It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Chihuahua tasered, shot dead by police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Sure it was, cause it was a chihuahua. That's ALWAYS funny.

Always

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by badw0lf

Sure it was, cause it was a chihuahua. That's ALWAYS funny.

Always

Sad...

two lines not required.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm sorry but stories like this make me want to go out and _____ a cop.

And yes, I ??said?? that.

Edit to add..

Monitor that ^^^ in response to this. .. there are extremists on both sides.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by blind.face]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _DISAVOWED_

I couldn't imagine.

Animal Cruelty (taser)
Destruction of Property (animal)
Publicly Brandishing of Firearm (unholstering)
Reckless Endangerment (potential ricochet)
Trespassing

But, as common citizens, we lack impunity of our actions that adversely affect the lives of others.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I couldn't agree more. Star for you, and a good day I hope.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Look, I know you don't know me, so I'm not going to expect you to pick up on my humor...that's cool.. but I'm clowning. I don't really think that a defenseless animal, (chihuahua or not, which I seriously do hate) getting shot by the police is a good thing.

Settle down, I was only joking. I didn't mean to make the baby Jesus cry.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wish they'd send those cops to Iraq without any weapons for defense.

See how they feel about someone shooting and killing them just because they kicked the Iraqi in the balls!

What's wrong with America? The bloody dethrone tyranny! I think some democratic country needs to invade America and bring in a new regime of severe punishment for the true wrongdoers starting from the (il)legal system to the government. Put things in order!

That's what I call a New World Order! Teach the pretense demonocracies a lesson for once!!

Poeple should realise that the true terrorists are on our doorsteps.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by badw0lf

Look, I know you don't know me, so I'm not going to expect you to pick up on my humor...that's cool.. but I'm clowning. I don't really think that a defenseless animal, (chihuahua or not, which I seriously do hate) getting shot by the police is a good thing.

Settle down, I was only joking. I didn't mean to make the baby Jesus cry.

Mate, I come from Ogrish. I know what some people think in this world, and it saddens me. ATS has not been known, IMO, to fall that low, so when I read opinions that remark on this sort of thing in the same manner, it makes me shake my head.

Zippo cat, nedm, etc, all are based on some sick god damned humour that I will never understand. And to read "It is only...." turns my gut.

This was some childs best friend. A family pet. A loved family member. It doesnt matter if YOU or anyone else consider it an overgrown rat or a creature unworth the same respect of any other animal. Someone is crying over the loss, and I feel that.

Humans are the cruelest form of nature, because we should know better and whilst we do, we still do the crap anyway.. on purpose, and laugh...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plasma applicator

The cops actions were justified by the department spokesman

therefore the incident is a reflection of the whole department.

Every day we see more and more outrageous LEO incidents, for every outrages incident that makes the news there are thousands of injustices that don’t.

There are millions of people across the country that read their local paper and never question the one sided version of events, written by some local hack.

So as this kid grows up has more cop related trauma, hits thirty snaps and shoots a couple cops people can wonder, why did it happen?

P.S The Quinn bill is legalized theft.

Best post, biggered for truthery.

I didn't know what the Quinn Bill was, so googled it.

A great way to fund worthless colleges . . .

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As an owner of a Chihuahua, this hits close to hime and really angers me for several reasons:

1).

Scott and Sharon Bullock discovered the dog's blood and three bullets on their porch after returning from a funeral last Friday.

They called the local police station and discovered what had happened to Jack, who was a birthday present for their 12-year-old son.

So the police kill the dog then just take off- leaving the family to have no idea what happened to their pet. When they call the police, they discover the police were actually the ones who did it. Nice.

2).

"They first chose physical means, then a Taser, and when those two didn't work, he had no option but to shoot the dog."

These cops are the biggest morons alive. My Chihuahua is THREE POUNDS and she can be subdued by putting an empty shoe box on her.

So these cops:

A). Used an unmentioned 'physical means.'
B). A Taster.
C). Three gun shots.

... to subdue a Chihuahua that was probably no more than ten pounds and could fit inside a woman's purse.

"As badly as the officer was getting bitten, he had to do something to protect himself," Mr Hartinger said.

Fire this cop immediately because he is a WEENIE if he cannot handle Chihuahua bites! They're more like nips than anything else and maybe feel almost as bad as a clothespin clenching.

But that is beside the point. The cop suffered 26 bites because he cornered the dog (Why?) and because he was too stupid/weak to subdue a dog the size of a rat?

:shk:

I hope the family goes after them.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Okay...sorry but i cannot stop laughing.....

I am only wondering why he never called for a SWAT team.

LOL,

"We got a 187, officer down!"

HQ: "Whats the situation officer?"

"Chihuahua on hot pursuit!"

lololol

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here's a much better article on this news item. Deny Ignorance.

Police defend decision to shoot small dog

Police say the small dog had bit a jogger and they were trying to contain it, when it clamped down on an officer’s hand and would not let go.

A taser didn't work and neither did the first two gun shots, according to police.

“The officer's obligated to try to do something to contain this dog," said Lieutenant Paul Hartinger, of the Blue Ash police department.

"Once they finally did contain it, then the dog attacked the officers,” said Lt. Hartinger.

“The officers, as badly as the officer was getting bitten, he had to do something to protect himself,” said Hartinger. “They first chose physical means, then a taser and when those two didn't work, he had no option but to shoot the dog."

Police say the dog bit the officer 17 times on one hand and nine times on the other.

The officer is expected to recover.

Monday night the family told 9News they wondered why the officers didn't call the SPCA to catch the 5 lb. dog.

According to a press release issued by Blue Ash Police on Wednesday, the report provided to them by the SPCA, who examined the dog after the incident, states the dog’s primary breed as a Jack Russell Terrier and that it weighed 20 pounds.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
First... from the article..

The officer is expected to recover.

Here after 3 gun shots, taser etc, I would expect the officer to be in critical condition. Glad to hear he will live.

First off: From the picture the dog appears to be much bigger than a chi...wawa... however the hell you spell it. So to say "oh it was a small 5lb dog that even paris hilton could subdue who only weighs a fraction more than the dog it's self" would be a bit of an exaggeration .. still a small dog.

Secondly: Who the hell tasers a dog and then expects the dog to be submissive, happy, or otherwise calmed down after the fact? Obviously Blue Ash police officers need some more training on when to and not to use their taser....

Third: Dog bit a pedestrian .. not cool, bad dog. Worth killing it for? No, but it wasn't like a police officer was walking down the street and decided it was going to shove his hand down a dogs throat and then blow it to bits...

Also.. if it was a 5lb dog in three shots there wouldn't be much left to shoot at.. obviously it was a medium sized dog.

Should the officer be fired? Yes. He discharged his weapon THREE TIMES into a small dog... but not only that, he was apparently retarded enough to get bit in the same spot repeatedly before emptying a third of his clip into a dog..

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

“The officer's obligated to try to do something to contain this dog," said Lieutenant Paul Hartinger, of the Blue Ash police department.

Yes they were obligated to contain the dog, but not to kill the dog

The minute they received the call about a dog bite animal care should have immediately been dispatched to the location also. What kind of idiot would attempt to contain a dog that has bitten someone without the proper equiptment, that's why they have an animal control department that is trained, and has the proper equiptment to deal with the situation. What kind of idiot would continue to hold onto a dog that has already bitten him once, so that he could be bitten another 25 times ???!!!

"Once they finally did contain it, then the dog attacked the officers,” said Lt. Hartinger.

If they actually had the dog contained how the hell did he bite them

Police say the dog bit the officer 17 times on one hand and nine times on the other.

If that dog bit him that many times he was cornered and terrified and more than likely had been injured by the officer

“They first chose physical means, then a taser and when those two didn't work, he had no option but to shoot the dog."

Why didn't they attempt to stop the dog with pepper spray before they tried the taser and then their gun ? Mailmen walk around with pepper spray in case they are confronted by a dog looking to bite them.

According to a press release issued by Blue Ash Police on Wednesday, the report provided to them by the SPCA, who examined the dog after the incident, states the dog’s primary breed as a Jack Russell Terrier and that it weighed 20 pounds

Even if the dog weighed 20 lbs they should have been able to contain it if they handled the situation properly. Had animal care been called in as they should have been that dog would still be alive

Something really needs to be done about LEO's in this country they have gotten way out of control with their violent tendencies and apparantly they're not all that smart either.

Oh this next part is just rubbing salt into an open wound...

They’ve cited the dog’s owner for one count of failure to register the dog, in addition to two counts “relating to his allowing the dog to run at large.”

Edit to add link...www.wcpo.com...

[edit on 6/12/2009 by chise61]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It reminds me of the South Park episode when they shout ''it's coming right for us'' before they shoot anything.

( sorry for the dog )

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naturally Smooth
Here's a much better article on this news item. Deny Ignorance.

Police defend decision to shoot small dog

Here's the real reason the dog was killed by agents of the state.

Police also say the family’s dog was not licensed ... They’ve cited the dog’s owner for one count of failure to register the dog.

www.wcpo.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The police in the US really have dangerous jobs, That Chihuahua was a seriously scary canine from what I heard and what about this 72 year old granny who was tasered, she should count herself lucky he didnt blast her with his handgun 3 times afterwards.

In fact why wait for them to start, Chihuahua's and 72 year old grannies should be tasered on sight IMO and god help any chihuahua toting 72 year old grannies.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Maybe this "ferocious dog" didn't get the memo that the rest of us have received... be silent and comply!

With any luck this will a send a clear message to the masses, do as your told, do not protest, do not question. Just comply.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
www.ktvb.com...

Man upset after Boise Police shoot, kill dog

"They could have maced her, tazed her, something besides shooting her,” witness Matthew Van Zandt said. “They didn't say ‘stop your dog!’ All you heard was gun shots.”

www.ktvb.com...

Boise Community Ombudsman Pierce Murphy has cleared a Boise Police officer that shot and killed a dog while he was responding to a call in downtown Boise on March 27, 2009.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Here's the real reason the dog was killed by agents of the state.

Police also say the family’s dog was not licensed ... They’ve cited the dog’s owner for one count of failure to register the dog.

www.wcpo.com...

And unlicensed dogs are more dangerous....

I wonder if they will start justifying their murder of citizens by saying they refused to produce a birth certificate on demand.

*they do taser you for not zipping up your jacket.... so it not so unrealistic a prediction - not anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join