It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our mate Karl is getting a little stressed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hey all,

No real topic, just wanted to post a post from our mate Karl Denninger. It's his top 10 things to do right now.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

He's getting a little worried.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

Saw this today too. KD has always been worried. Something has to happen. This mess will not fix itself, and there are too many crooks tending the cash register.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thank you for the information/link.

He certainly makes a lot of good (horrible) points, doesn't he?

He's right. The boomers will get out if things don't turn around soon. Why continue to throw good money after bad? It would be foolish.

But does he seem a little frantic?

I mean, if every body got out "RIGHT NOW", wouldn't that in and of itself create a crash?

Good threat. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

He seems to be a little more frantic and a little more worried though. It's also the longest post of his I've read.

He seems to be at a crossroads. Wonder when we will/may cross it?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I would have thought that most boomers would have gotten out already.

Surely the ones that haven't gotten out are waiting for a slightly bigger recovery?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Exactly. Trying to close the gap a little more. I am in the same boat.
Was going to try to ride it out a little longer, but now I'm not sure.

Might be time to cut losses and bit adieu.

(heavy sigh)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have to agree the Ticker Guy on this point. If there was ever an appropriate time for equities investors to strike a defensive posture , this may be it. Anybody naked-long this market , while DESPITE “GREEN SHOOTS” INSIDER SALES SPIKE , is obviously willing to assume enormous risk.

Doesn't feel good watching my 12yr old son's future tax liability go-up in smoke...supporting a fundamentally flawed financial system, and corrupted market , while connected corporates shuffle-out the rear exit of their own companies.

The utter deceit and misrepresentation of the seriousness of our current economic crisis is spellbinding......our "trusted" policy makers acting in collusion with their media shills. I've said it before , and I'll say it again: There must be a special place in hell for fast-food financial advisers the likes of Suze Orman , and that entire menagerie of mainstream 'Mustard Seed' theorists.

GL

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

That "Green Shoots" article is some scary stuff. I wonder why that info isn't in the mainstream press.

It still amazes me how much the regular public just eats it up. I have to say, most of my mates are jumping back into the ship. They really want to believe that things will get better. That's the main problem, people just want to believe that the "dream" is still alive.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Hi berry...can I call you berry?

I think we can guess why CNBC doesn't offer this-up...but there are several free web-sites that collate this information for us , or you can suss most of the data yourself by searching SEC Form 4's. I doubt the average investor takes the time. Some may even be smothered in 30yr bonds (through their brokers).....but if you mention yields/term structure...their eyes begin to glaze-over.

GL

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Mate, you're quite welcome to call me Berry.

Thanks for the info. Any info or site that makes sense out of this mess is a good thing. I wonder what the time frame for this mess exploding in our face is?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Anyone interested, here is KD's blog-radio spot on this topic, recorded today...

www.blogtalkradio.com...

I am listening now.

top topics

join