It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracy theorists jealous of those who have power?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Dude you theory has no merit at all. Most people on sites like these are not "jealous" of the Rothschilds and Rockefellers, they wouldn't even want to be like them because they are disgusting people. We are here to learn and spread the truth about how things work in the world and who is trying to steer events to achieve their selfish goals.

I'm not saying they want to "be like them" at all, just only to be able to effect the world the way they do.

... wouldn't you want to be in a position where you can stop these selfish people from steering events to achieve their selfish goals.

Wouldn't you want to correct their conspiracies? Wouldn't you want to end their influence?

No? You don't?

You just want to talk about what they do?

Well?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOhereNOW

Your generalizing. College happened a few years later for me than the average. Not so much experimenting but goal oriented.
Let me ask you a question.
Jealous of those who have power.
Isn't this more an issue of insecurity than jealousy.
If you think you're powerless, then you might want to crave power.
But if you know you already have the power to make changes then wouldn't all others quest for power seem trivial?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Your generalizing. College happened a few years later for me than the average. Not so much experimenting but goal oriented.
Let me ask you a question.
Jealous of those who have power.
Isn't this more an issue of insecurity than jealousy.
If you think you're powerless, then you might want to crave power.
But if you know you already have the power to make changes then wouldn't all others quest for power seem trivial?

I don't think so. There seems to always be something/someone just behind you in a position to knock you out of power. This applies to individuals and organizations.

It's the nature of Alpha male vs. Beta male. The beta male's nature is to become Alpha.

You speak of jealousy vs. insecurity: I don't see a difference because jealously comes about because of insecurity.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Jealousy is the irrational wanting of power when you have none or some.

Insecurity is the self-doubt that you may have when/if you have the power.

Two completely different beasts.
Jealousy is the irrational side.
Insecurity is the self-doubt, the reaffermation you may require to handle responsibility.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Jealousy is the irrational wanting of power when you have none or some.

Insecurity is the self-doubt that you may have when/if you have the power.

Two completely different beasts.
Jealousy is the irrational side.
Insecurity is the self-doubt, the reaffermation you may require to handle responsibility.

Again, jealously comes from insecurity.

I believe you may better be educated of the relationship between the two by doing a simple Google search for "jealousy insecurity" and reading the web pages which explain it.

Your singular interpretation of two seemingly desperate and unconnected definitions is not realistic. There exists a relationship between the two.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i am not jealous of them, i just want them in prison

than when power is stripped from all nazi's i will be happy

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THAT MUCH POWER!!!!

I am NOT JEALOUS --- i am AGAINST IT!!!

i want misplaced "Power" Gone for Good

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
in my opinion your thread is an attempt to bait anyone on this forum into a massive argument about their Motives. (and i fell for it sadly)

you are the one that we should be debating YOUR motives.

i am asking for you to clean up your act as it is based on provoking others into pointless arguments.

are people that post "are conspiracy theorists jealous" threads actually Trolls?
maybe i should go post that thread - but i refuse to stoop to your level

so i will not post that thread, as it is as big of a waste of space as this one is

[edit on 7-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i am not jealous of them, i just want them in prison

than when power is stripped from all nazi's i will be happy

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THAT MUCH POWER!!!!

I am NOT JEALOUS --- i am AGAINST IT!!!

i want misplaced "Power" Gone for Good

You sound jealous based on what you've just posted.

You're against it. You are against people have that power.

You are jealous.

Here are some definitions:

1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.
2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.
3. characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment: a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.
4. inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: a jealous husband.
5. solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: The American people are jealous of their freedom.
6. Bible. intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry: The Lord is a jealous God.

You are AGAINST it. That sounds like RESENTMENT to me.

Resentment:

. In a bad sense, strong displeasure; anger; hostility
provoked by a wrong or injury experienced.

Resentment . . . is a deep, reflective displeasure
against the conduct of the offender. --Cogan.

Sir, I do not think you are very aware of your own emotions. There is nothing particularly wrong with being jealous besides what those in power place upon you. Perhaps you feel that being jealous is a BAD things because they have made it as such, and you believe them?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I adore Hitler, not for his atrocities, but he's one of the few, that have conquered so much, and will really be Immortal for it, everyone will and does know his name, immortality, if I could somehow make my name ring throught the generations to come it'd be incredible.

Plus some even believe he's still alive, and well that makes him more immortal.

We are all communists, as long as were the dictators.

I sorta see where you are coming from. But wouldn't you rather be remembered famously instead of infamously? Perhaps somebody like Plato, Edison, Da Vinci? Personally I have no innate desire to be remembered through the ages. If I could think of an invention that would HELP millions around the world, so be it.

As smart and cunning as Hitler was, he will mostly be remembered for swaying millions of people to hate minorities, and enacting policies to kill those who did not fit into his certain ideological structure. Not to mention, arranging the systematic extermination of millions of innocent citizens and attempting to spread his influence around the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

in my opinion your thread is an attempt to bait anyone on this forum into a massive argument about their Motives. (and i fell for it sadly)

you are the one that we should be debating YOUR motives.

i am asking for you to clean up your act as it is based on provoking others into pointless arguments.

are people that post "are conspiracy theorists jealous" threads actually Trolls?
maybe i should go post that thread - but i refuse to stoop to your level

so i will not post that thread, as it is as big of a waste of space as this one is

[edit on 7-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

I think you've been brainwashed by TPTP so much that you think this thread is baiting.

You have obviously reached a point where you disagree with the thread so much that you MUST call it a troll thread.

If you think about it: TPTP may have a forum where they consider any conspiracy thread to be baiting.

The Christians may have a forum where any anti-God talk is trolling.

etc... etc...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Republican08

I adore Hitler, not for his atrocities, but he's one of the few, that have conquered so much, and will really be Immortal for it, everyone will and does know his name, immortality, if I could somehow make my name ring throught the generations to come it'd be incredible.

Plus some even believe he's still alive, and well that makes him more immortal.

We are all communists, as long as were the dictators.

I sorta see where you are coming from. But wouldn't you rather be remembered famously instead of infamously? Perhaps somebody like Plato, Edison, Da Vinci? Personally I have no innate desire to be remembered through the ages. If I could think of an invention that would HELP millions around the world, so be it.

As smart and cunning as Hitler was, he will mostly be remembered for swaying millions of people to hate minorities, and enacting policies to kill those who did not fit into his certain ideological structure. Not to mention, arranging the systematic extermination of millions of innocent citizens and attempting to spread his influence around the world.

This obviously wasn't aimed at me, but I will still respond.

What is with the infamous/famous thing you have going on?

Would an infamous person be JEALOUS of a famous person? There is a clear dividing line for the "famousosity" here, but who is to say one is better than the other?

If TPTP want to become famous for being horrible...

Isn't that just as valid as becoming famous for being great?

Do bad people not exist?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
this isnt a conspiracy thread

it is a thread based on taking crap to almost everyone on the whole forum

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

this isnt a conspiracy thread

it is a thread based on taking crap to almost everyone on the whole forum

I'm not talking crap about people on this forum. I'm merely attempting to get at the core of the idea/conceptual structure that surrounds the thinking which is illustrated here.

Is that so wrong?

It appears that you have a problem with this. It's as if you are trying to keep such a thing a secret beyond the eyes of the general public because you take comfort in the notion that it is some type of "secret".

Is this true?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOhereNOW

I'm not saying they want to "be like them" at all, just only to be able to effect the world the way they do.

Assuming you mean "to the extent they do" rather than "the way they do":

We already have that power. There are tremendously more faces to be stamped on than boots to do the stamping.

But, I see now that you believe we are all doomed to slavery. Your hopelessness, my friend, is your problem not mine. Please refrain from projecting your own feelings upon the rest of the community here. It is perfectly clear that you are the one who respects their authority and envies their power.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

Assuming you mean "to the extent they do" rather than "the way they do":

We already have that power. There are tremendously more faces to be stamped on than boots to do the stamping.

But, I see now that you believe we are all doomed to slavery. Your hopelessness, my friend, is your problem not mine. Please refrain from projecting your own feelings upon the rest of the community here. It is perfectly clear that you are the one who respects their authority and envies their power.

The powers that be vs. the powers that see.

That is what I am showing.

The powers that see will NEVER bee the powers that be. It is impossible for those that see will always see those that be. This doesn't describe any particular people, but just a pattern which exists.

Will ATS ever bee TPTB?

I don't think so. Do you?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

People are concerned about these topics because they have such potentially massive impact.. ie: genocide, free energy, the direction the world is taking, and it's impact on whether we live or die or suffer greatly through such impact...

you know.. the big issues.

it's just a tiny bit less about the cool kids and the nerdy kids who wish they were cool

a lot more about informed individuals rejecting lies, and researching on their own, actual house bills, black ops projects, ancient information, etc. being concerned about the real direction the world is taking, and how it affects them and their loved ones.

somehow you're inferring that the personas at the top of the power structure are attractive and intriguing?
! there is nothing more droll and boring and drab as the personalities these people exhibit.
people are interested in what they're doing not who they are.
anyone who wants to be one of these types is lacking in the reasoning department, and i doubt you'll find anyone who wants to be in these people's position, making the kind of decisions they are...

i think your lack of scope on the subject you're presenting is typical of someone who has a very short sighted, and thus inferior depiction of reality.

I would be embarrassed of myself for going through life making the kind of ridiculously inept and juvenile assumptions and conclusions, as you have done here.

but you know..
...just sayin.

-

[edit on 7-6-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I honestly see a couple selfish individuals possibly relating their experience to a very possible situation. But whatever, I woulnd't be the one to tell you how to act.

The PTB are real whether they are shadow or not. It just so happens that 'organizations' such as the Bilderbergers are definitely shady and wealthy individuals. We all know wealth = power/influence. And we know people with power tend to crave power. And we know the only way to gain more power is to reduce anothers power. Pretty sure the American approval rating for wars over seas is rather slanted towards getting countrymen home, last I heard anyway, yet they aint comin any time soon - at least by the look of the current state of events in the middle east.

Jealous? Nah, I did the sports, partied, socialized, etc. but I never looked down upon people. Good values taught by my parents, and having other family with health issues, led me to believe that inequality, at least in a social sense, is rather silly and childish. Inequality in biology is just nature
. I got along with everyone and was happy with doing what I do the best I can. Oh ya, I also maintained good grades, played lots of video games, and read Forgotten Realms along with other 'real' works, such as A Tale of Two Cities.

I just simply don't think its ok to let kids starve and become diseased just because a few people like to make big bucks.

Are you just so dependent that you can't see things for what they are? That you'd be willing to fight to keep things the way they are?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
double post

sry

[edit on 7-6-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Will ATS ever bee TPTB?

It doesn't matter if they will be.

Do you want ATS to be TPTB?

I personally would like to see it. Sure some people may be extreme here, but the majority of individuals are creative, value-based, critically free thinkers. ATSers care about other people, about other animals, and about things that aren't even alive, such as our planet. That is true.

Sure we don't "act" upon our beliefs all the time, but it's hard to when I'd say most are average-paid, hard working people. After all, you can't even be certain to spread the word/get legal justice on topics, such as carcinogens in cow growth hormones, because people in power keep things under wraps. But even because those reporters who spoke out, a lot of milk providers stopped using milk from cows injected with these hormones.

What I was trying to say is that they really do act around here by spreading the word - a person with values doesn't just go killing, shamelessly, their oppressors/competition you know - at least until that's all they think they can do.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Will ATS ever bee TPTB?

Of course not. ATS is a website...

Then again... those who own and operate this website are indeed "TPTB" on this website. I will acknowledge their authority, because I did agree to their terms.

I have never agreed to the terms of "TPTB" to which you are referring however, therefore I am not obligated to allow them to have any authority over me. Their supposed power is a fallacy.

The only "TPTB" over my daily life in my understanding are the natural forces governing this planet of ours. You can be governed by whatever you like though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join