It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chameleon on MARS????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What i have found is almost beyond belief. My jaw dropped when I saw this.
I'm even dreading posting this thread.
You can see a line where the mouth is, a very similar eye, leg and body shape.

If this is a rock, then it's doing a very good impression of a Chameleon.
Either this is real, or someone at NASA is playing some very silly games with these pictures. Was this deliberately added in order to bring ridicule to anyone who finds it? Or was this little guy popping his head up from his home thinking dinner was walking past but instead saw a rover? It is interesting that half of him is in the ground. Is most of the wildlife living under ground?

It is located right at the bottom of this pic, just left of center;
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a39019ee6876.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e0d7b32d6f8.jpg[/atsimg]
Well, I hope you can all see the comparison there..

There is more going on in this linked picture too..
Roughly in the center of the picture, you'll see two rocks.
Look at the one on the left, the darker one...
Does that look like it has some form of plant life, like a moss, growing on it?
The right side of the rock is mostly bare, but look at the left of it and is that two patches of growth on it? See how it extends outwards from the very far left of the rock.. it seems to be small branches.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/509db0b28516.jpg[/atsimg]
If anyone can make these pictures much more clear then please do. i am limited as to what i can do with my current computer set-up.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Think this one is a faaaaaaaaar stretch....just a rock.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Im with you on that. If does deffo look like a lizard. It has an organic shape to it. Nice observation.
kx

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good eye for spotting it.

I can't be sure tho.
I kinda think it looks like a weather ballon.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sorry but this is simply a rock.

There's probably a rock on Mars that could probably resemble every animal we know here on earth.

This is one of the more far fetched ones I've seen though, there are some truly weird photos of Mars and there being similarities to objects we are familiar with but this isn't one of them.

Oh well.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
IMHO...Its a Rock!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hmm. Any ideas on where it gets it's h2o? And all the little insects it feeds on? And all little plants the insects feed on. Of course, it's on the moon! Maybe it feeds on moon rocks.

Isn't that an Iguana?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sometimes you get chameleons and sometimes you get bullfrogs

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3af26d051f00.jpg[/atsimg]
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Good spotting. I don't think it hurts a thing to look, scour photos and record your observations. I personally believe there is a strong probability of life and/or signs of past sentience on Mars.

The iguana/chameleon looks more rocklike when you look at it within context of the whole photo. I think your possible plant growth is pretty intriguing though.

Good eyes; I know it must've taken some time. Rock or not, you realized some payoff for your efforts. I never see didly lol

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute

Evidence to support it's just a rock, compare his reply to yours, i say he has more evidence to back him up...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Look all around the "chameleon", what do you see? Rocks!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Never mind the 'chameleon', look at the huge 'clam' directly in back of it with its sights set on devouring it!! Now that's frightening!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by allsop

Originally posted by NateNute

Evidence to support it's just a rock, compare his reply to yours, i say he has more evidence to back him up...

You are right, I doubted it, until I saw a really weird rock.

Then I thought to myself, omg, its a hermit crab!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thread starter:

Don't be ridiculous. It's extremely obvious that it is a rock.

IF it were a living creature, do you honestly think it would've evolved the exact way an animal on Earth would have? Think about the atmosphere, too.

Use your head. You're too open-minded.

NASA has better things to do with their time than edit pictures to ridicule others. Do you personally know someone that works for NASA? Everybody that works there has a very important job, and they don't have time for games. They are some of the hardest working people in the USA.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by Extralien

Mars is dead, there is no life left on Mars. Result of global desertification, global warming, nuclear war, and ozone/atmosphere depletion.
However, a long time ago, when our rock was dominated by the giant reptiles, our ancestors inhabited the red sands planet. Our ancestors, knowing the red planet was dying, started genetic DNA manipulation projects to allow their offspring to breathe in a nitrogen rich environment and colonized the Earth. IMHO
I have proof but I can't share out of fear for my own safety, sorry.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Oh yeah, pyramids on mars and earth are connected.
The cydonia pyramids, and the face on Mars were constructed to last through the millenia of erosion while we evolved to intelligence as markers to let us know where we come from.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy

Mars is dead, there is no life left on Mars. Result of global desertification, global warming, nuclear war, and ozone/atmosphere depletion.
However, a long time ago, when our rock was dominated by the giant reptiles, our ancestors inhabited the red sands planet. Our ancestors, knowing the red planet was dying, started genetic DNA manipulation projects to allow their offspring to breathe in a nitrogen rich environment and colonized the Earth. IMHO
I have proof but I can't share out of fear for my own safety, sorry.
Oh yeah, pyramids on mars and earth are connected.
The cydonia pyramids, and the face on Mars were constructed to last through the millenia of erosion while we evolved to intelligence as markers to let us know where we come from.

Haha, sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Haha, sure.

Just to be curious, what is it exactly you are "ha-ha-ing" at. I dont advocate everything the poster has said is correct or true, but IMO there are anomalies that we cant fully explain. It is a two sided arguement I guess....
But I guess what I'm most curious is about is your take/view on the history of Mars considering you're an archaeologist (per your title)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Haha, sure.

Just to be curious, what is it exactly you are "ha-ha-ing" at. I dont advocate everything the poster has said is correct or true, but IMO there are anomalies that we cant fully explain. It is a two sided arguement I guess....
But I guess what I'm most curious is about is your take/view on the history of Mars considering you're an archaeologist (per your title)

I would never say there wasn't life on Mars at one point. I don't believe there was, or is, but his idea is one of the most extreme theories i've ever heard.

I laughed at him saying, "I'm not going to give proof, in fear of my own safety."

Safety? From who? Aliens? The government? both are just as crazy ideas as each other.

I am not an archaeologist. I've only finished one year of school. Will I be one day? Yes, I love the classes and have no desire to ever switch majors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join