It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plugged In: The 8 Circuit Model of Consciousness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The 12th house rules the unconscious, but I am sure there are qualities of each sign which has 'motivations' that are different and may be why we have developed so many different techniques to connect with it and what lies beyond our understanding.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
zodiac archetypes....
perhaps you might find it useful?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
What the cat is doing is open to question

What a human thing to say.

simply enjoying that it's making sound or attempting communication on some level.

That's absolutely no different than human music. The only difference is what's on the cat's mind, which is also the most interesting thing to me. It's amazing listening to birds sing too. Of course there are a lot of people who make a hobby of listening to birds but most people don't realize how "psychic" birds really are and how much intelligent form is in their calls that even humans can relate to. Just like an foreign or especially oriental style of music, it just takes some getting used to, but animals can be natural musicians. They don't have the upper-layer processes to doubt or question the "correctness" of what they are doing, and don't need to. They are always totally absorbed in the moment.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Two Layers Within Us According to the theory of C.G. Jung, there is in our unconscious two layers, a personal, upper layer, and an impersonal, deeper one. The personal layer is coloured by our own life, our experiences and our surroundings, but has its roots in the impersonal layer. In this deeper layer, which all humans have in common, there is a "creative force", out of which emerges myths, symbols, images, dreams and fantasies. In Jung´s terms this is the depths from where "the archetypes" rise.
I suppose the creative force is first conceptualized in the subconscious, where then it is first interpreted as mythical or symbolic, where images and fantasies are interpreted as a possibility. Given meaning however one is "wired".
Impersonal is not a word I would use to describe that process. As I would think it is communication with the higher self.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Our Human Heritage When studying the myths, we see that they have many themes in common regardless of which culture they originate from. They tell about the creation of the world, about Man´s relation to gods and goddesses, about heroic quests etc. They tell about important human issues, situations that everyone of us encounters at different points in our life, like birth, marriage, funerals or choice of occupation, of living place, or ideas about religion and politics. All of us put our personal emphasis on these situations. They have the same, "archetypal" roots but their variations are unique for every person. It is the collective human voice, speaking out of the assimilated experiences from all those generations that have gone before us.
link Common experience is judged. We put rules and values on how each of these archetypical life experiences should be had. Devaluing variation on the concepts that go too far from our belief systems. Extremes of the experience are feared and labeled. In astrological terms each sign quality would seek out it's own type of experience to fit that quality. It is intended as diversity. To say only a Taurian type marriage is the right one is to devalue 11 other types. For example

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

It feels to me that the cat actually enjoys it. It seems to caress the keys much like I have seen guitar players do... lmao.
The kitty seems to like the sound, and seems to be thinking about it. I believe it knows that it is making music. It just may not have a word in its mind for it.. Most likely it has a image or a symbol for it in its mind. The image of the keys or the piano, or even of itself playing it. It could be the feeling it gives her that it thinks of before it wants to play.

edited for my signature excessive apostrophes

[edit on 14-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I know a bit of music theory and it seemed to me like the cat was just trying to press the keys that were most consonant with what the other person was playing, without realizing what any of what I just said means. At least when it was playing at the same time as the person was. And when the person stopped playing, so did it, and it just kept watching the person to see what they were going to do next. It was pretty impressive to me, the cat just had no desire (or probably capacity) to do anything as abstract as what most humans would consider "good art." But it seemed content enough just harmonizing with the person.

Have you ever seen this video of an elephant painting a self-portrait?:

Who would've thought, huh? We take animals for granted so much..

[edit on 13-6-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Each one of us have his or her own reactions and attitudes to these "archetypal" situations in life. They are coloured by personal experiences, habits and circumstances. Mostly we go through these changes smoothly and life goes on as it should. But sometimes this "archetypal" force can manifest itself in strange ways, maybe as a strong reaction to someone we encounter, like a spiritual leader or a partner. We can become quite fascinated by this perosn, in certain cases it can make itself felt almost like a "magic" spell so that your thoughts are occupied with the matter constantly. Just think of the way we react when we fall "desperately" in love!
So what it is that makes one person want one thing above another? What compels us to choose? What determines the choice? It isn't the way the brain is wired, it isn't always what we are taught is the "right" choice. Sometimes we say we "can't help it". And if it is "bad" we can even blame it on demons.
Why does the apple fall far from the tree?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Could you train an elephant to draw and then train it to draw a specific thing? For treats? I think maybe..
but I think it is pretty amazing that an elephant would start its portrait with its most distinguishing feature. What it is affectionate with, what feeds it. Pretty amazing, but not really when you know that they mourn, and remember. Feel emotions, and are social. They get angry and kill.. just like us.

edited to add that another guy walked by with a paper full of flowers. I think they are trained, but still amazing.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
more from the above link..

The Child and the Archetype
At birth the childs´ perception of his parents is coloured by an archetypal concept, the psyche´s expectation of "The Great Mother" who is the nurturer and fulfiller of all needs. If the personal parents can´t measure up enough for the child to have his individual emotional and bodily needs fulfilled, the archetypal image will not witdraw. It should, so to speak, be "conquered" by reality, i.e. the personal mother. If that does not happen, the child will remain unsatisfied and will continue to search for someone to give him whatever he thinks he is lacking. But as the shortage is charged with the force of an archetypal image, no ordinary human being can take that place and so the child will continue to go on chasing after an unattainable ideal, even as a grown up. Let it be said here, that it´s not fair to "blame it all" on the parent. The child can have an extra needy character and hard to satisfy.
Astrologically, this is the Sun and Moon energies and the axis of the IC and MC. described as...

No matter which house system we are using, it is worth pointing out that the meaning of the MC/IC axis is not identical to the meaning of the 4th and 10th houses, which describe the qualities and attitudes of our parents and what we learned on our mother's or father's knee. At the end of the day, the MC/IC meridian is a uniquely personal axis. It is our vertical axis, our central pillar, describing in the deepest sense where we are coming from and where we are going. And although this may very well be an extension of our parents' goals, ambitions and achievements, eventually our task appears to be to extract ourselves from the parental matrix, put down our own roots, and find our own place in the world. The MC describes our true vocation or 'calling', that 'something' we need to achieve in the world in order to fulfil our unique potential. Unlike the 10th house, it is driven from within, rather than from without. And the IC describes the roots of our being, which support and sustain and nourish us on an inner level, and which are the source of our potency and power in the world. As the midnight point in the birth chart, it is the point where the Sun dies and is reborn, and in traditional astrology it signifies 'the end of the matter', which also makes way for new beginnings. The vertical axis of the MC/IC can be compared to the chakra system, our central pillar, with the IC functioning as the base chakra. As with all axes, the MC and IC depend upon each other, because our capacity to grow upwards will always depend on the strength of our roots.
here Freud and many others focus on this archetype. I believe we hang on to it too long and do not find our own "personal parent" until much later in life. Many call the mid life crisis the point in which one "has" to grow up finally. ( I am 43)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
What a human thing to say.

Indeed. Being human I can't seem to help it

Actually, you wrote what I was thinking when I wrote that below.

Originally posted by bsbray11
The only difference is what's on the cat's mind, which is also the most interesting thing to me.

Interesting to me as well.

I agree with about the cat seeming to harmonize with its human counterpart. In fact there's a piece which may have been quite accidental where the cat changes to another key on the piano and gets a rather pleasant harmonic, at least to my ears. It then immediately returns to the keys it seems to enjoy pressing most.

Why it enjoys it is open to interpretation, but returning to the same keys implies to me that the cat is enjoying the sound on some level.

I believe near any mammal, all of which have a level of socializing instinct, will inevitably pick up behaviors and habits of the creatures around it. First and foremost I believe in an effort to communicate, which is where I believe humans first developed artistic ability. At some point it goes beyond communication and becomes an effort in and of itself to interpret the world around us.

[edit on 13/6/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Archetypal Astrology The image to the right shows a glowing being in the middle of a system which takes its nourishment from above as well as from below, from darkness as well as from light. In the middle is a watching eye. The energy seems to be circulating so that one side of the being gives out and the other can pick the fruits of its own efforts. Archetypal astrology is a way of looking at the horoscope with the theory of the archetypes from Jungian Psychology in mind. The archetypes can be described as psychical forces which generates "inner images", concepts and ideas which the whole of humanity have in common, regardless of cultural belonging.
same link

which says to me that the archetypes are universal within the astrological energies.
Two people from two different cultures with similar astrological configurations might do the same thing. One is accepted in their society, one is not. The energy is consistent, pure. The expression is judged. Therefore the consequences of the actions are different. One feels anger and or guilt, the other pride and acceptance.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hey for 35 dollars on this site you can align your zodiac attunements? Please.
It is a bit much. I believe we are born exactly as we are supposed to be. Allowing your true nature to express should be all the attunement one needs.

Although I am interested in vibrational healing.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Some info about elephants (which I find fascinating)...

Their trunks...

This appendage also plays a key role in many social interactions. Familiar elephants will greet each other by entwining their trunks, much like a handshake. They also use them while play-wrestling, caressing during courtship and mother / child interactions, and for dominance displays – a raised trunk can be a warning or threat, while a lowered trunk can be a sign of submission. Elephants can defend themselves very well by flailing their trunk at unwanted intruders or by grasping and flinging them.

Perhaps the elephant painting its trunk first is somewhat akin with the human fascination with eyes?

Their young...

A new calf is usually the centre of attention for all herd members. All the adults and most of the other young will gather around the newborn, touching and caressing it with their trunks. The baby is born nearly blind and at first relies, almost completely, on its trunk to discover the world around it.

I was actually thinking about this earlier, if the amount of time a young elephant spends with it's mother and the attention of the group has anything to do with other elephant behavior and their apparently deep emotional lives.

source
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Communication and learning at the bottom four circuits are akin to the Gemini/Sagittarius Axis. Described here

This axis of exploration concerns the relationship between information and meaning, facts and knowledge, the student and the teacher, the primary school and the university. The poles of this axis complete and complement each other. If the Gemini end loses touch with the bigger picture, with the value or purpose of the information it is gathering, then everything can become trivial, superficial and meaningless, even to the point of nihilism. If, on the other hand, Sagittarius loses touch with Gemini, the sense of having privileged access to the one truth can lead to arrogance and fundamentalism, cut off from the detachment and relative truths of Gemini.

The difference between knowledge and wisdom, and how they are dependent on one another.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Some info about elephants (which I find fascinating)...

Their trunks...

This appendage also plays a key role in many social interactions. Familiar elephants will greet each other by entwining their trunks, much like a handshake. They also use them while play-wrestling, caressing during courtship and mother / child interactions, and for dominance displays – a raised trunk can be a warning or threat, while a lowered trunk can be a sign of submission. Elephants can defend themselves very well by flailing their trunk at unwanted intruders or by grasping and flinging them.

Perhaps the elephant painting its trunk first is somewhat akin with the human fascination with eyes?

Their young...

A new calf is usually the centre of attention for all herd members. All the adults and most of the other young will gather around the newborn, touching and caressing it with their trunks. The baby is born nearly blind and at first relies, almost completely, on its trunk to discover the world around it.

I was actually thinking about this earlier, if the amount of time a young elephant spends with it's mother and the attention of the group has anything to do with other elephant behavior and their apparently deep emotional lives.

source
en.wikipedia.org...
No different really from cows. Matriarchal and very protective and loving. The alpha cow is respected and followed, their children can think they are privileged, and they remember where the good stuff is. Much like elephants a baby is a curiosity and they speak to it and will share milk. The calves from friendships that last their whole lifetime.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The Aries/Libra axis concerns the struggle to find the balance between autonomy and compromise, self-assertion and cooperation, respect for the self and respect for the other. Naturally associated with the 1st/7th houses, this is a cardinal, fire-air axis ruled by Mars and Venus, mythic lovers and antagonists in equal measure. It describes the inherent tension that exists in all relationships: the struggle to find a balance between personal freedom and autonomy on the one hand, and the support, approval and appreciation we all need from others on the other hand. The question is, how can we be independent and focused on the achievement of our own goals, and at the same time find completion and fulfilment in our relationships?
This axis sounds like what you were saying about me vs them. Selfishness vs Self love, Self expression. etc.

the word tolerance and acceptance come to mind.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The needs circuit is represented in the Cancer/ Capricorn axis...

Cancer and Capricorn can describe the twin core fears of engulfment and abandonment, which seem to be universal themes deeply lodged in all of our psyches. The sphere of Cancer and the Moon concerns nourishment and nurturing, early experiences of safety and care, and our need for protection. The Moon is the child in all of us, and the child the part of us that doesn't grow up. The sphere of Saturn, on the other end of the spectrum, is the sphere of the parent, the carer and provider, the one who is responsible for establishing safe boundaries. The entire axis is concerned with issues of security, safety and protection.
Where we found security was in the family or group unit. Developing a home base. Nurturer and provider. Male and female gender roles. The problem is expecting everyone to fall into that role and to remain in that role regardless of desire. A strict attitude on this axis will lead to disappointment eventually, as one needs to find both those archetypes within oneself.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Naturally associated with the 2nd/8th house axis, the inherent conflict on this axis revolves around issues of resources and ownership, values and possessions, both personal and shared. Taurus is a gentle, peace-loving and practical sign, which prefers to stay within its own sphere of comfort. However, if this axis becomes particularly polarised on the Taurus end of the spectrum, then the simple, biological drive towards stability can become inert and stagnant. This inevitably evokes and stimulates the kind of intense crises that are associated with the sign of Scorpio, which breaks down fixed structures in the interests of growth and new life.

what circuit do you suppose this is? any ideas?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Dealing with ideas of property and ownership would begin in the 2nd circuit in my interpretation. When we're told we can't touch something. Then we begin recognizing boundaries. And children seem to quickly develop and take to that concept at a young age with cries of "It's mine!".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join