It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracy theorists jealous of those who have power?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It seems to me, that this site, is full of people who discuss those who are in more powerful groups than they are. Be it the Bilderbergers, the Federal Government, or whatever.

It's just you guys talking about them and what they do.

It's kind of like high school if you think about it. The jealous nerd kids talking about what the cool kids do.

I sense some jealously.

It's perfectly natural if you think about it. There are always those groups who don't know what the other groups are doing.

When you're as powerless as most of the people on this site though, I think there is some jealousy that is involved.

What do you guys think?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by NWOhereNOW]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am gelous because of my own insecurity. Well. So what?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Anything in High School Can relate to the real world.

I always picture N. Korea as the kid who brings a gun to school everyday and doesn't talk to the other students, and everyone is just waiting for something to happen with him.
Its not funny but the comparison is.

I'm jealous as all hell of the PTB, as a Person who went from Nerd in 9th grade to Superstar Jock by 12th grade, It was neat and possible.

Hopefully, I can be the one ruling the world, instead of the one whining about those who rule it.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

Well it's one thing to be jealous of people in power, but it's a completely other thing when some of the people in power are actually conspiring to dominate the rest of the "powerless" people.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well, it's no secret that certain groups in high school "conspire" to keep people down. I've been on both sides of that coin.

Hopefully you're smart enough to see that a conspiracy can just be a simple plan carried out be a couple of people or so, lawless or not.

I hope that you are able to see these small/minor "conspiracies" in your daily life. For example, do you know everything about the company you work for that your boss/superior knows???

Anybody that holds back information is acting in a conspiratorial matter, IMO.

This isn't about "jealously" my man. It's about truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Anything in High School Can relate to the real world.

I always picture N. Korea as the kid who brings a gun to school everyday and doesn't talk to the other students, and everyone is just waiting for something to happen with him.
Its not funny but the comparison is.

I'm jealous as all hell of the PTB, as a Person who went from Nerd in 9th grade to Superstar Jock by 12th grade, It was neat and possible.

Hopefully, I can be the one ruling the world, instead of the one whining about those who rule it.

What's that song...

I cant stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision
Everybody wants to rule the world
Say that youll never never never never need it
One headline why believe it ?
Everybody wants to rule the world

At least you can admit it. Who really, doesn't want to rule the world?

Everyone thinks they personally have the answers to fix the problems they see wrong.

Most people would probably resort to complete anarchy or a complete dictatorship.

"The powers that be" if they exists, actually seem to be pretty balanced about how they are going on with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Oh man, I am so busted. Here I thought I had everyone fooled into thinking that I wanted a nice, safe, secure environment and country for my family and my kids to grow up in.
When all I really wanted was world domination, untold death and destruction, massive starvation across the globe and a total restructuring of the human race.
As the kids say. . . my bad. . .

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Well it's one thing to be jealous of people in power, but it's a completely other thing when some of the people in power are actually conspiring to dominate the rest of the "powerless" people.

I doubt it.

In high school, I remember when observing the social strata that the "cool kids" did, in fact, dominate the nerds in matters such as prom king and queen and also all things such as class president and treasurer.. Same goes for regular elections today. People vote for the cool guys, don't they?

It was always about popularity. A big dog and pony show as they say.

It was never about merit was it?

Seems that only a few of the Chinese dynasties where ever about merit - but even then the emperor was chosen based on birthright.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
Well, it's no secret that certain groups in high school "conspire" to keep people down. I've been on both sides of that coin.

Hopefully you're smart enough to see that a conspiracy can just be a simple plan carried out be a couple of people or so, lawless or not.

I hope that you are able to see these small/minor "conspiracies" in your daily life. For example, do you know everything about the company you work for that your boss/superior knows???

Anybody that holds back information is acting in a conspiratorial matter, IMO.

This isn't about "jealously" my man. It's about truth.

It's seems to be about jealousy of not having information then. Those who don't have the information always WANT the information, don't they?

People where WANT to know about DISCLOSURE in all things.

They want to be ON BOARD.

They want to be "cool"...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Oh man, I am so busted. Here I thought I had everyone fooled into thinking that I wanted a nice, safe, secure environment and country for my family and my kids to grow up in.
When all I really wanted was world domination, untold death and destruction, massive starvation across the globe and a total restructuring of the human race.
As the kids say. . . my bad. . .

Basically, you are saying you don't have a SAY at all in how you will raise your kids and family.

You sound like you expect to have what you want given to you, without having to do anything?

You MUST have some sort of power or influence in order to sway societal reality whether it is high school of the real world.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
I am gelous because of my own insecurity. Well. So what?

Well nothing then because you want to be secure.

You want to have the power that the powers that be have.

Maybe you want to make the world a better place. This means you want to be able to influence the direction of the world.

In order to shape the world to your vision, you MUST have the power to do so... but, you don't.

The people who DO, they do not share your vision probably.

People are always at odds with this.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I adore Hitler, not for his atrocities, but he's one of the few, that have conquered so much, and will really be Immortal for it, everyone will and does know his name, immortality, if I could somehow make my name ring throught the generations to come it'd be incredible.

Plus some even believe he's still alive, and well that makes him more immortal.

We are all communists, as long as were the dictators.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I never had time to be jealous in high school as I was in the symphony and marching band.

I've had more than my share of power in my life and would like very much to not have any now as I grow older and would like to become invisible. With power comes great responsibility.

Yes, many people are very jealous of any powerful person or organization but I don't agree that CT's are jealous of those in power.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

On the contrary. I most definitely have a say in what goes on in my little corner of the world. Any influence that I have on the big picture, I try to influence in a positive way also.

As for high school, guy, that was decades ago. I don't even think I remember the dynamics nor do I care. I don't think I cared back then.

What is frustrating about TPTB is that I can see what they are doing and it %$#$es me off! They have their agenda and I have mine.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I adore Hitler, not for his atrocities, but he's one of the few, that have conquered so much, and will really be Immortal for it, everyone will and does know his name, immortality, if I could somehow make my name ring throught the generations to come it'd be incredible.

Plus some even believe he's still alive, and well that makes him more immortal.

We are all communists, as long as were the dictators.

Wouldn't it be? I've always thought it would be great to come up with an invention, a scientific principle or action which puts my family name into the history books virtually FOREVER. Like you suggest: Who is EVER going to forget Hitler's name, his life, and his actions?

When studied from a non-emotional standpoint.. what he did was SIMPLY AMAZING. It's really something to look up to as a leader of men. I'm of course not talking about the atrocities, but just the leadership. If it were applied to something more beneficial (and it was, in part) besides genocide, then just imagine.

He was one of the PTB once upon a time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

On the contrary. I most definitely have a say in what goes on in my little corner of the world. Any influence that I have on the big picture, I try to influence in a positive way also.

As for high school, guy, that was decades ago. I don't even think I remember the dynamics nor do I care. I don't think I cared back then.

What is frustrating about TPTB is that I can see what they are doing and it %$#$es me off! They have their agenda and I have mine.

High School was "long ago" for me too, but the dynamics are CORE of what it is to be human so shame on you for forgetting. They may have been superficial, but do you honestly believe we don't retain those same superficialities as a species as we age and form other institutions and organizations?

High school is the place where the social aspect of humanity is really cultivated, is it not? It is the de-facto institution where we become more aware of the social structure and organization of humanity, and how it relates to POWER. Perhaps you are forgetting how shallow the human race is?

Of course, there isn't much real power in high school... but isn't the presidential campaign trail EXACTLY like the high school class president campaign trail except for MONEY and a few other things??

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I never had time to be jealous in high school as I was in the symphony and marching band.

I've had more than my share of power in my life and would like very much to not have any now as I grow older and would like to become invisible. With power comes great responsibility.

Yes, many people are very jealous of any powerful person or organization but I don't agree that CT's are jealous of those in power.

You illustrate the antithesis of those who want power: those who IGNORE power by not gravitating toward it.

Passive. Let the world carry out it's will as it will - the only problem with this is that those who strive for power are the world. Their will is the way.

If you are not competeting for power, than what good are you doing for the direction of the world?

It would seem those those who are capable of being in power compete to hold that power so that they can direct the world to their will.

The Bilderbergers, for example.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No. I have to disagree. If there are social aspects to be cultivated then it had to happen long before high school. Grade school, kindergarten, there the dynamics, the social imprinting, is developed. If you don't have a grasp of social dynamics by the time you're ten, then I think you're pretty much screwed.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

No. I have to disagree. If there are social aspects to be cultivated then it had to happen long before high school. Grade school, kindergarten, there the dynamics, the social imprinting, is developed. If you don't have a grasp of social dynamics by the time you're ten, then I think you're pretty much screwed.

You're right. What I am saying is that they are only applied to the fullest extent while in high school. We learn various cultural and social dynamics as we grow, of course, but high school is the culmination of those.

Then again, I wonder if you have (had) children because of your comment about being 10!

If you've been through college, you recognize that the continua of social dynamics isn't as profound as the other institutions. College typifies "experimentation" more than it does practical application of the social dynamo.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Dude you theory has no merit at all. Most people on sites like these are not "jealous" of the Rothschilds and Rockefellers, they wouldn't even want to be like them because they are disgusting people. We are here to learn and spread the truth about how things work in the world and who is trying to steer events to achieve their selfish goals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join