It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea steps up rhetoric amid nuclear crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

If they have been supplying funds to or arming terrorist factions around the world it is inevitable that they already have access to foreign-made nukes. Ten bucks says a chunk of the former USSR"s stock is in their hands and probably as far back as when they were allies.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This whole issue is just outrageous. (looking at the big picture, keep that in mind)

Not to throw religion into this topic, But I see God standing in heaven looking down at us with one arm crossed and the other hand over his brow. As he shakes his head, I can almost hear him saying "wha....come o.....really?" (that is of course disregarding all the fundamentals of religion, only to prove a simple point)

I feel like a bar patron witnessing 2 groups of guys destroy the bar that I've loved for years because they couldn't see eye to eye on something.....who cares? Why can't [bar guys] just drop it and leave each other be?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
man someone needs to send that punk a translated copy of team america

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
yeah lol, stop threatening to destroy the world when america can do it better.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Why dont the Americans attack with a shock and awe campaign and enter the country on foot too?
I mean if Iraq definitely had weapons of mass destruction for certain as was told to the world by Mr Bush and friends then why not use the same tactic on North Korea, why would Saddam Hussein be any less likely to have used them in an immediate response, as the deadline hit or during the warnings?

Operation North Korea Freedom using the same warnings and countdown timer otherwise the US will use the same method as Iraq.
Or did Iraq's WOMD's stand for Weapons Of Minimal Disturbance?

PS: Can you leave us Brits out of this one this time please, we are a tiny island and our military is stretched enough, so much so we have no defence.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by keepithush]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
Reply to stellar

North Korea has failed to live up to ANY agreement we have ever entered into since the early 1900's,

Hi Jnewell,

Well please start naming all these broken treaties so that we can properly discuss the details.

and although I agree with a few of your positions and basic logic the fact of the matter is if it wasn't for this imperialistic nation you would be typing in German.

So i would be speaking German instead of the my current imperial hand-me-down language that is English( my second language)? Why would that have bothered me much?

As for the notion that anyone should be 'thanking' the USA for saving the world from the crazed Germans i can but remind you that US industrialist in tandem with European and British allies helped to finance German industry into a position where it was able to equip and man the German war machine we came to face in the late 30's.

If we want to get right down to the dirty details we can discuss how these people were interested in using Germany ( trough Hitler) to destroy 'communist' Russia and to bring it back into the more classical imperial fold. The fact that Hitler turned the situation on it's head by somehow managing to defeat the very potent combined armies of France and Britain should NOT be seen as evidence that Germany were widely feared or their military acumen properly estimated.

In terms of who truly paid the price in blood and resource expenditure we should be thanking the Russians as without their massive contributions in bleeding out the Germany armed forces no serious invasion of Europe would have been possible for years and years to come and the first nuclear weapons ( and dozens more to come) would have been used on the European mainland.

Either way there isn't a topic i have read more about than the two wars period so excuse me from using my every opportunity to jump right in.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join