It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, You Scare Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Someone forwarded this to me, if it has been posted my apologies, I could not find it with the ATS google search.

Apparently this was written by Lou Pritchett, a former VP of Proctor & Gamble to President Obama.

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core..

You scare me because you lack humility and ‘class’, always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the ‘blame America’ crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer ‘windmills’ to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use ‘extortion’ tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O’Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Wow, why wasn't this published?

I did find a web source which has this letter posted with some additional info, and a comment from the author. And an explanation as to why it was not published..

www.snopes.com...

Do any of you share any of his fears of President Obama?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well me being European I don't worry about him too much but that letter was very good and it's definitely true what he said about the media giving him a free pass on everything he does. Star and flag

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Some of those are accurate...some are not....and some are just stupid.

This is propaganda. I heard about it on the radio today from a left leaning talk show.

Many of the things on that list could have easily been said about Bush as well.

Everything seems to be hitting a feverish pitch. I just watched as John Boehner (Rep) went into berzerk mode on Fox about health care.

The GOP is bought by the health insurance companies....and many democrats as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This is propaganda. I heard about it on the radio today from a left leaning talk show.

A left leaning talk show called it propaganda?

If that is the case then it would be no surprise.

Political blinders aside...

When I read it in a forwarded email, I did not know who the author was, or whether or not it was propaganda.

My first read and assessment was that there was sincerity coming from the letter.

There is really more that we don't know about our new president with each passing day, and that alone should scare anyone.

With the kind of power potential he has, combined with what we have seen from President Obama so far, I would say that at a minimum most of the fears Mr. Pritchett writes in his letter are justified.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Of course it could be legit...whomever wrote it could actually believe all of this.

The fact that it's floating around is propaganda...that's the point I was making.

Btw...the right is GOING NUTS today.

They are lashing out big time.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Btw...the right is GOING NUTS today.

They are lashing out big time.

Sorry I don't get what you mean. Who or what do you mean by the right???

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

The GOP/Republicans.

I just watched as Glenn Beck "almost" called Obama a fascist. I watched John Boehner (Rep minority leader) go berzerk about an hour ago.

They just revealed (on GB) that money that was given to GM was used to buy out Delphi's bankruptcy.

That's the same thing they did with the AIG to funnel money to foreign banks!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The right go nuts everyday, it is nothing new.

On topic:

Mr. Pritchett was a very successful business leader in this country, he is retired, What would he have to gain from this letter.

I think he wanted to have his fears made public, and there was an attempt to bury it.

Sure, anyone can challenge the validity of his fears, but there is a high probability that over time many of his fears could be proven valid by the actions and agendas of this President... After all actions speak louder than words. So far some of his fears have been and are already being validated!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ah i see what you mean now. Wow the world really is going "nuts". Politics all over the world seems to be going into a global meltdown

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I bet this guy ends up dead under very mysterious circumstances. You know, kinda like VINCE FOSTER who somehow magically shot himself in the head in a way that he could not have done if he was holding the pistol himself.

NOBODY challenges THE ONE!!!

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I fail to see how this is propaganda .....

What points he makes in this arent true?

I dont see any of it in there that isnt accurate.

If it is the truth , i say let it be read......

And i completely agree!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Dident you get the memo lol? Your not allowed to question Obama and since you did you must be a racist! Shame on you ManBehindTheMask

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Not a day goes by now that something worth noticing doesn't happen. Can't help but wonder what will happen tomorrow

And of course let's never "question Obama"

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

DOH! I forgot, you arent going to report me to the black panthers are you?
I hear they have a jolly time in Chicago amassing in front of voting booths along with ACORN.....yeesh........I dont want the mob (ACORN) and their muscle (black panthers) beating down my door........

I take it back.....Obama is the savior for our country....!! !

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Did you hear that Obama's Justice Department magically dropped all charges against the Black Panthers guy you speak of that was walking around the polling place with a billy club trying to intimidate voters into voting for Obama?

I mean can you imagine what would happen if the KKK or some other Neo Nazi group did the same thing? They would be charged as terrorists and sent to Gitmo for life but since it was a Black racist then it must be ok. What happened to fairness and equality Mr Obama and Mr Holder? Where's your "transparency" that you speak of?

I think Change We Can Believe In just became Chains We Can Live In.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Really? Where'd you hear that?? Cause I heard the Black Panthers have been defunct since the 70s. COINTELPRO murdered/imprisoned most of their leaders & effectively defeated them.

On another note, it amazes me how people can still say they don't know anything about our President. Is reading really that difficult? There's a wealth of information out there...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Racism has been brought to a whole new level in a different form.
I'm not Racist. I'm very proud of that I see people as equals no matter what race if I call a black man an ass it's because he's an ass not because he is black. That is true equality treating people in the same mean way no matter what race
I won't be extra nice to an Asian because he's Asian and it'd be "racist" not to, I'll treat him like I would anybody else. I judge people on character and not race or religion.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicholaswa
On another note, it amazes me how people can still say they don't know anything about our President. Is reading really that difficult? There's a wealth of information out there...

Of course there is, but much of it has been proven inaccurate. Maybe you should take another look, it really isn't that difficult.

We were sold lies, we bought them, now we just have to deal with it.

Can you honestly say that you have not seen some things that President Obama has done that at least worry you regardless of your political leanings?

What has, and is currently going on with the auto companies and banks not give you pause at all?

You can remain blind as this country is brought down, or you can you remove the political blinders and see through the lies, and realize what is actually happening to this country?

Keep in mind, that even if you are not an American, our demise will not be painless for your nations and economies as well.

It is time for the people to wake up.

By the way, I was an Obama supporter in the beginning.

I have seen enough in these few months, and literally from within days of his being in office to change my position, along the way many of my own worst fears were already confirmed long before opening and reading this email today.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It isn't propaganda, as the author is expressing his opinion. If I say "I think Glenn Beck is a quezoid from the planet Plaaaaaath, and that's why he makes such funny expressions" that isn't propaganda, it's an opinion. An opinion that can be argued with logic, however not propaganda. It isn't news supression either, which often accompanies propaganda.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Just because someone wears black leather doesn't give them the right to claim affiliation with a defunct movement. The Black Panthers had an interesting history, well worth reading about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join