It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% proof of U.F.O.S in space - You cannot debunk this one

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
Please direct me to reliable information on which astronaut reported seeing an alien in orbit (or anywhere else for that matter).

Oh dear HolgerTheDane I can't believe you have actually posted that
***snip***

My Goodness Fran. Your links are what makes this site so funny.

None of what you posted was reliable as evidence about astronauts claiming to have seen aliens.

Mixing genuine (but non-essential footage when it comes to aliens) with proven hoaxes does nothing to inspire faith in your links.
And it does nothing to add faith in the way you sort between 100% proof and pure garbage.

Sorry about the wording. I see no other ways to describe it. Blame it on my poor English skills.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Please direct me to reliable information on which astronaut reported seeing an alien in orbit (or anywhere else for that matter).

www.stargate-chronicles.com...

Just about as reliable as a link to Disney, Lucas Film and TrekkieHeaven.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ut oh the can has been opened, and the worms are making a run for it.

Wait for it I hear parallax calling.

Fran, in an earlier post, I presented two videos, each from a different source, demonstrating how the tether incident is an optical illusion created by the camera.

Yet you dismiss these without explanation. Could you please tell us why you dismiss them?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

I presented two videos, each from a different source, demonstrating how the tether incident is an optical illusion created by the camera.

Your videos failed to demonstrate how the UFOs in the the incident are illusions or artifacts.

*The other members will see this when they view your attempt to replicate the phenomenon.

Nice Try though!

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Your videos failed to demonstrate how the UFOs in the the incident are illusions or artifacts.

The other members will see this when they view your attempt to replicate the phenomenon.

That is an outright mischaracterization of the videos. It is clear they do indeed demonstration it is an optical illusion created by the camera.

We have a theory (these are a combination of optical illusion and debris) and are able to replicate this phenomenon in an experiment, which is repeatable.

You have either not watched this video or are lying about the conclusions of either. Or you are relying on an argument from personal belief fallacy. Please tell us how these videos do not demonstrate what they claim.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Gordon Cooper

Who says stories of him seeing a UFO in orbit are a lie.

"No, somebody made a lot of money selling … lies on that one," Cooper, the sixth American in space, told Art Bell on the syndicated "Coast to Coast" talk radio show Thursday night. "It was totally untrue, sorry to say."
Source

Ed White & James McDivitt

According to Devitt...

At a news conference on June 11th, McDivitt gave more details about the object: "Near Hawaii... I saw a white object and it looked like it was cylindrical and it looked to me like there was a white arm sticking out of it . . . It looked a lot like an upper stage of a booster. The astronaut gave few additional details when interviewed by Dr. Roach of the Condon Commitee in 1968: "McDivitt saw a cylindrical-shaped object with an antenna-like extension," Roach reported. "The appearance was something like the second phase [sic] of a Titan . . . It is McDivit's opinion that the object was probably some unmanned satellite."
Source

Donald Slayton

Did not see a UFO in orbit, according to your source...

Donald Slayton a Mercury astronaut revealed in an interview he had seen UFOs in 1951.

"I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object..."

Major Robert White
NASA Pilot Joseph A. Walker

Saw UFOs, but not in orbit, according to your source.

Commander Eugene Cernan

Did not have a sighting in orbit and never claimed to. He was stating his opinion about what they may be. Notice the wording in your source.

NASA's Maurice Chatelain
NASA's Scott Carpenter

Yes, they do make claims astronauts saw UFOs while in orbit; however the astronauts themselves tell a different story. The case of Chatelain and Carpenter relies on special pleading, not evidence.

I can just imagine..........

Gemini 7...

Has been debunked repeatedly by Frank Borman.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby
Hi Doomsday...

You say:"If you do not hold similar views to the OP or indeed the majority of posters in this thread, why then do you read these UFO threads?"

I think you are addressing this to the wrong member...

...unless I was sleep-posting again.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Please tell us how these videos do not demonstrate what they claim.

Your videos are available for the members to view and make their own determinations with regards to just how your videos do not demonstrate or replicate what is seen in the STS-75 tether UFO footage.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

And the second problem is that converting an apparent UFO into a real one -- graduating from 'candidate' to 'full-fledged' -- requires investigation of the context and circumstances of the video, and that requires that its time/date and names of witnesses be available.

How do you justify skipping those steps?

Justify I don't have to justify anything,

And that is the problem, Fran. Oberg, and others, have been asking you what process you went through to determine these prove "100%" that NASA has filmed aliens. Oberg even asked at what time in the second video a certain event happens, but to my knowledge you haven't even answered that. You instead rely on the base assertion fallacy, the negative proof fallacy and an argument from personal belief. You even rely on an appeal to popularity fallacy at one point. You seem to have a steadfast refusal to tell us the how and why behind your claim. You are short on reasoning and evidence and long on logical fallacies.

You even go so far as to chide us for not accepting the possibility these may be aliens, when we can tell you the how and why we came to our conclusions, yet you cannot or will not.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Your videos are available for the members to view and make their own determinations with regards to just how your videos do not demonstrate or replicate what is seen in the STS-75 tether UFO footage.

They do; the UFO Hunters video does just that. Perhaps you could tell us how you come to those conclusions, instead of making a declarative statement that suggests you have either not watched the video or are a liar.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You claim the STS-75 UFO`s are attributable to camera artifacts - the other debunkers claim they are ice crystals and particles....

It appears further investigation is required; the STS-75 objects have yet to be conclusively identified or accounted for.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I presented two videos, each from a different source, demonstrating how the tether incident is an optical illusion created by the camera.

Come on. You can tell us.

You didn't actually watch the videos before you posted the above, - did you?

[edit on 7.6.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

When he says things like this...

You claim the STS-75 UFO`s are attributable to camera artifacts - the other debunkers claim they are ice crystals and particles....

It is obvious he has not watched the videos or bothered even reading my posts and others here. There is no difference between what I am saying and what others like Oberg are saying, nor did I say it was "camera artifacts."

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They have been on the thread for two days...

You should watch them.

*If DoomsdayRex actually thought his videos replicated the phenomenon, he would have posted screen captures for comparative analysis...

As his videos do not; it is unlikely that he will provide such comparisons for us.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I've never seen the curve of the earth, i just rely on experts that it exists.

sure you have

youve seen the curve of the Earth

often maybe even daily

driving down a long straight highway? the poles supporting the wires appear from the top first? you see the tops of buildings first?

thats the curvature of the Earth

assuming you dont know something can be as bad as the reverse

[edit on 7-6-2009 by cranberrydork]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You should watch them.

So should you. You still cannot tell us.

*If DoomsdayRex actually thought his videos replicated the phenomenon, he would have posted screen captures for comparative analysis...

First, I do actually think they replicate the phenomenon; you are implying, without any evidence, that I am being disingenuous.

Second, it does not matter if there is a side-by-side comparison or not; it does not take away from what these videos demonstrate. You are making a red herring argument. The videos demonstrate what they demonstrate, regardless if there is a side-by-side comparison.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

They have been on the thread for two days...

You should watch them. ***snip***

But I did. And not only that. I watched the videos when they came on Youtube back in september. I have probably watched them more times than you have denied their value.

And I have seen other analysis of the thether claims. It is also debated in books and articles.

You want to believe (or want to argue) and only see what you want to see. I want to believe but I also use my common sense. You should try it sometimes.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

I see you also have failed to produce an image-set for comparative analysis.

Perhaps you refrain from doing this because the hypothesis which you support does not account for what is seen in the STS-75 tether UFO footage and is not replicated by DoomDaysRex's video...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I see you also have failed to produce an image-set for comparative analysis.

Perhaps you refrain from doing this because the hypothesis which you support does not account for what is seen in the STS-75 tether UFO footage and is not replicated by DoomDaysRex's video...

Wath the videos yourself. I'm sure your attention span should enable you to remember what is shown in two sections less than 10 seconds apart.

No need for comparative screenshots.

"Champion of debate" my "Donkey"

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

There is no need to provide more excuses as to why you refuse to substantiate your claims with readily available video footage - I've more or less determined out that neither of you intend to take the time to corroborate your artifact hypothesis...

*I'll check back periodically to see if either of you have bothered to post a comparative image set.

However, as the artifact hypothesis and videos you support do not account for the STS-75 Tether UFOs; I do not predict that such comparative images will be forthcoming.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join