It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Chihuahua tasered, shot dead by police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Pet Chihuahua tasered, shot dead by police

au.news.yahoo.com

A young boy is still "barking" for his dog to come home after police tasered, then shot dead, the family pet on their front porch.

US police in Cincinnati killed Jack, the Bullock family's Chihuahua-mix pet, after an officer was bitten on the hand, WCPO reports.

The small dog had been Tasered, then shot at twice by police.

A third gunshot killed the dog.

Scott and Sharon Bullock discovered the dog's blood and three bullets on their porch after returning from a funeral last Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't care how many times the officer was bitten, IT'S A CHIHUAHUA!!!!! How could a dog that small possibly have presented enough of a threat to a grown man that he was forced to taser and shoot the poor thing? It's not like the bloody thing was a Rottweiler or a German Shepherd...it was a bloody Chihuahua!

This is an absolute disgrace, nothing less. That officer should be stood down pending mental evaluation and the public need to look at this and see just how bad our police forces have become, when an officer fears for his life because a Chihuahua bit his hand.

Disgusting.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Okay...sorry but i cannot stop laughing.....

I am only wondering why he never called for a SWAT team.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What a disgrace to humanity.

What were the officers doing on their porch in the first place?

Why did they corner the dog?

That jackass deserved to get bit. That boy didn't deserve to lose his best friend.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If the officer can't handle one of the smallest dogs the punblic have , then he won't be able to handle any other situation, I say get him off the force quick before he tasers an old lady and then uses an uzi to shoot her .

A chichi teeny dog vs be scary police officer....

Whats the world coming to, he obviosuly doesn't watch the 'dog whisperer' on how to deal with troublsome pets.

What what he do to a cat scratching him? use an RPG?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Dude, i'm thinking if the third gunshot killed the chihuaha, that was one hell of a guard dog!

Or the police were on a crusade to kill animals.

C'mon, this is a dog a 5 year old plays with, you cannot tell me a grown man cannot contain this dog, with resorting to tasering it, then shooting it three times to death!

Sad, cause they come back from a funeral, to find a police officer shot their dog to death because it was some huge threat........

Insult to injury.

Edit to add: Taco Bell could get major publicity for this, just thinking like a Marketing Man.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Americans didn't just buy several billion rounds of ammunition for no reason..

I seems like 'shooting the dog' is almost a matter of procedure for the Paramilitary groups in your country.

Edit: I meant "Police Forces" not Paramilitary groups...

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That is just sad. The big bad chihuahua. Seems like a fishing net or a cardboard box would have done it. This cop should be laughed right off the force for cowardliness.

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow maybe I should stop ow Taze BANG BANG BANG

[edit on 10-6-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

What what he do to a cat scratching him? use an RPG?

LOL.
Great line Data.

It seems we can't go a day without seeing another abuse by law enforcement officers.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Uh, animal control anyone? You would think that after the little critter bites you 16 times you know what’s coming on the next try. This is killing for the sake of killing, just what we seem to be able to expect from our constabulary. But it’s not their fault, it’s the training you know. I’m speaking of the dog.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
You have to be the worst police ever to 'lose' a fight against a small pet dog such as this. Why were they after it in the first place, was it a suspect in something?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I just read the article here www.inquisitr.com...
its disgusting, what could this dog have possible done.
This article shows a pic of the dog that was shot

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Police say the dog had bitten the officer 17 times on one hand and nine times on the other.

Bullshi*

THis is propaganda.

Cop gets bit 26 times by a dog that you could step on?

I watched a video of a 72 year old woman getting tazed by police on CNN at lunch at a restaurant today. Funny thing is all conversations in the entire restaurant stopped and everyone else watched it as well.

No one said anything.

But you could sense it. People are uneasy with the current police state. Not sure if they should laugh, cry or be outraged.

NO one had payed attention to anything else on the news before that.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
What makes this a clear case of stupidness is that once you get bitten by a dog because it's afraid of you, you go back and shove your hand close to it's mouth again??? If a dog barks it's not always hostile or afraid, and even if it is it doesn't always bite. But after the first bite it should be pretty clear that it's scared.
Cops are the worst idiots ever

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wow. Look at the dog, are they serious? What about Animal Control too?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am surprised that the cops didn't arrest or fine the dogs owner. Maybe it is just a matter of time. This is getting out of hand.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
A few yeas back I was dating a cop.
(My mistake)
While on the way to work the *bleep* caught a cat of mine on the counter.
He grabbed the cat and tried to break it’s neck.
The cat peed fear scent - not just urine but a scent so laced with fear it stunk up the kitchen in the blink of an eye.
He dropped the cat, screamed at it and proceeded to chase the cat around the room.
I tried to stop him, he pulled his gun.
Horrified I watched him corner the cat, grab it again with two hands walk out to the back porch, raise the cat over his head slamming it to the cement breaking it’s back.
When the cat Pee-Dee, yowling in fear tried to drag itself off the cop emptied his service pistol into the cat.

Needless to say it was the end of he and I.

I contacted a lawyer and the Chief of police at the time, they said there was nothing they could do - it was committed *off duty*.

I should have called the local police where the incident took place.

Hindsight always is clearer.

My point - I think these cops are so bleeding tweaked they just *snap* - just snap, no matter to provocation.

What can be done about it.

Probably not a thing.

I hope this cop - the one who shot the kids dog looses his job, and is sued into the ground.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh, well that person needed medical help, obviously his bi-polar, perhaps some Prozac would have been prescribed.

But these dogs to me seem like rats on steroids, so i am unable to find the reasoning of his actions.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Can I get those cops to patrol my property at night, to take care of the neighbours' friggin cats messing up my yard???

Please???

Hey, I'm trying to put a positive spin on the story! Dumb-arse cops.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I agree with everyone else on this. There is just no excuse that can possibly be offered that is good enough to make this officer's actions acceptable. We used to hear of similar incidents frequently back when we lived in the city, but since we moved out to our little wide-spot-in-the-road village we haven't heard of a single incident like this...and if it happened, we would. Everyone knows everyone out here and not too much is able to happen without being noticed by someone. It also means that I don't worry about things like this happening as much now. The officers here are definitely the kind of people that I want on my side if I ever can't defend myself.

I also have a chihuahua and can't imagine if this happened. He was my birthday present about 3 years ago, but my 9 year old daughter is definitely "his person" in the family. Not that anyone isn't familiar with the general size of a chihuahua, but my daughter used to describe ours as "smaller than a football, but bigger than a burrito." He grew though, and is about football sized now. Still, not really all that intimidating frankly.

Take care,
Cindi

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join