It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea steps up rhetoric amid nuclear crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

NKorea steps up rhetoric amid nuclear crisis

hosted.ap.org

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- North Korea said Tuesday it would use nuclear weapons in a "merciless offensive" if provoked - its latest bellicose rhetoric apparently aimed at deterring any international punishment for its recent atomic test blast.
"Our nuclear deterrent will be a strong defensive means ... as well as a merciless offensive means to deal a just retaliatory strike to those who touch the country's dignity and sovereignty even a bit," said the commentary, carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
North Korea is now flat out threatening the US and other countries if they do ANYTHING to curb NK's ambitions. Even if we place more sanctions they are threatening to use nuclear war as a solution.

It is begining to look like the time for talking is over. When a country has nuclear technology and threatens to use it, to me they have committed an act of war.

Threatening nuclear attack is not acceptable. It was bad enough that they were posturing. Now they are outright threathening the world to leave them alone or else.

If they want a war lets give it to them.

hosted.ap.org

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
NK can threaten to use a nuke all they want. For all of lil kimmies hot air he knows that if he were to use a nuke on any country that hosts U.S. military he would get nukes shoved up his Arse from the U.S. Military.

every country knows if you nuke U.S. troop or use chem weapons on them, the immediate response is you get nuked!

Lil Kimmie is mouthy and stupid but he's not that stupid even after a stroke.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I agree.

Threatening to use nuclear weapons as a 'merciless offensive weapon' in response to some minor action is in my view, an attack itself.

Basically, North Korea's leaders have just said, they will do what ever they want, and if anyone dares to tell them its a bad thing, they will be nuked.

Cutting NorthKorea in half wouldnt be that hard.
There technology isnt that great, ie communications.
I cant imagine they'd have too many nuclear missile silo's, and there government quaters wouldnt be very well protected.

I say, 2 tactical nukes. 1 to take out the government, the other to take out the bulk of the military heirarchy.

Second, a few dozen carefully placed cruise missiles to hit communication hubs. also, a few crack covert squads to black ops to personally sabotage communication lines between the army on the DMZ and its command.

You place patriot missiles in South Korea and subs of north Korea.

Yes, some artillery and let loose will be fired by the north, but for the most part, if the leader is dead and the government is ash.. I doubt the army would still cross the DMZ.. especially when it hasnt heard a word from its military leaders due to our communications sabotage.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It would be a mistake to underestimate a mad man with Nukes.
This is an AP report, so who knows exactly what was said.....

I think there will be a limited nuclear war coming very soon.

All of this seems like the perfect storm....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Kimmy is just blowing off steam. I think he's shaking the stick at the wrong dog. If he wants to look out from his palace and see a sea of flames, we'll be more than happy to oblige. How about this, since they feel so inclined to move ICBMs around; why don't we put an array of tactical nukes along the DMZ and lets aim them at the capital of North Korea. I think the South Koreans would let us do it.

I know the Chinese and Russians wouldn't be so thrilled about that option, however; we have to show Kimmy that we mean business! They wanna play the nuke game so we will play right along with them. We'll see who blinks first.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So when these articles say "North Korea said..." exactly 'whom' are they referring to? Is this another way of saying Kim and his buddies say, or does the majority of North Korea feel this way and support this kind of attitude?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

That is a good question. Let there be no doubt though if we become entralled in war with them it will soon become their attitude. I am sure that the NK propaganda machine just like it's counter part in the US is working in overdrive right now. I am sure their government is letting them know how bad we are. After all we canabalize our foes, just ask WWII Japan.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Wow, that is a very strong statement. I certainly understand the complexity of the situation but it is still entertaining to see our hypocrisy highlighted on a global stage. We went into Iraq, forced a regime change, executed their leader and killed scores of people because we "had intelligence" that said he had WMD's and might use them. Now we have a mad man that has not only shown that he 100% has WMD's, but has openly threatened to use them if we so much as look at them and we aren't doing anything about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The North Korean people only get info from the government. They are completely isolated and they worship their leader as a living god. They have been indoctrinated into hating the US. I would be surprised if there were many North Koreans that didn't echo the sentiment of the statement.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You say " every country knows if you nuke U.S. troop or use chem weapons on them, the immediate response is you get nuked!"

Isnt that exactly what NK are saying? Two wrongs dont make a right. All I hear from SOME americans is "huke this or that or nuke them". No wonder these countries feel they have a right to go nuclear themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm really not as well educated as I should be on what's going on over there. It does seem to be getting quite concerning.

I can understand a country keeping it's people in a certain thought pattern about others. I remember my mother telling me about how while she grew up (in Berlin) she was taught that Americans were literally monsters. In her school they even showed the students 'illustrations' of the scary American monsters. She was a bit relieved to grow up and realize that wasn't the case... even ended up marrying an American she met during the war (my dad was army) and ended up moving to America.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

North Korea is now flat out threatening the US and other countries if they do ANYTHING to curb NK's ambitions. Even if we place more sanctions they are threatening to use nuclear war as a solution.

It is begining to look like the time for talking is over. When a country has nuclear technology and threatens to use it, to me they have committed an act of war.

Threatening nuclear attack is not acceptable. It was bad enough that they were posturing. Now they are outright threathening the world to leave them alone or else.

If they want a war lets give it to them.

hosted.ap.org

yeah, people should be annihilated for simply wishing to be left alone. i understand your logic very well.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I agree.

Threatening to use nuclear weapons as a 'merciless offensive weapon' in response to some minor action is in my view, an attack itself.

Basically, North Korea's leaders have just said, they will do what ever they want, and if anyone dares to tell them its a bad thing, they will be nuked.

Cutting NorthKorea in half wouldnt be that hard.
There technology isnt that great, ie communications.
I cant imagine they'd have too many nuclear missile silo's, and there government quaters wouldnt be very well protected.

I say, 2 tactical nukes. 1 to take out the government, the other to take out the bulk of the military heirarchy.

Second, a few dozen carefully placed cruise missiles to hit communication hubs. also, a few crack covert squads to black ops to personally sabotage communication lines between the army on the DMZ and its command.

You place patriot missiles in South Korea and subs of north Korea.

Yes, some artillery and let loose will be fired by the north, but for the most part, if the leader is dead and the government is ash.. I doubt the army would still cross the DMZ.. especially when it hasnt heard a word from its military leaders due to our communications sabotage.

that happens a lot in the movies. our black ops always get themselves killed, i've been watching a lot of television lately, i.e discovery, history, and military, something tells me we've better stay airborne. its safer that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

The North Korean people only get info from the government. They are completely isolated and they worship their leader as a living god. They have been indoctrinated into hating the US. I would be surprised if there were many North Koreans that didn't echo the sentiment of the statement.

and we here in the US are blessed with a wonderful government that do not force feed us BS. nicely stated.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

All that we were originally trying to do is keep the spread of nuclear weapons under control. By using sanctions we were not inviting war. Now they are threatening the US and any other country that wants to place sanctions on them. This is them picking a fight. I personally do not like fighting people, none the less killing them, but threaten my family's lives and I will kill to protect them. North Korea is now threatening my family's lives so I say give them war.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

and we here in the US are blessed with a wonderful government that do not force feed us BS. nicely stated

I assume you are being sarcastic. How about this... North Korea doesn't have access to sites like ATS like you do. They can't cross reference any of the governments BS to make an informed opinion. The ONLY info that they get is what the government gives them. That is completely different than what we have in the US.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by DOADOA

All that we were originally trying to do is keep the spread of nuclear weapons under control. By using sanctions we were not inviting war. Now they are threatening the US and any other country that wants to place sanctions on them. This is them picking a fight. I personally do not like fighting people, none the less killing them, but threaten my family's lives and I will kill to protect them. North Korea is now threatening my family's lives so I say give them war.

they've been sanctioned before, didn't harm a soul here in the US or any member of the US military.

i understand where you're coming from but don't you think its a mutual feeling? the world is trying to tell them what they can or can't do and is threatening to use deadly force against their assets. if the world were to do that to us, what do you think we'll do?

a lot of people said to give Iraq hell too, then we realize it was a mistake and we've been played like puppets. you seem very dedicated and thats good but it helps not to be bias sometime.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by DOADOA]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by DOADOA

and we here in the US are blessed with a wonderful government that do not force feed us BS. nicely stated

I assume you are being sarcastic. How about this... North Korea doesn't have access to sites like ATS like you do. They can't cross reference any of the governments BS to make an informed opinion. The ONLY info that they get is what the government gives them. That is completely different than what we have in the US.

right, the honest information we are given from our media is given to us so that our government will fail at manipulating us. am i right?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

No one threatened deadly force until North Korea did. It was their move in the direction of war that has instigated the US into planning preemptive war planning. It was thier game to lose. Now they will deal with a true threat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join