It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto & Cancer Milk: Fox News Kills Story & Fires Reporters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So, should we force Monsanto to shut down to stop all this supposed evidence? Protest Monsanto daily and keep on there heels? I live in St.Louis ( Monsanto HQ ) which is 20 minute drive from me and my wife works for Monsanto. She also does baby sitting on the side for some families that work for Monsanto as well. She is about as close with these people as you can get to someone with out being related and we have never once heard of anything like this and she is told A LOT.

If people did manage to get Monsanto shut down at at least get the higher ups fired then odds are My wife and many of our friends would be with out jobs. Sorry, but I can not allow that to happen. This economy sucks and neither me or my wife can afford to be with out jobs.

My wife was reading this article someone sent her at work ( Monsanto ) today and sent it to me which is why I am responding.Like she said,even if she had heard about this ( And if true, she'd know ) or knew about this,she wouldn't say anything and lose her job so some of you could sleep better! Her job and mine and trying to get by is much more important to us.

I've said what I had to say on this subject.Now lets proceed with insults and saying me and my wife are on Monsanto's PR pay roll!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That's Fox for ya. Evil corporate machine that enables and coddles the Evil Conservative Agenda.

Make money at all costs. Screw the little guy. Dumb em' down.

God bless the U.S.A.

Are you serious? Come on. Fox is the only news channel that has been even remotely fair on coverage of most everything. Next you'll say all of us that watch Fox News are racist and right wing nut jobs like Fox is always accused of. This site scares me some times because the way some people are so paranoid!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I love my Organic Milk without Growth Hormones!

Although I know there are people who are so cynical as to believe that even has issues, but I can tell one heckuva difference between the two...

Organic milk lmao. That's just as bad as organic food. I eat regular food and regular milk and i'm healthy as a horse and so is my wife and daughter!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkel

Are you serious? Come on. Fox is the only news channel that has been even remotely fair on coverage of most everything. Next you'll say all of us that watch Fox News are racist and right wing nut jobs like Fox is always accused of. This site scares me some times because the way some people are so paranoid!

I don't think you're a racist or a nutjob. I do think Fox is extremly bias, this story alone proves that they would rather yield to high paying advertisements then to do their duty as reporters.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So long as people tune in those stations, they will have ratings to charge their sponsors more in advertising. And so long as sponsors now control the media, what we hear and see will be what "they" want us to see.

Kudos to you for posting and to the two brave journalists that stepped up to do the right thing. Why on YouTube? Because of the collusion among the media giants to produce the same spin on all the media outlets.

Can anyone remember when the news was really news and when reporters just reported it? At the end of the broadcasts, local and national anchors would announce a commentary or opinion piece, usually by a producer or news editor, with a disclaimer to the effect that "the opinions expressed by that individual did not necessarily reflect the views of the station or the network. A great way to let us know what is really going on without libel suits being directed toward the network.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted.

Consumer rejection forces Monsanto out genetically engineered bovine growth hormones

Monsanto announced yesterday that it is getting out of the business of producing bovine growth hormone rBST, a genetically engineered (GE) product to increase milk production in dairy cows. The move comes after global consumer and market rejection of the product, with companies like Safeway, Starbucks and Kraft recently announcing they are removing milk produced using rBST in many of their products. This year, Monsanto failed in their attempt to stem consumer rejection, losing bids in several states which would have prevented dairies from labelling their products as rBST free.

Milk and cheese made with rBST has been banned in Canada and Europe for the past decade. In Canada, rBST was banned in 1998 after scientists within Health Canada, publicly raised health and safety concerns about the product.

blogs.greenpeace.ca...

Thank god Canada, I think I cried.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkel

You won't have BST in regular milk. Farmers get about $12 dollar for 100# of milk. BST supposedly increase production by 3000# to 5000#, per cow. The math; 5000/100 * 12.00=$600.00. BST cost $1000.00 per cow. The only farmers that can make a profit from this are organic farmers, org milk price $30.00 per hundred.

This product is so little used it being pull of the market, Monsanto is not making a profit on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuckhere
You won't have BST in regular milk.

Actually that is not true, and I just read about this. BST is natuarally occurring in all milk. It is rBST that is not, but it is difficult to distinguish between the two analytically:

www.fda.gov...

There is currently no way to differentiate analytically between
naturally occurring bST and recombinant bST in milk, nor are there
any measurable compositional differences between milk from cows that
receive supplemental bST and milk from cows that do not. Therefore,
to ensure that claims that milk comes from untreated cows are valid,
States could require that firms that use such claims establish a
plan and maintain records to substantiate the claims, and make those
records available for inspection by regulatory officials. The
producer of a product labeled with rbST claims should be able to
demonstrate that all milk-derived ingredients in the product are
from cows not treated with rbST. Failure to maintain records would
make it difficult for a firm to defend itself in the face of
circumstantial evidence that it is using rbST or selling milk from
treated cows. In some situations (e.g., dairy cooperatives that only
process milk from untreated cows), States may decide that affidavits
from individual farmers and processors are adequate to document that
milk or milk products received by the firm were from untreated cows.

This product is so little used it being pull of the market, Monsanto is not making a profit on it.

They sold it out to Eli Lily in 2008. $300 million upfront payment, and additional "undisclosed" contingencies.

[edit on Tue Jun 9th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

you can fight these as holes by not buying anything with soy or corn as an ingredient

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Incredible but shouldn't surprise anyone as $money$ corrupts everybody and everything. Wikipedia has an extensive article (generally negative) on Monsanto...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkel
If people did manage to get Monsanto shut down at at least get the higher ups fired then odds are My wife and many of our friends would be with out jobs. Sorry, but I can not allow that to happen. This economy sucks and neither me or my wife can afford to be with out jobs.

My wife was reading this article someone sent her at work ( Monsanto ) today and sent it to me which is why I am responding. Like she said,even if she had heard about this or knew about this, she wouldn't say anything and lose her job so some of you could sleep better! Her job and mine and trying to get by is much more important to us.

I've said what I had to say on this subject.Now lets proceed with insults and saying me and my wife are on Monsanto's PR pay roll!

Statements like the one above are one of the reasons why Monsanto's atrocities continue. They are very cancer of society and speaks volumes on ones fortitude. The destruction of this great country (USA) and others though-out history, are based from people "looking the other way" simply for greed or fear.

Please spend a few hours personally researching Monsanto, if you did, you would not question facts presented here in order to simply find some straw man's excuse to justify working for a corporation that knowingly suppressed harmful facts that directly affected infants, toddlers and young children.

Personally, I would never sell my soul for a job but it sadly seems the norm these days. The evidence supporting Monsanto's many atrocities is massive and overwhelming.

Saying "it's my job" or "I will get fired", does not make it right.

Originally posted by kyred
So these reporters decided to go to CNN, or MSNBC, NBC. ABC, CBS, etc. and pass on all this information to them so they could expose Monsanto, and, I am sure, to discredit FOX? The video doesn't mention such efforts. So instead we watch a youtube video? It's a hit piece directed at FOX.

No, friend, it is not.
I truly could not care less about FOX or any other MSM when I posted it. There is zero difference in any of the MSM, each is directly controlled by mega corporations and their corporate elites, which is only interested in control of information and profit.

I find it strangely odd how many people comment on my videos' in defense of FOX, some with an almost religious overtone? (This last part is not directed at you kyred, please take no insult.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great topic and I really appreciate everyone getting the word out on the Monsanto Empire and the extremely dangerous GE chemicals, especially rBST/rBGH.

Here's another great article for further research...

mservicegroup.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

i hate to sound harsh and i'm even considering taking my own words into my own actions but if your tired of it move to the woods!

the government has the fire power the control and power they can do what they want! what are we gonna do about it? alot of the world dont like the way we treat other countries but what are they gonna do about it? when your the bad boy on the block you can pretty much get away with anything!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have posted several times here on ATS the court ruling that Fox news can lie to the public. I have done research to make sure that the quote was valid.

Until this thread, I didn't know that the source of that legal decision was a Monsanto case.

That's how powerful this company is, even when they are exposed to scrutiny they still manage to stay in the shadow.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Actually that is not true, and I just read about this. BST is natuarally occurring in all milk. It is rBST that is not, but it is difficult to distinguish between the two analytically:

It's not difficult to distinguish if you look at the cows udders. The cow on hormones will have engorged, stretched beyond belief, bloody, skin ripped, pus oozing, titties. A certain amount of blood and pus in the milk is legally allowable.

There used to be a site called notmilk.com that showed graphic pics of what the hormones were doing to the animals as well as much information on the detriment to human health from drinking this milk and products made from it.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Merkel

You need to seriously review your life.

Morals and Ethics are something that cannot be priced. I understand that you have bills and that things would get hard if you lost an income, but you are openly saying that the health and welfare of your fellow man means nothing to you.

You will not allow your wife to lose her job? So the poisoning of children is OK as long as your mortgage is paid? That the health of MILLIONS is secondary to your personal comfort?

So your wife hasn't heard about this at work: Do you really think Monsanto is going to tell every employee about every dirtbag scam they inflict upon humanity?

Again, you need to re-evaluate things, YOU exemplify everything that is wrong with the world today.

Just so you know, I almost had to declare bankruptcy 3 years ago because I HAD to quit a job. I discovered what my employer considered acceptable and it did not mesh with my moral/ethical code of conduct.

Paying my bills was important, but not as important as being a responsible human being.

...and NO, this time I am not sorry for offending someone.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Throughout my time here at ATS i see serveral community memebers so disgusted with FOX news....? but why should that be directed to NEWS CORP. I mean they own FOX news....

News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NYSE: NWS, ASX: NWS, LSE: NCRA), often abbreviated to News Corp., is the world's second-largest media conglomerate (behind The Walt Disney Company) as of 2008 and the world's third largest in entertainment as of 2009 [5][6][7][8]. The company's Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Founder is Rupert Murdoch.

News Corporation's headquarters is at 1211 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Ave.), in New York City, in the newer 1960s-1970s corridor of the Rockefeller Center complex.

In 1981 News Corp bought half of the movie studio 20th Century Fox, buying the other half in 1984.

In 1996, Fox established the Fox News Channel, a 24-hour cable news station to compete against Ted Turner's rival channel CNN.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
I have posted several times here on ATS the court ruling that Fox news can lie to the public. I have done research to make sure that the quote was valid.

Until this thread, I didn't know that the source of that legal decision was a Monsanto case.

That's how powerful this company is, even when they are exposed to scrutiny they still manage to stay in the shadow.

Yep, news was ruled as entertainment, with no moral or other obligation to tell the truth. And to me, that's just plain wrong. Mass media has such an effect on public opinion, for that reason alone the truth ought to be obligatory. And that includes lies by omission, too.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A recent TV news spot had a pig farmer that had a wound on
one knee from a pig tusk.
They showed all the pigs running around as he walked among them.
He has a new farming method now and doesn't pen them in restricted
stalls. Well the wound was not responsive to anti biotic tries.
They didn't say which one knocked out the infection.
The cause was the low level of penicillin in the pig feed that made the
wound bacteria defensive to the applied medicine.
To grow the pig bigger the pig spreads low levels of medicine to
the customers.
Same can happen with milk and bio products grown with antibiotics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join