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0faed44f85f8.jpg[/atsimg]
source news.ninemsn.com.au...

[edit on 6/10/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Exactly!! I had a pit bull chase me once when I was on a bike ride. I kicked it as hard as I could while cycling and it stopped dead in it's tracks and went away. There were many other things they could have done but chose the most ridiculous and cruel way possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow you are so lucky to have gotten away from that pig, the cat was sacrificed for your awareness in a way, he saved your life. Statistically cops are no 1, at the top of the list in the domestic violence category, our fear of these weaponised psychopaths is slowly changing to hatred and disscust

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just for the record, I was once attacked by someone's loose pet chihuahua (astonishing I know, it didn't even seem to be rabid) and this little bastard bit me incredibly hard, I was shocked at just how hard they can bite, but when you remember the quick carnage they can inflict on chew toys you can see why that would hurt your hand.

Now I didn't shoot the chihuahua, but then again, I didn't have a gun with me at the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I don't care how many times the officer was bitten, IT'S A CHIHUAHUA!!!!! How could a dog that small possibly have presented enough of a threat to a grown man that he was forced to taser and shoot the poor thing?

this type of thing happens on purpose to garner the exact same response it's getting from you.

-

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Getting bit once or twice, I can understand....'oops, maybe I should let this little booger down.'

I've also been bitten by a chee-wha-wha once before...once was enough for me. I don't know that I've ever seen a grumpier breed of dog. Napolean complex or something. Excellent watchdogs, and they fit in a BOB, so portable as well..

This is the part I'm getting tired of reading:

'and the local police department claim that the officers handled the situation according to department policy.'

WTF? Ya think it might be time to someday, eventually, look at theses asinine 'policies' of yours?

Let's defend the IDIOT that got bit 17 friggin times, trying, apparently, to do the same thing over and over again, expecting different results...

One of the Resident Evil movies, the zombie guy is trying to fit the blocks into the same size holes..he tries to force it a couple times then snaps...pounding the two hapless lab technicians while the evil boss watches from outside the door....cops.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I hate chihuahua's but I don't think the officers should have gone to those extremes.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The police force in the US appear as though most of them are on drugs. I can't believe they shot the dog to death. It's not like it's a huge german shepherd that could take you down to the ground.

If you're gonna be hating on the cops though, just hate YOUR cops
The police force in NZ do a very good job

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This - and many other stories - are exactly what happens when you remove the rule of law from the people who enforce the law.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If an average citizen had done the same thing, would the cops feel that this kind of action was justifiable?

The average citizen would have been in a slammer facing cruelty to animal charges.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If it took three shots to kill this dog, it must have been the Rasputin of all dogs.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sorry this had to happen to the little boy's dog. People that are cruel to animals and humans make me want to be cruel.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Come on, you can stop a pit bull from a lock by simply cutting their air way, are you telling me a grown man couldn't grab this tiny dog and stop him? NO WAY~

This police state must stop, it just has to stop these reports are not random they are becoming daily fare. I think it is going to take people in these communities making a huge stink, people suing these busturds, and hitting the news on a regular basis.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join