It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Chihuahua tasered, shot dead by police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
I just read the article here www.inquisitr.com...
its disgusting, what could this dog have possible done.
This article shows a pic of the dog that was shot

Dear god that's not a dog it's puppy, for christs sake what's the matter with the cops in your country ?

How on earth is it possible for a puppy to bite someone that amount of times on the hand ?

What the hell were the cops doing at the property to begin with ?

If they did not have good reason to be at the property, eg a warrant then the dog, if it really did act aggressively was only doing what dogs supposed to do "guard the fricking house"!

If Grandma was in her rocker on the porch when the cops arrived and proceeded to sink her dentures into the would be burglar cops. Would she have been tasered and shot 3 times ?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
how the hell did it take 3 shots to kill that poor thing. shoot you would think that being so small the taser would have done some major damage in the first place.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
by: JAM321 -page 2-

If an average citizen had done the same thing, would the cops feel that this kind of action was justifiable?

The average citizen would have been in a slammer facing cruelty to animal charges.

I don't think you could've said it any better.....

I am curious though, as there are quite a few LEO's that are members of ATS, I have not seen one response posted by one in this thread to justify this action. Having been said, I can only imagine the embarrassment they may feel, current LE and retired.

No not ALL police officers are donut eating, wife cheating, alchohlic, animal dispatching, psychopaths as unfortunately today many would indentify them with via the media. The truth is these men and women are human beings, period. Like you and me. Some are apt to abuse their new found power and some are 5 star police officers, and heroes.

The only difference is they are sworn to protect and uphold the law without prejudice. They are authorized to apply lethal force if deemed "neccesary" They have obtained this position through extensive backround checks
......an exhaustive psychological evaluation
...and proper training in police policy and procedure
....all of this prior to the first day they hit the "beat"....

Sadly enough alot of the "clowns" look good on paper, make high marks, etc. and are passed through the acadamy too quickly. They do make it hard for the average person to join LE (I was rejected, even having served in the USMC- due to a DUI- but I assume all responsibilty and am not crying over it) but I think they need to scrutinize a little better and identify potential problem officers.

There really is no way to "guarantee" you're not getting a bad apple regarding police recruitment. This story as henious as it is, will pass eventually along with all the other stories of abuse, etc.

Just more MSM opportunity to validate that our society is getting nuttier than squirrel s***, day by day.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by _DISAVOWED_]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Police say the dog had bitten the officer 17 times on one hand and nine times on the other.

Why didn't the cop just stop bending over... I mean you all have seen the photo of the dog now a few posts back... Thats a small dog. For it to bite anyone on the hands the officer had to be bent over right? So what was up with that?

The article says he tried to restrain that dog? I guess picking it up by the scruff was not an option.

My wife Miss Silver thinks this. They went there for whatever reason then saw the dog and just tazed for the fun of it and when it yelped they killed it to conceal there animal cruelty...

You know its a proven fact the Psychopathic serial killers start off as animal abusers.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"My point - I think these cops are so bleeding tweaked they just *snap* - just snap, no matter to provocation. "

I concur

They are in snap mode, with the constant birage of DHS memos telling them that Grandma's and people with a smile are terrorist , they are in a constsnt state of fear , knowing that when TSHTF they are gonna be the first in line.

I just wonder how much longer the citizens on this great country are gonna let this Nazi style control slide??

We here at ATS,knowing what is going on in the world around us, need to be Extremely Cautious .

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I use to have a chihuahua and I can tell you everyone
wanted to tease him and treat him like a puppy.(cuz he was, um, small)
He was smart and usually wouldn't put up with it.(and shouldn't have too)
They were probably teasing him. Happened alot to my little dog.
People used to think it was funny to scare him and antagonize him.
To protect and serve,....ya themselves mostly. This sux.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Jeeze! I used to live in Blue Ash. It's still the joke I remember from years ago it seems. These cops need to be removed from the force immediately. I can understand WANTING to shoot a barking chihuahua. I've never met one, yet, that I didn't feel like shooting.
But no way would I believe I was in such danger that I would actually shoot one.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It sounds to me that the Officer in question did not shoot the dog while in "Fear of his life", but rather as a means of vengeance and payback for the very fact that it bit him.

This is an Anger based shooting, not a Fear based one, and I would honestly be highly concerned over any average person succumbing to such instincts, but even more so when that individual happens to be an LEO with whom we entrust our lives on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I had a chihuahua mix when I was a kid, and I can tell you they are very protective of their homes. They are also usually protective of one person in the house over everyone else. In this case it was my mother, and when my brother and I teased or picked on mom, we got our ankles bitten. But I can never remember being bitten by a dog small in such a way that it bothered me.
In fact, when I worked as a paramedic, we called them ankle bitters. We always got a kick out of how protective they were toward their mistresses.
Heck, one chomped down on my boot one day, and wouldn't turn loose until the husband pulled him off.
Would I have shot him? Nah, I didn't have the heart to even shake him off.
The cop that did this needs to be suspended, given a thorough psych eval, and quite possible terminated. I don't want someone like that patrolling my streets.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I hate chihuahuas but I don't think I would kill one for biting me. That officer is a bit nuts if you ask me.

[edit on 6/10/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If an average citizen had done the same thing, would the cops feel that this kind of action was justifiable?

The average citizen would have been in a slammer facing cruelty to animal charges.

No not the slammer, they kill you. If you shoot at one of there trained to kill and maim German Shepherds they will kill you.

I think our American police are on a power trip that is just insane. They are downright rabid.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
come on , this is just ridiculus ,

what people do you have as police officers , and what people do you let to be police officers ,

to me this goes in the same category as the tazerd granny or the fellow who didnt want to put on clothes when the cops where offended and wanted him to put em an while not doing any harm or disturbing the scene at a music festival, i thought festivals stood for their own security.....

the bad apples in a bunch is getting abit used like a record with a faulty groove ,

hey its a dog , shouldent a k9 unit or animalresque team be sent so that thouse with no training or background can go and do usefull things like catching drunk drivers or just being a good example and wait, something people in general have to do.

if i was a senior i´d kick that fellows ass from the force for clearly having an ego issue and not knowing his/her bounderies wich can be a liability towards fellow officers inline of duty.

any ways , next time a policeman is in the same situvation , try calling the propery owners cellphone or contact them throu other means then going throu their "guard barrier".

secondly use gloves , thats what they are for ,

and dare i mention it , use the tazer.
judge the situvation, it will spare you from angry remarks and sad children.

but as in this case its a chi huahua so just ignore it, worst that can happen is you step on it.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by zerbot565]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The cops actions were justified by the department spokesman therefore the incident is a reflection of the whole department.

Every day we see more and more outrageous LEO incidents, for every outrages incident that makes the news there are thousands of injustices that don’t.

There are millions of people across the country that read their local paper and never question the one sided version of events, written by some local hack.

So as this kid grows up has more cop related trauma, hits thirty snaps and shoots a couple cops people can wonder, why did it happen?

P.S The Quinn bill is legalized theft.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Not all cops are this way, don't jeer at all cops. This guy was a moron and a piece of #.

At first I laughed cause I hate the little yappin sons of b***hes, but then I saw it was a mix, and kinda cute...

suddenly it stopped being so funny

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In just a little over a week we've had one big brave policeman tasering a grandma and now another shooting a chihuaha (three times) because they couldn't figure out any other way to subdue their victims.
Why did the big brave cop even feel the need to go throw down with a 4 pound dog?
While growing up I couldn't walk into my aunts house without her chihuaha biting me at least ten times, it's a freeking little chihuaha for gods sake not a lion.

Cops used to have balls, now IMO they're all just a bunch of chicken s**t bullys that get their rocks off beating up up an grandma's and house pets.

This does not sit well with me, not one bit.
Star and flag!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Video

Dear god that makes me so bloody angry...

Outraged....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
How on earth is it possible for a puppy to bite someone that amount of times on the hand ?

I picture Homer Simpson in a uniform....

Good Doggy - Doh!!
Nice Doggy - Doh!!
Hey Doggy - Doh!!
Maybe if I try... - Doh!!
How about... - Doh!!
What if I... - Doh!!

etc...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Not all cops are this way, don't jeer at all cops. This guy was a moron and a piece of #.

At first I laughed cause I hate the little yappin sons of b***hes, but then I saw it was a mix, and kinda cute...

suddenly it stopped being so funny

It was never funny to hear about an over zealous 'protector of the law' shooting some families loved pet for no reason.

It was never.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Police say the dog had bitten the officer 17 times on one hand and nine times on the other.

[snip]

WTF was he trying to do? Pull on its tongue?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What is with all the police hate?
A bunch of people in stressful jobs doing bad things does not mean you categorise all as bad!!
Seems to me the behind-the-scenes are trying to gradually make everyone hate cops!
Granma tasered, beatings at peaceful protests, dogs shot, Marine party too loud and guy tased...

Soon people will be wanting the military to take over for them!

PS a man who would shoot a dog/break a poor kittys neck as a cop, would do so as any other profession! dont always blame it on the cops!!!

PPS 'A young boy is still "barking" for his dog to come home'
made me spit out my vodka lmao

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join