It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 things that Are Killing You!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cams
Excellent thread - thank you.

Just curious if you have ever looked into the claims that microwave cooking is detrimental to one's health?

For example:
healingtools.tripod.com...
healingtools.tripod.com...

Hahaha. Aerosol, and alluminum and microwaves were the topics that I cut out of this thread for reasons already mentioned. I will be creating another thread, and those will likely make the new list with others as well.

Thanks again for everyone who has contributed to this thread, and enjoyed the content. Take care.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A professor i had said that aluminum ions in the brain are related to alzheimer god i must of spelled that wrong... anyway you get that supposedly from drinking from aluminum cans... although imagine any metal container.

So probably the only thing safe to drink from is glass, like like a creek... and you'll have to kill the bacteria in that creek water with a glass pot lol.

Anyways in my families house in the country we have a well... and by well i mean a modern well... a big pipe that goes in the ground a fair distance like 100 ft or so and up comes the best water i have ever tasted anywhere. Lets just say Poland spring is crap as is anything else you find in the stores. Unless of course your in a zombie survival situation... then by all means drink whatever you find. And remember to head for Alaska because the zombies cant make it there for some reason lol

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Fascinating read, thanks to all.

However, my personal take is, I just cannot be bothered to be worried so much.

Still, for those who are interested in such things, then it's YOUR body, and there is nothing wrong with choosing to react in any way you desire.

Second thought, of course, for any parents out there -- whilst they are custodians of their children's exposure to the environment around us, I suppose this is useful.

Seems, though, when I was a small child in the 1950s none of these things were of concern. Yet, here I am!!! Guess I'm a fluke?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Naturally occuring things like sunlight are killing us more than these 7 minor irritations.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I thought Fluoride was simply part of the water treatment process. That the Fluoride used was a type of bleach for killing certain bacteria.

I thought it was supposed to fight cavities?

They used to make us take it every day in school as kids. We would put a whole thing of it in our our mouths and swish it around and spit it out. When I moved there I didn't know any better, and actually swallowed it at least once.

They should never give kids that stuff anyway. It is most definitely TOXIC.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by defcon5
I thought Fluoride was simply part of the water treatment process. That the Fluoride used was a type of bleach for killing certain bacteria.

I thought it was supposed to fight cavities?

They used to make us take it every day in school as kids. We would put a whole thing of it in our our mouths and swish it around and spit it out. When I moved there I didn't know any better, and actually swallowed it at least once.

They should never give kids that stuff anyway. It is most definitely TOXIC.

Here in the Southwest Flouride is a naturally occuring thing in the water, it is not added. The incidence of rotten teeth have jumped dramatically as people switch to bottled water. They have been urged to drink tap water to save their teeth. It seems its benifits outwiegh its risks.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was a victim of aspartame poisoning as a kid. I'm allergic to it. Though the affects may have done something odd to me. while initially the result was nerve damage and years recovering from twitches, fits, and other affects of not being in control of your own mind and nervous system, these days I seem to have immunities to most of those things you listed. I don't know, it's freaking weird. Now I can think of things that mystify others, but are simple for me to understand. the only possibility is that I am immune to at least some of those things. my IQ is above most people I know, my health is pretty awesome, and even though I'm a little overweight from being lazy, my blood sugar, pressure, etc etc are all normal. But I still can't take aspartame or other artificial sweeteners without intense headaches and multiple days of shaky hands. It's like I took snake poison.

My conclusion is that I might be a random lucky individual who may not be affected by all those things. I never get cavities, but rarely ever care for my teeth (washing my mouth out with water is good enough for me), my salt levels in me are all fine. All my organs have normal stats and all things are good to go.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Here in the Southwest Flouride is a naturally occuring thing in the water, it is not added.

Is that south west UK? Because I was just looking at this BBC report from back in 2008, it lists all the water authorities that add fluorine to the water.

South west water is not on the list, so presumably they don't add it. I was happy with that, but now you say it is naturally occurring? I think I should drink beer instead

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Here in the Southwest Flouride is a naturally occuring thing in the water, it is not added.

It occurs "naturally" because it's been manufactured by the millions of tons by our nuclear industry, of which it is a toxic by-product.

The nuclear energy establishment wants to cash in on South Africa's controversial chemical "tooth medicine" plan, writes TONY CARNIE

THE Pelindaba nuclear/chemical complex - set up by the apartheid government in the 1960s to produce atomic bombs and enriched uranium fuel - is set to become the major supplier of hundreds of tons of fluoride which will be added to drinking water throughout the country from next year.

In terms of health department regulations, water suppliers like Umgeni Water will be compelled to add fluoride to tap water in towns and cities nationwide, in a bid to reduce tooth decay.

In its concentrated form, fluoride is highly toxic. Yet it has been added in diluted form to the drinking water of many Americans for fifty years, to harden tooth enamel.

www2.fluoridealert.org...

Journalist Christopher Bryson claims in his new book “The Fluoride Deception” that the post-war campaign to fluoridate drinking water was less a public health innovation than a public relations ploy sponsored by industrial users of fluoride–including the government’s nuclear weapons program.

Hailed as a harmless chemical that would prevent tooth decay, new evidence shows how fluoride could be linked to serious health problems.

Fluoridation was first advanced in the US at the end of the second World War. Proponents argued that fluoride in water and toothpaste would help to protect teeth and prevent decay. Over the following decades, fluoride was added to public water supplies across the country.

While the benefits of fluoridation have been held to be unquestionable, accumulating evidence points to a frightening prospect: that fluoride may have serious adverse health effects, including infant mortality, congenital defects and IQ.

www.democracynow.org...

There is plenty of information available online as to why fluoride is "bad." Scientific studies, even. It is actually BANNED in China and many European countries (look it up). They have even shown that it is associated with a slight INCREASE in cavity rates in Germany. Only in the US where some people still make a lot of money from selling it (a waste product), do people still argue that it's good for you. This country sucks.

The incidence of rotten teeth have jumped dramatically as people switch to bottled water. They have been urged to drink tap water to save their teeth. It seems its benifits outwiegh its risks.

You are free to drink it yourself, but I try to avoid it every chance I get. Sugar is obviously what gives you cavities, not pure drinking water itself. The trouble is, fluoride is in nearly all drinks, all food that is processed with tap water, etc., so it's very hard to avoid. But it calcifies your pineal gland, leads to bone problems including osteoporosis, lowers your IQ (as a neuro-toxin), and lots of other not-so-nice things. The Nazis used it to keep people passive.

If you think it's good for you, more power to you. Just remember that doctors used to also recommend cigarettes. And asbestos is also now illegal. Etc. You are making yourself a guinea pig.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
While I will agree that most prescription and over the counter drugs are highly over used, there are a percentage of people that will benefit from their use. Now this group of people may be much smaller than those that are currently taking them. Those of us with asthma who have a hard time controlling it with other methods (exercise, diet, etc.) can be helped by certain prescription medication. I'm not saying this is for everything who has asthma, just those who are unable to control it through other means. I think the same can be said of other chronic illnesses as well. Not everyone will benefit, some will be made worse, but for those who it does help it will be considered a great thing for increasing the quality of their life.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thank you so very much for this! I have been on the "warpath" about medications for a very long time. I have seen people deteriorate quickly because of them, and then they just put more on top of them, until the person is in a downward spiral, and so much damage is done, it's irreparable.

Also, I am very disgusted with the television ads. I mentioned it one day to my doctor, and he said he is appalled by it, and most of his colleagues are also. I suggested they lobby against it.

Plus, the FDA has become so lax as to be virtually useless to us anymore.
The standards of what can be put on the market has dropped drastically.

I researched one drug...and the standard was to do an eight month study on forty people, but instead, they did a four month study on four people, and this was in a third world country. But obviously they got permission from the FDA to distribute. Why?

Money, of course. Turns out in this particular situation there was a severe withdrawal syndrome associated with the drug, but of course the manufacturer, at the time, didn't know that....because they only tested it for four months instead of eight. So they just cleaned it up a little, and put it right back....but they should not have been permitted to market it the first time. (There is a class-action suit in that situation, but it has been on hold for eight years). I don't expect anything will ever come of it.

I think drug companies have more power than we are aware. Seriously, I think they are somewhere at number two, following the oil companies. Something is very wrong with the FDA and the drug industry.

Oh, and just thought I'd mention this. One day, I was waiting to see my doctor, and he was heading into the room when another doctor stopped him. The door was partially cracked, and I heard the other doctor ask him if he was going to have lunch with the (drug company). He then said, he was going, because they would get a free lunch, plus $1,000.

So the days of the "free blender" are over. Of course, they come back with oodles of free samples, which helps the poor, but that's not my point.

You know my point.

Thanks for the thread. S&F

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, that’s quite an eye-opening thread. Although, a lot of these ideas I’ve heard before through various sources, you have done a tremendous job of compiling them for us. Starred and flagged my friend.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
good points OP, proves good intentions of Soviet Union rejecting flouridation, coca-cola products, microwaves, liquid coloring, etc.. 98% of population graduated from highschool in Soviet Union and those are unbiased numbers, supported by historians. If you think carefully, Democracy vs. Communism, the Evil has prevailed.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
life is harmful to your health...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

If you look at what Fluoride actually does to humans, and then reject the illogical reasoning of "dental care", I think the true answer reveals itself.

Nice I have some similar Ideas I gonna make a post In the survival Threads.

rehab

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Good information, something we all should be aware of and take into consideration. Star and flag!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thank you, king, for this list and the actions one can take.

Happily, I eliminated all of these (except plastic - which I minimize) years ago. Oh, and GMO. It's tough getting past that these days. I do my best, though, buying organic whenever I can.

But when one is on food stamps...it makes it rough.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Heh, well I must be living relatively healthy since my town has no Fluoride in its water, I avoid artificial sweeteners and MSG as much as a can and I dont think ive ever eaten a GMO product before (although I did have a packet of milk duds my sister brought back from a trip to America recently... just how many things do you guys stick corn syup into for crying out loud, anyway i found the Milk Duds to be completely unappetizing, not sure how you guys even stomach that sort of thing).

Apart from an occasional Paracetamol for a headache (which I try to avoid taking unless its a bad one) ive never in my 30 years of life taken prescription medicine. Plastics is a hard one although i do often drink orange juice that is bought in large plastic containers, thinking about it OJ being acidic would be an issue with plastic I guess? Good to see someone bring up the issue of plastics leeching into the food its containing i think thats something alot of people dont think about or realise.

As for Disinfectants I try to avoid using them as much as possible, living with 9 cats you sort of get used to a little dirt. Ive noticed in the last couple of years that im becoming rather sensitive to house hold detergents and aerosols, the damn things really make my nose go bonkers and most deodorants actually make me ill if i use them or even smell them (i use a mineral crystal deodorant personally works well and has no issues).

Last time I used a sunscreen was when I was 12, then again back then it was only SPF 8 or so as the strongest... cant imagine whats in the new SPF 64+ you can buy these days. I dont expose myself to sun alot anyway besides arms, head and neck. Pasty
... sun cookers are just stupid in my opinion, sure teh suns nice but use some friggin common sense.

Excellent thread, Star and Flag

Anyone that says its a load of rubbish deserves any ill health they get as a consequence. I personally see humanity not dieing out from wars but effectively wiping ourselves out with self made ill health, and the only people that will survive will be those that are healthy enough to resist all the crude we consume and use or those that totally avoid taking any of it to begin with.

Originally posted by audas

All one has to do to see hwo utterly ridiculous your carte blanche assertions are is to consider the impact of NOT using pain killers the next time one goes to the dentist -

Ive had two small white fillings done when i was 14 ... might i add the ONLY fillings ive ever had in my life, and ive only gone to the dentist 4 times in 30 years, 2 of which where checkups I was made to have. Both those fillings I had done with NO painkiller, it hurt yeah but hey...

I think you miss Kings point and thats if a person took care of their body and avoided the things hes listed you wouldnt have to go to the dentist/doctor/surgeon in the first place. Look after your teeth and you dont need painkillers... hell i let my wisdom teeth come through, sure their a little bent and have made my teeth a little wavy in places but they're fine now.
So I guess im lucky I managed to avoid that particular dentist visit.

When i think about it there's something people need to avoid... Metal Fillings. Its amazing that even today you have most dentists that still laud the benefit of those mercury filled nightmares.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
One has to wonder if anyone who makes or manufacturers these drugs take any of them themselves. .I just like to know what other people think on this subject.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Brothers]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
GREAT INFO!!!!!!!!! I commend your research. sheple on a daily diet consume this crap and haven't a clue why they don't feel right or for that matter even have a clue what it feels to feel right. I personally don't trust Coke products, Pepsi, or Kraft. Look them up once and do some research, Why does water from these manufactures have an aftertaste? do a simple taste test, water shouldn't have ANY flavor. Also try to pay attention to how you feel AFTER you drink Cokes water. those who are sensitive to their body will get what I mean. MSG will keep you up at night, Hmmm sleep drugs. and lets not forget about Sodium Nitrites... found in all processed lunch meats... Colon cancer!!! All this Crap is killing you and Our beloved government FDA does nothing.Why cause yes .. there is money to be made on drugs you don't need and health care.Good luck to you all.. Nice thread!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join