It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Clear Photographs of Black Triangle over South Carolina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think that with the trees and the lamp post in the third picture, plus some weather data on the cloud ceiling for that date for that location somebody could probably calculate some rough dimensions for this thing. I, personally, don't know how to do that (I majored in geology in part to avoid to much math), but I've seen it done. I can't find the data for the cloud ceiling for that date, but there was precipitation in that area for the entire day, so that part of the story holds up.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It is not a the scram jet, as it would not be stable flying that low and slow unless it was coming in for a landing. The ol' scrammy can't power itself back up once it is coming in at low velocities if I recall correctly.

Judging by the lamppost, it is small. My guess is model (if it is not cgi, which I am too lazy to look into right now (brain is busy watching my cat lick itself)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Real nice pictures whats a scramjet 4?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
Very nice!
In the bottom pic theres a lamp post. Is there a way we can try to size this thing?

Angular size is a function of visual diameter and distance to the object. Given a guesstimate of the height, we could use the proportions of the lamp post to approximate the size of the object.

Ashame the person didn't have a LIDAR gun.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Doesn't the scramjet travel in excess of mach 10? There's no way someone would be able to snap those three pictures if this thing was booking that fast. Could be just a regular drone.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
The photos are perfect. Best evidence of aliens visiting us. A flag for this thread.

Why would you assume aliens had anything to do with what is being shown in these pictures? Are you unaware that the militaries in various countries are making triangular aircraft, some of which are kept secret?

There is much better evidence of aliens visiting us than photos appearing to show a craft similar to those made on Earth.

For an example of these, check out the Black Manta

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Seems only pteridine has mentioned the different aspects. Think of the last time you saw an aircraft fly over you. How far would you have had to travel in MILISECONDS to get photos of the Port, Starboard AND tail of the aircraft?

This is staged, CGI, Model what have you. Unless the pilot chose to make three runs over the same wooded area to allow the photographer the chance to get his good side THREE times this is bunk.

Sorry, wish it was real. I would love to see a daylight photo of the SOB that flew over me about a year ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d52fb41484a.png[/atsimg]

Very nice!
In the bottom pic theres a lamp post. Is there a way we can try to size this thing?

To calculate the size of something you need to know its distance.
To calculate the distance of something, (without the aid of reflection technology such as radar or sonar,) you need to know its size
or have relative angle measurements from two observation points. (triangulation)

The lamp post is not particularly helpful in calculating size because we have no idea of the distance between the lamp post and the object.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Who flies a kite in the middle of a thunder storm?

Nice clear pics. I am betting this is man made.

Ben Franklin.....

and the guy who took these pictures probably.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Ben Franklin.....

and the guy who took these pictures probably.

LOL. Yeah, I wonder if he thought that by flying a UFO kite in a thunderstorm he would discover Zero Point or something.... You think he had a computer chip on his line in place of a housekey? :-)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
These are not the original photos IMO. Can not analyse the authenticity of them, without having the original, unedited/unaltered photos.

EXIF DATA:

PHOTO 1

JFIF

JFIF Version 1.01
Resolution 72 pixels/inch

File — basic information derived from the file.

Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
File Size 129 kB
File Type JPEG
Image Size 1,600 × 1,200
MIME Type image/jpeg
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)

PHOTO2

Here's the full data:

JFIF

JFIF Version 1.01

Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
File Size 127 kB
File Type JPEG
Image Size 1,600 × 1,200
MIME Type image/jpeg

PHOTO 3

Here's the full data:

JFIF

JFIF Version 1.01

Bits Per Sample 8
Color Components 3
File Size 100 kB
File Type JPEG
Image Size 1,600 × 1,200
MIME Type image/jpeg

[edit on 6/9/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeypoet
Seems only pteridine has mentioned the different aspects. Think of the last time you saw an aircraft fly over you. How far would you have had to travel in MILISECONDS to get photos of the Port, Starboard AND tail of the aircraft?

This is staged, CGI, Model what have you. Unless the pilot chose to make three runs over the same wooded area to allow the photographer the chance to get his good side THREE times this is bunk.

Sorry, wish it was real. I would love to see a daylight photo of the SOB that flew over me about a year ago.

Good point here.

Either it's fake or the aircraft conveniently circled the photographer while he clicked away. This would have given the photographer time to take a great many shots.

They are all remarkably good shots, suggesting that if they are genuine they must be the best of a series. I wonder if the person who took these has a heap more.

What bothered me most was the intensity of the blackness. Distant objects tend to fade into the distance because of reflections and atmospheric distortion. On the one hand the blackness could be a result of super absorption built into it to prevent it reflecting radar or sonar waves.

On the other hand, for a stealth craft, it's not remarkably well hidden, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Looks like that ship from the first star wars movie.

Happy time! Second line!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am no Photoshop expert but when I zoomed right in on the images I noticed alot of pixelation and blurring around the craft on all three pics and on one pic there is a broken line.I think these are fake.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In a thunderstorm I wouldn't be surprised to see a piece of cardboard flying around in the lower atmosphere, the image seems fairly two dimensional, the shape and texture is obscure due to the lightning and angle but to me it doesn't look like a UFO.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vardlokkur

But wouldn't there be motion blur if it was something flying around in the storm?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the craft DDEF isnt known manmade aircraft or staelth...though it does seem to be stealthy.. its too kinda boxed shape..kinda like flying a square plane...
My best guess, is its photoshoped...its way to low for any UFO ever caught on camera, tol be real...it has no other features visible, lights ect, being so close.and to me, it appears to have been drawn into the sky, not like it was blendid in. I think its photoshoped.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
To me the object is way to uneven to be anything made to fly in the air, plus just by estimating the distances in the picture I would guess the object is no more than 3 feet across. I do not know what it is, however I am leaning towards something mundane, they are good pictures though.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Have you considered simply a paper glyder. Blending the two first images using the twigs as a guide you can see that it is flying a very close circle.
Will add an image asap.........

[edit on 9-6-2009 by necati]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by necati]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My money is on a RC toy. It is an easy design to make fly and it looks at a scale that makes it about 2 to 3 foot wide which is a good RC size. Looking at the details and the clouds, that is my call.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join