It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Event Horizon (1997 film) horrifying implications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Event Horizon is one of my favorite Science Fiction movies. But the underlying truth in the film was never clearly revealed and is open to much debate.

But here's my opinion that what I think is implied by the film's story:

-Beyond our reality/dimension, there's a complete breakdown of order, where evil reigns supreme.
-The realm of evil is vastly larger than and completely surrounds our universe. It is probably the ultimate reality, ours is a fantasy world!!
-FTL (Faster-than-Light) travel is impossible because escaping this dimension would expose the ship and its occupants to unimaginable evil.
-There is no good God, only an evil God
-All the deceased will eventually end up in hell
-Our reality is like a factory of souls (Us) where our consciousness is created and molded, then eventually, consumed by the evil spirits in a horrific manner when we die. This reality could even be artificial, even created by the evil spirits themselves for their own sustenance or amusement. Kinda like a farm...
-They are watching us very closely.
-I really hope that is pure fiction!!

[edit on 8-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
An interesting take on one of my favorite films.

I thought sort of the same thing but the FTL drive they were using didn't make any sense to me at all but that's the fun of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I have heard a similar argument before, the idea of our creator being malevolent and cruel is not a new one. I believe it was the Cathars that first believed that the creator god of the Old Testament was evil, and so was his creation. But I would think that a universe created by evil beings for their own amusement would be far more… evil. We would not be able to experience love, or kindness, or any kind of togetherness/brotherhood in order to make our existence tolerable.

Now I do agree with the idea of inter-dimensional, and parallel dimensional spaces and, one of these spaces could be filled with the evil you mentioned. But with the evidence given I cannot believe that the occupants of this universe created us with evil intent.

All I have to do is wake up early, and look out crossed the lake at sunrise to know that no evil being could have created this.

P.S. event horizon is one of my favorite science fiction movies too.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by NRA4ever333]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NRA4ever333
But I would think that a universe created by evil beings for their own amusement would be far more… evil. We would not be able to experience love, or kindness, or any kind of togetherness/brotherhood in order to make our existence tolerable.

No, they could actually make the universe nice and cuddly exactly like what we have now so when we die, we'll be in for a terrible surprise!! That amuses them greatly!

Have you seen a child come across something nice that turned real nasty and send them running, crying, and screaming? Maybe this the same kind of reaction, evil beings wants from us, only for eternity.

Of course, this is fiction!! I'm not actually talking of conspiracy theory, a potential reality maybe, but like you said, I also don't feel that the universe was created by evil

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Didn't HP Love craft write about terrible things that existed at the edge of space?

Fiction o' course, but on the same page at least.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
An interesting take on one of my favorite films.

I thought sort of the same thing but the FTL drive they were using didn't make any sense to me at all but that's the fun of it.

They created a black hole, and a very powerful artificial gravity, which also created an artificial Ergosphere, thus enabling FTL travel (pls see links below). They had to concoct a stuff made up of 'probabilistic particles' - the black stuff, which is the stuff of Quantum Mechanics, to manipulate the random fluctuations of space and generate gravitons - the hypothetical gravity particle. From the film, it might be some kind of Bose-Einstein Condensate, any superfluid, or something else.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

It's quite similar to the warp drive principle in Star Trek, but how the film puts it together, I think IMO, is more realistic and possibly even more advanced in terms of simplicity, and efficiency! But sadly, it can only go to hell and back!!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Didn't HP Love craft write about terrible things that existed at the edge of space?

Yep, you can see some of that in Hellboy...very Lovecraftian...

One thing I always remember this movie for (Event Horizon)...best description/visualization of how one would "bend" space/time..... (the two dots on a piece of paper)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This movie was in all honesty the driving force and inspiration behind how I came to find ATS and other like info on the web.

It scared the crap right out of me, and in turn, got me into researching the wide range of topics/themes that come up in Event Horizon. (Hell/Heaven, Ghosts/Demons, Space Warping/Time Travel, Science & Technology, etc)

I havnt watched the movie in about 5 years probably, so Ill have a review and post back with my thoughts on your thoughts about the movie, ahnggk.

top topics

join