It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merced's water bottled by Safeway, resold at a profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Bottled water is one of the biggest money making scams on the planet. And its even worse when the water is bottled from the local water supply and sold as being more than that. Buy a faucet filter and a Stainless steel bottle, and you will have all the convenience of bottled water, clean taste and no land fill waste.

In Safeway's case they pay more than $1,000 a month for more than a million gallons of water. The retail cost for that much purified bottled water at Safeway is just under $3 million. Safeway would not say how much it costs them to produce their water.

Safeway Bottling Tap Water and Selling it for Huge Profits

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
lol, yea bottled water is a joke. I used to drink it b/c I thought it was cleaner than regular water, then all of those stories came out about pollutants being found.

Now I bought myself a reverse-osmosis water filter, it works amazing. Removes fluoride and all other junk from the water. Take THAT bottled water, never again will I buy poland springs!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
this is why buying water is a rip off

1000 $ from the city faucet , 3million into your pocket

too bad i didnt think of it first!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When the bottled water craze started I often thought to myself, and commented to others, that the stuff was probably being bottled in some dirty garage from a gross tap.
Turns out I wasn't far off!

I never cared much for the taste of it, so I've probably only had a dozen bottles in my life. And most of those were during occasions where bottled water was simply very convenient.

I wonder if these el-cheapo bottling facilities also use low-grade plastic bottles in order to increase the profit margins. I'm no expert on how plastic containers affect food or drink, but I am pretty sure that if the contents of such a container remain in it long enough, certain chemicals will bleed off from the plastic. So not only is the bottled water going to contain the same pollutants as tap water, but if it's been sitting around long enough, it might contain some nasty plastic byproducts as well. Yummy!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
this is what they do its common knowledge not a conspiracy!

dasani is a great product because all the bottling is done local meaning little transportation costs.

the only bottled water i drink regularly is voss.

if you dont know what that is its because either your uneducated or poor. let google sort you out though so you can get good bottled water not tap water einsteins.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Crystal Geyser water bottled in Olancha calif is just plain old well water.
its the same water that the people in Olanche calif drink from the tap.

There protected mountain springs are plain old wells with a chain link fence around them.

wells
36º 18' 10.97 N 118º01' 12.70"W
36º 18' 24.09 N 118º01' 17.07"w
36º 18' 27.74 N 118º01' 16.41"W

bottling plants
36º 18'22.17"N 118º01'27.75"W
36º 18'09.55"N 118º01'16.75"W

www.crystalgeyserasw.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I jokingly predicted the sale of bottled water when I was in school. Now its not so funny.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Anyone ever notice that Evian backwards is naive?

Just saying.......

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yep, Ived point that out jokingly to friends and family. I wouln't be at all surprised if that is deliberate too.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My family buys bottled water once in a while for trips where we are really buying the convenience of the bottled water. We just installed a water filter and bottle our own water for daily use for the most part.

Back on topic though we laughed at people thinking that they were healthier drinking bottled water versus tap water.
Penn and tellar had an awesome episode about bottled water.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I am reminded of this gem from Saturday Night Live.

Swill

top topics

join